New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 20, 2019 10:54 PM
Jul 2018
probably just gonna wait until PS6 when the FF7 remake comes out
Apr 20, 2019 11:15 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
With how cheap solid Gaming PCs have become (and are continuing to become) and the fact there's nothing major left to innovate on the consoles I thought we were probably already on the last console generation and they were just going to keep updating the specs on the existing consoles (PCs are killing out consoles in America and some of the other countries so this might be more of a move for poorer countries). It's actually kind of silly they're doing another generation. Microsoft has been playing around with the idea of becoming a service rather than a console, I hope they go ahead and do that, maybe then it'd actually be worth getting a Playstation if it meant playing the exclusives of both them AND Microsoft. Of course having a portable console like the Nintendo Switch will always be worth it lol plus Nintendo has always done best at exclusives I can just play all the third party games on PC.
Apr 21, 2019 2:11 AM

Apr 2015
Kyotosomo said:
With how cheap solid Gaming PCs have become (and are continuing to become)

This is pretty off-topic, but how cheap is a good PC? I don't want to play censored or edited games, and figured a PC is a good idea. (I'm all for a Switch, too)
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Apr 21, 2019 2:57 AM
Dec 2010
So Sony is going to retire the ps4 soon?

Will the price hit a new high this time. I haven't even gotten my hands on the ps4 and now the next console is coming. I think I will just stick with the PC.
Someone believe I hv Fantasy Prone Personality, in short, FPP.
So I decided to live up to it, Yay!
Apr 21, 2019 5:03 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
ssd will be super nice to have, but 8k @ 30 fps? hmmm idk if they'll pull that off so easily

Tropisch said:
Kyotosomo said:
With how cheap solid Gaming PCs have become (and are continuing to become)

This is pretty off-topic, but how cheap is a good PC? I don't want to play censored or edited games, and figured a PC is a good idea. (I'm all for a Switch, too)

built mine ages ago but I'd say ~$1000 minus peripherals? you can go way less than that
you can check this site which will give a better idea: http://www.logicalincrements.com/
Apr 23, 2019 11:32 PM

Mar 2008
Kiiruuu said:
Backward compatibility, SSD storage, Ray tracing, Ryzen 7nm architecture

Yes, please. I've also been waiting for the Ryzen 3rd gen CPU since the CES 2019.

Also 8K Support and Disc Drive confirmed...definitely buying this 3-4 years after release, when it's on sale for $200-$300 New with a game bundled.

Stark700 said:
Anyone want to guess the launch price? I'm guessing around $450-500. Rumor has it that Death Stranding and Horizon Zero Dawn 2 will be part of the lineup.

It's great they mentioned about backwards compatibility.

I'm also guessing somewhere in that range, though $400 would be preferred.

As for those two games, I sadly doubt they'll be ready by the time it releases.

However I would love to be proven wrong.

Stoorainclaire said:
wtf? I just bought PS4! and PS5 out already???

PS5 isn't out yet, we don't have a release date or pricing yet.

Also been confirmed it is NOT releasing in 2019.

Tenma said:
A report I was privy to said their projected price point will be $499.99.

I'm on board, I'll sell my PS4 and get it half-off, basically. Willing to bet Bloodborne 2 will be announced with PS5.

Other juicy news was that, apparently, GTA6 will be announced with the console as a multi-platform release on PS4 and PS5.

Hope you don't mind me asking for your source or a link?

As much as I'd love all of that, sounds too good to be true.

BrightFlashLight said:
So Sony is going to retire the ps4 soon?

Sony retired the PS3 in 2016-2017, 10-11 years after launch/release.

So I don't think they'll be killing off the PS4 until 2023 at the earliest.

(Yes, the PS4 did launch in 2013)

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection
Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Apr 24, 2019 8:19 AM

Feb 2017
@KidBoruto

I believe they sum it all up here, if I remember correctly.

Apr 24, 2019 8:48 AM

Oct 2015
It's nice to see more people bothered by Sony's pro-censorship decisions. I hope the cost it had on the company was noticable enough for them to consider making some changes but I doubt it.
Apr 24, 2019 11:18 PM

Jul 2009
Orhunaa said:
It's nice to see more people bothered by Sony's pro-censorship decisions. I hope the cost it had on the company was noticable enough for them to consider making some changes but I doubt it.

I'm highly against the censorship, but I doubt Sony will change its stance any time soon. Niche censored games often risk boycotts from its target audience, but massively popular consoles with a diverse global appeal are a different story. The people truly angry about the censorship are unfortunately a vocal minority. Heck, I'm pretty sure that most Playstation consumers aren't even aware of the censorship.
Apr 25, 2019 7:00 AM

May 2018
Skittles said:
Orhunaa said:

I'm highly against the censorship, but I doubt Sony will change its stance any time soon. Niche censored games often risk boycotts from its target audience, but massively popular consoles with a diverse global appeal are a different story. The people truly angry about the censorship are unfortunately a vocal minority. Heck, I'm pretty sure that most Playstation consumers aren't even aware of the censorship.

Pretty much. From my own circle of people who are more or less casuals (playing only the popular titles coming out) I've never heard a complaint about censorships, anti-consumer DRMs, microtransactions and so on. They don't care and it won't scratch Sony in the least.
Apr 25, 2019 1:04 PM
Apr 2019
I don't think it can compare with PC gaming
Apr 25, 2019 1:40 PM

Jan 2019
hahaha i still havent bought a ps4, i was planning on getting one though because they managed to get me intereted in multiple exclusives

i guess i dont have to get one after all xD
backwards compatibility for the win <3

i loved the wii for doing it with the gamecube too
May 6, 2019 12:31 AM

Mar 2008
Tenma said:
@KidBoruto

I believe they sum it all up here, if I remember correctly.

Sadly all unconfirmed rumors so far, but I agree, hopefully most of that info is true.

Skittles said:
The people truly angry about the censorship are unfortunately a vocal minority. Heck, I'm pretty sure that most Playstation consumers aren't even aware of the censorship.

ArrRti said:
Pretty much. From my own circle of people who are more or less casuals (playing only the popular titles coming out) I've never heard a complaint about censorship, anti-consumer DRMs, microtransactions and so on. They don't care and it won't scratch Sony in the least.

I'd have to third this unfortunately, I've only seen negative reactions to said policies on some websites and only a vocal minority.

Most casuals/target audience for PS4 never notice/care or even play said affected games. Therefore Sony isn't going to care.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection
Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
May 6, 2019 1:13 AM
Aug 2018
very very good news, hoping for a good price tho
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What was the very first video game you ever played? As well your first game console?

Kazeninjaryu1 - May 5

24 by cody »»
3 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

30 by Paul »»
3 hours ago

» your video game waifu or husbando

deg - May 7

9 by SquareOne »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Do you play GTA San Andreas? What's your most favorite San Andreas city or county?

IAmOdie - 12 hours ago

1 by Adnash »»
9 hours ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Apr 25

6 by 13norts »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.