Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 1, 2019 1:37 PM
May 2017
seriously i forced myself to watch 10 episode its so boring my god nothing happend only cliche discusion for 25 minute raw
xiliawApr 18, 2022 3:42 PM
Jan 1, 2019 4:28 PM

Oct 2017
Question: Why is this anime so boring?

Answer: Because it's low on animation, it's usually stills, or cgi copypasta backgrounds. It's dialog heavy with little jokes and puns.

I like it for memes, since it's dialog heavy, there are many opportunities for screenshots. There's even memes used in the memes.

Note: I binge watched this entire series, I have no idea if these scenes are in bake.

Jan 1, 2019 4:45 PM
May 2017
lmao nice screenshot
Jan 1, 2019 5:01 PM

Oct 2017
Her:

Me:

Jan 1, 2019 5:04 PM

Nov 2016
Because it Isn't kek.

I know some people might find it Boring becasue Its more Dialogue based than Action Based but I has its action Moments. A lot of the Dialogue is pretty witty and Funny and Has a lot of meme potential.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2019 5:07 PM

Oct 2015
I get you OP, I still don't know how I managed to finish this anime. Too much talking without any purpose for the plot. It was boring yet I must say some very few talks were interesting. (not enough to forgive the boring stuff though).
Jan 1, 2019 5:18 PM

Oct 2017
What she says

What she means

Jan 1, 2019 5:59 PM
May 2017
Anowser said:
I get you OP, I still don't know how I managed to finish this anime. Too much talking without any purpose for the plot. It was boring yet I must say some very few talks were interesting. (not enough to forgive the boring stuff though).

yeah honestly its the most soporific thing ever its like an animated book with character that try to be interesting
Jan 10, 2019 5:20 AM
Nov 2015
xiliaw said:
Anowser said:

yeah honestly its the most soporific thing ever its like an animated book with character that try to be interesting
and it is very interesting I had hardly found anything boring to be honest
Jan 10, 2019 6:19 PM
May 2017
Black_Sheep97 said:
xiliaw said:

yes true i watched more episode and its actualy pretty good
Jan 11, 2019 2:44 AM
Nov 2015
xiliaw said:
Black_Sheep97 said:

glad you liked it what did you think about the toothbrush
Jan 11, 2019 6:34 AM
May 2017
Black_Sheep97 said:
xiliaw said:

tootbrush is from nisemonogatari right? iam in bakemono
Jan 11, 2019 6:36 AM
Nov 2015
xiliaw said:
Black_Sheep97 said:

xiliaw said:
Black_Sheep97 said:

oh ok , be warned you might discover a new fetish.
Jan 12, 2019 3:26 PM

Sep 2018
i dont know
i enjoyed bake quite a lot actually
loved the romantic stuff with senjougahara
but after bake everything went to shit and i found it boring.. i cant believe i sat through all of nise and neko lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2019 4:33 AM

Apr 2015
Question for you OP: Have you ever watched a movie called 12 Angry Men? It's a movie where 13 men speak in a room for 1 and a half hour and nothing really happens. Why is it so good? Because the dialouge is very engaging and interesting.

Monogatari series is something similar to that. It's just really good dialouge, along with stunning imagery. Nothing more and nothing less.
Mar 8, 2019 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
CG-Silver said:
Question for you OP: Have you ever watched a movie called 12 Angry Men? It's a movie where 13 men speak in a room for 1 and a half hour and nothing really happens. Why is it so good? Because the dialouge is very engaging and interesting.

Monogatari series is something similar to that. It's just really good dialouge, along with stunning imagery. Nothing more and nothing less.

Yes, I've seen 12 Angry Men, and I hope you're just joking when comparing its dialogues to those of Bakemonogatari. In Angry Men, it was all about psychology of the characters, logical argumentation and the build-up of tension; when the characters were speaking, you could actually see their faces and body language, the sweat on their forehead, etc.; their discussion actually made sense, reached conclusions and was a functioning driving force of the story, plus it also served as an effective portrayal of the characters' personalities. Meanwhile, in Bakemonogatari, or at least in its first two episodes (but couple of reviews suggest the further episodes are not any different), the characters spend most of their time talking about their virginity, which is totally irrelevant to the plot or the character development, and it's definitely not smart or funny in any way; and while they're having this very intelligent conversation, all the audience sees are some random shots of the surroundings and the girl's nearly-naked body (amusingly enough, a few minutes later she points out she's underage; that's just what you want, watch a naked kid). The plot (or the little of it that they managed to squeeze to all that fan service and wannabe witty dialogues) is very simple and not very engaging; plus, according to local reviews, it's repeated over and over again in the following arcs.
Simply said, it's nothing like 12 Angry Men. If you like it, very well, not a problem; but please, do choose your comparisons more carefully.
Mar 16, 2019 10:48 PM
Aug 2018
As for myself i never thought i can have so much fun just listening to two people talk
Feb 11, 2020 9:53 PM
Dec 2019
Didn't OP literally change his mind. Also,if you watch anime for the action,drop the series this ain't your cup of tea. If you have enough patience and understanding to sit through the dragged out dialogue,you will almost certainly enjoy the anime. Haven't even finished it but this really appeals to me because of it being so unconventional. That being said,apart from the animation and dialogue,the only reason I haven't dropped it is because everyone keeps insisting you have to watch the entire thing for it to make any sense of the plot,if you can even call it that. Holding off my reviews till I complete the whole series.
Feb 11, 2020 10:15 PM

Nov 2016
Idunnodo1 said:
Didn't OP literally change his mind. Also,if you watch anime for the action,drop the series this ain't your cup of tea. If you have enough patience and understanding to sit through the dragged out dialogue,you will almost certainly enjoy the anime. Haven't even finished it but this really appeals to me because of it being so unconventional. That being said,apart from the animation and dialogue,the only reason I haven't dropped it is because everyone keeps insisting you have to watch the entire thing for it to make any sense of the plot,if you can even call it that. Holding off my reviews till I complete the whole series.
Why did you revive the thread a year later then?
Feb 12, 2020 7:18 AM
Dec 2019
Afloo said:
Idunnodo1 said:
Why did you revive the thread a year later then?
Oh,this thread is pretty old... that's emabrassing
Feb 12, 2020 7:50 AM

Sep 2018
I reccomend trying Kizumonogatari to decide whether to continue the series or not. I liked some parts of Bakemonogatari, but it did have some boring moments. Kizumonogatari trilogy movies were the prequel to the whole series which were very good.

Edit: Just realized how old this thread is. Lol
Feb 13, 2020 4:25 AM
Jan 2018
The still shots where the text that popped up during scenes wasn't it
Feb 15, 2020 7:29 AM
Dec 2019
Wordplay, nuance, body language and all that is entertaining to me but might not be to another. It gets my brain ticking.

'Is the world boring, or are you boring?'
Feb 26, 2020 11:11 PM
Apr 2019
This anime has the best dialogs I have ever seen, I really think they are funny.
That's one of the reasons this is one of my favorite animes.
Feb 26, 2020 11:34 PM

Jul 2019
Same, I forced myself to watch it but I stopped at the second season of Bakemonogatari. I found it extremely boring but some say different. Some found it extremely good and that's good if they enjoy it but I did not. However, I found Hachikuji and Oshino Meme to be my favorite characters.
Feb 27, 2020 12:05 AM

Dec 2018
People have different tastes. What do you want me to say, everyone knows this so why bother discussing topics about whether something is good or not.
Dec 1, 2022 4:07 AM

Jul 2013
MetaNav said:
Wordplay, nuance, body language and all that is entertaining to me but might not be to another. It gets my brain ticking.

'Is the world boring, or are you boring?'

That quote lacks nuance and barely passes for wordplay. I hope whatever tickled your brain wasn't as elementary.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

510 by deem0n »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

26 by gauravb28 »»
Apr 23, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

518 by wimpis »»
Apr 21, 6:15 AM

» Renai Circulation ost

DexterDrubo - Apr 19

5 by hsayal »»
Apr 21, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 17, 2009

357 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 19, 7:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.