Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 20, 2019 11:41 PM
Sep 2018
For me, I started watching anime as a kid coming home from elementary school to catch Gundam Wing, DBZ, and Yu yu Hakusho.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 20, 2019 11:51 PM

Jul 2017
My friend kept begging me to watch either JoJo or Hunter x Hunter. So I decided to give Attack on Titan on try. (yes you read that right)

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Apr 20, 2019 11:58 PM

Oct 2018
I thought my roommate was a nerdy ass weeb until I watched attack on titan. A year later I'm almost at 60 days on mal.
Apr 20, 2019 11:59 PM
Sep 2018
Fakegoose said:
My friend kept begging me to watch either JoJo or Hunter x Hunter. So I decided to give Attack on Titan on try. (yes you read that right)

Did you ever go back and watch JoJo or Hunter x Hunter after watching Attack on Titan?
Apr 21, 2019 12:04 AM
Sep 2018
jknightkt22 said:
I thought my roommate was a nerdy ass weeb until I watched attack on titan. A year later I'm almost at 60 days on mal.

Nice dude! What animes have become your favorite since starting?
Apr 21, 2019 12:10 AM
Jan 2012
I'm typical, I watch anime because I grew up on it. I watched Dragonball, Pokemon, Digimon, Yugioh, and other shows like it when I was a kid, not knowing it was a separate medium. I became aware of what it was in high school, and that's when I actively started watching it knowing what the medium was, starting with the original FMA, and Death Note
Apr 21, 2019 12:12 AM

Oct 2018
GroovySensei said:
jknightkt22 said:

As of now, FLCL and this niche show ACCA: 13 are by far my favorites based on the story, but for comedy it would be "Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou." the comedy in that show was next level because of how relatable it was.
Apr 21, 2019 12:19 AM
Sep 2018
jknightkt22 said:
GroovySensei said:

As of now, FLCL and this niche show ACCA: 13 are by far my favorites based on the story, but for comedy it would be "Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou." the comedy in that show was next level because of how relatable it was.

I'm going to have to check those out. I've been meaning to watch FLCL for a while now but it always gets put on the back burner for me.
Apr 21, 2019 12:20 AM
Mar 2019
Technically, I have seen anime since I was a kid, but I only watched the ones that aired on TV. It was until middle school when I really got into anime, the reason being that a bunch of my friends constantly talked about it, and I had no idea what they were saying, so I tried watching a few series and before I knew it, I’d become an otaku.
Apr 21, 2019 12:21 AM

Nov 2018
I watched Death Note and than Claymore before travelling to Japan, and since then I became addicted.
Apr 21, 2019 12:23 AM
Sep 2018
OnionKnightRises said:
I'm typical, I watch anime because I grew up on it. I watched Dragonball, Pokemon, Digimon, Yugioh, and other shows like it when I was a kid, not knowing it was a separate medium. I became aware of what it was in high school, and that's when I actively started watching it knowing what the medium was, starting with the original FMA, and Death Note

I think if it weren't for Toonami and Adult Swim, I would've completely missed seeing a bunch of anime. I used to get the shonen jump's every month as a kid, I didn't realize it was seprate medium either until I started seeing Death Note aired on Adult Swim after reading the manga years prior.
Apr 21, 2019 12:29 AM

Jul 2016
I shit you not, it was at the end of 2008, when Soul Eater was at its highest peak in popularity.

I was watching random videos on YouTube and I stumbled upon Soul Eater's opening. I loved it so much, but I initially thought it was a fanmade animation (it was in the recommended videos of some Newgrounds animation). After a couple of weeks of constantly rewatching it YouTube finally started recommending me stuff like Soul Eater AMVs and episode clips.

At that moment I found out that Soul Eater was actually a cartoon. I watched it all, I loved it, and I found out about Japanese animation as a whole.
Your favorite anime is cringe. My favorite anime is a masterpiece.

Apr 21, 2019 12:33 AM

Jul 2017
GroovySensei said:
Fakegoose said:

Did you ever go back and watch JoJo or Hunter x Hunter after watching Attack on Titan?

Yeah, I watched Hunter x Hunter later and loved it, unfortunately I only watched the first season of JoJo, I just couldn't get into it.

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Apr 21, 2019 12:36 AM
Sep 2018
Fakegoose said:
GroovySensei said:

Yeah, I watched Hunter x Hunter later and loved it, unfortunately I only watched the first season of JoJo, I just couldn't get into it.

Jojo was so overhyped for me. When I finally sat down to watch it, it just didn't appeal to me. But the same person suggested Baki and I love it.
Apr 21, 2019 1:00 AM
Jul 2018
anime got me into anime⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Apr 21, 2019 1:20 AM

Mar 2019
I started watching ANIME as kid,I begin watch naruto,BLEACH and over anime,today I watching FMA and DRAGON BALL gt
Apr 21, 2019 1:20 AM

Feb 2017
When I was a little kid, one of my first anime series was Sailor Moon. I don't know exactly why I used to like it, but it was awesome for me. Later I discovered Cardcaptor Sakura and I was amazed by that. Just like with Rurouni Kenshin, Gundam Wing Zero, Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball, Sakura Wars, Pokemon, Digimon, and so... I don't know exactly or how to explain it well. Definitely, I loved cartoons like Cow and Chicken, Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Invader Zim, etc. Maybe it was the artworks, the way it was drawn, maybe it was a more "complex" way for storytelling, idk. But, for me, anime is one of the best animation style ever.
We are EVERYWHERE...
Apr 21, 2019 1:22 AM

Jul 2016
Two friends I made at the beginning of high school who were really, super into Naruto, and I wanted to fit in more with them. All my first anime recommendations came from those two. It's sad that I'm not in contact with them anymore
Apr 21, 2019 1:22 AM

Jun 2016
I used to casually watch anime on TV when it was on. I got serious when I started running out of good live action movies to watch.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 21, 2019 1:41 AM
Nov 2017
In September of 2016 I played League of Legends a lot and that led me to Nightblue. In that time he was mentioning something about Rem, Re Zero and I didn't know what is this. So as human that pursues knowledge I typed Re Zero in Google and I ended up not sleeping. Unfortunatelly, two last havent been aired yet, and I was heart felt real pain when i needed to wait for next episodes. After Re Zero I was looking for anime similar to it so I watched Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan and... High School Dxd. That's how I started to be called an extreme weeb in my school even tho I got best grades in class and I am the most handsome guy in school lol.
Apr 21, 2019 1:43 AM

Dec 2017
I have watched fujiko fujio shows and pokemon for all my childhood. I knew it was japanese animation so I searched it one day and some shows came up as result. I decided to watch school rumble and I liked it. After that I watched Ouran high school host club and finally fairy tail which got me into anime.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Apr 21, 2019 4:17 AM
Aug 2018
Its embarrassing, but it was actually...SAO(yeah i know it sucks) even though my first anime was actually naruto, but SAO actually became the very gateway for me to start watching anime, not saying it's my fav. though.
Apr 21, 2019 4:21 AM
Apr 2019
GroovySensei said:
For me, I started watching anime as a kid coming home from elementary school to catch Gundam Wing, DBZ, and Yu yu Hakusho.

Same goes for me. Digimon, Inuyasha were quit popular here
Apr 21, 2019 4:23 AM
Sep 2018
Gene-kun said:
Its embarrassing, but it was actually...SAO(yeah i know it sucks) even though my first anime was actually naruto, but SAO actually became the very gateway for me to start watching anime, not saying it's my fav. though.

I mean it got you into anime. As long as you enjoyed it, thats all that matters. If you enjoyed those two you might like The rise of the Shield Hero.
Apr 21, 2019 4:24 AM
Sep 2018
ffangs said:
GroovySensei said:

Oh man, I still love Inuyasha! I used to think that was the darkest shit I'd ever seen lol.
Apr 21, 2019 4:27 AM
Apr 2019
GroovySensei said:
ffangs said:

Oh man, I still love Inuyasha! I used to think that was the darkest shit I'd ever seen lol.

Yea right ?! You can rewatch it like all the time,
It doesn‘t get boring at all
Apr 21, 2019 4:33 AM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
For me? Well, I was already a pretty huge pokemon fan from a very young age (like 4 or 5), so I used to watch all the pokemon episodes dub and stuff. Now, if we're talking non-commercial anime, then it had to be the mangas I started reading in high school, really.
Apr 21, 2019 4:41 AM

Sep 2015
Dragon Ball Z and Saint Seiya after school. It was the year 1996.
Apr 21, 2019 4:50 AM
Feb 2017
I would say my brother got me into it, though it took a while to watch other shows. I remember watching Cowboy Bebop and Evangelion when I was young. There was DBZ, Yu-gi-oh and Pokemon, but those first two properly cemented me into anime.
Apr 21, 2019 4:51 AM

Apr 2018
My sisters are a fan of the Love Live series and one of them plays SIF a lot. I remember one day, said sister made an account for me on the game, however I never played it that much so I gave her that account (I recently made a new account and got back into the game though).

A few years later in early 2017 (mid-March I'm pretty sure) I thought to myself, "Y'know, I should really watch Love Live." So I ended up watching it, and I loved it so much that I started looking for more anime to watch.

So yeah, it's basically become one of my hobbies now.
Apr 21, 2019 4:55 AM

Jul 2017
Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh. But only after more than 10 years i've started to watch other kinds of anime.
Apr 21, 2019 5:12 AM
Jul 2018
outside of being a kid when i didnt really know/understand what anime was, a guy that i used to play WoW with introduced me to a few shows and the rest is history

those were good times
Apr 21, 2019 5:27 AM
Sep 2018
xMx16 said:
outside of being a kid when i didnt really know/understand what anime was, a guy that i used to play WoW with introduced me to a few shows and the rest is history those were good times

What are you watching now? You still playing WoW?
Apr 21, 2019 5:36 AM

Aug 2017
I've got into anime thanks to myself and my curiousity
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2019 5:54 AM
Jan 2016
jknightkt22 said:
How the fuck did you have the time to watch all that shit in a year? That's like half of what I watched in my life.
Apr 21, 2019 5:57 AM
Super Saiyan

May 2017
As a kid, age 6 or 7, I forget. I woke up early, but there was no point in going back to sleep. I went a turned the TV on, there was an episode of Dragon Ball Z, one of the filler episodes where he was running snake way. After one episode I was hooked, I'd get up early every morning that day onward to see the next episode. Through Dragon Ball, I branched out to different shows and here we are.
Apr 21, 2019 6:22 AM

Apr 2017
Same as you, growing up watching pokemon, beyblade and yugioh, even getting teased at my older brothers for watching yugioh was worth it
Apr 21, 2019 6:25 AM

Apr 2017
I liked certain anime movies storytelling, and I gradually looked for more stuff to watch.
Apr 21, 2019 6:26 AM

Feb 2019
For me it was pokemon when I was really young, my father would even record the episodes on vhs tapes so I could watch it.
Apr 21, 2019 6:35 AM
Jan 2019
I watched death note without sub with my cousin and i was 5 years old that time. It looks interesting since i like to play police and thief so why not
Apr 21, 2019 6:46 AM
Dec 2017
I definitely watched pokemon and yugioh as a kid but what really started my anime watching habit was an adult swim marathon of bleach that I watched one night. Fell asleep around ep. 8 and that was when my friend introduced me to youtube, ya know back when anything could still be posted.
Apr 21, 2019 6:49 AM
Apr 2019
My dad and i watched Akira and i thought it was the coolest thing ever (tho my dad didn't enjoy it as much as i did). After watching a few other films i bought the first volume of death note and then ended up buying the whole thing and watching the full anime and from there i slowly became more and more obsessed
Apr 21, 2019 7:02 AM
Nov 2013
I watched sailor moon as a kid, but I didn't know it was anime. Fast forward to 2012-ish and my older siblings tell me to watch ouran highschool host club, and then I just watched whatever anyone reccomended. I miss being able to marathon and complete an anime in a few days, also both of my siblings grew up on anime, constantly watching it infront of me too, I honestly have no idea how I just didn't know what it was/ saw any on my own until then.
Apr 21, 2019 7:12 AM
Mar 2018
I started watching anime as a kid it was the coolest form of animation I had seen at the time. My gateway anime was bleach used to stay up all night to watch it and thus the love for anime begun.
Apr 21, 2019 7:15 AM
Mar 2018
Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood expand my anime horizons.
Apr 21, 2019 7:16 AM
Jul 2018
My brother used to be a weeb so it infected and I infected my sisters so now we're weeb siblings
Apr 21, 2019 7:29 AM

Mar 2018
probably amv's, some have pretty gnarly music in the background so got me interested
Apr 21, 2019 7:37 AM
Jul 2018
GroovySensei said:
xMx16 said:
outside of being a kid when i didnt really know/understand what anime was, a guy that i used to play WoW with introduced me to a few shows and the rest is history those were good times

What are you watching now? You still playing WoW?

at the moment im finishing up hunter x hunter 2011. I havent played WoW in a couple years or so and honestly dont see myself playing it again at any point
Apr 21, 2019 7:41 AM

Mar 2015
Watched Pokemon on tv back when I was playing a lot of Pokemon Yellow on the original Gameboy. A few years later started watching Naruto, after that I just started finding anime along the way.
Apr 21, 2019 7:45 AM
Jul 2018
Fakegoose said:

Wow that must've annoyed your friend xD
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 2 hours ago

16 by Lucifrost »»
40 seconds ago

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 48 minutes ago

1 by MasterTasuke »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 5 hours ago

14 by Lucifrost »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - Yesterday

42 by Doutei-kun »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime adaptation wish list

kuroneko99 - Apr 5

30 by 707supremacist »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.