Forum Settings
Forums

Would you mind if violence on girls in anime and manga was used the same way as on boys?

New
Jan 3, 2019 5:01 PM
Feb 2016
We always see boys being abused by girls, have things chucked at, punched etc. But what if there was a manga where boys to all these things to girls in a humorous way eg a guy would slap a girl and she would do nothing - but not cry or anything just it wouldn't cause any big deal.
Jan 3, 2019 5:26 PM
Jul 2018
Not at all. So long as it's comedic like it is when dudes are being punched. And even then, I wouldn't mind it being non-comedic so long as it was clear it was abuse and not "yeah this is okay." Same as how if an anime had I guy getting abused but it wasn't a joke, nor was it shown as being bad, I'd probably be put off by it. I know a lot of people hate tsunderes for their abuse, but they're obviously not meant to be taken seriously. And people often whine about how women never get smacked in anime, then as soon as Aho Girl comes out everyone is all "lmao a show about a mentally handicapped girl being abused, wow that's shit." People are so hard to please.

tl;dr: No so long as it's slapstick/it's not supporting abuse. I'm the same way with guys being abused. Only comedic/shown as actually bad.
Jan 3, 2019 5:30 PM
Jul 2018
Just for the record, I'm female. No, it wouldn't bother me at all. Even if it was in a non humors manner either. Violence in media doesn't bother me much at all. *shrugs*
Edit
Unless it's towards children or animals.
Jan 3, 2019 5:35 PM
Jul 2018
I like anime where female characters get in on the fighting action, and have to take a few hits here and there. It shows just how powerful and strong they are when they get rough.
Jan 3, 2019 7:25 PM

Mar 2017
It depends on the intention. If the girl is getting raped, that would bother me depending on the attitude the author has towards it. If the author treats it like something terrible, as rape is, I wouldn't be bothered by it. If the author has a kinky or unrealistic attitude towards it, it would offend me. As long as it isn't supporting abuse, I am fine with violence in whatever I read, whether it be against men or women.
Jan 3, 2019 7:52 PM

May 2016
i don't think it would be bother me if a girl got slapped or was getting punched in the face during some fight. it just depends

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Jan 6, 2019 11:30 PM

Feb 2017
TL;TR - Females getting tortured = ero guro

its a kind of untouched subject and almost no mangaka wants to draw females getting tortured by males in their mangaka....

i can think of a few reasons but... i cant verify their authenticity alright its all from the top of my head.

'Euro guro'
its a niche manga/anime genre which is mostly seen and used in hentai/adult genre.
its associated with um..getting pleasure (sexual pleasure?) from seeing people getting tortured and in most of the ero guru manga that at least ive encountered the one getting tortured is the female by a male.

And from what ive read so far japan seems to be a conservative society with backward thinking. Otaku peeps are looked down upon and some people even associate otakuness to ero guru and even in outside world some people only know anime as hentai (like some of my irl friends...)

You can make up the rest.

So far ive found only one manga where ive seen a female getting tourtured by a male and its not a ero guro manga(at least up to this point), its name is 'prison lab'.

Jan 7, 2019 5:11 AM

Feb 2015
No. I probably will avoid it completely. I have soft spot for women in general.
Jan 7, 2019 8:25 PM

May 2015
I hate this trope, so if we could see a sort of parody that shows how stupid it is, I wouldn't mind. Any serious stuff with such violence would be ok only if it's clear from the narrative that it is not ok.
Jan 8, 2019 4:22 PM
Feb 2009
Mark_Jason said:
We always see boys being abused by girls, have things chucked at, punched etc. But what if there was a manga where boys to all these things to girls in a humorous way eg a guy would slap a girl and she would do nothing - but not cry or anything just it wouldn't cause any big deal.

Probably not. Society has raised us like that.
It's not Ok to hit girls. But then again, we should treat the as euals So go figure.
Jan 11, 2019 12:01 PM

Jan 2017
In my opinion It makes the manga more Dark and uncomfortable to read for some people...

But im not one of those people ,PLUS i like Dark Psychologycal Manga
so...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2019 2:08 PM
Feb 2016
foscor70 said:
TL;TR - Females getting tortured = ero guro

its a kind of untouched subject and almost no mangaka wants to draw females getting tortured by males in their mangaka....

i can think of a few reasons but... i cant verify their authenticity alright its all from the top of my head.

'Euro guro'
its a niche manga/anime genre which is mostly seen and used in hentai/adult genre.
its associated with um..getting pleasure (sexual pleasure?) from seeing people getting tortured and in most of the ero guru manga that at least ive encountered the one getting tortured is the female by a male.

And from what ive read so far japan seems to be a conservative society with backward thinking. Otaku peeps are looked down upon and some people even associate otakuness to ero guru and even in outside world some people only know anime as hentai (like some of my irl friends...)

You can make up the rest.

So far ive found only one manga where ive seen a female getting tourtured by a male and its not a ero guro manga(at least up to this point), its name is 'prison lab'.

I am not from Japan and I am in process of creating this manga.
Jan 22, 2019 3:00 PM

Jan 2019
Depends on the anime and character, but i feel the same way about male characters.
fx. Badass fighting scene its fine.
but Some weak moe girl/boy character getting beat up by someone way stronger fx. would make me feel sad, but its not real so i dont really care either way tbh.
Jan 22, 2019 3:30 PM

Dec 2012
If it's played for laughs or is part of the plot than I don't mind.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Feb 5, 2019 9:54 AM

Dec 2018
Would be a cool idea to show the reader how biased they are about violence against men. Same with a woman catching some hands, I'm sure it's been done a hundred times in some gritty seinens.
Feb 5, 2019 10:41 AM
Jul 2018
we got see the girl getting her ass kicked by a the mc in bunny girl senpai which was an awesome scene, if he hadn't done it I would've smashed my pc apart
Feb 5, 2019 11:01 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
No. Because I don't get offended on the basis of fictional characters, it just gets irritating when tropes are used on one gender. I fully embrace that we're equal opportunists.
Feb 17, 2019 1:04 AM

Dec 2011
I'd rather see that trope die out completely tbh, regardless of gender. But in a badass fighting scene? Absolutely yes.
Dec 22, 2019 12:23 PM

Jan 2016
No, because it's fiction.
The word elitist is stupid since it's just used by people who can't defend their favorite shows and use it on people who criticize their favorite shows.

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your favorite shounen arc?

HM0710 - Sep 6, 2021

16 by PushedCaraway »»
2 hours ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1056 by Francis_0 »»
2 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

377 by Nissy »»
2 hours ago

» When will be the next chapter of One punch Man released ?

MagrMal - Apr 23

3 by GudBoy »»
4 hours ago

» Do you guys read manga online or physically? ( 1 2 )

LemonXChio - Oct 27, 2023

67 by rurina-chan »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.