Forum Settings
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2023 1:42 AM

Dec 2012
This is such a cathartic conclusion to the Zodiac bonds. While it's heartbreaking to see how such pure wishes were eventually corrupted into what became the curse, it's so uplifting to see that each of the original animals, through their spiritual reincarnations, were able to find closure and honor the cat's dying wish.
Jul 20, 2023 5:36 PM

Oct 2021
This series will forever be special in my heart even if it doesn't fall under the greatest of all time manga made category. It teaches life lessons that I wouldn't find anywhere else. When i read Chapter 131 for the first time, I felt sadness on my whole body. It made me want the series to run a little longer.

But, we know that nothing stays the same forever. And, when you spoke about closure, is it enough? My answer to that would be "yes" for the God and the zodiac animals because they endured for centuries; but "no" for the Fruits Basket characters because their journey continues on in the modern world (and for the manga readers as well).

It's the slice-of-life and dramatic moments of this series that made it worth re-reading/rewatching. 😖

I haven't re-read Fruits Basket after the reboot anime finished on 2021; however, I'm content that at the very least, Fruits Basket: The Final Season is ranked #13 in MAL's Top Anime today.

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jul 20, 2023 11:34 PM

Dec 2012
marquinti2 said:
This series will forever be special in my heart even if it doesn't fall under the greatest of all time manga made category. It teaches life lessons that I wouldn't find anywhere else. When i read Chapter 131 for the first time, I felt sadness on my whole body. It made me want the series to run a little longer.

But, we know that nothing stays the same forever. And, when you spoke about closure, is it enough? My answer to that would be "yes" for the God and the zodiac animals because they endured for centuries; but "no" for the Fruits Basket characters because their journey continues on in the modern world (and for the manga readers as well).

It's the slice-of-life and dramatic moments of this series that made it worth re-reading/rewatching. 😖

I haven't re-read Fruits Basket after the reboot anime finished on 2021; however, I'm content that at the very least, Fruits Basket: The Final Season is ranked #13 in MAL's Top Anime today.
The bolded is an especially touching sentiment, as when I first finished Fruits Basket, my immediate thought was "There's the happiness I want to pursue."

I've already watched the anime again twice this year and then picked up the manga just to see what else I'd missed. It's wonderful because even as the best moments remain eternally engraved in my heart, my perspective towards the specific life lessons continues to grow each time I return to this tale.

The Fruits Basket remake actually became an immediate favorite of mine just because of how it directly spoke to me. It felt like through so much darkness & pain, it finally found and sat down beside me.
Jul 21, 2023 6:41 AM

Oct 2021
Zekkenshin said:
marquinti2 said:

The bolded is an especially touching sentiment, as when I first finished Fruits Basket, my immediate thought was "There's the happiness I want to pursue."

I've already watched the anime again twice this year and then picked up the manga just to see what else I'd missed.  It's wonderful because even as the best moments remain eternally engraved in my heart, my perspective towards the specific life lessons continues to grow each time I return to this tale.

The Fruits Basket remake actually became an immediate favorite of mine just because of how it directly spoke to me.  It felt like through so much darkness & pain, it finally found and sat down beside me.
Tell me about it! Fruits Basket is irreplaceable.

And, even if I see themes or a genre kind of similar or quite similar to the Fruits Basket tale, it's gonna be one or two decades later after the Fruits Basket manga is published. And, they're not even that close (i.e., any new manga that tries to imitate the Fruits Basket tale in the romance category or slice-of-life category is just a carbon copy as those newbie series don't even have the themes presented nor exquisite plotline revolving around broken-hearted characters similar to Fruits Basket).

I'm impressed you watched the anime twice this year! That's very inspirational! You're a huge fan! I couldn't even find the time to rewatch the reboot anime even if I wanted to as I'm moving onto other anime series. But, I'm glad that fans like you exist to cherish the wise words and life lessons of this manga.

Also, I noticed you've been adding your thoughts to the Fruits Basket chapter discussions in MAL frequently; not in all of them, of course, but in some of the chapters towards the finale.

That only tells me that you care about this series and took some time out of your day to leave a comment on some of the chapters even if this series already finished publishing decades ago.

Keep up the good work! You talking about the series inspires me and brings my attention again to a classic series such as this! Keep being inspired by the treasure trove of lessons brought by Fruits Basket.

I'll see you around or talk to you around the Fruits Basket manga/anime MAL discussion boards to give my take on some of the chapters of the series, too. 😁
marquinti2Jul 21, 2023 6:48 AM

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket Chapter 7 Discussion

bluegummiworms - Jan 26, 2009

6 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Nov 14, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Chapter 136 Discussion

crimsoncryst - Feb 2, 2011

22 by marquinti2 »»
Jul 28, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Chapter 95 Discussion

Zekkenshin - Jul 18, 2023

4 by marquinti2 »»
Jul 20, 2023 8:43 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Chapter 135 Discussion

Zekkenshin - Jul 20, 2023

2 by marquinti2 »»
Jul 20, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Chapter 133 Discussion

Pointless_3456 - May 10, 2020

1 by Zekkenshin »»
Jul 20, 2023 10:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.