Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2019 7:46 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
WE FINALLY GET SEE ERINA'S MOM!!!
(though only for 4 pages)
Feb 22, 2019 8:58 AM
Apr 2018
Another shitty parent....family drama was the only think missing in this convulated arc and again is erina's "fault" .

Next week Erina mom flashback ohhhh now im hype /s.
Feb 22, 2019 10:17 AM
Mar 2017
Damn ... I must admit that I was surprised to know the identity of the Bookmaster, if i´m sincere, i never expect that Erina's mother was someone so important, since in none of the past chapters nobody spoke of her until this chapter.
Erina will have to suffer for the whims and ambitions of her mother who made her compete in an exaggerated amount of Shokugekis against Noir chefs, which obviously Erina ended up winning.
Mana has a very intimidating appearance, in fact I find it hard to believe that Azami has managed to make a woman like her fall in love, although I can see that they have something in common, they are shitty parents and they care very little about their daughter.

On the other hand Asahi got another item to be more "superhuman", but nobody cares since we know that in the end he will lose against Souma.

I loved that Erina returned to her defiant attitude, although apparently she must have an overwhelming inner conflict inside her head, especially now that we know her mother wants her to lose (at least I see it that way) and I believe this woman is the main collaborator of Asahi.

In the next chapter we will know more about Mana, which I think is good, because that way we will know how Erina's mother got to that position of the highest elite and why she left her family.
Feb 22, 2019 10:39 AM
Jan 2017
salbery755 said:
Damn ... I must admit that I was surprised to know the identity of the Bookmaster, if i´m sincere, i never expect that Erina's mother was someone so important, since in none of the past chapters nobody spoke of her until this chapter.
Erina will have to suffer for the whims and ambitions of her mother who made her compete in an exaggerated amount of Shokugekis against Noir chefs, which obviously Erina ended up winning.
Mana has a very intimidating appearance, in fact I find it hard to believe that Azami has managed to make a woman like her fall in love, although I can see that they have something in common, they are shitty parents and they care very little about their daughter.

On the other hand Asahi got another item to be more "superhuman", but nobody cares since we know that in the end he will lose against Souma.

I loved that Erina returned to her defiant attitude, although apparently she must have an overwhelming inner conflict inside her head, especially now that we know her mother wants her to lose (at least I see it that way) and I believe this woman is the main collaborator of Asahi.

In the next chapter we will know more about Mana, which I think is good, because that way we will know how Erina's mother got to that position of the highest elite and why she left her family.

I dunno. Nakiri's father was shitty yeah but I dont think he didnt care for her. He tried to mold her to his perfect vision and set up that whole battle against elite 10 to get her back. As for her mom we'll just have to see, its probably gonna be some back story thats gonna delay the main fight.
Feb 22, 2019 12:39 PM
Aug 2016
Finally the last piece of characterization that she needed. Noice.
Feb 22, 2019 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
What the fuck happened to this series?
Feb 22, 2019 1:00 PM
Mar 2017
Versace-Senpai said:
salbery755 said:

I dunno. Nakiri's father was shitty yeah but I dont think he didnt care for her. He tried to mold her to his perfect vision and set up that whole battle against elite 10 to get her back. As for her mom we'll just have to see, its probably gonna be some back story thats gonna delay the main fight.

But in the end he ended up using Erina as a tool, which ruined her childhood.
I hope the same in the next chapter, we need to know how Mana end as the bookmaster, but maybe we end up getting more info
Feb 22, 2019 3:10 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
So both of Erina's parents are pieces of shit, huh? Well, I guess the product of two negatives does make a positive result. Anyways, Erina's mom's reveal lacked any sort of impact. Even Azami has a more interesting introduction. With so many plot points being crammed into this arc, it seems like the series is rushing towards its end.
Feb 22, 2019 3:28 PM

Jun 2014
Congrats on making it to 300 chapters, SnS. Hopefully it wont last 300 more.

Well I can't say I'm surprised about this revelation. I figured the Bookmaster would either be Souma's mom (that was more of a wild, no fucks given type of guess), or Erina's mom. And now we know for sure. Man.....Erina's parents both suck lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 22, 2019 3:40 PM

Dec 2013
Mixed feelings for the reveal of the bookmaster.

The mother is already worse than the father...
Feb 22, 2019 5:57 PM

Nov 2016
I was always looking forward to see Erinas mother, but this was once again underwhelming. She looks at least cool, tho and 300 chapters should be a reason to celebrate 🎉

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 22, 2019 7:32 PM
Feb 2018
After the reveal of Erina's mom, I feel the manga would go for much longer than expected.
Feb 22, 2019 7:42 PM

Apr 2015
300 chapters congratulations
300 chapters of foodgasm

And we finally see Erina's mother. for a long time, I thought that her mother was a nice person, because even if Azami is a bad father, he has a likeable facade, hiding his true intentions and the rest of the Nakiri family(alice's father and the director) were quite agreeable. turns out both of Azami and his wife are pretty trash.
Feb 22, 2019 7:52 PM

Jan 2018
Well, expected that bookmaster to be the mother of either Souma or Erina nothing new here.

She's hotter than Erina btw ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

First it was Erina than her father and now the mother too what's with this family anyway.
Feb 22, 2019 8:02 PM
Mar 2015
Mommy Dearest Amazing that Erina turned out as good as she did considering the shit she has for parents
Feb 23, 2019 12:15 AM
Mar 2018
Congratulations for reaching 300 chapters!!!!! The writers should take down this 'superhuman ability' b.s. They've taken it way too far. It's seriously taking a toll on me as the realistic flavour of the manga is draining away and it's dwelving more into the typical shonen type. And what the hell is wrong with the Nakiri family. First it was Erina's dad who played out the villain in the previous arc and now it's her mom!!!!
Feb 23, 2019 12:16 AM
Mar 2018
Congintive said:
Well, expected that bookmaster to be the mother of either Souma or Erina nothing new here.

She's hotter than Erina btw ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

First it was Erina than her father and now the mother too what's with this family anyway.

Last line totally agreed!!!!! And the upper one as well.
Feb 23, 2019 1:53 AM

Oct 2011
Just had to share these comments

Feb 23, 2019 7:14 AM
Nov 2016
uzee said:
Just had to share these comments

If this is true then its only gonna make up for like 5 chapters out of the trashy 250
Feb 23, 2019 7:27 AM
Sep 2018
After the Blue arc, last boss; mama yukihira!
Feb 23, 2019 8:13 AM

Mar 2015
this series really throw really bit sense of realism left it has out of window. just like making erina headmaster. this is equally stupid to that.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 23, 2019 3:19 PM
Mar 2014
300th chapter plus her Mum....
Feb 23, 2019 11:54 PM

Feb 2015
Yawn. End sooner, please.
Feb 24, 2019 8:16 AM

May 2016
Moooooooooooooo....... :' )
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Feb 26, 2019 8:46 AM

Jan 2014
why the hell her mom doesn't want her in the tournament?
Mar 9, 2019 6:01 PM

Nov 2009
OH OKKKK

so apparently both Erina's Father and Mother are Assholes... that totally makes sense.

it's no wonder why even after Erina's getting shit-on by her father, her mother never came to rescue her, only her grandfather do.

I actually thought Erina's mother died or something... guess she was just being a rich asshole the entire time behind the scenes manipulating the food world.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 21, 2019 10:35 PM

Sep 2014
Erina's mother huh? Truth be told, I didn't expect she'll make an appearance at all. Though it makes sense now because of how the arc was going.

A new revelation and a new mystery to be resolve ~
Dec 15, 2019 1:44 AM

Feb 2018
Master of WGO is Nakiri Mana.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 315 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Arjuna777 - Jun 12, 2019

134 by addictedtoliving »»
Aug 5, 2023 5:38 AM

» COMPLETED Compilation of All Recipes!

kayune_ - Aug 1, 2022

4 by reedread »»
Feb 13, 2023 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 283 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

24 by uglycat »»
Oct 23, 2022 10:42 AM

Poll: » Our Love Counseling Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2014

18 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2022 6:16 AM

Poll: » Best Girl of Shokugeki no Souma ( 1 2 3 4 )

Subbed - Apr 8, 2014

158 by Saia_er »»
Aug 16, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.