Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 12, 2019 6:48 AM
Aug 2019
A friend of mine is giving anime a chance (after a lot of persuasion). Is this a good recommendation? I don't want anything that would turn them off (i.e many cringey moments, lousy characters, excessive fan service). I watched this but I'm sure I have a clear opinion.

How can I persuade them to check this out without overhyping the premise?
Aug 12, 2019 6:53 AM

Apr 2018
Better Give him a popular anime with a great and hype start instead, like AOT, death note, One punch man, Re:zero and tokyo ghoul.
Aug 12, 2019 7:27 AM
Oct 2016
kowaidesune said:
A friend of mine is giving anime a chance (after a lot of persuasion). Is this a good recommendation? I don't want anything that would turn them off (i.e many cringey moments, lousy characters, excessive fan service). I watched this but I'm sure I have a clear opinion.

No don't give this early. Let the anime finish first. Meantime let him watch Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist(anime original), Death Note. If he is not weak hearted, give him AOT, it will surely hook him up. If otherwise then give him FMA or DT. If he watched Dragon Ball in his childhood, hook him up with Naurto or One Piece or Hunter x Hunter (2011) after those. Then let him watch FMAB.
Aug 12, 2019 7:58 AM

Jan 2018
Yeah sure. Why not?
Aug 12, 2019 10:04 AM
Dec 2016
Yep,i think its a good anime for beginners
Aug 12, 2019 10:18 AM

Jul 2019
orianmip13 said:

Not sure. In terms of humor it can be kind of iffy with Zenitsu and Inosuke screaming and running about. In that case let's hope they are committed after the serious note of the first episode.
SeygneurAug 12, 2019 11:01 AM
Aug 12, 2019 10:23 AM

Mar 2014
Seygneur said:
orianmip13 said:

Not sure. In sure terms of humor it can be kind of iffy with Zenitsu and Inosuke screaming and running about. In that case let's hope they are committed after the serious note of the first episode.

True point but if you give them something like Black Clover or something else with a "loud character who doesn't appear to be strong at first" then they can handle Kimetsu no Yaiba
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Aug 12, 2019 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
Yes cause I don't think a beginner would realize how average the plot is
Aug 12, 2019 11:01 AM

Jul 2013
Seygneur said:
orianmip13 said:

Not sure. In sure terms of humor it can be kind of iffy with Zenitsu and Inosuke screaming and running about. In that case let's hope they are committed after the serious note of the first episode.

That's literally most shounen humor.
Aug 12, 2019 11:04 AM

Feb 2018
kowaidesune said:

Death Note is the best choice. Its hooking power is the best I have ever found. FMAB is not okay,1st episode confuses many.None of the top 20 anime, rating wise have strong starts. They are good but requires atleast 4-5 episodes except death note.
shubh_jain_2Aug 12, 2019 11:10 AM
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
Aug 12, 2019 12:33 PM
Jul 2019
shubh_jain_2 said:
kowaidesune said:

Death Note is the best choice. Its hooking power is the best I have ever found. FMAB is not okay,1st episode confuses many.None of the top 20 anime, rating wise have strong starts. They are good but requires atleast 4-5 episodes except death note.

Wait how is the first episode of Fmab confusing?.
Aug 12, 2019 12:46 PM

Oct 2013
draco11 said:
kowaidesune said:

No don't give this early. Let the anime finish first. Meantime let him watch Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist(anime original), Death Note. If he is not weak hearted, give him AOT, it will surely hook him up. If otherwise then give him FMA or DT. If he watched Dragon Ball in his childhood, hook him up with Naurto or One Piece or Hunter x Hunter (2011) after those. Then let him watch FMAB.

Why fma original? And not brotherhood? fma is filler fanfic.

shubh_jain_2 said:
kowaidesune said:

Attack on titan has good first episode, that is what started its popularity boom, death note is also a good choice, though I made a friend watch it and she said it was too forced and she couldn't take it seriously, she drop it at episode 2.

But death note is a good choice for most persons as well.
Aug 12, 2019 1:14 PM
Jul 2019
kowaidesune said:

What kind of movies like your friend?
Aug 12, 2019 1:52 PM

May 2014
I'd say always go with Death Note for someones first anime. Unless you know for sure Demon Slayer is the type of thing he'd enjoy more.
Aug 14, 2019 12:36 AM

Feb 2018
LelouchtheGOAT said:
shubh_jain_2 said:

Wait how is the first episode of Fmab confusing?.

Well, see it again the first episode is anine original intended for manga readers/ original anime viewers, it does not makes much sense until you have viewed almost (2/3rd) of the series. The tone difference between ep 1 and ep 2 can be offsetting and once again the forst few episodes are not gripping.
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
Aug 14, 2019 12:49 AM

Jan 2009
there is some gore on this though, ye not so gory but there is so i recommend something lighter like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood instead
Aug 14, 2019 11:46 PM
Mar 2019
Start him off with One Punch man then Mob Psycho 100 then Hunter x Hunter. Finally he's ready to watch.
Aug 21, 2019 12:50 AM
Aug 2019
Thanks guys! They've watched Death Note and loved it so I'll follow the usual path and leave KnY for later. :)
Aug 21, 2019 2:15 AM

Sep 2017
Ask them about their preferred genre or things they don't like (for example my friend said she hates romance, so ofcourse i didn't recommend "your name" to her) and then recommend a serious anime in that genre. Also recommend movies before seasons, seasonal anime might seem long but they probably don't mind watching a movie.
Another friend of mine said she likes complicated settings, so i suggested kara no kyoukai series; she said she has enjoyed the story a lot but she can't take anime seriously and therefore will not watch anime. But still, she enjoyed what she watched.
SalamakAug 21, 2019 2:23 AM
Aug 26, 2019 11:16 AM

Jul 2011
Prepare them for Episode 12 a month before... Zenitsu's shrieking made me wanna quit the series right away. This is far and away the series with the most annoying characters I've ever watched (Haven't watched Black Clover yet.. I hear Astra is an acquired taste as well). If he dislikes things like that, I feel like this would just scare him away. I'm annoyed every single time Zenitsu opens his mouth which happens A LOT.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.