Forum Settings
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2019 10:29 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
No chapter discussion yet???

There is a part in this chapter that has stayed with me ever since I first read it. It's the part where Kyouko realizes that what she said to her mother about never wished to have been born. Throughout the years, there are bad days where I feel the same way, wishing that I hadn't been born. Unlike Kyouko though, it's not because I hate my family. Still, whenever I find myself thinking this, I remember this chapter--I remember Kyouko's realization that she had hurt her mother for saying this. And I think, that I'd hurt my mother very much if she knew I ever had any doubts about living.

I remember a lot of specific scenes in Furuba, but this one will always be that one that I remember the most and have the biggest impact for me.
May 4, 2019 3:51 PM

Mar 2014
this was so sad. Kyoko and Katsuya were so happy together, and they made such a loving family. I like what Katsuya said to her when she was afraid of having a child, his advice is exactly how a parent should act towards their child. And in the end, Tohru became an incredible child, her parents have died but they both loved her very much.
Kyoko mourning Katsuya and realizing she'll never see him again was heartbreaking. He was the one who helped her change her life and then he was gone.
May 7, 2019 10:57 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, that scene about Kyoko's mother was powerful. How many times do we as teenagers say something we come to regret down the line. To be fair, it's a thing adults should consider words can hurt people.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 17, 2023 11:38 PM

Dec 2012
"Keep me from standing ever again."

Even though I've watched the movie twice, I still had to stop reading and break down crying for a good 5 minutes. That quote in particular hits so close to home that it felt like my darkest & most self-destructive thoughts became words on the page. The heartbreak I feel for Kyoko isn't just an emotional reaction to a sad story. It's too utterly real and personal for me to fully describe.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket Chapter 7 Discussion

bluegummiworms - Jan 26, 2009

6 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Nov 14, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Chapter 136 Discussion

crimsoncryst - Feb 2, 2011

22 by marquinti2 »»
Jul 28, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Chapter 131 Discussion

Zekkenshin - Jul 20, 2023

3 by marquinti2 »»
Jul 21, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Chapter 95 Discussion

Zekkenshin - Jul 18, 2023

4 by marquinti2 »»
Jul 20, 2023 8:43 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Chapter 135 Discussion

Zekkenshin - Jul 20, 2023

2 by marquinti2 »»
Jul 20, 2023 6:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.