Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 16, 2019 7:53 PM
Sep 2016
Specifically referring to episode 5, hero, here. Spoilers ahead for s3 part 2.

One of my favorite scenes in part 2 is when Armin basically sacrifices himself to bring down the colossal titan. He hooks himself to the titans teeth and basically gets cooked to a crisp doing so all to distract bertolt from eren. Now heres where I see a problem that no one seems to have noticed or cared about. Gravity.

Armin unhooks and plummets down onto a building while eren goes for the nape. The colosal titan is huge, in fact, its 60 meters tall (200 feet). Being generous here and saying the building was 10 meters tall and that armin was hovering around 55 meters (he was hooked to the mouth), he would still have fallen 45 meters onto a solid rock building without immediately dying on impact. This is all overlooking the fact that he was just burned to a crisp. That just isn't humanely possible.

Is this simply a mistake that most people decide to ignore or is there an explanation somewhere in the manga?
"The universe has a beginning, but no end. — Infinite. Stars, too, have their own beginnings, but their own power results in their destruction. — Finite. It is those who possess wisdom who are the greatest fools. History has shown us this. You could say that this is the final warning from God to those who resist."
Aug 16, 2019 8:22 PM
Sep 2016
angelk99 said:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3212924/ Well, it's clearly plausible to survive that.

Citing miracle cases doesn't help much, unless you have one where someone was burned to death right before. If you read your link it, they only survived because they landed feet first, Armin was unconscious, and from how his body was positioned he would've landed on his back, neck and head
"The universe has a beginning, but no end. — Infinite. Stars, too, have their own beginnings, but their own power results in their destruction. — Finite. It is those who possess wisdom who are the greatest fools. History has shown us this. You could say that this is the final warning from God to those who resist."
Aug 16, 2019 8:31 PM

Aug 2019
I loved the episode myself, but surviving being cooked extra crispy and falling 140 ft onto his back is very very unlikely in real life. Even if he had survived in real life, he wouldn't have stayed alive for long after he landed.

It's an anime action/fantasy series, so suspension of disbelief certainly plays a big role here, and it didn't affect my enjoyment of the show.

Aug 16, 2019 11:09 PM
Sep 2016
angelk99 said:
Also, remember that Eldians ARE NOT HUMANS. I have seen Armin lifting a super-heavy rock at the end of season 1. No human could do that either.

not tryna get into a debate here on this. I've always presumed them as humans and seen no reason to think otherwise. Was just wondering if the manga had addressed the fall and it was left out or if it was just convenient lazy writing. Doesn't seem it has.
Aug 16, 2019 11:32 PM

Aug 2019
Tranqualizer said:
angelk99 said:
Also, remember that Eldians ARE NOT HUMANS. I have seen Armin lifting a super-heavy rock at the end of season 1. No human could do that either.

not tryna get into a debate here on this. I've always presumed them as humans and seen no reason to think otherwise. Was just wondering if the manga had addressed the fall and it was left out or if it was just convenient lazy writing. Doesn't seem it has.

Na, the manga doesn't address the fall.
Aug 17, 2019 4:39 AM
Jul 2018
Let's be honest, does it really serve any purpose of the plot knowing how and why Armin survived the fall?
Aug 17, 2019 5:32 AM
Sep 2016
ABDoesThings said:
Let's be honest, does it really serve any purpose of the plot knowing how and why Armin survived the fall?

Its just a matter of details. I like digging into an anime and seeing that all the minor details add up. Some people don't mind that and that's cool too. To each his own.
Aug 17, 2019 5:34 AM
Jul 2018
Tranqualizer said:
ABDoesThings said:

Its just a matter of details. I like digging into an anime and seeing that all the minor details add up. Some people don't mind that and that's cool too. To each his own.

I don't know, I just kinda find it weird that all people can complain about is Armin surviving the fall. Like, why are you complaining about a guy being alive?
Aug 17, 2019 5:37 AM
Sep 2016
ABDoesThings said:
Tranqualizer said:

I don't know, I just kinda find it weird that all people can complain about is Armin surviving the fall. Like, why are you complaining about a guy being alive?

Because its central to the main plot? You can't pick between armin and erwin if armin is already dead. I mean I get that you don't mind it but for something so core to the story, you gotta see that it'll bother at least some people right?
Aug 17, 2019 6:09 AM

Oct 2018
No matter how much attack on titan fans says this show is realistic, it's still a fictional series which also have plot armor like literally every popular series and why kill a really major character that soon, the final arc hasn't finished yet. Him surviving make no sense but it's a fictional series so there is no need to complain.
Ri22rkAug 17, 2019 3:49 PM
Aug 17, 2019 12:53 PM
Aug 2019
Shingeki is my favorite anime/manga, but I still can't justify Armin surviving a fall from those heights; it isn't realistic for their universe.

Remember in season 1, when Sasha shoots her 3DMG hook through the foot of a guy who fell off the wall, unconscious? She probably took such a drastic measure because he would have died if he had fallen from that high up and hit the buildings/ground below.

People talk about "ass pulls" for Reiner, but I don't buy it. We've seen, again and again, how hard it is to kill a titan shifter, whether it be Reiner or any other shifter. And several times, a specific mechanism is explained or can be pieced together by readers.

You can't say that about Armin, who has no usable powers or practical latent abilities.
Nonetheless, I don't get hung up on it or let it take away from my enjoyment of the series.
Aug 17, 2019 1:15 PM

Aug 2019
najumobi said:

People talk about "ass pulls" for Reiner, but I don't buy it. We've seen, again and again, how hard it is to kill a titan shifter, whether it be Reiner or any other shifter. And several times, a specific mechanism is explained or can be pieced together by readers.

I agree. However, the only thing about Reiner's predicament during the battle in Shinganshina was his ability to transfer his consciousness to other parts of his body. It came out of nowhere.

I don't even think it was required either as titan shifters are notoriously difficult to kill off and have the ability to regenerate quickly provided they have a strong will to live. Reiner re-generating and having little to no memory of events leading up his head being blown off would have been consequence enough with all the consciousness nonsense.
Aug 17, 2019 3:16 PM
Aug 2019
xenosys said:
najumobi said:
I agree. However, the only thing about Reiner's predicament during the battle in Shinganshina was his ability to transfer his consciousness to other parts of his body. It came out of nowhere.

I don't even think it was required either as titan shifters are notoriously difficult to kill off and have the ability to regenerate quickly provided they have a strong will to live. Reiner re-generating and having little to no memory of events leading up his head being blown off would have been consequence enough with all the consciousness nonsense.
Yeah it would have been a little better if that brain function shift ability was foreshadowed a smidgen.

Like the erasing memories thing is shocking, but it fits within the context of our knowledge since season 1 that no one knows how the walls were built; and on top of that, no character gives specifics about the supposed attack that occurred 100 years ago. Which seemed weird to me at the time.
Aug 17, 2019 3:21 PM

Feb 2017
Yeah, it was probably one of the biggest, if not the biggest, bullshit moment in SnK. Definitely one of the low points. I am surprised Isayama went for that instead of making Armin's survival bit more plausible.
Aug 17, 2019 4:40 PM

Apr 2019
this is the worst asspull in snk and the worst part in RTS arc.
Aug 17, 2019 6:05 PM

Aug 2019
ranzer said:
this is the worst asspull in snk and the worst part in RTS arc.

The manga would like to have a word with you.
Not spoilng, obvs.
Aug 18, 2019 3:12 AM
Apr 2019
I dont have any explanation for that,, But I can make some points,,

1.Armin's ODM gear was still working,he was attached to it. May be it helped him .
2.We Don't know when Eren came out of his nape after crystallizing. May be Eren had picked up Armin.
3.It's not unusual for a person unconscious and burnt to live after that fall.Besides,it's a fiction.
Aug 18, 2019 4:49 AM
Sep 2016
NakolHira said:
I dont have any explanation for that,, But I can make some points,,

1.Armin's ODM gear was still working,he was attached to it. May be it helped him .
2.We Don't know when Eren came out of his nape after crystallizing. May be Eren had picked up Armin.
3.It's not unusual for a person unconscious and burnt to live after that fall.Besides,it's a fiction.

1. We clearly saw his odm gear start melting, high doubt it did him any favors.
2. I thought about that but it would take away the whole point of the plan to distract bertolt. Theres just no way eren catches armin and puts him down on a building when armin basically gives his life to distract him for a couple minutes. The chance that bertolt would see him is much too high. Also if this did happen, it would've been really easy to show/hint/say which the show did none so its out as an option.
3. Its 45 meters. Usually, the cut off point for survival is around 30 meters, unless you somehow miracle land on your feet and let them take most of the impact or land on something extremely soft. There's just no possible way he survives that fall. Even fictional works should stick to the rules they set for themselves. Thats what separates good writing from sloppy writing.
Aug 18, 2019 5:58 AM

Jan 2016
I mean it's undeniable that the main cast has a certain level of plot armour throughout the story. Whether it disrupts your viewing experience is subjective. Personally, I found it kinda funny when he was shown to be alive, mans was cooked well done and didn't shatter into a million pieces when he fell.
Aug 18, 2019 8:27 AM
Jul 2018
Maybe that colossus steam was responsible for reducing the impact, also because they were near the gate it was possible for Armin to land on a house rooftop.
Aug 18, 2019 8:38 AM
Sep 2016
Kuruga-san said:
Maybe that colossus steam was responsible for reducing the impact, also because they were near the gate it was possible for Armin to land on a house rooftop.

The colosal titan blows steam in a horizontal line, not vertical. That doesn't really help against gravity. you need a vertical force to reduce impact. And armin did land on a house rooftop. From what we see he lands right in the middle of it, where theres a stone section of the roof...probably the worst possible material to land on
Aug 18, 2019 8:48 AM

May 2014
This is just a common thing in shonen. The average human is much more durable than in real life.
Aug 18, 2019 10:07 AM
Sep 2016
fancyjasper said:
This is just a common thing in shonen. The average human is much more durable than in real life.

Usually shonen characters have powers or something like that and each shonen has a different world setting where usually all the characters are extremely durable and go flying through moutains, which is totally fine. As long as they don't contradict the world they set I see no problem with that. But aot is built on people dying out of no where, everyone's fair game and small mistakes can kill you. That's where a lot of the enjoyment for me comes from and seeing that overlooked is disappointing.
Aug 18, 2019 10:22 AM

May 2014
Tranqualizer said:
fancyjasper said:

Usually shonen characters have powers or something like that and each shonen has a different world setting where usually all the characters are extremely durable and go flying through moutains, which is totally fine. As long as they don't contradict the world they set I see no problem with that. But aot is built on people dying out of no where, everyone's fair game and small mistakes can kill you. That's where a lot of the enjoyment for me comes from and seeing that overlooked is disappointing.

True, i can't see many people complaining about why a character like Luffy being hit miles across the screen into a wall and not dying, since One Piece isn't trying to be realistic. I do think Aot could've done something about this. Just have a random solider fly in and grab Armin before he hits the ground. Or maybe when the colossal titan was emitting steam have it fall to the ground, because it doesn't have enough muscle to support it's legs anymore or something, so when Armin falls it's not a huuge fall that makes people question how he survived it.
FancyjasperAug 18, 2019 10:25 AM
Aug 18, 2019 10:35 AM

Jul 2017
ABDoesThings said:

well yeah, cause if Armin didn't survive the fall then the entire debate episode would've been condensed into like 2 minutes lol

Yea that was a very bs scene for me, one of the reasons it leaned more towards a 9 for me rather than 10. It seems even the general consensus from manga readers as well is that is was a giant asspull. Like yea, you could say people have survived similar situations, but Armin was not only burnt to a crisp, he also fell straight down from whatever amount of feet, presumably landed on his spine and straight onto the house support. The only possible scenario would be the "these guys aren't really human" situation, but there have been characters in the series that have died from far less extreme scenarios
Aug 27, 2019 9:15 PM
Aug 2015
Suspension of disbelief, my friend. Just like Erwin managed to survive those rocks being shot through his body, Armin was lucky as well. The series has been defying physics logic since its first episode, so it's not entirely unbelievable - in the context of the show, always.
Aug 29, 2019 3:36 AM
Aug 2018
A lot of things happen in this show doesn't make sense in real Life. just enjoy it
Aug 29, 2019 8:54 AM
Jul 2018
It's possible that he could survive for a few minutes. An fatal injury does not necessarily cause instant death.
Aug 29, 2019 9:08 AM
May 2019
I don't know really where the problem is?
I mean they didn't say he is alive and safe and he will live with these injuries as if nothing happened. He just heavily injured and on the verge of death and they must use the syringe on him as quick as possible to revive/heal him. They did not say he won't die, it was just that he didn't die instantly. Falling from a height doesn't always kill instantly. The person may be in a coma for a few moments and possibly days then die. Burns "never" kill instantly and people who die in fires die of suffocation and not the burns themselves. The person after being burnt, suffers from pain from the burns till he die of other factors related to the burns. In both cases they don't usually die instantly and sometimes may last for days till death and in Armin's case you can say he lived for possibly 30 mins till he took the syringe. I don't know why people find Armin's survival for those 30 mins illogical?!!

Don't get me wrong! I really believe that if Armin died, it would have been better and more impactful and powerful due to the death of a main character but I don't think it's illogical or that his survival was an asspull as many says. Maybe the problem is that it feels more like a plot armor, but it would also feel like a plot armour if Erwin was the one who took the syringe but still it would have been better if Erwin was the one who took the syringe instead of Armin but I am Ok with that.
N0-0NEAug 29, 2019 9:44 AM
Aug 29, 2019 8:00 PM
Sep 2016
N0-0NE said:
Falling from a height doesn't always kill instantly. The person may be in a coma for a few moments and possibly days then die.

From that height in which he fell and the fact that he landed on a solid surface with no cushioning...that will always kill instantly unless by some miracle he lands on a specific part of his leg and puts the force on it, which he couldn't do as he was clearly unconscious.
Aug 30, 2019 1:36 PM
May 2019
Tranqualizer said:
N0-0NE said:
Falling from a height doesn't always kill instantly. The person may be in a coma for a few moments and possibly days then die.

From that height in which he fell and the fact that he landed on a solid surface with no cushioning...that will always kill instantly unless by some miracle he lands on a specific part of his leg and puts the force on it, which he couldn't do as he was clearly unconscious.

I think the steam may act as a cushion that decreases the speed of falling and actually you can notice the odm gear stretching before detaching from the colossal's bones which may decrease the impact of falling. If you can't notice this part in the anime, you can clearly see it in the manga.

How much was the height he fell from anyway? I think it was no more than 35 metres. The buildings are about 15 metres high "approximation from the titans heights" and the wall itself is 50 metres. Factoring in the steam and the gear part, I actually don't think by putting these in mind that he must die instantly after these injuries, not saying that the fall did not injure him heavily but that the impact was not heavy enough to kill instantly. I hope you get my point.
Aug 30, 2019 5:05 PM
Sep 2016
N0-0NE said:
Tranqualizer said:

I think the steam may act as a cushion that decreases the speed of falling and actually you can notice the odm gear stretching before detaching from the colossal's bones which may decrease the impact of falling. If you can't notice this part in the anime, you can clearly see it in the manga.

How much was the height he fell from anyway? I think it was no more than 35 metres. The buildings are about 15 metres high "approximation from the titans heights" and the wall itself is 50 metres. Factoring in the steam and the gear part, I actually don't think by putting these in mind that he must die instantly after these injuries, not saying that the fall did not injure him heavily but that the impact was not heavy enough to kill instantly. I hope you get my point.
45 meters is already quite generous there is no way its a 35 meter fall, but even then if you know anything about gravity, steam blowing out in a horizontal line wont effect the speed of anything falling vertically. And i dont get what you mean by the odm stretching first, that was pre fall and wont effect anything. Theres just no way he does not die instantly on impact from that fall.
Aug 31, 2019 4:58 AM
May 2019
It was already stated that the walls are 50m high and the buildings are about the same height of Eren's titan which was stated to be 15m high. Armin fell from the same level of the wall's top (50m) to one of the buildings' roofs so I don't think it was no more than a 35m fall.(50 - 15 = 35)
Besides, I don't think steam is being blown horizintally only, it seems to be blowing in all directions around the colssal's body, and that's why I said it affects the impact of the fall.
And as for the gear it did not stretch completely prefall and it stretched to its full length during the fall so as it detaches the impact of the fall will be affected.
Oct 3, 2019 11:21 PM
Jul 2018
It's a plot hole and the only major plot hole i find in the series. That little pussy survived 40+ meter fall on a hard surface and being cooked perfectly ready to serve on a dinner table. All that so their could be a big stupid situation, Erwin or armin.

I mean c'mon if you wanna make that pussy the face of the series i don't have any problems with that but the way isayama did that just disrespected my man Erwin. It's like they're saying Erwin vs armin and armin is better. I know if you look deep into that it's not the case but majority of people think armin is the right choice. It's just plain stupid not to mention the hole armin sacrificing himself that made me cry for that pussy was pointless.

They could've made armin CT without dragging Erwin into this but nooo isayama needed to do that so he can create a very very very stupid drama that only stupid people could enjoy.

If isayama doesn't think he has some major plot for armin in the future he should've just killed armin with Erwin and somehow make jean the new CT. Jean has potential as a character but he constantly lives under armin, making him the new CT would've finally given him the character development he deserves.Not to mention If one of the three main characters were killed off like that it would've make AOT more interesting.

The first time reading the manga i was very disappointed in that part and part 2 also leavened a bad taste in my mouth. As a Attack on Titan fan i always try to forget that part.
Oct 3, 2019 11:51 PM
Sep 2018
ThEOnlYMaNAliV said:
It's a plot hole and the only major plot hole i find in the series. That little pussy survived 40+ meter fall on a hard surface and being cooked perfectly ready to serve on a dinner table. All that so their could be a big stupid situation, Erwin or armin.

I mean c'mon if you wanna make that pussy the face of the series i don't have any problems with that but the way isayama did that just disrespected my man Erwin. It's like they're saying Erwin vs armin and armin is better. I know if you look deep into that it's not the case but majority of people think armin is the right choice. It's just plain stupid not to mention the hole armin sacrificing himself that made me cry for that pussy was pointless.

They could've made armin CT without dragging Erwin into this but nooo isayama needed to do that so he can create a very very very stupid drama that only stupid people could enjoy.

If isayama doesn't think he has some major plot for armin in the future he should've just killed armin with Erwin and somehow make jean the new CT. Jean has potential as a character but he constantly lives under armin, making him the new CT would've finally given him the character development he deserves.Not to mention If one of the three main characters were killed off like that it would've make AOT more interesting.

The first time reading the manga i was very disappointed in that part and part 2 also leavened a bad taste in my mouth. As a Attack on Titan fan i always try to forget that part.

It's not plot hole it's plot armor. The way decision was taken to revive armin instead of erwin never disrespected erwin actually, it was more like respecting his final decision of dying for humanity alongside his comrades, and freeing him from all the burden, suffering and the guilt he had accumulated over these years as commander of scouts. Though you may see it the way you want, Even I wanted Erwin to be revived but I'm okay with armin. Armin's survival from fall doesn't make much sense that's why it is clear plot armor. Calling Armin pussy is more like disrespecting Erwin's words where he said Armin's their greatest weapon.
Oct 4, 2019 1:52 AM
Jul 2018
zerotitan said:
ThEOnlYMaNAliV said:

It's not plot hole it's plot armor. The way decision was taken to revive armin instead of erwin never disrespected erwin actually, it was more like respecting his final decision of dying for humanity alongside his comrades, and freeing him from all the burden, suffering and the guilt he had accumulated over these years as commander of scouts. Though you may see it the way you want, Even I wanted Erwin to be revived but I'm okay with armin. Armin's survival from fall doesn't make much sense that's why it is clear plot armor. Calling Armin pussy is more like disrespecting Erwin's words where he said Armin's their greatest weapon.

(It's not plot hole it's plot armor)

First of all Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

(The way decision was taken to revive armin instead of erwin never disrespected erwin actually)

It's a matter of opinion, i for one don't like that particular part and think that part could be avoided completely. If you look deep into it then yes reviving armin over Erwin doesn't disrespect Erwin but the hole situation does actually. Erwin gave his last speech then charged and should've killed there. The reason he was kept alive because Erwin or armin chose.

(it was more like respecting his final decision of dying for humanity alongside his comrades, and freeing him from all the burden, suffering and the guilt he had accumulated over these years as commander of scouts)

That is just cliche man. Respecting his final decision, Do you really think Erwin would've mind if he was revived? Your so call burden, suffering and guilt the reason he bear all that so he could accomplish his dream. Being dead made all his life's work meaningless to him. Yes the future generations could see what he couldn't see but there was a chance for him to see his own life's work but thanks to a certain someone who got sentimental and because of that he will not.
the hole uprising arc was possible because one man lead the army, now Historia is the queen but Erwin was the shadow king. Any future important decision couldn't be made without his consent. Erwin is a very important and needed person for the future of the walls and Now he is dead. Yes i get it his Final decision was to die for humanity but only because there was no other way. If there was any other way for him to survive he would've taken it.

(Even I wanted Erwin to be revived but I'm okay with armin)

Yes Erwin was by far the logical choice.

(Armin's survival from fall doesn't make much sense that's why it is clear plot armor)

Agree with you completely on that one.

(Calling Armin pussy is more like disrespecting Erwin's words where he said Armin's their greatest weapon)

Well not everything comes out of Erwin's mouth gonna be truth.
Oct 4, 2019 3:01 AM
Sep 2018
ThEOnlYMaNAliV said:
zerotitan said:

(The way decision was taken to revive armin instead of erwin never disrespected erwin actually)

It's a matter of opinion, i for one don't like that particular part and think that part could be avoided completely. If you look deep into it then yes reviving armin over Erwin doesn't disrespect Erwin but the hole situation does actually. Erwin gave his last speech then charged and should've killed there. The reason he was kept alive because Erwin or armin chose.

(it was more like respecting his final decision of dying for humanity alongside his comrades, and freeing him from all the burden, suffering and the guilt he had accumulated over these years as commander of scouts)

That is just cliche man. Respecting his final decision, Do you really think Erwin would've mind if he was revived? Your so call burden, suffering and guilt the reason he bear all that so he could accomplish his dream. Being dead made all his life's work meaningless to him. Yes the future generations could see what he couldn't see but there was a chance for him to see his own life's work but thanks to a certain someone who got sentimental and because of that he will not.
the hole uprising arc was possible because one man lead the army, now Historia is the queen but Erwin was the shadow king. Any future important decision couldn't be made without his consent. Erwin is a very important and needed person for the future of the walls and Now he is dead. Yes i get it his Final decision was to die for humanity but only because there was no other way. If there was any other way for him to survive he would've taken it.

(Armin's survival from fall doesn't make much sense that's why it is clear plot armor)

(Calling Armin pussy is more like disrespecting Erwin's words where he said Armin's their greatest weapon)

I agree the drama part could have been avoided but such type of dramas ( also aot's one of the genre is drama ) are good building tension, and for characterization, that scene was more important for Levi as character also a little bit important for Mikasa as people all the time accused her of showing care only for eren but here she was ready to fight for Armin too.
Also, Erwin dying without realizing his dreams is also consistent with shows theme where this happens all the time to all the characters. Forex.
Even Erwin mentioned this in his final speech. Also everything you say his work meaningless for him but successors will be able to see it was all mentioned by Erwin in his speech. This theme has been consistent throughout the show. Also like I said earlier that was important for characterization as you probably already know many people always accuse of Levi of being cold, one-dimensional, it was also very clear throughout the situtation how emotional Levi was, and a man which people picture as perfect can take a decision in the flow of emotions also, after all, he is a human too who has been suppressing his emotions for far too long, but when it comes down to his best friend and the one he respects he can not control his emotions.

Not everything comes out of Erwin's mouth gonna be truth...

But, what he said was not wrong. It's armin only because of whom they could have achieved many things. You can not diminish his contribution, saving Eren's life from garrison, Trost battle, Annie's identity reveal, reminding Bertolt, Reiner of Annie at the right moment due to to which eren could be saved, identifying Reiner's location otherwise mission could have failed earlier. To this point, he has contributed a lot. However,
Oct 4, 2019 3:47 AM
Jul 2018
zerotitan said:
ThEOnlYMaNAliV said:

I agree the drama part could have been avoided but such type of dramas ( also aot's one of the genre is drama ) are good building tension, and for characterization, that scene was more important for Levi as character also a little bit important for Mikasa as people all the time accused her of showing care only for eren but here she was ready to fight for Armin too.
Also, Erwin dying without realizing his dreams is also consistent with shows theme where this happens all the time to all the characters. Forex.
Even Erwin mentioned this in his final speech. Also everything you say his work meaningless for him but successors will be able to see it was all mentioned by Erwin in his speech. This theme has been consistent throughout the show. Also like I said earlier that was important for characterization as you probably already know many people always accuse of Levi of being cold, one-dimensional, it was also very clear throughout the situtation how emotional Levi was, and a man which people picture as perfect can take a decision in the flow of emotions also, after all, he is a human too who has been suppressing his emotions for far too long, but when it comes down to his best friend and the one he respects he can not control his emotions.

Not everything comes out of Erwin's mouth gonna be truth...

But, what he said was not wrong. It's armin only because of whom they could have achieved many things. You can not diminish his contribution, saving Eren's life from garrison, Trost battle, Annie's identity reveal, reminding Bertolt, Reiner of Annie at the right moment due to to which eren could be saved, identifying Reiner's location otherwise mission could have failed earlier. To this point, he has contributed a lot. However,

Ohh buddy this argument could go on forever.
I spent 30 minutes writing my last quote. This is the longest quote I've written. I not good at writing. Let's just say people have different opinions.
Nov 17, 2020 10:09 AM
Aug 2019
Tranqualizer said:
Specifically referring to episode 5, hero, here. Spoilers ahead for s3 part 2.

One of my favorite scenes in part 2 is when Armin basically sacrifices himself to bring down the colossal titan. He hooks himself to the titans teeth and basically gets cooked to a crisp doing so all to distract bertolt from eren. Now heres where I see a problem that no one seems to have noticed or cared about. Gravity.

Armin unhooks and plummets down onto a building while eren goes for the nape. The colosal titan is huge, in fact, its 60 meters tall (200 feet). Being generous here and saying the building was 10 meters tall and that armin was hovering around 55 meters (he was hooked to the mouth), he would still have fallen 45 meters onto a solid rock building without immediately dying on impact. This is all overlooking the fact that he was just burned to a crisp. That just isn't humanely possible.

Is this simply a mistake that most people decide to ignore or is there an explanation somewhere in the manga?

If you really want to make it work physically, you could say that the rising hot air from the colossal titan countered gravitational acceleration a bit lol ... and lessoned the potential impact when hitting the building. I got no clue how much the effect would be from the rising hot air, but you really just need to successfully muddy the waters for yourself. Although, no matter how you look at it, it is a miracle for someone to survive that. I'd accept it as a miracle rather than obsess over it as a plot hole.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.