Forum Settings
Forums

potential character crossovers among anime with similar themes/genres

New
Feb 15, 2019 7:58 PM

Jul 2017
disclaimer: this is not a xx vs yy thread

so i bet most of you guys have thought of it before: having different characters from different anime meeting up with each other

and you would wonder whats going to happen if they encountered each other for the first time

so in your opinion, which characters would have great chemistry or rivalry with each other from different series?

i would actually pay to support a crossover episode between slam dunk and kuroko's basketball
a showdown between shohoku vs seirin would be amongst the most intense battles

aside from it, i would like to see how sakuragi would fare against aomine perosnality-wise, and i'm feeling their faceoff would result in some of the funniest and broiest banters

it would be interesting to have sunako (yamato nadeshiko shichihenge) meeting up with tomoko (watamote)
i wonder if two of the most socially awkward girls i've known in anime would get along with each other

if onizuka meets korosensei, i bet they would have plenty experience to share with each other as they discuss about their students and their stories, their own struggles/enjoyment as teachers
perhaps they would give advices to each other too
Feb 15, 2019 8:11 PM

Jul 2017
The ultimate crossover: Inaho (Aldnoah.Zero), Eita (Just Because), 8man (Oregairu), Hirotaka (Wotaku), Tanaka (Tanaka is Listless), Oreki (Hyouka), Heroine (Amnesia)

Collection of emotionless protags in one gathering. They can all awkwardly bore each other to death in an epic battle royale
Feb 15, 2019 9:10 PM

Dec 2015
Araragi + any generic harem = profit

Jokes aside I'd like to see Naru from Ghost Hunt meet with Yusuke from Yu Yu Hakusho to see what comes out of that.
Feb 15, 2019 9:23 PM
Apr 2018
Well just being from the same creator both Mob and Saitama have similar characteristics, but still it would be a really cool to see a cross over between Mob Psycho and One punch man.

Feb 15, 2019 9:26 PM

Nov 2018
the principal from To Love RU and the slave dealer from Tate No Yuusha

I feel a bit of deja vu
Feb 15, 2019 9:43 PM

Jul 2016
Taiga (Toradora), chitoge (nisekoi), louise (ZnT), and other abusive tsundere characters in condition they all love same mc. I want to see their love story and how suffering the mc is.

MAYOISM said:

i would actually pay to support a crossover episode between slam dunk and kuroko's basketball

I think seirin will be the winner since they have 'zone'.
Feb 15, 2019 9:47 PM

Mar 2016
pokemon and attack on titan. Gotta catch all the titans.

tucker form fmab and bondrewd from made in abyss. gotta experiment on all the kids
NANACHO FOR PRESIDENT
Feb 15, 2019 9:54 PM

May 2009
As a kid I had some sort of crazy crossover in my head that involved the characters of Eagle Riders and Voltron. I even postulated that the two little guys were brothers.

More seriously, though, the only crossover I've thought to propose was between Rocket Girls, Stratos 4, and Stellvia. I did happen to watch the shows roughly around the same time, but they do have elements that make them logically go together, as follows:
* Rocket Girls - This show is about a company trying to make space flight commercially viable, in a form that'd benefit efforts to resupply space stations. The company's success means that more human-staffed space stations are viable. This is just in time for...
* Stratos 4 - a time during which the Earth is encountering a greater-than-usual number of potential meteor impacts, so an international agency sets up Comet Blaster teams to be stationed at and deploy from space stations in order to break up meteors that are headed for Earth (with the ground-based Meteor Sweepers cleaning up whatever pieces are left over).
* Stellvia - many years later, and in spite of (or perhaps because of) a planetary-scale natural disaster caused by an exploding star, humanity has further developed space technology, and has now built a series of space stations throughout the Solar System. Some pioneers are even willing to live on the space station near Neptune and Pluto, but the best known and most populous of the space stations is Stellvia, which (if I recall correctly) is the space station stationed near Earth's orbit.

I also happened to watch Sky Girls at around the same time, and I could kinda rope that in, except it isn't about space tech but rather simply about mini-mech tech, and also involves a disaster caused by nanotechnology.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Feb 15, 2019 10:09 PM

Aug 2017
I would like to see Dio (jjba) meet Hisoka (HxH). They are basically the same kind of villain
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2019 10:39 PM

Aug 2017

It appears the fan art made my thoughts clearly, amirite?
Feb 15, 2019 10:57 PM

Jul 2017
Short_Circut said:
The ultimate crossover: Inaho (Aldnoah.Zero), Eita (Just Because), 8man (Oregairu), Hirotaka (Wotaku), Tanaka (Tanaka is Listless), Oreki (Hyouka), Heroine (Amnesia)

Collection of emotionless protags in one gathering. They can all awkwardly bore each other to death in an epic battle royale

yep i would like to see this happening too
a competition of edginess i assume
i would add the guy from classroom of the elite and the mc from the irregular at magic highschool too

Lind said:
Taiga (Toradora), chitoge (nisekoi), louise (ZnT), and other abusive tsundere characters in condition they all love same mc. I want to see their love story and how suffering the mc is.

MAYOISM said:

I think seirin will be the winner since they have 'zone'.

lets exclusde zone then...
that stuff is unrealistic
not even nba players have shown to possess 'zone' whatsoever
thats basically absolute focus + adrenaline overload
physical ability-wise, sakuragi is actually on pair of kagami

Mucosa said:
I would like to see Dio (jjba) meet Hisoka (HxH). They are basically the same kind of villain

surely both of them are cunning, egocentric and manipulative
but i guess hisoka is doing it for fun while dio is exploiting others for his personal gains
Feb 16, 2019 12:37 AM

Dec 2018
I would find amusement from putting Okabe Rintaro/Hououin Kyouma (Steins;Gate) in a room with L Lawliet (Death Note).
Feb 16, 2019 12:49 AM

Mar 2017
Might be neat to see Kaiji from Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor pop up in Monster. Maybe have him get into an ill-fate contest with Johann, or receive an inspiring pep talk from Tenma.

His massive blade nose would clash horribly with Monster's art style, admittedly.

"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

"Everything... is connected." -Lain Iwakura

"Life is too short to watch bad anime. Long Live the 1st Episode Drop." -InkSpider

"Anime fans make me embarrassed to be an anime fan." -InkSpider
Feb 16, 2019 12:53 AM

Dec 2018
+1 for onizuka and korosensei meeting up.

Personally I would like Cell and Mureum to meet up, so Cell could blow his copycat wannabe ripoff away with a flick of his finger.
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Feb 16, 2019 2:11 AM
Jul 2018
I love making crossovers for things that shouldn't be crossed over
Feb 16, 2019 7:50 AM

Oct 2008
Rainbow Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin
and
91 days

Altair (Re:Creators)
and
Kumagawa (Medaka Box)

Girls and Panzer
and
Princess Principal

Zettai Karen children the unlimited Hyoubu Kyousuke
and
Bungou Stray Dogs
SofiaBulgaFeb 16, 2019 7:58 AM
Feb 16, 2019 1:14 PM

Jul 2017
GlennMagusHarvey said:
As a kid I had some sort of crazy crossover in my head that involved the characters of Eagle Riders and Voltron. I even postulated that the two little guys were brothers.

More seriously, though, the only crossover I've thought to propose was between Rocket Girls, Stratos 4, and Stellvia. I did happen to watch the shows roughly around the same time, but they do have elements that make them logically go together, as follows:
* Rocket Girls - This show is about a company trying to make space flight commercially viable, in a form that'd benefit efforts to resupply space stations. The company's success means that more human-staffed space stations are viable. This is just in time for...
* Stratos 4 - a time during which the Earth is encountering a greater-than-usual number of potential meteor impacts, so an international agency sets up Comet Blaster teams to be stationed at and deploy from space stations in order to break up meteors that are headed for Earth (with the ground-based Meteor Sweepers cleaning up whatever pieces are left over).
* Stellvia - many years later, and in spite of (or perhaps because of) a planetary-scale natural disaster caused by an exploding star, humanity has further developed space technology, and has now built a series of space stations throughout the Solar System. Some pioneers are even willing to live on the space station near Neptune and Pluto, but the best known and most populous of the space stations is Stellvia, which (if I recall correctly) is the space station stationed near Earth's orbit.

I also happened to watch Sky Girls at around the same time, and I could kinda rope that in, except it isn't about space tech but rather simply about mini-mech tech, and also involves a disaster caused by nanotechnology.

sadly i've never heard of any of the shows you've mentioned but i see their similarity
i've seen a few space themed anime but most of them are about alien invasion or advanced warfares among different factions on earth

Hokage_Jason said:

Personally I would like Cell and Mureum to meet up, so Cell could blow his copycat wannabe ripoff away with a flick of his finger.

now i see mereum does look like cell and their ideology are kinda similar, which is to rule over their respective worlds
tho i doubt they would be happy to see each other kek

Skana said:

It appears the fan art made my thoughts clearly, amirite?

not a bad art tho its weird to have luffy and sanji dressed up as survey corps members
both of their fighting styles do not suit well against fighting titans but im sure they would one shot any of them based on their feats in one piece
Feb 16, 2019 1:18 PM

Aug 2017
@MAYOISM

Yeah, it's not suitable. but seeing zoro beating up some titans honestly, is a good feel.

Also Considering how zoro often mistakes the direction he probably went there a couple times lol
Feb 16, 2019 2:42 PM

Dec 2018
MAYOISM said:
Hokage_Jason said:

now i see mereum does look like cell and their ideology are kinda similar, which is to rule over their respective worlds
tho i doubt they would be happy to see each other kek

Yeah there is a disturbing amount of parallels between the two.
The appearance is dang near copy-pasted, even the tail with the needle tip.

Their motives and personality are similar.

Even their origins are similar. Both are more or less biologically engineered from strong beings in their universes, one in a lab, one in a reproductive system.

Both hold competitions to test their prowess.

What really blows my mind about this is that the writer of HxH is perfectly capable of creating amazing characters (Killua, his father/grandpa, hisoka, chrollo and most of the phantom troop, hiei and kurama from YuYu) so why is the biggest villain of the series the biggest ripoff in anime?

Was a dissapointing choice from an author I had higher expectations for.
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 12 minutes ago

3 by Daviljoe193 »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

37 by Shirayukin »»
5 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

109 by Merani »»
11 minutes ago

» A Trend in Voice Actors in Anime

Yuu_Kanzaki - 16 minutes ago

0 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
16 minutes ago

» Great Teacher Onizuka

Enn - Mar 21, 2007

9 by DancingTheBa »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.