Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 2, 2019 3:22 AM
Aug 2016
Do you think in the future the number of robots will overcome the number of humans?
By robots, I don't mean human-like robots, but robots of all sizes and shapes, like robots for cleaning, robots for cooking, robots for working, etc.
Will humans be able to only relax and let the robots do all their jobs, or the robots will start to go against the humans and try to exterminate them and take over the planet and other planets?
Apr 2, 2019 3:34 AM

Mar 2014
what i could see from peeking into the little keyhole of the future door, in the future, humans will act more like a robot. they exist only to do the job given to them. robots will act more like a human. they interact with their surroundings, they take care of humans children (the ability of taking care of children in a humane way is very rare, even in modern day yknow) and the elderly, they'll be more forgiving than the humans, etc. although there are some exceptions but it is what considered as the "normal" daily life in the future ^-^
Apr 2, 2019 3:43 AM
Aug 2016
Navi_HelloWorld said:
what i could see from peeking into the little keyhole of the future door, in the future, humans will act more like a robot. they exist only to do the job given to them. robots will act more like a human. they interact with their surroundings, they take care of humans children (the ability of taking care of children in a humane way is very rare, even in modern day yknow) and the elderly, they'll be more forgiving than the humans, etc. although there are some exceptions but it is what considered as the "normal" daily life in the future ^-^

So what you're saying is that humans and robots will somehow ''change places''? Well, that's one way to see things.
Apr 2, 2019 4:08 AM

Jul 2015
Depending on your definition, I believe we might already be well past that point.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Apr 2, 2019 6:30 AM

May 2017
Kuroko-chan said:
or the robots will start to go against the humans and try to exterminate them and take over the planet and other planets?

wow that thing that you are smoking seems high-quality.

anyway... if the number of robots overcome the number of humans,
then the humans could not relax and let them do their shit
cuz lotta people would lose their job and the number of unemployed would increase.
I think that is what would happen or something like that.

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Apr 2, 2019 6:33 AM
Aug 2016
zBluee said:
wow that thing that you are smoking seems high-quality.

Hahaha, thanks.

*Stupid 30 characters limit*
Apr 2, 2019 6:46 AM

Sep 2017
Well, there is a possibility of this but almost a billion people are in poverty. Also, I think most people are not dumb to apply 3 laws of robotics.
Apr 2, 2019 4:32 PM

Feb 2016
Well, considering that there is a strong correlation between human development and birth rates, as the former rises the latter decreases, it's very easy to picture a world where advanced robots outnumber biological humans. In the future, when all major economies see population crises similar to the ones currently being experienced in places such as Japan and Scandinavia, 'building' a workforce to take over from humans in most sectors of the economy will become a necessity if they wish to maintain the same level of economic output with fewer people and an ageing population.

In a world where all countries have achieved a high level of human development, similar to that of modern day Denmark or the Netherlands, the global population may even be down to fewer than a billion people. As such, assuming global economic output needs to be much higher to sustain this level of development, biological humans could be outnumbered considerably by a theoretical robotic workforce.

I don't think they would ever try to exterminate us. When you consider that we place such a high emphasis on health and safety today, I'm sure there would be extensive fail-safes in place to ensure that they can't feasibly band together and kill us all. Then again, rising robotic intelligence raises the issue of ethics. When does a highly advanced robot become a living, feeling thing? When does ownership of a complex appliance become chattel slavery?
--- + ---
"Random quotes in signatures are like friends. Everyone seems to have them, except me."
Sun Tzu, probably

Apr 2, 2019 5:00 PM

Jul 2010
As a societal collapse could happens in the next few decades, I doubt that robots could become more prevalent than humans.

Apr 3, 2019 7:00 AM

Oct 2009
The way thing progressed though I'd say we're probably going ended up in an dystopic oligarchy, with robots as the wall between the rulers and the ruled. There is no guarantee that the few in power would not use it to their advantage to control the society through monopoly of means of productions, resources, and most importantly, social systems.

I'm talking about a fully automated society run by robotic workforce privately owned by large corporations, most people would lived off from universal basic income where there's no real job position to get more wealth or even access to gain ownership of anything, those large corporations would becomes the new form of governance, since ordinary people no longer held bargaining chips to power holder then we're at the mercy of their goodwill. We might even say it's a new kind of slavery, the ironic thing not being forced to work, but being let live...

It's not the robots that we need to fear, it's the humans.
azzuReApr 3, 2019 7:03 AM
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Apr 3, 2019 7:13 AM

Oct 2018
The robots will take all the jobs and humans won't have jobs= no money to buy all the shit they want you to buy.

The future looks very bleak. The AI is a danger to humanity and it should be stopped.

Apr 12, 2019 7:14 AM

Jan 2009
science and technology is a double edge sword so thats why they need regulations or ethics be applied to them

but one possibility is that because of technological singularity but future humanity can also artificially evolve to be robot like creatures (transhumanism)
Apr 12, 2019 8:53 PM

May 2018
Machines already took over food factories..Also its too early to discuss this situation..it will take a lot of time to adopt human's job..

Kuroko-chan said:

or the robots will start to go against the humans and try to exterminate them and take over the planet and other planets?

Never underestimate a programmer..They are not dumb enough to create a big breakpoint bug like this..its just that you saw too many computer scientists saying "Robots are threat to humans" , saw movies like terminator,avengers etc. and started believing in it...

For a moment think about how much data would a human-like robot needs to conquer this world..probably yottabyte or more and we can compress this issue by using nanotechnology..But nanotechnology is far behind to achieve this so its too early to discuss..

And taking over humans will come later..Highest priority will be finding this universe's answers..For example , someone created a human-like robot , now you can see what will happen..companies like Nasa will get their hands on it and will send it to space to get some more answers..Just like Interstellar scenario..

So i think that robots will never create a chaos or rebel against humans , it will be humans who will create this opportunity..

More topics from this board

» How are your cooking skills

ST63LTH - May 2

39 by juanlqr »»
23 minutes ago

» Do you collect trading cards?

Malkshake - Apr 30

30 by juanlqr »»
24 minutes ago

» How do you travel daily

ST63LTH - May 3

39 by juanlqr »»
30 minutes ago

» Have you ever been falsely accused of anything? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - May 1

57 by AdamBirch »»
1 hour ago

» How do you feel about your digital footprint becoming your digital tombstone?

Shizuna - 2 hours ago

5 by Rhae »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.