Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 20, 2019 1:59 AM

Mar 2017
so i just started watching this but this is weird af, cant get myself to watch the anime with a pedofile 10 years older having feeling on a teenager girl, and no age is not just a number
Oct 10, 2019 5:42 AM

Oct 2019
Cambeezee said:
so i just started watching this but this is weird af, cant get myself to watch the anime with a pedofile 10 years older having feeling on a teenager girl, and no age is not just a number

Go tell that to Macron, or how the hell you write it.
Oct 10, 2019 6:19 AM

Jun 2014
I wouldn't watch this Anime either, because it's absolutely disgusting.

I can't imagine how anyone could enjoy this.

Oct 12, 2019 9:17 PM

Feb 2017
Wait, what are the ages of the MCs?

Oct 12, 2019 9:26 PM

Dec 2018
foscor70 said:

According to the character bios the mc’s are 15 and 27...yikes.
Oct 26, 2019 10:05 PM

Jun 2019
foscor70 said:

When the series begins Nanoka's 15 and Koshiro is 27 and it spans roughly a year from one spring season to the next, so when it ends she's 16 and he's 28.

Oct 27, 2019 2:55 PM
May 2016
Cambeezee said:

It is only considered pedophilia when it is under 14 years old and Koushirou is not pedophile.
Oct 27, 2019 2:56 PM
May 2016
Seiya said:
I wouldn't watch this Anime either, because it's absolutely disgusting.

I can't imagine how anyone could enjoy this.

I liked this anime.
Oct 29, 2019 6:35 AM

Dec 2018
amarcioz said:
Cambeezee said:

It is only considered pedophilia when it is under 14 years old and Koushirou is not pedophile.

I feel like you’re getting the age of consent and child molestation mixed up. Using Japan as an example yes 14 is the age of consent, however the age of consent is where people the same age (or few years difference) can have sex. Take Australia, the age of consent is 16, however if a 21 year old is banging a 16 year old it’s still considered rape here. I’m not a legal expert but this is what I got from a few websites and background knowledge due to having a lawyer for a parent. Yes this may be different for where you live but generally for most places a young teen having sex with a 28 year old is illegal.
Oct 31, 2019 6:21 PM

Jun 2019
Monochrosanity said:
amarcioz said:

I feel like you’re getting the age of consent and child molestation mixed up. Using Japan as an example yes 14 is the age of consent, however the age of consent is where people the same age (or few years difference) can have sex. Take Australia, the age of consent is 16, however if a 21 year old is banging a 16 year old it’s still considered rape here. I’m not a legal expert but this is what I got from a few websites and background knowledge due to having a lawyer for a parent. Yes this may be different for where you live but generally for most places a young teen having sex with a 28 year old is illegal.

It's a common misunderstanding that the age of consent in Japan is 14 when the younger ages, whether 13, 14, 15, whatever, are at the prefectural level and not the national level. And even those usually require some degree of familial involvement or consent - it's more a way to make it legal for perhaps pre-arranged unions and people who already know each other.

Age of consent and statutory rape are entirely distinct from pedophilia though. Pedophilia doesn't mean what most people erroneously seem to think it means. I realize language changes and evolves and the misuses of words sometimes supplant the original actual definition, but as of now pedophilia is literally only attraction to pre-pubescent children. Not post-pubescent teenagers. Children and minors are not the equivalent. A child is defined by biology/physiology. Who is classed as a minor is ever-changing and completely dependent upon time and place; 16, 18, 20, etc. - it's all just a legal category that is different everywhere. Age of consent laws or any other national legal, religious, cultural, or personal ethical view of or obstacle to it really have nothing to do with it. What the law says and what constitutes a social and cultural norm or more are two totally separate things.

If one were to take the story in Koi Kaze and judge the main characters in accordance with customs in the real world, just focusing on the age gap, there are many countries, if not a majority, where Koshiro would be in violation of age of consent laws as a 27 year-old or 28 year-old having intimate relations with a 15 or 16 year-old, but nowhere, regardless of jurisdiction, would it ever be correct to say he is a pedophile for attraction to a 15 year-old girl.
WatchTillTandavaOct 31, 2019 6:24 PM
Oct 31, 2019 6:27 PM
Apr 2016
WatchTillTandava said:
Monochrosanity said:

It's a common misunderstanding that the age of consent in Japan is 14 when the younger ages, whether 13, 14, 15, whatever, are at the prefectural level and not the national level. And even those usually require some degree of familial involvement or consent - it's more a way to make it legal for perhaps pre-arranged unions and people who already know each other.

Age of consent and statutory rape are entirely distinct from pedophilia though. Pedophilia doesn't mean what most people erroneously seem to think it means. I realize language changes and evolves and the misuses of words sometimes supplant the original actual definition, but as of now pedophilia is literally only attraction to pre-pubescent children. Not post-pubescent teenagers. Age of consent laws or any other national legal, religious, cultural, or personal ethical view of or obstacle to it really have nothing to do with it. What the law says and what constitutes a social and cultural norm or more are two totally separate things.

If one were to take the story in Koi Kaze and judge the main characters in accordance with customs in the real world, just focusing on the age gap, there are many countries, if not a majority, where Koshiro would be in violation of age of consent laws as a 27 year-old or 28 year-old having intimate relations with a 15 or 16 year-old, but nowhere, regardless of jurisdiction, would it ever be correct to say he is a pedophile for attraction to a 15 year-old girl.
Fifteen? Hey hey hey, why did they go and choose the world's most idiotic age? Personally, the body part can go duck off, doesn't matter, to me that isn't the real problem with this show.
Oct 31, 2019 6:34 PM

Jun 2019
twoego said:
Fifteen? Hey hey hey, why did they go and choose the world's most idiotic age? Personally, the body part can go duck off, doesn't matter, to me that isn't the real problem with this show.

15 was probably chosen because logically it was enough time for them to have grown up apart from each other and no longer be younger children (specifically Nanoka in this case), but for her not to be an older teen who probably would have started to develop crushes and other relationships later in high school, since she was entering high school at the series' beginning.

In any event, I'm sorry from reading this thread to hear more folks that are repulsed by at least some of the subject matter in this show and cannot enjoy it, at least to anywhere near the level of its relatively miniscule fanbase, but I just don't think it was ever a show that intended to be for everyone or for as wide an audience as possible. It centering on a taboo subject in society and taking anything but a shaming/disapproving look at it was bound to turn off and alienate a lot of people.

I think that's okay. I love the show, but I get why a lot of people can't relate to it at all and feel so distant from the type of story it covers that they're disgusted by the characters and their actions, but this show exists very differently for at least a few of us out there.
Nov 18, 2019 2:32 AM
May 2016
Monochrosanity said:
amarcioz said:

I am from Brazil and here having sex with children under 14 is illegal. Here in Brazil only pedophilia is considered the attraction for children under 14 years.
Nov 18, 2019 2:45 AM

Oct 2010
Hi, yes, the show is about that, it is uncomfortable as fuck, and it is amazing. It's about a taboo relationship and its awkwardness is actively treated and shown in universe with even the main characters constantly feeling that they are doing something horribly wrong. The series doesn't hide this aspect, it's a main theme. And this is not, in any way or form, a weird fetish show.
Nov 18, 2019 3:25 AM

Oct 2015
Oh no, a taboo subject is being delved upon. This is absolutely unacceptable! We all know irl every relationship is the healthiest ever so anything that deviates from it are pandering trash.
Nov 18, 2019 3:33 AM

Apr 2012
A paedophile is someone who is primarily attracted to pre-pubescent children. 27-15 is ephebophilia.

More topics from this board

» That scene surprised me...

KietaTeenRomance - Apr 12

0 by KietaTeenRomance »»
Apr 12, 7:25 PM

» What were your problems with Koi Kaze?

removed-user - Nov 20, 2016

16 by zharth »»
Oct 21, 2023 12:48 PM

Poll: » Koi Kaze Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kisami - Jan 25, 2009

183 by oyabuntaro »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:25 PM

Poll: » Koi Kaze Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

rreggiebryant1 - Sep 1, 2009

57 by MrYandereFan26 »»
Aug 16, 2023 4:37 AM

» Should I watch Koi Kaze's English dub or Japanese original?

SigTheSauceMan - Mar 8, 2018

4 by WatchTillTandava »»
Jun 30, 2023 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.