Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2019 5:15 AM

Nov 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Ai-chans face when she didn't want to ask Conan for help.

Then Yuusaku and Yukiko who always come in clutch appeared again, they're easily among my favorite anime parents.

And baam, finally the boss-reveal, even tho we didn't get to see him yet.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 8, 2019 5:32 AM

Oct 2015
ayyy feels good to be first to do a thread eh XD
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Jun 8, 2019 5:47 AM

May 2018
Nice twist if people remember who this guy was...
The hint is that in Japan (if we believe the schedule) they repeated The Gathering of the Detectives arc in the previous weeks.

By the way some problems with Haibara's characterisation demonstrated here.
Like she is a scientist or least a very gifted chemist technician but Conan must explain to her some very basic physics. This has happened before (something with static electricity if I remember correctly) and feels uncharacteristic for her. Physics may not be Haibara's main field but every chemist would know that much.
Also I don't like that every time when she leads the investigation just before the end of it she gets nerfed just to make way for Conan to shine.

Jun 8, 2019 7:16 AM

Feb 2013
Well, the Carasuma part was interesting.
Jun 8, 2019 7:34 AM

Apr 2012
Karasuma Renva is finally revealed as the boss. A lot of people will probably know this but in case you don't know, Karasu means crow which couldn't be a better name for the boss,
Jun 8, 2019 9:58 AM

Mar 2018
Yay Ive been waiting for the reveal to happen since I read the chapter.

But still...

Me: I hope the Karasuma boss reveal is just as dramatic as it was in the manga!

Anime: Makes it super dramatic with gorgeous visuals and tense music

Me: YESSS IT'S AWESOME! YAY! THE WORTH WAS WAIT IT. I NEED TO SEE ALL OF THE OTHER GOOD CHAPTERS ADAPTED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY AWESOME SCENES--

Also Anime: ThE nExT tHrEe WeEkS/ePiSoDeS aRe AnImE oRiGiNaL ;3

Also Me:...............WHY (*cue internal sobbing*)
"Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your poker face."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style. But a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows our footsteps."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

Jun 8, 2019 1:50 PM
Mar 2017
Which chapter does this episode picked from manga
Jun 8, 2019 2:16 PM

Nov 2016
Vivekyaramala said:
Vivekyaramala said:

This episode adapted content till chapter 1008.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 8, 2019 4:59 PM
Feb 2017
Brooooooooooo
What an ep
Bourbon and ram's scene
The reveal of the boss
The hype
It was worth waiting months without reading the manga
Now i will restart it
Jun 9, 2019 1:28 AM
Jun 2019
The case in episode 942 was illogical. Maria chan was lost and they found her using clues from treasure hunt. Maria chan was just a little girl how did she solve the treasure hunt . If she had solved it then the books on the shelf should be arranged. The glass should be full of water. WHAT US THIS?? And haibara and kid did not remeber the water drinking bird. Are you kidding me.

Well the boss part was a revolution. Finally detective conan is moving on. We hope that this improvement carries on
Jun 9, 2019 6:00 AM

May 2018
Blindkiller64 said:
Maria chan was lost and they found her using clues from treasure hunt. Maria chan was just a little girl how did she solve the treasure hunt .

She would understand all those hints because they were made for her, practically in-jokes from her grandmother. Only an outsider would struggle with them.

Blindkiller64 said:
If she had solved it then the books on the shelf should be arranged.

Remember the earthquake? It also "resetted" the lampshade puzzle.

Blindkiller64 said:
The glass should be full of water.

Maria is supposed to be a well-mannered kid - she eventually dried up the glass and returned the toothbrush and the toothpaste...despite her grandma wouldn't need them any more...
It's a sad detail actually.

Blindkiller64 said:
And haibara and kid did not remeber the water drinking bird.

Kids nowadays are not very familiar with this toy and Haibara had a bit of a harsh childhood...but yeah it was forced.

Blindkiller64 said:
We hope that this improvement carries on

Only 6 arcs from the manga left to be adapted - one major event in them...but not properly explained and also some background information about different characters. For example information about the long lost brother of inspector Morofushi.
Jun 9, 2019 4:49 PM

Nov 2008
alshu said:
Nice twist if people remember who this guy was...
The hint is that in Japan (if we believe the schedule) they repeated The Gathering of the Detectives arc in the previous weeks.

By the way some problems with Haibara's characterisation demonstrated here.
Like she is a scientist or least a very gifted chemist technician but Conan must explain to her some very basic physics. This has happened before (something with static electricity if I remember correctly) and feels uncharacteristic for her. Physics may not be Haibara's main field but every chemist would know that much.
Also I don't like that every time when she leads the investigation just before the end of it she gets nerfed just to make way for Conan to shine.

I guess Haibara didn't take a chemical thermodynamics course, or she flunked it when she did... LOL
Jun 9, 2019 11:46 PM

May 2018
dbaranyi said:

I guess Haibara didn't take a chemical thermodynamics course, or she flunked it when she did... LOL

She is 17 but this is high school grade knowledge anyway. I would expect her to be better oriented in this material than Sonoko for example.
Jun 11, 2019 8:21 AM

Dec 2010
Yuusaku be like

"We're in the endgame now"

XD
Jun 11, 2019 7:46 PM
Nov 2018
إن شاء الله ما اتابع بعد اليوم اي شي له علافة بي حرق المحقق كونان
الأنمي صاير كيلو فلر وحبة مانجا
😢 ما يصير احرق على حالي ذي الحبة
خاصتا اليوتيوبرين الي يسغلو الحرق عشان المشاهدات
Jun 13, 2019 5:43 AM

Apr 2014
Yusaku Kudo is always epic. And now he reveals the biggest secret of a 1000 episode mystery series, he reveals the Boss of the Black Organization: Renya Karasuma!

»If I'm right, then you're making an enemy out of the most powerful man in the country. [...] This is the moment of truth, Shinichi...«
Jun 13, 2019 12:16 PM
May 2018
I'm in love with Yusaku Kudo, he is always in the right place at the right time !

The part about Carasuma is very interesting. He should have been dead for a long time ... that means that the APTX poison is a kind of "fountain of youth", and not a simple prototype of a banal organization. Very interesting !
Jun 15, 2019 1:17 PM

Jul 2008
So now we have a name.....after 942 episodes....we have a name.

Here's to another 942 before we learn something else.
Jun 24, 2019 3:44 AM
Aug 2011
can someone tell me the name of the ost that came with the boss name reveal ?
Jun 29, 2019 7:12 PM

Oct 2018
Kudo yusaku and yukiko finally join Conan to fight against black organizations. Epic combination with the FBI. hype for the upcoming war.
Jul 7, 2019 3:58 PM
Mar 2018
I had forgotten that Okita is a rainy day Shinichi. Good plan to use him, but it won't last for long.
Also, we finally know the name of the boss, things are hitting up!!!
Nov 22, 2019 8:13 AM

Dec 2008
rmade said:
can someone tell me the name of the ost that came with the boss name reveal ?

It's called "Dai Enjou/Great Conflagration" from the Movie 21 OST.
Oct 3, 2020 10:48 PM
Nov 2019
Detective Conan is the best. Can't wait for more plot development.
Feb 28, 2021 10:19 AM
May 2012
Now the only question is if that was always going to be the name of the boss or it was decided long after the name first appeared.
Feb 28, 2021 11:40 AM

May 2018
zaisha said:
Now the only question is if that was always going to be the name of the boss or it was decided long after the name first appeared.

I think that in the Hidden Bathroom Secret (ep. 340-341 ch. 423-425) case is mentioned that Haibara's parents were working for Karasuma Group at the end.

And Karasuma is mentioned as character for the first time in The Gathering of the Detectives (ep. 219 ch. 299-300 ) so maybe not very long after.

My guess is that since 123 chapters is very close, Karasuma being the boss was already decided at that point (The Gathering of the Detectives).
alshuFeb 28, 2021 11:54 AM
Apr 13, 2022 4:24 AM
Jun 2020
Oh I relly like the excuse hattori made to cover up for Shinichi. I forgot that Okita looked like Shinichi 😅
Jul 16, 2022 11:17 PM

Nov 2021
I can't believe it's happening! The OP dad is here, and about to give his assistance. You know crap bouta get real when the dad is going to help now. Yeah he helped last time, but it was assisting only, now he gonna come up with a plan with Conan!!!

Mar 2, 2:49 PM

Jan 2012
Yeah truly a momentous episode, with the boss of the Black Organization finally confirmed to be the supposedly long-deceased Renya Karasuma. Man, that post-credits scene was Conan at its best. The music during it sent shivers down my spine. Music like that is usually reserved for the movies, so no shock it came from one. We're still far away from the endgame as this episode somewhat implied, but for maybe the first time it seems like a legitimate destination.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 315 Discussion

IntroverTurtle - Nov 27, 2013

5 by KoniginElle »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 1089 Discussion

shuffle_017 - Jul 8, 2023

23 by aburame_ernesto »»
Yesterday, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1120 Discussion

hai_X_is - Apr 13

3 by Ranxomare »»
Apr 24, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 47 Discussion

Jawaese - Aug 23, 2010

11 by Vivid_7 »»
Apr 21, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 704 Discussion

Conan_Kudo - Aug 3, 2013

38 by Elyshion »»
Apr 20, 5:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.