Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2019 3:01 PM

Aug 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have no idea what this is, I have no idea if it should be seen first since I've never seen a single episode of Final Fantasy nor I played the game of it, but i can easily call this short anime of 13 minutes a "a good anime"!!

Awesome fights, Awesome Chara design, awesome revelations, sad moments...Etc!

Man, i really need to watch FF asap!
ItsYaBoiSkanaFeb 18, 2019 2:31 AM
Feb 16, 2019 3:56 PM

Dec 2014
Skana said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
I have no idea what this is, I have no idea if it should be seen first since I've never seen a single episode of Final Fantasy nor I played the game of it, but i can easily call this short anime of 13 minutes a "Masterpiece"!!

Keep in mind that not every FF is related one to another. This in particular is a prologue to the Final Fantasy XV, if you want to know more about that story and world you should watch the Movie Final Fantasy XV: Kingsglaive and the ONA Final Fantasy XV: Brotherhood. Then you can play the game for all the main story, that is a 10/10
Feb 16, 2019 5:14 PM

Dec 2015
It felt rushed, and some stuff were kind of obvious. FF XV could have easilly being a 10/10 game if they actually care about those characters background instead of just ignoring them or don't treat them like they should (like this episode). At least they used the soundtrack from the game. That made the experience a lot better
Feb 16, 2019 7:26 PM

Jun 2012
I gotta catch up and finish the other DLC's before episode Ardyn comes out, this prologue was great though. I hope they extend the universe further but I doubt it since Tabata left Square Enix.
Feb 16, 2019 9:41 PM
Jul 2018
I've played FF15 and have read quite a bit into the lore. A lot of this was at least hinted at in the game but it's nice to see it finally confirmed. Some other questions were answered too. Can't wait for the DLC.
Feb 17, 2019 11:36 AM

May 2018
Whoa, that's it????????
Feb 17, 2019 2:36 PM

Feb 2013
So Somnus was also a dick.
Gotta say Noctis should have suffered even more. Having his lover replaced with a forgettable woman called Luna, which got killed, was not enough.
The whole Caelum family did not suffer enough for everything it did to Ardyn.

Hence I actually like that he won in the end.
Feb 18, 2019 2:29 AM

Aug 2018
I've never seen nor played FF so this is a first and I'm liking it.

Somnus Is a douche...

8/10

Feb 21, 2019 1:54 AM

May 2014
Skana said:
I have no idea what this is, I have no idea if it should be seen first since I've never seen a single episode of Final Fantasy nor I played the game of it, but i can easily call this short anime of 13 minutes a "a good anime"!!

You might wanna go check out Brotherhood, Kingsglaive, and the source game.

Also personally, the episode was pretty good, it made me actually wanna get the DLC more than ever considering I'm not exactly the fondest of Ardyn (Hes interesting but at the same time the game was told so (ilberd voice) SLOPPY at first & having to go back n patch everything in to get better playthroughs over time was not too great but alas, we got there) but that's Tabata's fault n not his. Also Iwasaki Taku contributed a track to it as stated by the trailer and I'm wilding out over that.

Shrug guess I'm shoving more money at Square.
Mar 9, 2019 12:51 PM
Dec 2015
An anime episode that was this minimalistic makes the game look deep by comparison. I don't know why I expected any different. RIP the possibility that any part of FFXV could've been amazing. Just let it die...
May 4, 2019 9:18 AM

Nov 2012
I really wish they would make a full FF series in this style, I loved this and Brotherhood.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Mar 17, 2021 3:14 AM

Nov 2015
the quality is shit, looks bad when they add hi res game sequences.. idk what to think heh

đź’˘

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.