Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 2, 2019 12:01 AM

Dec 2018
Short_Circut said:
Hokage_Jason said:

See up until after I had finished it I thought Yona was something that had aired last year, so I was expecting the Yellow dragon arc to just be in the next season or something.
I'm still hopeful for a third season though, while unlikely I think it's possible.

Bokura Ga Ita is on my plan to watch, hopefully it doesn't leave me too dissatisfied.

So are the white album and white album 2 not connected? I see they're linked but as "other" which I took to imply they're more or less same franchise but unconnected stories? They both kinda seem like something I would be interested in, but the first is surprisingly lower rated so it something I should just skip?

We were There is very drama heavy, especially in the later half. Enjoyment wise I'd say it depends on how well you'd resonate with some of the character choices later on particularly the heroines.

As for WA and WA2, they're about as similar as Steins;Gate is to Robotics;Notes. May take place in the sams universe and have bits and pieces of references from time to time, but 2 completely different stories. Been awhile so I couldn't say what makes WA much lower rated than WA2, maybe because it was slower paced and/or more uneventful and some NTR here and there iirc.

WA2 does have a pretty uncommon ending for an anime in that

Aww that’s a bummer. Bad endings make me sad >.< I will never forgive (random anime spoiler but everyone and their cat has seen it)
so I may actually steer clear of WA2
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Mar 2, 2019 3:44 AM

Oct 2008
You know maybe I should be happy that the anime I like or was sad to see ending were getting continuations, but not as movies.

Densetsu no Yuusha no densetsu - is an anime I want a sequel to, or a prequel. I would absolutely love it if one came out.

Guin Saga - same as above

Grisaia had two seasons and although the story was done. I was exited that they were making a new 3rd, spinoff or alternative version. But than I found out it would come out as a movie... CRAP.

Made in abyss - same as above, screw the movie continuations of tv series.

Accel world - again movie sequel
Mar 2, 2019 5:11 AM

Apr 2017
Stories that ended randomly, like halfway or with no real ending, and it sucks:

Pandora Hearts
Loveless
His and Her Circumstances
Flowers of Evil
Moonlight Lady
Another Lady Innocent

These last two are actually hentai, but don't laugh, they were the kind that has good art and an actually interesting plot. Moonlight Lady at least came to some sort of conclusion, though with a lot of unanswered questions, but Another Lady Innocent started telling a decently engaging story and then...just stopped, just randomly, out of nowhere. I've noticed hentai does this somewhat frequently, that even if it has a good enough plot, it never gets told to completion. I wonder why.
Mar 2, 2019 7:20 AM

Mar 2018
BlakexEkalb said:
Toradora! just made me sad at the end of it...

As for shows that made me feel unsatisfied, No Game No Life. I loved the show, but that ending ended on such a cliffhanger (as they crunched the story at the last second) with so much more of the story to tell. Make a season 2 >:(
100% agree with you regarding No Game No Life, there is so much more that could have been done with it. :(

I'd also have to say Arcana Famiglia. I feel it had so much potential that was never realised.
~ JaiKane ~
Mar 2, 2019 8:59 PM

Dec 2018
Yes. The Owari no Seraph (Seraph of the End) series.

Season 2, Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen (Seraph of the End: Battle in Nagoya), ends in a cliffhanger in anticipation for Season 3. S3 hasn't been released in over three years.
Mar 3, 2019 12:45 AM

Nov 2018
Honestly? Ghibli's Arrietty kinda left me hanging. I mean it ended nicely and all that, but I still have questions?

君の声 

忘れない 

涙も 

忘れない
Mar 3, 2019 1:37 AM
Bad Opinions

Feb 2014
Most recently Zombieland Saga, but I am anticipating an announcement on March 17th. I am so ready for a S2.
Mar 3, 2019 1:51 AM

Jan 2017
No Game No Life, 100%. I mean, it does wrap up its arcs very well, and it comes off more as a 'the adventure continues' type thing, but the show is so great up to that point and it's obvious that there's a lot more to go. (It even teases some of the characters that would appear if it were to get a sequel.)

The movie was a welcome addition, and gave us some spectacular visuals, but I really do need more of Sora and Shiro's story. Having read the LNs from after the anime, it's going to be incredible. But what really clinches it for me is that NGNL is one of those adaptations that really builds on the source material with fantastic visuals that add to your understanding of what's going on. And since the next couple of novels to be adapted get pretty complicated, seeing them in anime form where they can explain it through visual means would only make me enjoy them all the more.

(Also, Konosuba. But we're getting a movie, and a potential third season if that does well, so fingers crossed.)
Mar 3, 2019 8:51 AM
Jul 2018
zieek said:
Guin Saga

+1 there was still more to be told. The saga ain't finished.

91 Days - it left me hanging with that open ending. I hate it so much. Tell what exactly happened with Angelo and Nero.

Nobunaga the Fool - I wanted to know so bad, do Jeanne and Nobunaga ended up together in the alternative universe.
Mar 3, 2019 9:06 AM
Jul 2018
UhOhSPAGET said:
Honestly? Ghibli's Arrietty kinda left me hanging. I mean it ended nicely and all that, but I still have questions?

Ah, yes. Questions concerning the boy, right? I also wanted to know
Beautiful movie, nonetheless.
Mar 3, 2019 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
I used to enjoy watching the new arslan senki then out of nowhere i lost interest i think i stopped at 18??
same for akatsuki no yona but tbh not a lot of anime just mainstream anime
i am talking about anime i at least watched a bit of it not like those where i tried the 1st episode then stopped obviously
Mar 3, 2019 9:39 AM

Oct 2009
Gangsta. comes to my mind.

It's actually a good show with a mature feel to it. Show deals with drugs, prostitution and gangs.

Because of the main studio got bankrupt, we're left with a cliffhanger as an ending. It's so damn inconvenient.

"Why don't you read the Manga, instead???" I don't wanna read the Manga. I want to enjoy the show.

So, yeah, that's a big bummer for me.
Mar 3, 2019 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
oh yeah gangsta i just stopped watching it too lol but its not like i need to create a thread about how much i hated it cause its not true i just found another anime to watch
Mar 3, 2019 9:48 AM

Oct 2017
Oregiaru as well as Akatsuki no Yona.
Mar 3, 2019 9:49 AM

Jul 2015
where is the promised Drifters season 2?
!
Mar 3, 2019 9:56 AM

Aug 2018
Hokage_Jason said:
So I’ll start with the question; Is there any anime that has left you strongly desiring more? This could be due to it being unfinished, or simply just that the ending didn’t provide you the closure you were seeking. Here are mine;

-So I just finished Akatsuki No Yona (Yona of the Dawn cause I’m a filthy dub fan) and was pretty sad to learn it aired back in 20015/16. At this point I’m thinking it’s likely they won’t pick it back up for a third season, even though there is source material for it. I would definitely like to see where it goes.

-Also caught up on Bloom Into You recently, and while the next season of that is almost sure to happen, it cannot get here soon enough.

-This is extremely outdated so I’ve had enough time to accept it already, but I’m still sad the Bleach anime didn’t run the full duration of the manga.

-I also would of liked more conclusive endings to Noragami and Welxome to the NHK, although I wasn’t entirely dissatisfied with the note NHk ended on, and I don’t think it’s impossible for another season of Noragami to happen, although even if it does I doubt it will give me the closure I wanted. I for the impression the anime wanted to avoid a conclusive romance and only hint at it.
Yes, I need more from https://myanimelist.net/anime/8086/Densetsu_no_Yuusha_no_Densetsu , I fucking love that show but the end is so unsatisfying. Also, the LN has a lot of material for more.
Mar 3, 2019 9:58 AM

Dec 2018
DaCraziGuy said:
Hokage_Jason said:
So I’ll start with the question; Is there any anime that has left you strongly desiring more? This could be due to it being unfinished, or simply just that the ending didn’t provide you the closure you were seeking. Here are mine;

-So I just finished Akatsuki No Yona (Yona of the Dawn cause I’m a filthy dub fan) and was pretty sad to learn it aired back in 20015/16. At this point I’m thinking it’s likely they won’t pick it back up for a third season, even though there is source material for it. I would definitely like to see where it goes.

-Also caught up on Bloom Into You recently, and while the next season of that is almost sure to happen, it cannot get here soon enough.

-This is extremely outdated so I’ve had enough time to accept it already, but I’m still sad the Bleach anime didn’t run the full duration of the manga.

-I also would of liked more conclusive endings to Noragami and Welxome to the NHK, although I wasn’t entirely dissatisfied with the note NHk ended on, and I don’t think it’s impossible for another season of Noragami to happen, although even if it does I doubt it will give me the closure I wanted. I for the impression the anime wanted to avoid a conclusive romance and only hint at it.
Yes, I need more from https://myanimelist.net/anime/8086/Densetsu_no_Yuusha_no_Densetsu , I fucking love that show but the end is so unsatisfying. Also, the LN has a lot of material for more.

Looks interesting I’ll have to check it out
Lolicons are scum.
Mar 3, 2019 10:09 AM

Aug 2018
Hokage_Jason said:
DaCraziGuy said:

Looks interesting I’ll have to check it out
Lol, I really enjoyed. It's one of the few shows a made a review(You don't have to read it tho). My advice, is that you should skip the first episode and watch it after episode 5 or 6. That episode by itself is a pretty bad impression. the other +20 episodes were great imo.
Mar 3, 2019 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu?? why does it ring some bells?

i guess it was that time of the year when i was trying out early 2000 anime i'm going to add it to my list
that reminds me i didnt add any of them to my list...
Mar 3, 2019 10:18 AM
May 2015
Uncharted walker
So good but cliff-hanger is very strong in this one
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2019 10:47 AM

Nov 2017
Beat me to it, I was going actually start a thread: Anime, no season 2 ever, a problem? or something like that.

Where does one begin? We get all the DBZ we want, which is nice, but. Japan, you're not really producing the season 2. I understand it's for manga sales, but Come On.

Claymore, Toradora, Haruhi................

Toradora brings you to the end and then..........

Claymore has endless manga after the anime....no news of a season 2, 3, 4 anything.

Hunter X Hunter got a great adaptation, that was nice, still is nice, still watching.

Berserk never gets a big adaptation, probably because the guy never finishes it, but there's easily another 26 ep season 2 in there after '97 that would be PERFECT, it's practically MADE for anime.

Haruhi...somebody write a lite novel or something, lets finish this story already.

Japan is like, averse to a season 2....why? Endless seasons of Jojo, which is nice. More creators need the guts and finances to finish a story.

Never got a season 2/3 of Puella Magi Madoka Magica, season 3 of Black Lagoon (that's being written right now). Puella's kind of finished, but it left us with so many questions.

I often don't understand the financial decisions Japan makes on these things.....it must have something to do with popularity of benign things like Doraemon and Detective Conan in Japan vs western popularity.

Almost makes you think Netflix needs to step in on some things......there's even been talk about a full Berserk adap, right? Which might be kind of a shame since Japan would probably do it right....but they've had 20+ years to get it done. At least they'd employ Japanese animating staff....you would hope Flix would just pay the Japanese anime industry to do it....however, whenever Netflix pays somebody, or a westerner pays somebody in the industry, somehow it turns into a bloody mess.

I think these companies really need to learn to pay for the project and let it creatively go where it will. This Hollywood technique of paying for projects and then controlling all the creative decisions for marketing/audience segment/psychographics/demographics etc needs to end. It's likely because these companies don't know the people in the industry well enough. It's artists who make great projects, it's a great team that makes a great project.

Like, Flix just said, aw fuck it, why don't we give Scorsese a ton of money to make something and have at it? Look at Roma. Know what you want, know you want it to be good, know the people, hire the good people you want.

Look at what happened to FLCL sequels and the mess that was. Now if they had brought back the original staff/artistic/creative and maybe a couple new voices? Would've been epic. That's how Trigger does it, right? They find the people and do independent, creative projects.

Anyways. Japan will write some side-along manga for something like Toradora, cool, but not something with a continuing story, unless it's a fricking game.

And yet now we have a million+ Fate series. Who even asked for that? Why!?

The world is cruel, everybody working on the wrong projects man. I guess certain things sell cheap and dirty. Other things like Spice and Wolf S2 will never get funding (shrugs shoulders).
Mar 3, 2019 12:13 PM

Feb 2019
Sekirei.

They didn't add a new season because they knew MusubixMinato shippers would be btfo when he chose Kazehana.
Mar 3, 2019 12:15 PM

Dec 2015
Gantz Second Stage messed up bad on its ending, so I made a good choice I read the manga.
Mar 3, 2019 1:22 PM
Nov 2017
Nightcrawler007 said:
One more thing I'd like to add is Spice and Wolf.

The show left off on a good note, but it'd be nice if there was an anime adaptation that would provide some closure to the journey.

98% sure that we won't get one.

Duuude, totally. I was annoyed with how they got to the best part and then just said peace out bitches.

Also Soul Eater would be cool if they continued it and didnt derail it to shit near the end.
Mar 3, 2019 2:39 PM
Sep 2018
TheJayZ said:
For me, I believe it was the JoJo series when part 4 ended.

rly??? everything from the pt 4 manga was covered and if anything part 5 at the beginning kind of gave a vague idea of what happened to a few characters. but pt4 didn't end like that friend that didn't high five you
Mar 3, 2019 2:41 PM
Sep 2018
laviha said:
Noragami, ajin, food wars, will there be another season of them

food wars will most definetly get a new series but i don't know when, how many episodes it will be or how much of the manga it will cover
Mar 3, 2019 2:51 PM

Jan 2017
DarkInsomnia57 said:
Never got a season 2/3 of Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Well, the season stood complete at 12 episodes - there was nothing else that needed to be said, the story had come to a natural end, job done. We didn't need a season 2.

And then Rebellion came along to prove us all wrong, and showed that there was definitely more to say, and it was incredible. But again, it finished. There isn't really much of anywhere it can go now - everyone's arcs are wrapped up, it's a... mostly happy?... ending for mostly everyone involved, and there isn't much more to say.

Then again, that's what I thought back in 2011 before Rebellion, so what do I know? Either way, I don't think you can really say it 'left us hanging'.
Mar 3, 2019 3:01 PM

May 2018
Hokage_Jason said:
Nightcrawler007 said:
One more thing I'd like to add is Spice and Wolf.

The show left off on a good note, but it'd be nice if there was an anime adaptation that would provide some closure to the journey.

98% sure that we won't get one.

Spice and Wolf is something I planned on watching relatively soon. Glad to hear it ends decent but sad to hear it didn’t provide complete closure.

You should. If you like a good RomCom with quite a bit of adventure and side of microeconomics, you'll love it.
Mar 3, 2019 3:55 PM

Jun 2015
kaiji [its the charcters fault he got fucked in the end] but still........... [or claymore, the one anime where the studio should have had an anime original ending]

Top 3 left you hanging:

gin no saji / Busgamer

Rank #1. Re-fuckin-zero! WHAY THE FUCKITY WHY DOESNT IT HAVE A 2ND SEASON.
Mar 3, 2019 4:39 PM
Sep 2018
TheJayZ said:
prophet_dan said:

rly??? everything from the pt 4 manga was covered and if anything part 5 at the beginning kind of gave a vague idea of what happened to a few characters. but pt4 didn't end like that friend that didn't high five you
I meant like I wanted more jojo and couldn't wait

oh sorry i misunderstood the post, my bad
Mar 3, 2019 4:54 PM

Aug 2018
Oregairu, Armed Girls and Classroom of the elite
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Mar 3, 2019 5:54 PM

May 2013
Freaking Hakuoki. All the supporting characters died, then the male mc dies, leaving behind the female mc. The female mc is a demon that hasnt been unlocked yet, so there's literally no information regarding what she will do about that.
Mar 3, 2019 5:57 PM

Oct 2011
erased, it was so bad i wanted to hang myself
Mar 3, 2019 6:01 PM

Jun 2016
Id say classroom of elites I thought it did fairly well and seeing that kakeguri got a second season I was like damn can youkoso get some love too. What sucks is that theres no english version of the novel available thats passed the fourth volume which Im trying to purchase cause I really like this series.

I wanna throw saiki kusuo in there but Id rather end there than for them to drag the series on and it potentially getting worse and worse. But it would be interesting to see the cast somehow ending up in the same college lol
ampdMar 3, 2019 6:05 PM
Mar 3, 2019 6:06 PM
Jan 2012
Space Brothers. Which was honestly understandable, it was at 100 episodes, and is ongoing. I have no problem with reading the manga, but I still kinda want more as anime, the voice acting was nice.

There's also Barakamon, Houseki no Kuni (Land of the Lustrous), and Hinamatsuri. Barakamon is kinda understandable, they used actual children's voices so they're gonna grow up and their voices will change. Land of the Lustrous is ongoing, so it'd be hard to keep adapting it as well. Hinamatsuri on the other hand has quite a bit to adapt still. They did such a phenomenal job on the adaptation too.
Mar 3, 2019 6:17 PM

May 2016
There's two animes, Trinity blood and gangsta. I've accepted that trinity blood will never get a second season however for gangsta, it's just a bit unfortunate it wasn't popular enough.
"It's not like I wanted a signature or anything...BAKA!" - A MAL user.
Mar 3, 2019 6:19 PM

Dec 2018
OnionKnightRises said:
Space Brothers. Which was honestly understandable, it was at 100 episodes, and is ongoing. I have no problem with reading the manga, but I still kinda want more as anime, the voice acting was nice.

There's also Barakamon, Houseki no Kuni (Land of the Lustrous), and Hinamatsuri. Barakamon is kinda understandable, they used actual children's voices so they're gonna grow up and their voices will change. Land of the Lustrous is ongoing, so it'd be hard to keep adapting it as well. Hinamatsuri on the other hand has quite a bit to adapt still. They did such a phenomenal job on the adaptation too.

Hinamatsuri has been on my plan to watch for ages. Just looked up Houseki, sounded pretty interesting def something I’ll watch.

It’s funny I joined MAL to find reccomendations because I couldn’t find anything to watch... but now I’m sitting here with so much I want to watch it’s hard to pick one sometimes.

Then the damn forums bait me in and waste my watching time lul
Lolicons are scum.
Mar 3, 2019 7:19 PM

Dec 2017
Kare Kano, probably my favorite anime except for the fact that it's incomplete by 8 episodes.

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

Mar 3, 2019 7:24 PM
Jan 2012
Hokage_Jason said:
OnionKnightRises said:

Hinamatsuri has been on my plan to watch for ages. Just looked up Houseki, sounded pretty interesting def something I’ll watch.

It’s funny I joined MAL to find reccomendations because I couldn’t find anything to watch... but now I’m sitting here with so much I want to watch it’s hard to pick one sometimes.

Then the damn forums bait me in and waste my watching time lul

That ain't changing anytime soon. It takes approximately 4 hours to finish a 12 episode anime, but it takes 10 seconds to add something to your watchlist.

And yeah some forum posters are so convincing. Some could even make watching grass grow seem like the most satisfying experience ever.
Mar 3, 2019 7:45 PM

Dec 2012
That would be a whole lot of stuff...

"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Mar 3, 2019 7:49 PM

Nov 2018
For me it was Madlax. There is some ending that feels like you wasted your time trying to understand the mystery. Considering the topic of war and the personal conflict between love and survival, the author could have used less supernatural explanation (drugs would have been better than ancient magic), and they could have build on that too create psychological thriller masterpiece instead whatever that was. Nevertheless, I would rewatch that just for the background music.
Mar 3, 2019 7:57 PM

Dec 2012
youthful said:
zieek said:
Guin Saga

+1 there was still more to be told. The saga ain't finished.

The author Guin Saga died without finishing the work so there can't really be anymore of that. Kaze no Stigma and Highschool of the Dead are in the same boat, sadly.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Mar 3, 2019 9:18 PM

Jun 2017
Probs one of the first anime that really left me hangin' was Btooom! the fact
at the end of the last episode really just left me with blueballs for that anime
Mar 4, 2019 12:57 AM

Dec 2017
Shingeki no Kyojin back when I first watched it in 2014.
Mar 4, 2019 1:14 AM

Apr 2012
Narutaru and KareKano are the ones whose premature endings burned me the most. Not helped by the fact that neither of them are remotely graceful about it.
Mar 4, 2019 1:56 AM
Jun 2015
Toradora~

too short for post :(((((

Mar 4, 2019 1:59 AM

Jun 2016
Black Lagoon and Berserk 1997 or gtfo
Mar 4, 2019 5:21 AM
Sep 2017
Most def Magical Warefare and School Days
Mc Basilic Stanley

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 4, 2019 11:38 AM

Aug 2017
Where is my MAGI, BERSERK, OWARI NO SERAPH, YONA,
Only one way to get continue IS====== Make petition (https://www.change.org/start-a-petition?source_location=blank_source___exp_null___direct_ask&step=ask) we will donate some amount of money or just vote for our ANIME CONTINUES!

Thats all....
magaiverixMar 4, 2019 11:42 AM
Mar 4, 2019 1:20 PM
Shattered Angel

Mar 2015
Sankarea left me hanging definitely. Started reading the manga though so I could find out what happens next xD
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7164 by PUHPUHPUHPOWER »»
39 seconds ago

» Describe an anime with zoomer language

ZakuF_ - 48 seconds ago

0 by ZakuF_ »»
48 seconds ago

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6?

Akuya - 6 hours ago

46 by ShatteredSans »»
3 minutes ago

» Would you support AI generated Anime?

Dragevard - 3 hours ago

16 by trinitroglycerin »»
5 minutes ago

» Anime you regret not watching sooner

ST63LTH - 5 hours ago

15 by Serafos »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.