Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 30, 2007 7:40 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
A-w-e-s-o-m-e. Finally another xD-like episode. The sports events were great, every character had me cracking up. Konata's dad as well. Most fun to watch was Tsukasa though. :D

When she was playing the flute with Kagami I laughed a lot as well, it was hilarious and cute at the same time.

And Lucky Channel rocked the **** out this time as well. NE~?! Totally loved this episode.

Screenshots:

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 30, 2007 8:34 AM

May 2006
Don't think that I had such a great laugh from watching LS yet so far, simply awesome episode. 5/5 without any doubts...

And btw, Kagami FTW! :P

"I'll go crazy by the end of the year" - K Fu's comment while doing Proofs and Number Theory in Advanced Higher Maths
May 30, 2007 8:57 AM
May 2007
absolutely loved this ep < 3
Kagami's so kawaii~
a
May 30, 2007 9:22 AM

Nov 2004
Great episode, oh man Izumi's dad was awesome this time =D
gotta love kagami though
May 30, 2007 10:10 AM

Jan 2007
Fantastic episode. I dont think i have enjoyed a sports festival episode like this since School Rumble. Konata's dad if awesome. Everything was just great. Konata's imagine technique was hilarious. And i loved it when she herself said she was the type who does well without training. Miyuki's relay race was exciting as well and Tsukasa race was great, but i think Kagami takes the cake (or anpan ;P) of the sports festival. Too funny. The Second part of the episode was great as well. The Konata/Newtype part was awesome as well as her whole book shopping part. I loved it when she found out that she alread had Shuffle vol.05. This weeks Lucky Channel is one of the better lucky channels and this weeks ED was well played. KyoAni, YOU ROCK! Looking forward to the next episode.
May 30, 2007 11:42 AM

Apr 2007
great episode indeed, NE?!

lucky channel was the best. :D
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
May 30, 2007 11:43 AM

Jan 2007
Lol at how Aya Hirano fails at english and thus so does Konata. Awesome. Love how Kagami realized she totally killed Konata's happy moment about the post card and then does a quick back track. Seriously, best yuribait pairing of the new season HELL YEAH AS IF EL CAZADOR COULD EVEN TOUCH THIS.

/yuri fan freakout

*ahem*

Pretty much everything else has already been said NE~?!
May 30, 2007 12:47 PM
May 2007
a
May 30, 2007 12:53 PM

Mar 2007
Good episode... was not one of my favorites though... I loved the Lucky Channel
May 30, 2007 10:43 PM

Aug 2006
The first half was fairly funny. I've seen lots of sports festivals in anime and this one just seem to be a derivative of them not that funny. The second half wasn't that great either although the Lucky Star Channel was pretty funny. I didn't think it was such a good episode, in fact probably the worst one I've seen so far. Hopefully the next one will be better.
zanmato666May 30, 2007 10:46 PM
May 31, 2007 4:47 AM
Apr 2007
i liked this episode a lot...the pics that cyruz and ayasaki posted remind me of just how awesome this episode was...not only that, i can totally relate to the scene where they were waiting in line and someone buys the last one of the thing you want right before your time to order...it's happened to me a bunch of times so i felt tsukasa's pain...i noticed that lucky channel was a little bit longer this time as well, which is a good thing cause this one was definitely one of the better ones...

loved the karaoke scene too...all that buildup for nothing...lmao...really well timed joke...
May 31, 2007 5:32 AM

Apr 2007
They listed all the characters in the credits, so there was like, 2 voice actors to played 17 characters (exaggeration implemented) and their name was repeated each time.

May 31, 2007 5:40 AM

Feb 2007
Yeah, everything about this episode rocked. Jeez, it's a pain to find a manga store in my area. Konata should be happy she is surrounded by them. And now i might buy the Shuffle manga.

The karaoke scene was my fav. The intro music sounded like Muse for some reason.

Edit: Zanmato, how can this ep be the worse so far? Just wondering is all.
May 31, 2007 6:07 AM

Apr 2007
When I was watching the scene where they mentioned Konata's mole, all I could think about was Robin Hood: Men in Tights. (Sorry if you don't get the reference)

Stop me if I'm wrong about this, but... wasn't your mole... on the other side?

I have a mole!?
May 31, 2007 4:56 PM

Apr 2007
love ittttt!!!!

OMG DONT CLICK ON "SPOILER" THERE's HENTAI !!!

May 31, 2007 5:54 PM

Mar 2007
There were only five words that came up to me when I finished this ep:

Lucky Star for the win!!!!!!!!!

I loved so many of the scenes here, but most things are already said. The thing where konata bought Shuffle vol. 5, twice happened to me as well.........TWICE! >.< (obviously different series though)
I can feel her pain, but I can't help laughing at that scene. XD
May 31, 2007 7:00 PM

Aug 2006
BlueYoshi said:

I found that everything was blatantly obvious. When Tsukasa was talking about the bread being firmly attached to the clips and how hard it was going to be difficult to remove, that ruined the joke since you knew what was going to happen. And Kagami's long jump was pretty obvious that she was going to fall flat on her face when they preluded to how they measure where your hands touch and since we all know that Kagami wasn't going to perform an amazing jump, thus there was only one possible solution (since why else would they mention your hands in a long jump). Tsukasa's event was the same thing, it was obvious that Tsukasa out of all people wasn't going to preform the hurdles properly, thus again only one possible solution, knock the damn things down. Another one is where they're waiting in line and Tsukasa says that they're always sold out when she gets to the front, it was so obvious that this was going to happen again especially when you heard that Kagami was ordering ramen as well. Another one is the signs on the cafeteria didn't say anything about sandwiches anywhere, so obviously when Miyuki says she's going to order a sandwich you already knew she was either in the wrong line or that they don't make them. Most of the content found in this episode was a foreshadowing to a joke that I figured out in a split second, which ruined the immediate joke impact effect on me, so I really didn't find those things funny at all since I knew they were coming. Furthermore, other parts of the show I just didn't find funny. Like Tsukasa playing her instrument. I was in band back in elementary school (played the baritone) so I know how hard it is to control your breathing and play all the right notes (the higher notes were murder), especially for a beginner. So I'm not going to laugh at someone who's trying their best to learn something. However with that being said, what I did find funny about this episode was Konata's dad (that was so morally wrong :P) and Tsukasa imagining that she was the older one. The rest of the show as fairly funny. So to sum things up, I would've probably found this episode hilarious if I didn't realize all those things so damn fast, but I did so that's why I didn't enjoy it.
Jun 1, 2007 4:33 AM

Feb 2007
zanmato666 said:
BlueYoshi said:

I found that everything was blatantly obvious. When Tsukasa was talking about the bread being firmly attached to the clips and how hard it was going to be difficult to remove, that ruined the joke since you knew what was going to happen. And Kagami's long jump was pretty obvious that she was going to fall flat on her face when they preluded to how they measure where your hands touch and since we all know that Kagami wasn't going to perform an amazing jump, thus there was only one possible solution (since why else would they mention your hands in a long jump). Tsukasa's event was the same thing, it was obvious that Tsukasa out of all people wasn't going to preform the hurdles properly, thus again only one possible solution, knock the damn things down. Another one is where they're waiting in line and Tsukasa says that they're always sold out when she gets to the front, it was so obvious that this was going to happen again especially when you heard that Kagami was ordering ramen as well. Another one is the signs on the cafeteria didn't say anything about sandwiches anywhere, so obviously when Miyuki says she's going to order a sandwich you already knew she was either in the wrong line or that they don't make them. Most of the content found in this episode was a foreshadowing to a joke that I figured out in a split second, which ruined the immediate joke impact effect on me, so I really didn't find those things funny at all since I knew they were coming. Furthermore, other parts of the show I just didn't find funny. Like Tsukasa playing her instrument. I was in band back in elementary school (played the baritone) so I know how hard it is to control your breathing and play all the right notes (the higher notes were murder), especially for a beginner. So I'm not going to laugh at someone who's trying their best to learn something. However with that being said, what I did find funny about this episode was Konata's dad (that was so morally wrong :P) and Tsukasa imagining that she was the older one. The rest of the show as fairly funny. So to sum things up, I would've probably found this episode hilarious if I didn't realize all those things so damn fast, but I did so that's why I didn't enjoy it.

Such a long explanation...i can see your point. I saw half of these things coming. The best parts of the episode was Konata's Dad, Lucky Channel and the credits. And as for the flute part, i feel sorry for Tsukasa. She's just like my sister. Blows it too hard.
Jun 2, 2007 9:35 AM

Mar 2005
Konata's dad is awesome! ^^ like a better version of Kimura-sensei from Azumanga Daioh. Loved Konata's first line:

XDD

and Kyonani ftw! XD

also that Newtype thing of Konata's is actually for real: http://www.darkmirage.com/2007/06/01/konatas-fanart/

Lucky Star just keeps getting better...
Jun 2, 2007 11:08 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
kei-clone said:

and Kyonani ftw! XD

Lmao, I didn't even notice that, haha. Kyoani ftw~

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 2, 2007 11:13 AM

Mar 2005
oh yea, why won't Kona's dad take pictures of his own daughter?! I assume he's a lolicon as well but Konata's the loliest of them all!
Jun 2, 2007 11:17 AM

Mar 2007
kei-clone said:
oh yea, why won't Kona's dad take pictures of his own daughter?! I assume he's a lolicon as well but Konata's the loliest of them all!

You know how your toys weren't as interesting as the toys of all the other kids........??

More or less the same thing... :P
Jun 2, 2007 3:31 PM

May 2007
I loved this episode, it had all the right things going for it.
Konata's dad taking pictures of girls in lots of different sports festivals and then being kicked out of the girls was so funny.
Kagami was great in the festival-knocking over the stand with the bread hanging from it and face planting into the sand.
Konata's 'viualization' was so funny but expected of someone like her.
Miyuki in the relay was awesome-she actually looked pretty fast!
But the best part was Tsukasa in the hurdle race trying to time her steps, I laugh so hard whenever I see that hearing her go: "Three, two three-huh? I don't get it!" and just knocking over the hurdles. Priceless.

Jun 2, 2007 7:09 PM

Apr 2007
BlueYoshi said:
She's just like my sister. Blows it too hard.
... Nevermind.
Jun 2, 2007 8:02 PM

Mar 2005
Roketsu said:
BlueYoshi said:
... Nevermind.

hahahaha nice
Jul 13, 2007 4:28 AM

May 2007
Was the "elegant" part before the bread eating contest a reference to Kiddy Grade? Hirano Aya was the seiyuu for Lumierre, and anytime I hear "elegant" used that's who I think of. Still, "elegant" can probably found in other series.

Anyway, I personally loved the episode, despite the "obvious" happening. Konata's dad was especially... and thankfully, although similar, he doesn't compare to the perverse nature of Kimura-sensei.

One more thing... when Konata was racing and they showed her visualization, there was a video game controller. I couldn't help but notice the methods for pressing the button rapidly. That reminded of Chrono Triggeron the SNES when you had to press one of the buttons rapidly to win the chugging contest. Chrono Trigger is not as old as her visualization of track, but it still brought back some memories.
mild_evenJul 13, 2007 4:35 AM
Sep 27, 2007 9:40 PM

Sep 2007
mild_even said:
Was the "elegant" part before the bread eating contest a reference to Kiddy Grade?

I knew that the second I heard it. XD
Best episode so far, imo.

Dec 27, 2007 1:00 PM

Jun 2007
haha, awesome episode

kyonani FTW
tsukasa was pretty cute, and funny
kagami just keeps getting cuter
the relay race was so pumped up
konata's dad wins xD
Apr 29, 2008 1:18 PM

Mar 2008
kei-clone said:

I wouldnt call him that their all high school girls he was taking pictures of lol but hes funny though
Jun 23, 2008 5:58 AM

Jun 2008
Indeed this episode really made me laugh. The other ones not so much. i guess i like this series cos of its originality, but this proved to be quite funnz even though not so original.. Konata stays always original... her trick for pressing buttons rapidly rocks! Lucky Channel is also doing better... took a lot screen pics from that part!
Kirameite, yurameite, aoki yumi, maihanatsu, hana mo-e yu-kuuu!!!
Sep 7, 2008 2:18 PM

Aug 2008
This was my favorite episode so far. The last few were amusing, but this was the first episode that truly had me chuckling the entire time. If the rest are anything like this I'm definitely looking forward to watching them.
Dec 8, 2008 2:26 AM

Jul 2008

Screenshots:

Zero Louise reference?

Mar 10, 2009 10:51 PM
Sep 2008
Is it just me or is the only good part of Lucky Star the Lucky Channel? I just play the rest of the show for background noise.
Mar 15, 2009 6:02 AM
Dec 2006
Am I the only one that really really hates Lucky Channel?
May 25, 2009 10:24 PM

Jul 2008
It was a pretty good episode, I enjoyed the bread race or whatever it's called.
May 29, 2009 4:14 PM

Feb 2009
BlueYoshi said:

^^ That's what she said

I really love Lucky Channel this time.. the "ね?!" part caught me so off gard I choked on my drink. >.<
Jun 25, 2009 10:05 AM

May 2009
i thoght it was cute!
Jun 25, 2009 10:14 AM

May 2009
yea , it was hilarius - cute and well yeah........
Jul 16, 2009 2:34 AM

Nov 2007
A nice lol episode Konata's dad is just ... ^^" Konata's imagination is quite odd though O_O
Jul 23, 2009 6:17 AM
Jul 2009
This episode was hilarious!
LOL at Konata's father!
NE?
I laughed so hard when Kagami knocked the entire anpan stand over!

Bye-bee! It's so cute when Akira says that.
Aug 18, 2009 9:14 PM

Jan 2009
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~!
Sep 5, 2009 9:37 PM

Mar 2009
It was cool. the sport event was funny. my favorite part was when Tsukasa tried the hurdle race. Lol and Kagami fell trying to pull that food down by her teeth xD!

Oct 18, 2009 1:57 PM

Aug 2009
That episode of Lucky Channel was classic.
Dec 26, 2009 12:28 PM

Oct 2009
I thought this was a really funny episode ^^
The girls cracked me up as always, and Konata's father was funny XD
Dec 27, 2009 2:10 PM

Aug 2009
A great sports festival, NEE !?~
Mar 3, 2010 10:00 PM
Aug 2008
mild_even said:
One more thing... when Konata was racing and they showed her visualization, there was a video game controller. I couldn't help but notice the methods for pressing the button rapidly. That reminded of Chrono Triggeron the SNES when you had to press one of the buttons rapidly to win the chugging contest. Chrono Trigger is not as old as her visualization of track, but it still brought back some memories.

Of course, the game it was spoofing was Hyper Olympic, known as Track & Field here in the states. Incidentally, it was developed and published by Konami. I don't know if they intended to make that reference, but hey. :D
NyperoldApr 21, 2010 2:16 PM
"Say, Tsukasa, how do you eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup?"
Mar 14, 2010 12:27 PM

Jul 2007
This episode was definitely the best one in the series so far? Maybe the change in the director of the show will show some promise for the remaining of the series.

I loved the relay race, Miyuki won just barely because her breasts were the largest, LOL.

My favorite part was probably when Tsukasa and Kagami were learning how to play the flute, that was hilarious, i laughed alot during that.

Mar 22, 2010 8:45 AM
Nov 2009
Lucky Channel was AWSOME this episode
Apr 16, 2010 10:10 PM

Feb 2010
Konata's dad = hillarious.

great episode.
Apr 21, 2010 2:40 PM
Aug 2008
link9us said:
I loved the relay race, Miyuki won just barely because her breasts were the largest, LOL.

Of course, she also brought her team back from last place, so that's impressive all on its own.

Strawberry... sandwich?

I had assumed she would put her manga on her shelves like: 5|4|3|2|1,

"Don't touch me." ...Huh?

He says there's going to be a figure made of him, but next time the subject comes up...
"Say, Tsukasa, how do you eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup?"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lucky ☆ Star Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

chibuki - Sep 16, 2007

253 by EggWithNoPan »»
Apr 20, 1:55 AM

Poll: » Lucky ☆ Star Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Sep 10, 2007

85 by biuberry »»
Apr 9, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Lucky ☆ Star Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Joseph_ - Aug 27, 2007

112 by biuberry »»
Apr 8, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Lucky Star Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - May 22, 2007

84 by Celt1cs »»
Apr 7, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Lucky ☆ Star Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sidestep - Aug 19, 2007

62 by biuberry »»
Apr 4, 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.