Forum Settings
Forums

Is anime lacking in fights without weapons?

New
Aug 20, 2019 7:22 PM

Jul 2016
Does it feel like there's not enough plain ol' fist fights? (Dragon Ball series excluded.)
Aug 20, 2019 7:26 PM

Jul 2019
You can search for whatever anime fits the tag martial arts, the manga one even has more of it with 554 tagged compared to anime having 371.

EDIT: after looking through the martial arts list, i can see some of the animes do contain weapons but it still is a good way to find animes with fist fights.
Also watch Baki (2018) if you haven't, it's mainly fist fights with some weapons here and there I believe.
Aug 20, 2019 7:47 PM

Jul 2019
*That moment you realize you misread the question*

So yeah there aren't much recent ol'fist fights animes because it doesn't appeal to the masses as isekai does now and anime industry blablabla money blablabla copying trends blablabla whatever the fuck ppl say everytime there's whatever thread talking about oversaturation of isekai.

It would be nice if there were more fist fights, but it wouldn't interest me if the series that contains it is bland.

(Go watch Baki if you want fist action though)

Aug 20, 2019 7:49 PM

Jan 2009
hand to hand combat seems hard to animate i guess there is reason Cowboy Bebop hand to hand fights is in the movie and not the TV series i guess lol
Aug 20, 2019 8:08 PM

Mar 2019
yea probably because fights with weapons or powers are way more appealing with the flashy effects compared to a plain fight. And fist fights will have to have top notch choreography every time to keep it entertaining.
Aug 20, 2019 8:24 PM

Jul 2013
Not just lack of weapons, lack of explosions too. Real action has explosions and I have yet to see an anime with a scene that will break the fourth wall and blow up right in front of your face like Die Hard 2. Even the explosion animations in Pokemon Stadium games couldn't be contained and can still blow s**t straight to your face.

Today's anime are less like blockbusters and more like d**kless Saturday morning cartoons with deteriorated ideas. The impact in today's anime can barely scratch any invisible wall that they are contained in.
Aug 20, 2019 9:36 PM

Jul 2016
Kurt_Irving said:
Not just lack of weapons, lack of explosions too. Real action has explosions and I have yet to see an anime with a scene that will break the fourth wall and blow up right in front of your face like Die Hard 2. Even the explosion animations in Pokemon Stadium games couldn't be contained and can still blow s**t straight to your face.

Today's anime are less like blockbusters and more like d**kless Saturday morning cartoons with deteriorated ideas. The impact in today's anime can barely scratch any invisible wall that they are contained in.

I agree on the blockbuster stuff. But the title is about plain fist fights. No weapons.
Aug 20, 2019 9:47 PM

Jul 2013
I agree on the blockbuster stuff. But the title is about plain fist fights. No weapons.

In a real fight, it's either get a knockout fast or face multiple targets with weapons and dirty fighting moves, a real fight is unsanctioned and has no honor. In other words, no holds barred.

But anyway, it's hard to replicate Hajime no Ippo where mano a mano is easy to prioritize. You can't prioritize or sanction fist fights as well as unarmed combat outside of sports easily.
Aug 20, 2019 10:15 PM

Oct 2013
There's the first two parts of Jojo, Fist of the North Star, Megalo Box if you don't count gears as weapons....ummm let's see...Ben-To.

Nope, out of everything I've seen I can't think of anything else right now, so you may be onto something.
Aug 20, 2019 10:31 PM
May 2016
Only anime I can think of at the moment is Ben-to
Aug 21, 2019 5:32 AM

Oct 2010
Yeah, kinda lacking, all good stuff we had was keijo!!!!!!!! Creators add the swords and stuff because they look cool. Busou Shoujo Machiavelli had some fist fights as far as I remember.
Aug 21, 2019 5:45 PM

Jul 2016
BiDiGiN said:
(Go watch Baki if you want fist action though)

I'm pansexual, so I'll watch it not just for the fist fights. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Aug 21, 2019 6:21 PM

Jul 2019
@IpreferEcchi

*Insert connoisseur meme*

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Those thighs though( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

130 by -YaoiBoy- »»
6 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

216 by Coaghim »»
14 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

33 by FanofAction »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 2 hours ago

7 by BitChilly »»
25 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - 7 hours ago

24 by Coaghim »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.