Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 2, 2019 8:19 AM

Dec 2013

Spring 2019 Seasonal Discussion Thread

Well it seems we finally have a season for me where I had a lot of options to choose from. I have 14 shows either locked in or I'm considering. I won't be able to watch all of them just through my normal motivational levels so some might be put on hold, some might be dropped. If I do try to watch all of them I'll end up like the guy in the gif. I'm hoping to possibly have my top season in 2019 in Spring.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 2, 2019 9:06 PM

Apr 2016
Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 1

This will most likely end up as a drop from me. The first episode was all over the place with very little actual substance. The "plot" is so thick I'm having flashbacks of Conception. Unless it really picks up it probably won't hold my interest, which is fine. I have plenty of other prospects this season.

Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 1

My baseball boys are back! I think one of the reason's I love this series so much is because baseball is the only IRL sport I actually enjoy and know something about. Though I'm sure some may complain about the minor recap in the beginning, I was personally thankful for it as it's been a long time since I watched the previous seasons. Loved the visuals for this season's OP though I wasn't really sold on the vocals, but maybe it will grow on me. I have confidence MADHOUSE won't let me down and high hopes for the 52 episode run.
k3ls3yr1ann3Apr 8, 2019 11:41 PM
"An idea is not responsible for the people who believe in it." -Random Fortune
Apr 5, 2019 4:42 PM

Jan 2013
Hitoribocchi Episode 1 was everything I wanted it to be. Very faithful to the manga and I loved every second of it.

Senryuu Shoujo was pretty solid. Main girl is a super cutie. Lots of cute moments and I look forward to more.

Fridays are gonna be good to me this season.
Apr 5, 2019 6:03 PM

Apr 2016
Fridays look like they'll be full of romance and slice of life series this season so far.

Midara na Ao-chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 1
A cute little short form ecchi/comedy/romance about a girl trying to tell a boy she hates him, when in actuality she doesn't. Really like the art style.

Senryuu Shoujo Episode 1
Another romance/slice of life/comedy short form. This one looks like it may end up being more harem-esque than the one above, but more wholesome. I enjoy how the characters interact, and the male MC's obliviousness, though typical of many protagonists, works for him.

Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 1
This made me laugh more than I expected. Not because it was bad, but because the episode as genuinely enjoyable with it's scenes. I've never seen the original Fruits Basket, so with nothing to compare it to I feel the episode did a decent job of introducing the basic characters and a glimpse of their personalities.

Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu Episode 1
My favorite of the day! This as funny and relatable! absolutely loved everything about it! (Though I do question her best friends intentions.)
k3ls3yr1ann3Apr 6, 2019 7:08 PM
Apr 6, 2019 10:35 AM

Jan 2013
Saturdays will be my lewd day with Joshikausei and Nobunaga-sensei. They are decent enough. They are only 11 minutes long combined so I can't really complain.

Joshikausei definitely has higher potential imo. They can basically do whatever they want with the premise. but Kichou from Nobunaga-sensei is a super cutie.
Apr 6, 2019 10:13 PM

Oct 2015
Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Nice first episode with the main characters' quirkiness being introduced. Gotoubun-like premise but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Fruits Basket (2019)
Haven't seen the original but this was really good. Looks to have a lot of potential and Tohru seems like a great character.

Kimetsu no Yaiba
Pretty meh start but the animation and soundtrack are certainly nice.

Senryuu Shoujo
So cute and fluffy! :feelsgoodman:

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Ep 13
Shield Hero back at it again indiscreetly manipulating viewers' feelings and emotions. Points like this are the highlight of the show, but whether that's a good or bad thing depends on the person.
Apr 6, 2019 11:10 PM

Apr 2016
Mix: Meisei Story Episode 1
I really liked this one with its old school design paying homage to the source material. Though this is set in the same place as Touch (which I haven't seen yet) you can still tell this plot is going to be vastly different from it's predecessor. There's also already a dose of foreshadowing that things between these twins may not be as they appear. I would also like to give the animators and other staff props for making the motions of the players so spot on and fluid. Makes my inner baseball geek squeal watching those motions.

Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 1
Was fan-freaking-tastic in my opinion. The animation was clean AF and so pleasing (especially the nature/background scenes), but still held true to the manga, and the coloring is great. The voice acting was handled magnificently and true to what I would expect the characters to sound like as a reader. And the music, OMG, the sound track for this gave me goosebumps. Hats off to UFOtable, this is by far my favorite show if the season. Don't be surprised if this stays in my top 3 on my PRC list this season.

Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 1
The OP and ED make me feel like I'm watching a sports anime instead of a music series, but it's shounen so I guess it works. So far I like the premise, even though the first episode was a tad underwhelming for me. Really like the OST for this one. Also a shout out to Yuuma Uchida for voicing Chika here, Souichirou Tachibana in Mix, and Souma from Fruits Baskets (2019) this season! (This is also already slotted for a second season in fall 2019 so I'm hoping it turns out well.)

Joshikausei Episode 1
When the show is supposed to be done with no dialogue between the characters, I don't know why I expected something more intellectually stimulating than what I got. This show toes the line of being Ecchi without being Ecchi. I'm not going to lie though, those thighs were fine.

Amazing Stranger Episode 1
Another one of those shows I find so cliched and stupid it's actually funny. Since it's a short I'll probably watch it through the season just for shits and giggles, even though I can't stand the male MC's design.

Nobunaga-sensei no Osanazuma Episode 1
Poor guy in the 28 club being pressured by his parents to find a wife, (I feel this on so many levels) summons a historical loli from a broken cup. He accepts this without a second thought and claims her as waifu. This is the funniest thing I've seen in ages! Definitely going to continue this short.

Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episoode 1
Another school/haram/comedy/romance. Though I like the art style for the show, this one left me feelng kind of 'meh' at the end. Didn't really feel a satisfying hook by the end of the first episode, and the personality of the characters here are bland for me. I'll stick it out a few more episodes, maybe I'll get hooked further in.
k3ls3yr1ann3Apr 6, 2019 11:13 PM
Apr 7, 2019 2:42 AM

Mar 2016
Ultraman - Episodes 1 & 2
While I have no history with Ultraman, I do know the basics about the franchise. So judging this new Netflix version on its own, I was throughly entertained and intrigued so far. The CG was alright during the conversation scenes, but once there were only costumed characters on screen, the quality went up dramatically. Story is interesting so far, but might become formulaic quickly. Seeing how it's all out already, I'll probably give it some more episodes later.

Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO - Episode 1
That must have been the most rushed 20 minutes I have witnessed in a long time, but I can't say I'm surprised with this being a VN adaptation. We've got 10+ characters being introduced, every single one more cliche than the last without any motivation or personality. The story as well failed to grab me in any way and the presentation was rather bland. I've seen enough.

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki - Episode 1
Cute little short that might no make me fall over laughing, but definitely makes me smile.

Nobunaga-sensei no Osanazuma - Episode 1
I feel nothing. I don't really know why, but this series did nothing for me. It's technically fine, I guess, but I don't feel any need to return.

Senryuu Shoujo - Episode 1
This might be my favorite this season so far. I adored every single aspect of this series, from the music to the characters to the comedy. I don't know how well this series will be received by people that watch with subs, seeing as I watched it raw, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and am looking forward to more.

Midara na Ao-chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai - Episode 1
I'm sorry, but I can't with this series. It is the definition of the kind of humor I can't stand. I hate the hesitation and inner monolog of the main girl, I hate her father and I pretty much dislike everything about this show. Next.

Fruits Basket (2019) - Episode 1
As someone who has no knowledge about Fruits Basket at all, I deem this re-adaptation to be.....fine. It looked fine, it sounded fine, story and characters are fine, but that's about it. I'll probably stick around for one more episode, but I wouldn't be surprised if that'll be the end for me.

Joshikausei - Episode 1
To be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect from a series without any dialogue. And I can say that I was pleasantly surprised. The visual humor is pretty good and I actually laughed out loud at the final punchline. So yeah, I'll definitely stick around for this one.

Chou Kadou Girl ⅙: Amazing Stranger - Episode 1
This one was pretty sweet. I like the chemistry between the two leads and I wonder if they're gonna delve more into why exactly Nona did come to life, seeing how the cliffhanger at the end hinted at something more sinister. Might just be for dramatic effect though. Anyway, I enjoyed it so far.

Kimetsu no Yaiba - Episode 1
While I am not fully on board with the characters and story yet, I have to give credit on a technical side. This episode was impressive on every level. Fluid animation from beginning to end, expressive and detailed backgrounds and fantastic music created a true audio-visual spectacle, if not quite as impressive as the second episode of Ultraman. Still, I'll probably check out the next episode to see if it can get me into the story.

Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu - Episode 1
After reading the ridiculous names of the characters, I went into this series expecting an over-the-top comedy. Instead, I got a slow slice-of-life with slight drama undercurrents, however, without any soul or charm. Since the adaptaion chose to forgo the 4-koma structure of the original in favor of a more coherent narrative, not a single punchline hits at the correct time or with the correct speed. I also don't feel anything for Bocchi when trying to make friends since the series treats most of her attempts as funny even though none of it is. I found out after watching that there is a discontinued web-manga version of this series which is leagues above in writing, character development and comedy, which I am very sad I will never be able to experience fully. For this series, however, I have seen enough.

Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai - Episode 1
While there is technically nothing wrong with this series, there are also dozens of other series with the same or similar premise that do a better job on all fronts, so I don't see any reason to continue this.

Kono Oto Tomare! - Episode 1
Same deal as above. The episode wasn't bad, but it was also the same first episode every single shounen sports-/club-anime has, which there are also more than enough to choose from.

Bagira20Apr 9, 2019 10:19 AM
Apr 7, 2019 5:56 PM

Feb 2017
First impressions of...

Chou Kadou Girl ⅙: Amazing Stranger
I really wouldn't recommend this show... we reached to the limit in which a talking doll is sexualized -.- Probably will keep on watching because it is a short, I guess
Score: 4/10

Fairy Gone
They tried to build up the world on the very first episode... I don't feel like it was successfully achieved. Anyway, the story might get interesting later.
Score: 6/10

Fruits Basket
I'm not really seeing the difference with the first show, in terms of story, which makes me happy :3
In terms of characters design... the first Tohru was cuter... but both, Yuuki and Kyo, look better ^.^ - Yuuki, in particular, doesn't look like a shota anymore YAY!
Score: 7/10

Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine
I was expecting something more ecchi or male-audience oriented. Fortunately, it doesn't seem like it. The story was nice, and the characters too. The only thing I'd complain about is why they look like they are wearing make-up xD

Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu
This is the best example of making a cute and adorable show without it having unnecessary ecchi (stares at Beelzebub-jo) or exaggerated reactions. Yes! :3
Score: 8/10

Joshikausei
One of the worst things I've seen lately... I really can't understand the goal they want to reach with a short like this. By the way that was the only good thing it had and the only reason I'll watch the second episode: it only lasts 3mins. that last annoying mosquito and its sound made me hate it even more >.<
Score: 2/10

Kimetsu no Yaiba
I had some Golden Kamuy vybes on it... but the only somilar thing is the snow xD
This first episode didn't say much about the series to me. I hope the story develops on the correct way :)

Kono Oto Tomare!
Really a surprise! Good first episode... and also, a 2nd season is confirmed xD
good candidate for the Spring's clash ;)

Mix: Meisei Story
It wasn't really on my plan to watch because I thought it was very related with Touch and I'm not really into baseball - But I saw this with @Alicador and was really a nice surprise :3
I really enjoy that oldies vybe, the characters are sympathetic, and the story seems interesting ^.^
This first episode leaves you with so many questions!! >.<

Senryuu Shoujo
This doesn't seem the season for shorts, unfortunately :( but I'd say this one was the only one that I kinda liked. The relationship between the MCs is cute, I hope they make emphasis on it. To be honest, I'm not really fond of the main idea of the show (I mean, communicating with poems).

I still have to watch quite a few shows, so I'll be posting a second part later ^.^

Apr 7, 2019 5:57 PM

Dec 2013
Bakumatsu Crisis Episode 1 Thoughts

I guess you could consider this a plot restarter, which i don't tend to be a fan of.
But at the end of the day the Shinsengumi was their opposition so they still need to be defeated to completely end tyranny.
So it is more or less back to the norm, will see if the story can hold up in the second season.

Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 1 Thoughts

Well I know this is already a good story because of the original, I don't really have much experience watching remakes in anything really. So I'm going to do my best to look at this in a stand alone way. That being said we got through all the prologue plot points pretty smooth and were already into the main meat of the show going into episode 2.

Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 1 Thoughts

So this is already a split core, so that makes me less likely to drop it even if this is an average show. Which I'm kinda getting that feeling 5 minutes in, it a bit hectic, it a bit forced, this show has a lot elements that I like but there is some red flags getting shown pretty quick.

What is in it's favor is I am liking Chika Kudou, he seems like a decent character. Takezou Kurata is a typical wimp. But they do a decent job getting Kudou over as a character. So there is hope for this show.

Fairy Gone Episode 1 Thoughts

A bit heavy on the music, but not a bad start in creating something interesting. Not sure why this is getting so much hate other than maybe it is cool thing to do right now? But I had a good time with the first episode, will see how this government agency is and how many other weird fairy creatures will find along the way.

Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin Episode 1 Thoughts

My first thought it, there is no point of this trap...he is literally a trap for the sake of being a trap. Then the first plot we get is some romeo/juliet plot. I mean I like youkai stuff but this isn't really anything to keep me around.

Apr 9, 2019 10:59 AM

Jan 2016
Fruits Basket Episode 1:
The original was one of my first anime and holds a special place in my heart. This seems to be doing it justice so far. We'll see if I prefer the anime original ending or the manga ending better.

Kimetsu no Yaiba:
I'm caught up on the manga, super excited for the rest. First episode dragged a bit for me but that's probably just because I know what's going to happen.
Apr 9, 2019 5:38 PM

Jan 2013
I expect probably nobody else in this club will like the Cute Girls Playing Baseball anime this season but damn I loved that first ep. I had low expectations so they've been pretty much blown away. It's very cliche in it's approach but I'm fine with that. I'm gonna have a blast with this one and it will probably score in the 5's.
Apr 9, 2019 8:09 PM

Dec 2013
Gunjou no Magmel Episode 1 Thoughts

So my first thoughts on the show is that it is going to be episodic. Which would be a shame.
It is interesting as I intended it to be but I'm still not really feeling it. It just feels a bit off.
Emotionally off. It is nothing I'm going to be looking forward to every week at least.

Isekai Quartet Episode 1 Thoughts

Well this is exactly what I expect and that is not a bad thing. I actually think this could be funny.
But other than that I have no other comments about it

One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Thoughts

This wasn't that bad of an episode, it helped that Saitama was not the main focus.
Maybe I'll actually like this season more being that were starting with a main focus in the hero association.
But then again with the ONE PUNCHES I'll probably get disinterested again.

Dororo Episode 13 Thoughts

My first thoughts is the opening music SUCKS compared to the old one.
As for the rest it is rather the norm of the show, another monster, another try to touchy story.
Dororo just got a little bit more complicated then "he" already was haha,

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 13 Thoughts

It is the chase. Malty continues her schemes. Eventually the other two heroes need to start connecting the dots. They've shown neutrality a few times but the side needs to start progressing more. But I do feel a moment is coming soon with what we saw at the end of the episode.

Apr 9, 2019 11:27 PM

Mar 2016
Shoumetsu Toshi - Episode 1
What I can say about this is that there was so much going on in such a short time that I was so overwhelmed and baffled that I might actually give this another episode. Well see how tempted I feel to do so once that episode has been released, though.

Gunjou no Magme - Episode 1l
This one really disappointed me. The animation was fine at most and the story lacked any real emotion to make me care about any of the characters.Also, this might have just been me, but I hoped for an uninformed main character, not someone familiar with the new continent. I took a look at the manhua afterwards and have to say I like it a lot more, seeing as the story is completely different.

Fairy Gone - Episode 1
This might just be me, but I've always felt that P.A. Works has some problems with making action shows, so I was worried from the getgo. And after watching it I felt...nothing. The things I can say is that the exposition seen in the beggining was very poorly handled and the character motivations are all over the place. The CG was passable, I guess, but nothing to write home about. I probably won't continue this.

Jimoto ga Japan - Episode 1
For some reason, this seems to be the hardest series this season to get a hold of. I managed to find a minute or so on some random website, so be warned that these thoughts might not be totally fair. With that said, I believe that this adaptation is both a perfect representation of the source and a disservice to it at the same time. The rapid-fire cheap animation captures the characters and scenarios perfectly, but it never shifts into a more serious atmosphere when Hitomono uses one of his moves, which makes the series feel kind of pointless.
Combined with the trouble of finding this series, it's probably not worth continuing.

RoboHachi - Episode 1
This is the only show this season aside from Senryuu Shoujo that actually had color to it. I like the personalities of the two MCs and the colorful asthetic of the show, even though the artstyle isn't anything special. I'll definitely give this another episode.

Nande Koko ni Sensei ga!? - Episode 1
I'm sorry, but I don't get the point of this. You wouldn't watch this with together with anyone else to laugh at unless they were into these kinds of things in the first place. And if they are or if you're watching alone, then the censorship takes you out of the experience. I don't get it, but maybe I don't have to. Next.

Namu Amida Butsu!: Rendai Utena - Episode 1
The initial few minutes raised my expectations a bit with some nice dark atmoshpere and a good looking action scene. However, the moment a cast of like 20 pretty boys with no immediate relevance was introduced via nametag only, I already felt that this wasn't for me. 10 minutes of 2 of them cleaning a rather bland-looking room later and I knew I was done. Next.

Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine - Episode 1
You know that when a series makes you shout "Move!" at the screen because the shots are held on for far longer than they should be with no animation at all, you've got a masterpiece in front of you. Coupled with the standard girl archetypes of shy girl, hyperactive girl and the cat-like girl, I don't see anything here to hold my interest.

Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin - Episode 1
Yes, this first epsiode was the most cliched out of everything that aired this season so far. Yes, the animation is nothing spectacular, it might not even be that good. However, I personally find the rules of the world and layers of the characters intriguing enough to give this another episode.

Isekai Quartet - Episode 1
This show turned out to be exactly what I feared it would be, fanservice for the sake of fanservice. Apart from the ending song (which is amazing) and the image at the very end of the episode, this was a borefest for me.

One Punch Man 2nd Season - Episode 1
With everyone raging about the supposed huge drop in animation quality of the new season, I have to say I can't agree. While the animation is certainly not better, I think it is still impressive in its own right. That said, though, I don't think I'll continue this. I read the Web Manga in the past before, and it seems like my mind is done with all things One Punch Man, since I felt nothing while watching. Plus, I know the story already, so I don't really see any reason to continue.

Apr 11, 2019 1:19 PM

Dec 2013
Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san Episode 1 Thoughts

Well the set-up episode was fine, it is just when we get into the normal slice of life stuff will see if I am able to keep my attention or not. Well it does what it suppose to do in being cute.

Kenja no Mago Episode 1 Thoughts

Well that was a rather fun episode, we got a lot of lore out the way pretty quick.
So on a set-up basis this was a big success. I also don't really have any issues with Shin yet, he more just came off as blunt then a typical harem MC. Doubt it will stay that way but I just have to call it as I see it. Next episode will get into the school aspect of the show, hope the good momentum continues.

Carole & Tuesday Episode 1 Thoughts

I can't say I care much for the music actually played in the show. Definitely feels more of a slow burner for me, going to take a few episodes before I really can grasp if I like the show or not. But the show is also 24 episodes so it is the preferred pacing for this length. I honestly had to mute the second song part because it was just so repetitive and radio music like....eww. So I'm left indifferent because of my taste in music.
Apr 11, 2019 1:37 PM

Jan 2013
just watched the first episodes of the Strike Witches short and Carole & Tuesday.

Strike Witches short is not very good animation-wise compared to the original show but I found the first episode pretty fun. I will probably enjoy this series, I like the characters and I liked the SoL parts when I was watching the original Strike Witches so I should enjoy this too.

Carole & Tuesday first episode was awesome, as expected. This and Hitoribocchi are my 2 early candidates for AOTS.
Apr 11, 2019 3:09 PM

Apr 2016
Will make more posts for updates from Yay/Nay stream, picks cuz I'm a part of that stream as a mod so I watch whatever premieres are put on there

Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 1
Horrendous. Saw roughly half an episode of YU-NO on Deesidia's Yay/Nay stream before trying again and only getting 13/14 minutes in. It's a caricature of what your non-anime fan friend thinks anime is like after watching 5 VN and LN anime. Abysmal colors, character designs, and visuals, nothing but archetypes with painfully obvious reveals and whatnot, dismal back & forths and gestures meant to pass off as witty banter, a particularly grating "2kewl4skewl edgelord" MC, a first scene that adds literally nothing, is nothing but hot air, and borders on the pretentious, nauseating exposition and generic character intro dumps up the fucking wazoo without anything other than terrible banter to even attempt to spice them up, and like 4 other anime of their ilk. It's like your out of touch dad made an anime after watching Fate/Stay Night and Bunny Girl Senpai, and nothing else. It's a stereotype of anime, an affront to the medium itself, and I can't even stomach half an episode, let alone consider the prospect of watching 26 of these fuckers!

Perhaps some of the dated “this is 2000s anime, right?” feel comes down to how old the VN is, but it still reeks of lame, badly designed archetypes introduced in the laziest, most lifeless ways possible. DROPPED 2/10

Fruits Basket 2019
Pretty fun. Tooru is a pretty endearing dork and her female classmates are pretty fun. The boys are alright too and I like what they're setting up. Sadly, the visuals are terrible, with tons of bad CGI and shitty gradiants, and a terrible art style (particularly for Tooru and some of the boys). Imma watch the OG first and then get back to this but this is pretty fun. ON HOLD 7/10

Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu
Pretty cute and fun. Did not expect to laugh as hard as I did for a few of the jokes, primarily in regards to the main girl's embarrassing social fails. Hitori's interactions with the first girl are pretty nice. Not much more to say apart from this being the 3rd classroom CGI hellscape in a row. WATCHING 7/10

Senryuu Shoujo
The gimmick is kinda adorable, the main guy is kinda funny and a total cinnamon roll, and there's one precious scene with the main girl getting asked about how her gimmick would work in regards to the bathroom. Still, bad art style and another classroom CG hellscape. Short and sweet tho even if everything aside from the guy and a few bits with the gimmick are sorta ok at best. WATCHING 6/10
CodeBlazeFateApr 11, 2019 3:13 PM
Apr 11, 2019 7:17 PM

Apr 2016
First thoughts on the rest of the seasonal's (excluding Bungou Stray Dogs S3)

Dororo Episode 13
Getting back to the main plot of the story. Quite a bit different from the original with it's portrayal of this demon in comparison the the series from '69, but the main focus of the plot held true. Love the visuals for the the new OP and ED.

One Punch Man S2 Episode 1
Animation/artwork change is going to take some getting used to, but if J.C. Staff does the writing justice this should turn out all right.

Kenja no Mago Episode 1
My youngest brother actually recommended this LN series to me ages ago since he knows I enjoy trash Iseksai (though I haven't read it yet). Though it didn't really pull me in on the same level as Shield Hero and Slime, I think it will still turn out decently. (I hope)

Carole & Tuesday Episode 1
Everything about this was great! I've been looking forward to this series since I read the synopsis a few weeks back and was not disappointed. The set up was good, art and animation very aesthetically pleasing, and the music enjoyable. This one is definitely a keeper!

RobiHachi Episode 1
The perfect level of Campiness for my tastes. Gives me Tiger and Bunny and Double Decker vibes and I dig it! Also, the VA's are some of my faves! Definitely sticking around for this one.

Gunjou no Magmel Episode 1
Watching the Opening is enough for me to know that I'm really going to enjoy this series! Brings back all the feelings I had when watching HunterxHunter (2011) and Katekyo Hitman Reborn for the first time. (The CG is Ehh though)

Fairy Gone Episode 1
PA Works at it again with it's Top-tier artwork, Mid-tier CG use, and edgy original story writing. It does get bonus points for good use of voice actors and decent music

Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin Episode 1
Gonna watch this for the Yokai and Bishies.

Sarazanmai Episode 1
Oh my God! This is complete and utter crack and it is hilarious!

Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san Episode 1
So glad this didn't turn out to be a short form like I thought it as going to be. I needed a cute kitsune waifu in my life! Also really like this art style.

Nande Koko ni Sensei ga!? Episode 1
This is borderline Hentai and for some reason I really enjoyed it. Though my brother gave me some major looks when he walked in and this was on.

Isekai Quartet Episode 1
It's so ridiculous and I can't stop laughing!

Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 1
I'm kind of disapointed with this one. I feel if this was a short it may have been more enjoyable. There's nothing inherently wrong with it, it's just lacking for me personally. Though I am glad it didn't go the way that One room did narratively like I thought it would from the synopsis.

Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 1
Now this first episode was just all over the place in every sense of the word. I only checked it out for MADhouse studios having a hand in it. Even though it as confusing, I'm probably going to stick it out just so I can enjoy Tomokazu Sugita's voice acting.

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki Episode 1
The only things I liked about this as the animation style and the fact it's a short-form.

It would seem I dug myself into another seasonal pit.
k3ls3yr1ann3Apr 13, 2019 10:48 AM
Apr 12, 2019 1:34 PM

Mar 2016
Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san
This series turned out more wholesome than I thought while still not being able to get there entirely. I would lie if I said that I didn't enjoy the first epsiode because of this, but it still bugged me a bit. Apart from that, I'm unsure if this series will keep my interest for the entire season if every other episode will be similar to this. I mean, in how many ways can you take care of someone until it gets old to watch? I'll probably give this another episode, but I'm not sold yet.

Kenja no Mago
With TenSura having been a pretty enjoyable watch I really thought that Isekai finally understood that it takes more than just an OP protagonist to make a story interesting. Apparently, Kenja no Mago didn't get the memo, because that was a drag of a first episode. No real animation highlights except for the big explosion at the end which does not redeem the entire episode, character and expositon dumps out of nowhere and the most original idea of all, make the MC go to a magic school. After the breath of fresh air that was TenSura, the cliches in this are even more noticable. Pass.

Carole & Tuesday
Seeing how I personally hate stories that have an older generation that "just doesn't understand", I was pleasantly surprised by the first episode. I enjoyed the world and technology as well as the overall presentation and music. The only problem I have so far is the aformentioned story and characters which might very easily slip into total stereotypes, but I'll definitely enjoy the ride until that point if it should happen.

Sarazanmai
Sometimes, when I watch a lot of mediocre shows back to back at the start of a new season and nothing really moves me, I get these doubts in me whether or not I still enjoy the medium. After witnessing the first episode of Sarazanmai, I can safely say that I very much do, for this was one of the best things I have laid eyes on in a long time, let alone this season. The characters are layered and more complex after one episode than others are during their entire show, The animation is inventive and highly impressive and the world interesting and weird. If this is what the mastermind behind Revolutionary Girl Utena is capable of delivering consistently, I might have found a new favorite anime right here and will definitely have to catch up on Utena as well.
Bagira20Jun 2, 2019 1:53 AM
Apr 12, 2019 9:37 PM

Apr 2016
Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san
Not dreadful, but I was bored out of my mind when watching this. Remember when interiors were...drawn, and not full of CG and computer gradients? The uncomfortable tail raunch scene was the most stimulating part of the anime. Maybe this just ain't for me, I dunno. Maybe I’m not stressed out enough. DROPPED 5/10

Isekai Quartet
Given that I didn't like a single show in this crossover, it's clear that I would have never watched this of my own volition. 6 minutes was enough to reinforce that. Didn't even make it to the Re:Zero characters before we dropped this on stream. DROPPED 4/10
CodeBlazeFateApr 13, 2019 7:40 AM
Apr 13, 2019 11:06 AM

Apr 2016
Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 2
I just don't know how to feel about this. At some moments the story picks up just enough to make me feel like I could get interested, but over all the story is mediocre at best for me, and the dialogue just makes me cringe at points.

Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 2
And the best eight teams of the tournament have been introduced! I'm really excited to see how these match ups between theses old and new teams play out. My only issue so far is that the transitions of paneling in some of the animation feels ill timed and choppy at moments. My hope is that it will improve with later episodes.

Midara na Ao-chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 2
Another series of misunderstandings with some cute twists.

Senryuu Shoujo Episode 2
This is just too cute!
Poor misunderstood MC,
Just wants to be loved!

Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu Eisode 2
This one is great, and I don't even understand why I like it so much! I'm not usually a fan of all female or male casts, but the quirky characters make this one appealing.
k3ls3yr1ann3Apr 14, 2019 11:29 AM
Apr 13, 2019 12:51 PM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Okay, so my list isn't that long this season, let's see:

Fruits Basket (2019) Episodes 1+2
Oh my god, that's my baby. <3 Fruits Basket is one of my favorite mangas of all time and the old anime adaption didn't do justice to the manga (it wasn't bad, but the differences were huge!). These first two episodes were great, I'm absolutely in love again. Can't wait to see more of my boys Kyou and Hatsuharu.

Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 1
It's your typical harem setting, but it was okay for the first episode. Not annoyed by any characters yet, and the character design is cute. Not much happened in the first episode, but it was relaxing to watch.

Kenja No Mago Episode 1
Uhm, your typical Isekai? Not a fan yet, but it's also not absolutely horrible. Just not... great xD

Fairy Gone Episode 1
Gets a loooot of hate, but I really liked the first episode. Damn, that OST is great, that OP is amazing. CGI is a bit uncanny, but it doesn't reduce my enjoyment.

Kimetsu no Yaiba Episodes 1+2
My favorite this season along with Fruits Basket. Great atmosphere, good mix of drama and comedy moments, good music. I like the characters and the animations a lot!

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Apr 14, 2019 12:12 PM

Apr 2016
Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 2
So far this is turning into one of your typical school/comedy/harem/romance stories, which is fine. It's just so generic for me. Characters are typical, story is predictable thus far, and the plot has yet to thicken. I'll give it a 6/10 for now.

Chou Kadou Girl ⅙: Amazing Stranger Episode 2
Completely what I expected from the first episode, but the comedy is some what appealing. 5/10

Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 2
Now I'm not a huge fan of shoujo anime, but this is actually pretty good. I really like Tooru's character, she's ditzy but still seems to have a decent head on her shoulders. I think the only thing I find awkward about the animation is the smoke 'poofs' when the animal transformations occur. 7/10

Mix: Meisei Story Episode 2
Now this is really good! I can already tell that this series is going to go through several years of the MC's life through middle and high school. I love all the characters thus far, the plot also seems to be building up some decent potential for the future story. (Though I really hope it doesn't go the brocon/siscon route.) 8/10

Nobunaga-sensei no Osanazuma Episode 2
Really not tons to say about it. I feel like it's your typical loli/ecchi anime fan-service. 5/10

Kimetsu no Yaiba Episoe 2
My favorite of the season! I'm very pleased with the pacing of the story thus far, I find it perfect. They're being true to the manga thus far, if anything they may even have improved upon it in someways. I also laughed hella hard at some of the scenes in the beginning of this ep, Nezuko is just too cute! I think the only thing I find lacking is the CG. Is it overbearing and excessive? No. And I should have expected it since this is being done by UFOtable, but I just feel like some action scenes if done in CG may make the fights to come feel lacking later down the line. I have high hopes though. 8/10
Apr 15, 2019 11:21 PM

Dec 2013
Bakumatsu Crisis Episode 2 Thoughts

I hope we get something different from Mugensai II's ambition. Like I said that week I'd rather not just have an exact repeat.
Were on the right track for that right now.

Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 2 Thoughts

That "I told you not bore me" line felt so JRPG. It was great.
Like I said I barely remember the plot so this feels like a whole new experience again.
But the interactions between the characters were fantastic as you'd expect. It is definitely in the top 5 of the PRC. I just don't know if It passes the leftovers yet. Even if it isn't there score wise at the beginning I do go off trending as well. So episode 3 is going to be big here.

Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 2 Thoughts

Well there was some Meta-humor this episode taking a shot at normal club building shows about "leading them to 1st place in nationals".
But thankfully we have a good player in the show now for my hearing enjoyment and she is competent in mental traits.
This episode puts it near Fruits Baskets on my list. There will be competing for top new show.

Fairy Gone Episode 2 Thoughts

Once again the biggest issue is the OST when fighting...just distracting.
I still don't think that is enough to have this low of a MAL mean though.
I'm interested with where the plot is going, it is overdue it on the cool factor with the music but these fairy monster are interesting.

Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin Episode 2 Thoughts

Well this was a better episode, there was a bit of mystery to it.
It moved it in the direction where I'm more considering not to drop it.
Apr 17, 2019 11:45 PM

Dec 2013
Gunjou no Magmel Episode 2 Thoughts

Yeah...so with the amount I'm watching.
Being that this episodic, this is the closest on my chopping block.

Isekai Quartet Episode 2 Thoughts

We that was fucking great, this is everything that you'd want it to be.
Very entertaining, very funny, definitely top 5 worthy on my list.

One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 2 Thoughts

We do create a villain for One Punch Man, you need to make another One Punch Man.
That seems like the way we are going, Blizzard is definitely related to Tatsumaki. Probably the sister.
I'm continuing to have a better time with the show now that a solid plot is moving and the character interactions are more meaningful.

Dororo Episode 14 Thoughts

This was definitely one of the more weird episode and oddly enough it didn't end within this episode.
I keep thinking if this show can get to a 9 but I don't think so. I really feel 8 is as far as it can go with these episodic monsters.

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 14-15 Thoughts

These two episodes focused a lot of the character history of Raphtalia, some people probably thought this was pretty sad.
Mainly though I'm just waiting for them to meet the Queen already but other things keep happening instead.
It doesn't really seem the shield hero will meet her next episode either with out 15 ended.
Apr 19, 2019 9:12 AM

Feb 2017
First eps of...

Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin
Well, this mini tengus and giant tenshis thing is... creep? weird? still don't know how to describe it... and I still don't know what to expect about this show xD
Score: 5/10

Shoumetsu Toshi
This is another weird show and I am absolutely confused. I must say I watched it twice because at the first attempt to watch the first episode I fell asleep... -.-

Namu Amida Butsu!: Rendai Utena
This post will look like a compendium of the weirdest and least understandable shows of the season xD - now, Namu Amida is another one. The only thing it looks good for is... BOIS - so fangirlism works pretty well in here.

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki
This is another short... which looked too short! I expect a much more tolerable and reversed Ueno-san xD - well, that sounded so confusing -
What's wrong with the hair of the girl! xD

Still have some to watch -.- I'm so slow this season with anime...

Apr 19, 2019 9:14 AM

Feb 2017
k3ls3yr1ann3 said:

Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 2
I think the only thing I find awkward about the animation is the smoke 'poofs' when the animal transformations occur.

That smoke is because they're smoking hot xD

Apr 20, 2019 9:01 PM

Dec 2013
Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san Episode 2 Thoughts

The first episode was pretty much the same as the second episode.
They are doing well with what little is going on through monologues and what have you.

Kenja no Mago Episode 2 Thoughts

I can tell why some people wouldn't like this show, some of the characters are very typical.
This episode didn't really have much OP badass moments, more just set-up getting him into the school and then messing around with uniforms. So it definitely wasn't the strongest episode either. Things are fine with the show but it doesn't seem top-5 worthy.

Carole & Tuesday Episode 2 Thoughts

I'd probably rather watch a show about Carole in a foster home, seems fun.
With what ideals I have with music, I should like this show because I don't like all this computerized music of today already and by god is it just going to get worst in the future. You all are already all uppity with the vocaloids instead of singing that actually comes out of a human voice box. But at the same time...I don't like pop music either. It is such a torn experience.
Apr 25, 2019 9:36 AM

Apr 2016
One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 and 2
This is probably the last premiere I'm gonna watch for a while and wooo boy is this terrible! Everyone and their mother has torn the terrible visuals to shreds, what with the sheer lack of any real animation throughout a vast majority of the action scenes this episode, all the bad quick cuts with no semblance of flow or any cohesion to the point where the main fight of the episode is genuinely incomprehensible, the CGI, the inconsistent coloration for Genos, etc. etc. Sadly, this dead feeling extends to the writing as well, with tons of monologuing and joke delivery that feels absolutely dry compared to a lot of the exaggerative, punchy delivery of the first season. It's just taking itself seriously and frankly, I never cared when season 1 took itself seriously either and when that show at least banked on its stellar visuals, great music, and surprisingly decent emotional beats, and this first episode has absolutely none of that in any way, shape, or form, you know this premiere fails as a follow-up. It becomes all the more humiliating when you consider how OPM's counterpart, Mob Psycho 100, a manga written by the same author as OPM, got its adaptation's second season to practically push the boundaries of modern TV anime literally the season before this. It's embarrassing. Expect a harsh write-up once this season ends, unless the audiovisual and written presentation both improve dramatically. Judging by episode 2, it doesn't seem like that'll be happening, at least not anytime soon. WATCHING 4/10
CodeBlazeFateApr 26, 2019 5:42 AM
Apr 26, 2019 1:16 AM

Oct 2015
Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episodes 2/3
Not as good as the start. Had some decent moments but overall too run-of-the-mill for me to bother keeping up with it.

Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episodes 1/2
Happy to see BSD back, and it's with an interesting backstory arc to start off. More Dazai greatness.

Carole & Tuesday Episodes 1/2
This show really has a lot of potential. I think I'm liking it the most out of everything so far. I particularly like seeing the clash of natural vs artificially created music and all the ideas that come with it, as well as the nods to classic musicians. The aesthetics are absolutely beautiful as well.

Dororo Episodes 14/15
Sadly Dororo has seemed to be declining these past episodes, particularly these last two. The story this time wasn't all that interesting, and given how the latest episode was handled it was quite jarring compared to the rest of the show.

Fairy Gone Episodes 1-3
Nice setting weighed down by generic story, premise, and characters that I have no reason at all to care about. Nothing interesting happens and it's just a very poor experience that can't even be redeemed by any "so bad it's good" qualities.

Fruits Basket (2019) Episodes 2/3
Keeping it up with the classic shoujo vibes and nice characters. An all-around pleasant watch so far.

Isekai Quartet Episodes 1-3
Considering I like all of the shows in this crossover it's enjoyable to see the characters' interactions between each other. Short and sweet anime but that's really all it needs to be.

Joshikausei Episodes 1-3
I'm liking this more than I thought I would for a short. It's interesting to see a "dialogless" anime at the very least lol.

Kenja no Mago Episodes 1/2
Quite average OP protagonist anime but mildly enjoyable for what it is.

Kimetsu no Yaiba Episodes 2/3
Still disappointing. The training arc is a staple of shounens, but that doesn't mean it's always fun to watch; in this case it certainly wasn't.

One Punch Man 2nd Season Episodes 1-3
About as enjoyable as the first season, despite the clear downgrade in production quality. This arc is already looking to be pretty hype with the introduction of the new villain.

Sarazanmai Episodes 1/2
About what I expected from an Ikuhara show. Pretty good so far but nothing amazing.

Senryuu Shoujo Episodes 2/3
Continues its adorableness. All the characters are so precious!

Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san Episodes 1/2
Possibly the comfiest show of the season? Senko-san seems to be quite the pamperer.

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episodes 14-16
Shield Hero is just getting worse and worse at this point, with its lack of engaging content when not drawing from it's initial premise. It's sadly heading down a path of mediocrity. Some of the dialogue is getting quite silly as well...All in all very disappointing given how much better it was at the start.
Apr 26, 2019 8:48 PM

Dec 2013
Bakumatsu Crisis Episode 3-4 Thoughts

I do have to say, I do like having Chibi shorts after every episode.
Episode 3 was more a typical episode but Episode 4 was a much more engaging episode. So with that I can keep it at a 7 out of 10 for now.

Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 3-4 Thoughts

Well if Kyou Souma is going to attract a bunch of cats to the classroom. I could NOT be in the same homeroom for sure.
I don't care how cute you are, in video games we slay boars for EXP. You punch me I'm slaying you Kagura!
I'll probably look at the zodiac signs eventually to see how the traits line-up like they showed in episode 4.
But I can't really justify giving the show an 8 yet so it will also have to sit as a 7 for now.

Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 3 Thoughts

Well Satowa Houzuki got some points this episode or just thinking about it overall on being my Best Girl of the Season. She is independent, strong-willed, talented, and blunt. She checks off a lot of boxes of what i would want in a GF.

We also now have a full mission for this anime, so it will be interesting to see the progression to the end goal. For now this will be another 7 out of 10, can't get myself to give it an 8 with only 3 episodes.

Fairy Gone Episode 3 Thoughts

Well this episode they didn't try to be the bees knees with the music so it was a much better experience.
That is what really has been holding them back, I've basically gone 62 to 60 to now 61 out of 100. Either way it has been a 6 out of 10 all the way.
The factions are slowly revealing themselves, upside seems small but downside seems small as well. Just looks like an average show.

Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin Episode 3 Thoughts

Zombies...eww.
But I can't deny it was a little bit interesting. Maybe I can at least give the show a 5 out of 10 to start. There seems to be an element of reincarnation at work.
Apr 26, 2019 10:41 PM

Dec 2013
Gunjou no Magmel Episode 3 Thoughts

The show is just episodic and weird, not to mention becoming less intriguing.
I mean the episode doesn't even make sense. So I'm starting this with a 47 because if I do drop this, I rather drop it at a 4.

Isekai Quartet Episode 3 Thoughts

The only thing annoying me about this show is that IT IS SHORT.
I want more of this, I love things like this that get a bunch of characters from different worlds and see how they interact.
It is the show I'm looking to the most every week, half of me wants to give it a 77 already but I will hold back and get it a 73 for now.
There is simply nothing else I want from this show, it is everything I wanted. It is good. It is fun. There does seem to be a big of progression shown with character interaction. Being that the hand-ins are later on now then usual...it can still pass some other shows with episode 4.

One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Thoughts

Yep...freaking Saitama.
Well the Hero Hunter continues to do his thing, and it is fine.
But when it comes to building up the guy, he just took a major hit. So I'm going to start this out with a 63. I'm doing miles better then the first 3 episodes of season 1 though.

Dororo Episode 15 Thoughts

Episode 16 seems like it is going to be a big episode, which would be nice to get something different than the norm.
Hyakkimaru is definitely due to have some development.

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Thoughts

Well things are starting to turn for sure here, especially the last few minutes of the episode. It seems the x factor character has revealed itself and I'm quite anxious to see where next episode goes. Thankfully that one episode should air before the hand-in. Right now there is a fierce battle to stay in my top-5 and if we get another good episode. I don't see why Tate no Yuusha would be in contention to fall out.
Apr 29, 2019 3:41 PM

Dec 2013
Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san Episode 3 Thoughts

Everyday, All day, cosplay. Anime logic.
That amount of Tofu though...that would make me not want Tofu for a year.
Well i don't really feel comfortable moving this show to a 7, so I'm going to put it at a 64 out of 10.
I just need some consistency or progression shown for me to make that move.

Kenja no Mago Episode 3 Thoughts

Well that took a very weird turn of events. I didn't expect such a climatic confrontation so quickly.
It isn't exactly a fast pace thing either, it is more of a set-up of what is to come.
So with that I will bring this show up to a 7 out of 10 and start it with a 67. I talked about how I thought a lot of the characters were typical but the only one I feel getting on my nerves is Sicily von Claude. Total cardboard.

Carole & Tuesday Episode 3 Thoughts

Even the OP just sounds like Radio Music, something that Katie Perry would make or something. But it does seem to be popular like everything else in this show. Ultimately the show is starting at a 59 out of 100 for me. I have equally the same amount of things I don't like about the show than things I do like about the show. The overall quality will make it rise in time but for now I'm just having to wait for the progression of the world to comfort me.
Apr 29, 2019 10:14 PM

Dec 2013
Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 4 Thoughts

Whelp the pacing of the music and the pacing of the show both were off this episode.
I'm hoping this isn't one of those shows that have a good starting point but gets lost in the process of getting from Point A to Point B.
This does seem to be a brand new director as well, he has no other history on MAL.
Even scene to scene just feels off how the week is progressing.
Sadly it was just not a good episode and that is not what you want to see starting off the next segment of the PRC.
If these are common trends I continue to see going forward, the show will turn into a what could of been instead of overall enjoyable experience.
Satowa Houzuki character growth was rushed to no ends this episode, it doesn't make me like the character less, but it hurts the potential of this show moving to an 8 anytime soon.
The only bright spot this episode was showing why Chika Kudou is best boy of the season.

Fairy Gone Episode 4 Thoughts

I think 99% of the watchers expect it to be a fake black tomb.
No one is stupid enough to just drop it like that without a real fight. Sure he was shot but I'm not buying it.

Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin Episode 4 Thoughts

Well this was probably the best episode so far, just walking around and meeting the rest of the Anothers.
Most continue to show that they are very obviously to the human species, they clearly to don't understand the life and death cycle.
So will see where this continues to go but if the show has the same quality episode next week, the show will start moving in the positive direction.
May 18, 2019 10:05 PM

Feb 2017
Fairy Gone 02-05
This could really be a very good show. It's a pity they are messing it up with those unconnected flashbacks... if they made it right, we could be enjoying a really good story. Unfortunately, the pacing is awful, the flashbacks are out of place, and the story as a whole is being told on an untidy way.

Jun 9, 2019 8:33 PM

Feb 2017
Namu Amida Butsu - 07
Finally we got this episode!!

Still, I think the show lacks a lot for myself to give a higher score (even though this episode made me give it a higher one).
HibbingtonJun 30, 2019 11:56 AM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 【Anime Guild】 Opening of the Season - Day 1 (Spring 2024)

HaXXspetten - Yesterday

15 by joshua10red »»
1 hour ago

» Ishura & Tokyo Revenger

Straw_Hat_369 - 6 hours ago

0 by Straw_Hat_369 »»
6 hours ago

Sticky: » Spring 2024 Power Ranking Committee Sign-ups

Hibbington - Mar 13

44 by Tsuxken »»
Apr 24, 5:35 AM

Sticky: » 【Anime Guild】Discord Invitation Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hibbington - Aug 7, 2016

1280 by Hibbington »»
Apr 17, 10:19 AM

Sticky: » ❤~Staff Thread~❤ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mikochondria - Sep 19, 2014

1164 by RisaK »»
Apr 15, 1:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.