Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 10, 2019 6:39 PM

Jul 2016
What's the best site to buy anime figurines that are cheap, but also have good quality and aren't bootlegs?
Jun 10, 2019 6:47 PM

Jun 2014
If you buy figures new, and not used, they're not going to be cheap. :P

Sometimes figure sites, such as 1999.co.jp, amiami and mandarake have sales, but it's still nowhere as cheap as buying a used figure on eBay.

You simply have to keep an eye out for bootlegs. There are plenty of authentic figures on eBay, but you may need to ask the seller, and see plenty of pictures of the figures you're interested in to make sure that they're authentic.

Jun 10, 2019 6:52 PM

Jun 2012
Seiya said:
If you buy figures new, and not used, they're not going to be cheap. :P

Sometimes figure sites, such as 1999.co.jp, amiami and mandarake have sales, but it's still nowhere as cheap as buying a used figure on eBay.

You simply have to keep an eye out for bootlegs. There are plenty of authentic figures on eBay, but you may need to ask the seller, and see plenty of pictures of the figures you're interested in to make sure that they're authentic.
+1

Unfortunately, properly supporting any one franchise or company in the purest form of buying it straight from a publisher/manufacturer is going cost a pretty penny. I have spent more than I'd like to admit buying manga volumes straight from Japan. Sad that I can't even read them.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jul 10, 2019 4:18 PM

Feb 2016
I use https://otakumode.com/
and https://www.goodsmile.info/en/
be wary of buying used products because more often than not, they are knock offs
I only new products because I don't trust sellers
They'll just claim ignorance and you can't do anything about it
Otakumode gives a lot of cash back so it's worth using their site IMO

Sorry for ugly background
Small collection but everything there is a decent price minus vegeta lego set
Shiro set is worth 300-400 dollars NEW now
My brother got it for me for 200-250 with like 100 dollars cash back to buy more figures lol
If I knew it would have gone up that much in price I should have bought the max
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jul 10, 2019 5:52 PM

Jul 2016
PantsuSenseiUwU said:
I use https://otakumode.com/
and https://www.goodsmile.info/en/
be wary of buying used products because more often than not, they are knock offs
I only new products because I don't trust sellers
They'll just claim ignorance and you can't do anything about it
Otakumode gives a lot of cash back so it's worth using their site IMO

Sorry for ugly background
Small collection but everything there is a decent price minus vegeta lego set
Shiro set is worth 300-400 dollars NEW now
My brother got it for me for 200-250 with like 100 dollars cash back to buy more figures lol
If I knew it would have gone up that much in price I should have bought the max

Thanks. Also, that's an impressive collection you have.
Jul 10, 2019 6:09 PM

Aug 2017
I use CDJapan and ebay, I've used the Crunchyroll store like, once, 'cause it tends to be more expensive
Jul 20, 2019 12:47 PM

Jul 2011
I use to buy my figures on Figuya or sometimes Ebay.

Jul 20, 2019 1:51 PM

Oct 2014
You'd have to buy pre-owned figures if you want cheaper. AmiAmi and Mandarake are pretty much the best options. SolarisJapan has a used selection as well, but their prices are usually higher. eBay is also good if you know what to look for. You just need to be careful because there are a ton of bootlegs there. If you're really on a budget, collecting prize figures is an option.

If you had new figures like scales or nendoroids in mind, they will be expensive. If you live in the US or Canada, Tokyo Otaku Mode is probably the best. They have membership dicounts, a great point system with sales and massive points back, and free shipping if you meet the threshold, which you should always do. The one drawback with TOM is that their prices are higher than anywhere else, so only buy from them when they have a sale or point promotion going on.
Jul 20, 2019 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
If you're in Europe, I highly recommend Hyper Toys.

They're probably the only specialized store in the whole of Portugal, but they definitely deliver.
The staff are a bunch of weebs, they probably know more anime than I do, to be honest. Wouldn't surprise me if they were on MAL, lol...

It's where I buy everything now. Of course I have the luxury of just going to the actual store...

PS: Also recommend the Banpresto EXQ line of figures, if you're short on cash.
Extremely cheap, but acceptable level of detail. They've fooled a few of my friends who collect the expensive stuff.
You can get them on most stores. Even huge chains.
Jul 20, 2019 2:50 PM

Dec 2012
I have 13 figures. Aside from the one that was a souvenir that I found on vacation in France, all of which either came with limited editions of DVDs I bought in the 2000s or bought from Amazon or Ebay.

https://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Kruszer/collection/
KruszerJul 20, 2019 3:07 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jul 21, 2019 9:50 AM

Jan 2018
Hey there, for anyone reading this and knows a bit about figures how does it feel or do you notice/realize the differences of bootlegs vs official figures? If not mistaken there's also this thing called grade to inform the quality of it.

More topics from this board

» Best black haired girl? ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - Jan 25

65 by MasterTasuke »»
2 minutes ago

» What popular anime seems to be forgotten ( 1 2 3 )

Kaneki_Bozo - Apr 9, 2021

111 by Jonas-K »»
5 minutes ago

» Is your waifu photogenic?

Catalano - Today

17 by Jonas-K »»
9 minutes ago

» How much time do you spend discussing anime?

RobertBobert - 47 minutes ago

4 by Otakupervert890 »»
35 minutes ago

» World Masterpiece Theater are hidden gems.

Zhenro - May 4

33 by Lucifrost »»
40 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.