Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 10, 2019 7:35 AM
Jul 2018
They're mostly Battle Shounen fanboys who complain about the slow pace which not all the time slow pace is poorly executed in fact Cowboy Bebop did slow pace right. They also think that anyone who watches Bebop is an "elitist slob" which not all the fans are that. They also complain about it being popular when many things in general are popular.
removed-userMay 10, 2019 7:39 AM
May 10, 2019 8:06 AM

Aug 2018
I'm someone who hates Cowboy Bebop with a passion of a thousand suns, and find the series to be both overpraised and overrated. Not for the reasons you listed, mind you, but the series is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination.

The flaws of Cowboy Bebop may be minor to you, but can be a big deal for someone else. I love the Monogatari Series, but I understand it's not something anyone can enjoy.

Honestly, I find it refreshing when I see people complain about Cowboy Bebop because it's a rare sight to see in my corner of the internet, and I always welcome a different perspective when it comes to consuming media entertainment.
May 10, 2019 8:08 AM

Feb 2013
Just get over it, man. People will always complain about things for valid and dumb reasons alike, the sooner you learn to ignore it the sooner you'll find happiness in life.
May 10, 2019 10:41 AM

Oct 2014
some people don't like episodic things or find them boring
May 11, 2019 2:53 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
It's one of the most boring series I've watched and I can't understand what's supposed to be good about it but don't worry I hate battle shounen aswell.
May 11, 2019 3:00 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I don't really think "pacing" is the problem. More that it is simply far too episodic in nature for many people, including me

Though of course there are always people out there who just hate on stuff for the sake of it but you're better off ignoring them
May 13, 2019 1:33 PM
Aug 2018
Honestly most of the criticisms of Bebop is with its episodic nature, and episodic shows usually aren’t too praised because of how boring it could be and make someone have more negative opinions than positive opinions about it. I would agree with people that bebop is an absolute drag in its first 4 episodes, but episode 5-episode 26 is the reason why bebop is praised so highly, it doesn’t matter if the execution is good or how well made it is, if it doesn’t pull them in they won’t like the show in general no matter if it picks up or not.

Just because it doesn’t pull you in doesn’t mean it’s a objectively bad show, that’s the problem with people who hate Cowboy bebop
May 13, 2019 4:00 PM

Dec 2017
The people who hate Cowboy Bebop either hate episodic anime or never actually watched it/only watched a bit of it. It's just one of those anime where you either love it or hate it. Personally I find it to be just amazing considering how cool it was in the fact that it was way before its time made in the late 1990s, cuz you gotta understand this kind of stuff was just epic in that time what with the space travel and things. The show isn't just about the episodes and space though. It is a lot more deep than that (such as psychological aspects) if you look past the format of the anime. Plus, everything is explained like a plot ending in the last 3 eps, if you watched it. But that's just my opinion.
โœž

ใ€Ž ๐“ฆ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ผ๐“ฎ, ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ'๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฏ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ ๐“ช๐“ฐ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ท, ๐“ซ๐“พ๐“ฝ ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ป๐“ธ๐”€ ๐“ช๐”€๐“ช๐”‚ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ'๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ท๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ ๐“ซ๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ด ใ€
May 18, 2019 8:37 AM

Jun 2011
I just don't like when some people get the roasting this anime. I'm not against them not liking it, though since it is my favorite anime, I do love to talk about it so even if somebody dislikes it for whatever reason, I always like to step in and give my perspective on why the things they don't like about it is there.

But if they get the roasting and start shitting on this anime, that's when I have a problem. Like I saw this one user here who was roasting it because the main character was too stoic and underdeveloped for him or something. I don't have a problem with stoic characters, I understand somebody would want more expressive characters but not everyone is comfortable with expressing emotions like sadness, anger, joy with people, Spike is not an open character but I wouldn't call him robotic, he's very easy-going and he tends to hide sadness but he still feels like a real character with real human emotions. I'm not the type of person to express sadness around people so I can relate to him. And even though Spike could've had a little more to his past, I think he's a fairly well-developed and complex character.

It hurts me to see people ragging on this anime like that one user did. I roast things and say things that don't make sense too but at least understand the show is not for you if you don't like episodic, slow-paced anime. Episodic anime do exist and there's nothing wrong with that so if you don't like them, that's you, not the show.

I don't like slice of life anime because they don't have a plot and nothing happens in them but that's my opinion. Slice of life anime can be good if they have a story or more action to each episode.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
May 18, 2019 8:58 AM
Mar 2011
its very overrated overall like a lot of modern anime are eappst anime made by the same director of this show and the fact that people ciam it was stonking success when it was not it was mild at bets hence why Sunrise/Namci/Bandai nevermade in in to true franchise on the level of Gundam or precure et el
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"๏ปฟ

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 18, 2019 9:03 AM

Jan 2016
It’s an okay series, but I don’t care for Shinichirล Watanabe as a directorใƒผalso, it must not have that big of a hate following if the average from 424,511 users it is rated an 8.82.
EggheadLunaMay 18, 2019 9:18 AM
โ–พ Check Out My Original Series โ–พ

โ–พ Check Out My Blog โ–พ
May 18, 2019 9:09 AM

Jan 2013
DateYutaka said:
its very overrated overall like a lot of modern anime are eappst anime made by the same director of this show and the fact that people ciam it was stonking success when it was not it was mild at bets hence why Sunrise/Namci/Bandai nevermade in in to true franchise on the level of Gundam or precure et el
Please respond to my message, I need an answer lol.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 18, 2019 4:38 PM

May 2012
DateYutaka said:

"Overrated" -g-

Anyway, it speaks in Bebop's favor that no one is willing to milk the series and start a sort of continuation/spin-off. It has concluded in a satisfactory manner and went literally out with a Bang! What else could you ask for? ;)
My Rereads | My Favorite Mangaka | Soylent Green

Buy stuff, or buy at least your favorites if you can afford it - Don't be lame.

D W-W&N ๐Ÿค

MAL is a far cry from being my main literature site, that's why I won't be doing mere single chapter updates anymore. Manga- aka Baka-Updates + 2 French ones are miles better and more thorough/complete + less restricting. The latter are perfectly suited for Manga/Light Novel/Books collectors such as myself. Less stressful/tiring this way. -g-
May 18, 2019 4:57 PM

Feb 2011
I've dropped Cowboy Bebop halfway through for the same reason I didn't like Trigun. The general vibe of both shows and their main characters appeared to be heavily inspired by City Hunter but seemed to be unexciting in comparison to it.
May 18, 2019 5:04 PM

Dec 2013
I've tried to get into it three times and I have a friend who has had me sit down with him and watch two hand picked episodes that he loved to try to convince me that it's a good show.

I'm just not seeing it, I've made as honest an attempt to try and like the show as I possibly could but I still dislike it and it would be unfair to say based on my anime list that I'm only a shounen battle series fan.

It just doesn't appeal to some people. What I find more frustrating are the people who have extreme fervor for the show. In my experience the only show out there with more zealous fanboys than Cowboy Bebop is One Piece.
May 18, 2019 5:10 PM

Aug 2016
I thought it was good not great.

I agree, Bebop fans aren't "elitist slobs". If one were looking for one of those it would be an Ergo Proxy fan.
JFujiMay 18, 2019 5:13 PM
May 18, 2019 6:15 PM
Mar 2011
crescensXG said:
DateYutaka said:

"Overrated" -g-

Anyway, it speaks in Bebop's favor that no one is willing to milk the series and start a sort of continuation/spin-off. It has concluded in a satisfactory manner and went literally out with a Bang! What else could you ask for? ;)

its not willing it ability to look how vast the gumdam UC is and look look who had control of it Bandai the same Bandai who Tomino made victory Gundam as an attack on the same bandai who then did the victory gundam movies

there also passing up making a multimedia franchise like Gundam and Geass are Bandai and video game and Toy company first and foremost

they do not care thay only care about profit the fact they only saw that small abilty to pop the number from bebop shows you something

Look at it from a cold hard profit motive side if thye saw the abiltyot make more money they would have done so

its not about milking it was od gumdam and starwars make most fo there profit year on year in not movies et el its the merch

even alot of anime that dont really sell well in the BR market make there money back via meach sales but the reaosn thye od not get moden seas on is low home media sales not profit loss margin

but over all bebop did nopt really get good over all here if it was a muisc cd total sales og bebop in japan would not even be gold im talking in its orgoal run rereleases do not count

Gold is 770k here or was back in the 1990s

"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"๏ปฟ

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 18, 2019 8:20 PM

May 2012
All fine.

I was merely suggesting that a sequel or a spin-off series is pointless and would turn out pretty poor as Bebop concluded satisfactorily with no important questions unanswered. Also always a plus when its fanbase doesn't keep making stupid assumptions about the final instead of letting it go, like we know from Geass for example.
My Rereads | My Favorite Mangaka | Soylent Green

Buy stuff, or buy at least your favorites if you can afford it - Don't be lame.

D W-W&N ๐Ÿค

MAL is a far cry from being my main literature site, that's why I won't be doing mere single chapter updates anymore. Manga- aka Baka-Updates + 2 French ones are miles better and more thorough/complete + less restricting. The latter are perfectly suited for Manga/Light Novel/Books collectors such as myself. Less stressful/tiring this way. -g-
May 22, 2019 2:26 AM
Aug 2015
Cowboy bebop is so much more about life and philosophy in general I feel, this is probably my favorite part of the series I feel is often overlooked when people complain about the story. Granted, it was one of my first shows so the nostalgia level is real. XD
May 22, 2019 2:40 AM

Feb 2019
that's the fate of every popular Anime, An anime that is praised by people will always attract a Negative crowd that will hate the show because they wanna stand out among the crowd

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

May 23, 2019 12:30 PM
Jan 2018
Find it funny how reivews complain about it being cliche when it was made in the 90s when it was most likely not cliche
Aug 20, 2019 9:55 PM
Jul 2018
Why are some of the forums AGAINST the series LOCKED? Where's peoples' right to free speech???

Don't get me wrong, I love this series. I don't get the hatedom either. If you think this is a bad series, then you're ignorant. M'kay, and even if you ARE entitled to an opinion, realize that fighting against the mainstream crowd -- or a critically acclaimed anime -- is one of your biggest mistakes. NOT to mention, if you're one of the few people who don't like a series, you have to realize that the series did nothing wrong and it's actually your TASTE that's in the wrong -- your PREFERENCE that's in the wrong. You can tell because a vast majority like it... so in summary, if you're the odd one out, then there's something wrong with you... but if the anime's the odd one out (and it has a notoriety) then of course the anime's in the wrong. End of story.

Okay... so I got a bit off topic. My point is. Even if you DO wanna rag on the anime, you should be allowed to do so. Diversity is a great thing. It's what creates passionate debates and what fuels the emotions behind our personalities.

So I think it's dumb and sorta strange (I don't know what the reason is) that three Cowboy Bebop forums (all titled with negative things, and express dismay towards the series) that they're locked and can't be added to...

What's the reason for that?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Metty - May 14, 2008

624 by savvyOW »»
Yesterday, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FighterZ - May 2, 2008

133 by ItachiSanStatus »»
Apr 29, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KillthisAccount - Jul 23, 2009

132 by RioFS »»
Apr 26, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FighterZ - May 14, 2008

183 by FunniMonkey69 »»
Apr 25, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KillthisAccount - Jul 23, 2009

116 by RioFS »»
Apr 25, 5:00 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.