Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 2, 2019 1:57 PM
Jan 2019
I have watched the first four episodes and just think it is completely awful. Im confused why people are rating it so highly AITA. The plot is just dull in its entirety, the story and characters are completely cliche, the villain is one dimensional (at least of what ive seen). The artstyle and animation is mediocre and the main character seems to have no personality other than his gimmick of having no common sense and being overpowered, and it has the feel of turning into a harem anime.
Please let me know your opinion
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 2, 2019 2:08 PM

May 2016
it's definitely a brain dead show without a single shred of originality but I'm at the point where I'm kinda enjoying just how dumb it is.

May 2, 2019 2:20 PM
Apr 2015
I would be very surprised if you were the only person in the world that's seen this show and disliked it.
May 2, 2019 4:29 PM
Aug 2018
Obviously no, but the show's definitely has an overrated score. I expect by shows end it will be between 6.8-7
May 2, 2019 9:30 PM
Mar 2019
yeah, you are the only one
May 2, 2019 9:34 PM
Jan 2015
Well someone lives under a rock. Seriously go into any discussion thread and you'll find the answer yourself. "Am I the only one" threads are some of the most pointless and idiotic threads on the site. Also a 7.54 is not even that high of a score. Personally i think its pretty enjoyable, even if its nothing special.
-MahesvaraMay 2, 2019 9:39 PM
My Queens

May 2, 2019 9:38 PM

Mar 2012
According to MAL you are just one among 1600 people that think this is awful.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 3, 2019 1:54 AM

Apr 2017
yes, you are! go watch another anime, clearly you don't care for Isekai.
May 3, 2019 5:16 AM
Dec 2014
Vestry said:
I have watched the first four episodes and just think it is completely awful.

Than why are you watching show that you dislike? :thinking:
And also what did you expect from another isekai anime? Every anime from this genre will be same, there is nothing new they can add. Its similar situation to magic school anime where we had 2/3 shows every season and every show was average if not awful. Also ppl like this kind of shows because its maybe (?) similar to games they are playing? Just my thoughts.
May 3, 2019 8:29 AM

Apr 2019
I think the show is decent but not great.
May 3, 2019 12:17 PM
Aug 2018
Not trying sound mean but obviously your not the only one every anime has haters especially isekai anime and as my opinion on this show, I like it but it’s nothing special and the harem part isn’t true because obviously Sicily is the only girl that Shin likes
May 3, 2019 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
Nope bro you are not the only One This show is hot garbage the first episode was good but after that it became even more generic and boring,the isekai genre is getting boring, everything is the same and add nothing new
May 4, 2019 12:03 PM

Jul 2010
It's so bad it's good.
May 4, 2019 1:03 PM

Dec 2007
Vestry said:
DooMWhite said:

So you just wanted to bait?

Not bait as I had never seen anything bad said about it, I genuinely wanted to know if I was the only one

The first episode discussion topic has negative comments on its first page...
May 4, 2019 2:01 PM

Jul 2016
This is a bait because there is no way you didn't see the negative comments.
Anyway, it still surprises me that so many talk like if it was a good show. I used to read it but had to stop because it's monthly, and after reading a bunch of isekai more I felt this one was among the most cliche and poorly written of them, not like I hated it tho, I enjoy trash too.

Wonder how people would react when an actual good isekai comes, like Mushoku Tensei and Bakarina (anime already announced for both).
May 4, 2019 6:20 PM

Jun 2013
The show has its ups and downs. Its predictable and recycled cliches can be enjoyable and as one person mentioned, I find enjoyment in its overall stupidity. The concept of it being isekai in the first place is nothing original but then again, almost nothing is completely original nowadays.

It's definitely better than let's say, Fairy Gone, which I had higher expectations for but turned out to be as snoozefest. It's one of those shows that it's so bad that it's actually good and I'm referring to Kenja no Mago btw.

臭い-
May 5, 2019 2:33 AM
Apr 2019
This is easily a top 5 isekai, idk what you are talking about.
May 5, 2019 4:12 AM

Aug 2014
The manga is way better IMO, I think it´s just fun to se it animated. It´s something about it give me the fealing like zero no tsukima.
May 5, 2019 6:17 AM

May 2016
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Ponds667 said:
it's definitely a brain dead show without a single shred of originality but I'm at the point where I'm kinda enjoying just how dumb it is.

I believe it has a lot of original aspects. For once we don't hide around the bush
Also the death of kurt was something unexpected in episode 3. Characters usually don't die so fast especially in this genre (not villains atleast)

I'll agree with that, usually the hero tries to save them or something. Though I do think isekai shows have no problem eliminating that archetype of misogynist villains and Kurt sorta fills that role.

May 5, 2019 6:23 AM

May 2016
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Ponds667 said:

I'll agree with that, usually the hero tries to save them or something. Though I do think isekai shows have no problem eliminating that archetype of misogynist villains and Kurt sorta fills that role.

Still i really think this show has a lot of original things. And has a good animation too
Really enjoying it tbf

Personally, I don't think the show is terribly original but I do appreciate the humor and occasional reference to some of the cliches it makes. The animation I saw in a PV was actually why I started the show, I wasn't expecting it to look that good. I still think the show is a bit dumb but I mean that in a good way, it's a watch I can relax to and enjoy without being invested

May 5, 2019 8:08 AM

Jul 2008
This show feels so lazy. It's meant for 10 year olds. Drawing is ok. Animation is nice. Everything else makes me wanna throw up
May 5, 2019 5:57 PM
Jan 2019
perrcel said:
Vestry said:
I have watched the first four episodes and just think it is completely awful.

And also what did you expect from another isekai anime? Every anime from this genre will be same, there is nothing new they can add.

Or you can look at shield hero, which apparently yeet's the physics of isekai's protagonist harem magnet and send's him to the fucking ground so... At the and of the day not all are the same so it's just as our (or atleast mine) Otaku God Gigguk said
"Isekai never dies,
It just reincarnates into an another show"
TotalyNotAPersonMay 5, 2019 6:00 PM
May 5, 2019 6:05 PM

Dec 2016
Yes OP out of the 7 billion living people on Earth you are the only one. What a feat!
May 6, 2019 6:36 PM

Oct 2017
Yes, this shit show is a dumpster fire. Only ones who like this crap are obviously braindead weeboes. I for one enjoy a good isekai but this is just garbage like basically everything this season. Atleast summer looks promising
zeus-faberMay 6, 2019 6:42 PM
May 6, 2019 9:58 PM

Jul 2016
TotalyNotAPerson said:
perrcel said:

And also what did you expect from another isekai anime? Every anime from this genre will be same, there is nothing new they can add.

Or you can look at shield hero, which apparently yeet's the physics of isekai's protagonist harem magnet and send's him to the fucking ground so... At the and of the day not all are the same so it's just as our (or atleast mine) Otaku God Gigguk said
"Isekai never dies,
It just reincarnates into an another show"

"which apparently yeet's the physics of isekai's protagonist harem magnet and send's him to the fucking ground"

Oh boy, you are in for a ride.
Apparently you were one of those guys baited by that, it's the exact same trap as Arifureta.
DooMWhiteMay 6, 2019 10:05 PM

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

May 6, 2019 10:07 PM

Feb 2019
Vestry said:
it has the feel of turning into a harem anime.

it won't turn into a harem anime

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

May 6, 2019 10:45 PM
Jan 2019
Luna_Estlin said:
Vestry said:
it has the feel of turning into a harem anime.

It already is a harem anime
May 6, 2019 10:58 PM

Feb 2019
TotalyNotAPerson said:
Luna_Estlin said:

how? besides Sicily there is no girl remotely interested in shin & in the Manga

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

May 7, 2019 8:20 AM

Mar 2018
Fairy Gone >> Kenja no Mago
May 7, 2019 9:23 AM

Jul 2016
Luna_Estlin said:
TotalyNotAPerson said:

This guy is calling Kenja no Mago a harem and Tate not, let's just ignore this troll.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

May 7, 2019 9:03 PM

Jan 2017
I am only familiar with manga which felt utter trash to me. The only redeeming part is that
I would still recommend this show to others though.
May 7, 2019 11:07 PM

May 2016
This show is trash but It's hot trash I can't stop watching it
May 7, 2019 11:09 PM
Oct 2018
all those people complaining after every episode in the discussion forum
"I hate Kenja no mago so much that I force myself to watch and then complain that I hate it so much"

May 8, 2019 9:32 AM
Jan 2018
DooMWhite said:
Luna_Estlin said:

This guy is calling Kenja no Mago a harem and Tate not, let's just ignore this troll.

Op must be one of those people that think blushing when the MC says something nice to them = instant affection when in fact only one girl actually loves him
May 8, 2019 9:36 AM
Jan 2018
TotalyNotAPerson said:
Luna_Estlin said:

TotalyNotAPerson said:
Luna_Estlin said:

Don't see how when there only one girl that shows interest in him
May 8, 2019 9:56 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Thread locked

Overrated/underrated threads don't encourage discussion and we already have thread to discuss that: Most Overrated/Underrated Anime Discussion Thread v.5
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

279 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 22, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

107 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 17, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2019

129 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 17, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2019

77 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 14, 7:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.