Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 24, 2019 5:29 AM
Jul 2018
I went into the manga with quite low expectations, thinking that it was going to a horrible mess, through my impressions with the first episode of the anime. But I finished my initial reading at around chapter 145, and it got pretty good, here's my opinion why.

- While it isn't the greatest piece of fiction to ever grace my eyes, the art is quite impressive, on par or even greater than that of 'Horikoshi' (in the detail at least),
- The story has improves drastically, with each arc being greater than the last, a vast improvement from the beginning.
- The pacing is quite frantic, in a good way, each arc concludes at an average of 16 chapters and even when the arc is semi dedicated to character growth, the main plot is always progressing.
- Asta isn't as bad as the anime community made him out to be at the beginning, where he is overbearing and overpowered, but that doesn't mean he isn't vulnerable. There are many instances where he is incapacitated after a fight, while not as many as Deku when ' he tries to kill himself multiple times ' metaphorically, there is vulnerability still there.

While it is not a masterpiece, it is definitely better than what the hate bandwagon has said about it.
Still infinitely better than '3rd Ninja War Arc Naruto'...
May 24, 2019 7:22 AM

Oct 2015
>the art is quite impressive,
better than neverland art

>The story has improves drastically, with each arc being greater than the last, a vast improvement from the beginning.
dont agree, it was always decent from the beginning but sure it does get better

>The pacing is quite frantic, in a good way, each arc concludes at an average of 16 chapters and even when the arc is semi dedicated to character growth, the main plot is always progressing.
yes

>Asta isn't as bad as the anime community made him out to be at the beginning, where he is overbearing and overpowered, but that doesn't mean he isn't vulnerable. There are many instances where he is incapacitated after a fight, while not as many as Deku when ' he tries to kill himself multiple times ' metaphorically, there is vulnerability still there.

anime fans literally think everything is overpowered nowadays lul
and jerk off shows like reborn and re:zero for being expcetions

bc is underrated
at the very least,
its better than
bungou, reborn and yaiba
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
May 24, 2019 7:51 AM
Jul 2018
I think a 7.6 is a pretty good score for it.

-The art is amazing, probably one of the best in Shounen mangas.

-I don't really agree with the story drastically improving after every arc, I thought it was really mediocre up until the point where Zora was introduced (Chapter 112), that's where the story really picked up imo.

-The pacing's ok, sometimes I feel like it's rushed and sometimes it's dragged out, but nothing too bad.

-I think the reason the anime community thinks that Asta is such a bad character is because of the way the anime portrayed him, I actually watched the first episode as it aired and I thought he was the most annoying loudmouth ever, and that's coming from a guy who doesn't mind loudmouths like Naruto/Natsu. It's only when I started reading the manga on a whim that I realized he's not the annoying loudmouth the anime portrayed him to be, as for him being OP, I think it's more of the community being oblivious to the fact that Asta's only strength is his muscles and his Anti-Magic more so than him actually being OP, he can't fly, he can't set up explosive traps, and he can't alter fate, or whatever that bs ability was.
May 26, 2019 8:06 PM
Jan 2019
Kami_sama_ said:
I went into the manga with quite low expectations, thinking that it was going to a horrible mess, through my impressions with the first episode of the anime. But I finished my initial reading at around chapter 145, and it got pretty good, here's my opinion why.

- While it isn't the greatest piece of fiction to ever grace my eyes, the art is quite impressive, on par or even greater than that of 'Horikoshi' (in the detail at least),

Since you are still around chapter 145, I can only tell you the artwork improves further

- The story has improves drastically, with each arc being greater than the last, a vast improvement from the beginning.

Agreed

- The pacing is quite frantic, in a good way, each arc concludes at an average of 16 chapters and even when the arc is semi dedicated to character growth, the main plot is always progressing.

the next arc is even crazier, as the chapter is one huge long war
- Asta isn't as bad as the anime community made him out to be at the beginning, where he is overbearing and overpowered, but that doesn't mean he isn't vulnerable. There are many instances where he is incapacitated after a fight, while not as many as Deku when ' he tries to kill himself multiple times ' metaphorically, there is vulnerability still there.

He is an example of a balanced OP character, anti magic in the world of magic is OP, but he himself is human and can be hurt/killed. In Chapter 132 page 12, we can see there are scars on Asta's body

While it is not a masterpiece, it is definitely better than what the hate bandwagon has said about it.
Still infinitely better than '3rd Ninja War Arc Naruto'...

yeah it's better than many others
Gao_ShunMay 26, 2019 8:13 PM
May 31, 2019 12:08 AM
Oct 2016
Black Clover is very good. While average 7.6 is not bad but seeing a less better series MHA having 8.5+ makes me want Black Clover to reach at least 8 and it should.
May 31, 2019 2:26 AM

Mar 2015
people hate it just because it's not what they want.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 31, 2019 5:29 AM

Sep 2007
Kuma said:

Like so many things in MAL.
Look at Tate no Yuusha and others mangas.
Hopefully, for me, i don't care about the note.
I just like theses mangas.
May 31, 2019 5:34 AM

Mar 2015
ShiroiRyu said:
Kuma said:

Like so many things in MAL.
Look at Tate no Yuusha and others mangas.
Hopefully, for me, i don't care about the note.
I just like theses mangas.

u and me both m8. we have same idea.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Chapter 371 Discussion

ARK-13 - Yesterday

2 by IzanaSolos »»
Yesterday, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Chapter 370 Discussion

ARK-13 - Yesterday

4 by JAstaRoth »»
Yesterday, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Chapter 15 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29, 2015

19 by 9Sepia95 »»
Apr 14, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Chapter 14 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

17 by 9Sepia95 »»
Apr 13, 7:05 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Chapter 13 Discussion

Stark700 - May 17, 2015

17 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 9, 11:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.