Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 29, 2019 2:25 PM
Aug 2017
Mythologically said:
TimmyJran said:
Woah woah woah, Many people think that this is good!?! The animation studio who animated the anime ARE SO FOCKING LAZY. They practically wasted the potential of the anime. They skipped over so many detail like the civilians, a proper knock back for the vampire and the transformation of the vampire to a demon fox dog thing with wings WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL. I’m sorry but those who “like” this episode your taste in anime is probably poisonous to me. Overall the changes they made to the anime ruined it.

If you unironically think that better animation would not be detrimental to this show, I don’t know what to tell you. The poor quality of the animation is about 50% of the enjoyment I’m deriving from this. This anime is a meme; good animation would only make it less funny.

Apparently, you grew up with these so called "animation", which made you think that all current animation is "good". Maybe, if you watched more anime you would understand.
Sep 29, 2019 2:43 PM
Aug 2017
Tatsuya said:
TimmyJran said:

I think you need to learn about animation and watch more anime with “good” animation.

And it sounds like you need to learn what sarcasm is.

Musashi gundou is amazing art wise, because it's literally the worst animation i've seen in a anime since the advent of cg in anime, perhaps the worst of all time, it is so horrendously bad that it becomes amazing.

As i pointed out in a earlier post, maou sama, retry! is a parody of isekai, as such the animation works in it's favor, unless of course, your taking it 100% seriously.

Really I couldn't tell. All I got from your quote was that Maou-sama Retry's animation was good. I knew that you were being sarcastic about Musashi Gundou, because it's an old anime. However, maybe you're the one who misunderstood me. I wasn't talking about Musashi Gundou; I was talking about Maou-sama Retry. I know you like the animation for Maou-sama Retry, but I 100% sure that you haven't even read the manga yet, so of course you don't know anything about it's ascetic. They basically downgraded a good series, by adding more forehead and etc.
Sep 29, 2019 3:22 PM
Aug 2017
Mythologically said:
TimmyJran said:

Apparently, you grew up with these so called "animation", which made you think that all current animation is "good". Maybe, if you watched more anime you would understand.

what are you even saying
seriously how do you look at what i said and come up with something so logically incoherent and disconnected
what

Okay...
I'll explain to you what I meant.

I responded by inferring that you probably haven't seen that many bad anime with good animation, such as the Fate Unlimited Blades Work. You like the animation, because the poor quality assists with the comedic aspect of the anime, but it makes it crap during fight scenes.

You didn't even try to understand what I tried to say. May you're the one who is just looking at my quote and assumed something else. If you still don't understand, they just keep rereading it, and if you still don't understand it, I don't know if I can dumb it down for you anymore.
Oct 1, 2019 10:03 AM

Jan 2009
TimmyJran said:
Tatsuya said:

And it sounds like you need to learn what sarcasm is.

Musashi gundou is amazing art wise, because it's literally the worst animation i've seen in a anime since the advent of cg in anime, perhaps the worst of all time, it is so horrendously bad that it becomes amazing.

As i pointed out in a earlier post, maou sama, retry! is a parody of isekai, as such the animation works in it's favor, unless of course, your taking it 100% seriously.

Really I couldn't tell. All I got from your quote was that Maou-sama Retry's animation was good. I knew that you were being sarcastic about Musashi Gundou, because it's an old anime. However, maybe you're the one who misunderstood me. I wasn't talking about Musashi Gundou; I was talking about Maou-sama Retry. I know you like the animation for Maou-sama Retry, but I 100% sure that you haven't even read the manga yet, so of course you don't know anything about it's ascetic. They basically downgraded a good series, by adding more forehead and etc.

I actually have read the manga, and while i do agree the art has been downgraded, the same could be said for series like one punch man, fact is i'm surprised this series even got greenlit for a anime adaptation.

Perhaps it's because i'm more willing to accept that nothing will ever be perfectly done, but the anime to me, did what it needed to do and that's all.

If you want my opinion, i think the one who was the biggest hit by the art style was in fact angel white, who looks more like a older version of luna in the anime, where in the manga she looked fairly different, aku is different too but her appearance in the manga made her look more androgynous so i am not surprised they changed that.

Fact is for a studio's first project i think they did a good job, hopefully they improve but not bad for a first outing.
TatsuyaOct 1, 2019 10:09 AM
Nov 9, 2019 1:16 AM

Jul 2015
Lmao that moment when that prince of darkness kicked that deranged holy maiden in order to fight zero was hilarious

Yu should do more magic tricks, she is really good at it

Nov 16, 2019 1:20 AM

Sep 2012
her and assassin clown part 😂
Feb 17, 2020 4:44 PM
Mar 2018
Did they use sounds from Star Trek in this show? When the Head Maiden did her protection for the castle it sounded like the beaming sound from Star Trek...
Oct 21, 2020 8:21 PM

Aug 2017
Not so much screentime for the Demon Lord in this episode, regardless of that, the episode was pretty good. The scene of the clown losing his arms was a funny one, I am glad that the classic humor of this series returned.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 30, 2021 9:20 PM

Oct 2020
Man that fight scene animation was really bad

At least we got to see some Zero kirisame action
Apr 6, 2021 7:55 PM

Mar 2010
Well dang I thought they killed the girl for second. Happy she was saved.
Apr 12, 2021 10:22 PM
Dec 2020
ffs the character change th
Oct 29, 2022 9:04 AM

Dec 2020
Killer Queen seeing zero: AHHHDHFHDKSNSB
That was so funny lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

96 by Rudyanto13 »»
Mar 21, 6:52 AM

» Season 2 when?

Iroha_Pixie - May 18, 2021

31 by Allsaints112 »»
Feb 6, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2019

53 by GabaGej »»
Dec 21, 2023 4:04 PM

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

87 by icegodz12 »»
Jul 8, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

130 by iSoulend »»
Jan 10, 2023 3:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.