Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2018 2:27 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
so Moro the new villain is a planet eater just like Galactus then lol no wonder the galactic patrol is involve this time

its nice that Goku hinted they fought Broly, hopefully they will show the full Broly arc on the manga too in the future as some sort of backstory or flashback i guess
Dec 20, 2018 3:15 PM

Jul 2016
His move to kill planets reminded me a lot of the Genki Dama. I think I've got an idea how Goku's gonna solve this fight lol

But it's pretty cool, we're actually introducing new good guys who are strong enough to contribute to the team, without being Gods. That hasn't happened in a while.

The new villain's also pretty neat. Potentially unlimited power. Hope they don't cheap out with this arc, and have Beerus solve all our problems.
Dec 20, 2018 7:19 PM

Feb 2017
I like these new Galactic Portal members so far.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Dec 20, 2018 8:36 PM

Apr 2018
Merus seems suspicious...

Dec 21, 2018 2:12 AM
Sep 2014
qwertyMrJINX said:
His move to kill planets reminded me a lot of the Genki Dama. I think I've got an idea how Goku's gonna solve this fight lol

But it's pretty cool, we're actually introducing new good guys who are strong enough to contribute to the team, without being Gods. That hasn't happened in a while.

The new villain's also pretty neat. Potentially unlimited power. Hope they don't cheap out with this arc, and have Beerus solve all our problems.

Yea,so apparently King Kai just poached the technique from this Moro,just way inferior. Great.

Also if this Moro didn't train while imprisoned Goku& Vegeta should wipe the floor with him.

,,Unlimited power" my foot. Back in the day the energy from planet wasn't enough to finish off Frieza, Universal Spirit Bomb was needed to take out Kid Buu,the same Kid Buu that was weaker than SSJ3 Goku at the time and would be finished off if not for the energy cost issue with SSJ3.

Now? Goku has SSJ God,Beyond God, SSJ Blue, SSJ Blue + Kaio-ken plus possibly Ultra Instinct. This Maro shouldn't be even the slightest problem for them.
Dec 21, 2018 4:10 PM

Mar 2016
This would be much better if this manga just moved to a weekly release.
Dec 22, 2018 6:46 AM

Oct 2015
So that galactic patrol guy is really that strong. I wonder how strong he really is, or what technique he's using.
So in the Tournament of Power Beerus could have recruited this guy, and probably other strong people too, if they had more time. Apparently there are still very strong people in uni 7, too.

We got another reference about Broly. Damn, I understand some people wouldn't wanna read the Broly story in manga version, too, but most of us will have to wait until july to watch it, or we need to see it in extremely low quality. I just hope this arc won't involve too many spoilers about the Broly arc, or the need to know the arc.
Dec 23, 2018 2:55 AM

Sep 2014
I like where this is going. Iwas hoping we could see more of Galactic Patrol but I liked the whole backstory and the connection with Buu.
Dec 23, 2018 2:55 PM

Jul 2016
Tempus36 said:
qwertyMrJINX said:

Yea,so apparently King Kai just poached the technique from this Moro,just way inferior. Great.

Also if this Moro didn't train while imprisoned Goku& Vegeta should wipe the floor with him.

,,Unlimited power" my foot. Back in the day the energy from planet wasn't enough to finish off Frieza, Universal Spirit Bomb was needed to take out Kid Buu,the same Kid Buu that was weaker than SSJ3 Goku at the time and would be finished off if not for the energy cost issue with SSJ3.

Now? Goku has SSJ God,Beyond God, SSJ Blue, SSJ Blue + Kaio-ken plus possibly Ultra Instinct. This Maro shouldn't be even the slightest problem for them.
I think you're misremembering. The Genki Dama that killed Buu was only from Earth, but it was modified to take as much energy as possible without killing the people. Moro's obviously going a bit farther than that, but repeatedly with hundreds of planets. It's very easy to see how that could escalate into a viable threat.
qwertyMrJINXFeb 20, 2019 8:30 PM
Dec 24, 2018 8:14 AM

Jun 2017
qwertyMrJINX said:
Tempus36 said:

I think you're misremembering. The Genki Dama that killed Buu was only from Earth, but it was modified to take as much energy as possible without killing the people. Maro's obviously going a bit farther than that, but repeatedly with hundreds of planets. It's very easy to see how that could escalate into a viable threat.

The Universal Spirit Bomb was used in Dragon Ball GT to defeat Omega Shenron

I agree but i think that this new villain is not about raw strength, but he'll be about magic,tricks and deceptions
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Dec 25, 2018 12:21 PM
Sep 2014
qwertyMrJINX said:
Tempus36 said:

I think you're misremembering. The Genki Dama that killed Buu was only from Earth, but it was modified to take as much energy as possible without killing the people. Maro's obviously going a bit farther than that, but repeatedly with hundreds of planets. It's very easy to see how that could escalate into a viable threat.

No, I am not misremembering.

Here King Kai tells Goku that he would be heard through the universe:

https://www.mangapanda.com/dragon-ball/515/9

and here we got proof that this Genki Dama was even empowered with energy from Namek and Other World:

https://www.mangapanda.com/dragon-ball/517/8

And remember: this is at the point when both Gohan at full power and Goku as SSJ3 were both STRONGER than Kid Buu. The same Kid Buu SLAUGHTERED all 4 supreme kais plus grand supreme kai. This Maro couldn't deal with South Supreme Kai and Grand Supreme Kai. Explain how the hell would this guy even begin to look like a threat?

Facts look like that:

Kid Buu > 4 Supreme Kais + Grand Supreme Kai

Maro => South Supreme Kai + Grand Supreme Kai

Goku SSJ3 > Kid Buu

Ultra Instinct Goku >>> SSJ Blue Kaio-ken Goku> SSJ Blue Goku> Beyond God Goku> SSJ God Goku>>>SSJ3 Goku

Do you see my issue with this new ,,threat" and its validity?
Dec 28, 2018 1:25 PM
Mar 2018
So another powerful foe steps in after Jiren.
Jan 8, 2019 6:01 AM

Dec 2009
Tempus36 said:
qwertyMrJINX said:

and here we got proof that this Genki Dama was even empowered with energy from Namek and Other World:

And remember: this is at the point when both Gohan at full power and Goku as SSJ3 were both STRONGER than Kid Buu. The same Kid Buu SLAUGHTERED all 4 supreme kais plus grand supreme kai. This Maro couldn't deal with South Supreme Kai and Grand Supreme Kai. Explain how the hell would this guy even begin to look like a threat?

Facts look like that:

Goku SSJ3 > Kid Buu

Ultra Instinct Goku >>> SSJ Blue Kaio-ken Goku> SSJ Blue Goku> Beyond God Goku> SSJ God Goku>>>SSJ3 Goku

I think you're missing the fact that when he fought Maro the Grand Supreme Kai WAS MUCH stronger and he had to give up his God power to seal him, meaning he was much weaker when he fought Boo/Buu.
Jan 8, 2019 1:45 PM
Sep 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Tempus36 said:

Facts look like that:

Goku SSJ3 > Kid Buu

I think you're missing the fact that when he fought Maro the Grand Supreme Kai WAS MUCH stronger and he had to give up his God power to seal him, meaning he was much weaker when he fought Boo/Buu.

Doesn't change a thing. This Maro still couldn't beat Grand Supreme Kai and South Supreme Kai ( this one strength stayed the same) but Buu slaughtered them both plus 3 other Supreme Kais at the top of that. And the fight with Kid Buu happened 9 milion years after fight with Moro. I don't believe Grand Supreme Kai didn't recover during that time and there is nothing to suggest that he was permanently crippled. For crying out loud Beerus naps way shorter than this.

Also fun fact: Maro being unable to win in that fight means that this guy either:

a) is a moron and didn't think to drain energy from his enemies

b) his drain doesn't work on beings with high enough power/possesing godly ki.

Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Frieza, Broly, Buu should wipe the floor with him no problem and as the cherry on the cake if Maro (somehow) proves to be annoying they can just use Mafuba. Problem solved.
Tempus36Jan 8, 2019 1:51 PM
Jan 10, 2019 1:35 PM

Nov 2016
This seems like it's going to be a cool arc.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 11, 2019 1:53 PM
Sep 2016
Tempus36 said:
qwertyMrJINX said:

Facts look like that:

Goku SSJ3 > Kid Buu

Im jumping in pretty late but i really felt the need to correct you. First i would like to warn you that you should never use manga panda scans to support your claims, they have some of the worst translations. In the official translations King kai indeed states that, if wanted, he could "broadcast" Vegeta's speech to the whole universe, but Vegeta refuses by saying "lets not over do it" and proceeds to talk only to Earth,there was no universal broadcast. Now in regards to Namek and the underworld, the former is composed of only a few dozen people, maybe a hundred, they are not even close to the population of a small human city(wich is understandable since they almost went extinct a few hundred years ago), and in the underworld we only see Enma and his "underlings" giving their energy, not the entirety of the dimension(heaven and hell combined) and we dont know how many employees he has, so yeah that genkidama was nowhere near universal level, it was planetary+/solar system at best. Also your powerscaling is pretty off, Kid buu was, at worst, equal to SS3 Goku, thats is pretty clear for how evenly matched they were but while Goku was getting tired and hur Kid buu was still treating the fight as a joke. Now to finish it all, you are jumping into conclusions in regards to how powerful the Grand kai was, it's stated that he SACRIFICED his power to seal Molo's magic, so most of his powers was permanently lost and never came back. We dont know how poweful he was, hell he could be the most powerful Kai ever and be equal to SSG Goku, and even then he says that they could not win agains Molo, thats why he needed to sacrifice his Godly powers to defeat him. Tl;dr there is no reason to belive Molo to be weaker than Buu or evem Weaker to Zamasu given how he uses magic and only a handful of people have defenses against that
Jan 12, 2019 2:11 AM
Sep 2014
IIskandar1997 said:
Tempus36 said:

Facts look like that:

Goku SSJ3 > Kid Buu

Im jumping in pretty late but i really felt the need to correct you. First i would like to warn you that you should never use manga panda scans to support your claims, they have some of the worst translations. In the official translations King kai indeed states that, if wanted, he could "broadcast" Vegeta's speech to the whole universe, but Vegeta refuses by saying "lets not over do it" and proceeds to talk only to Earth,there was no universal broadcast. Now in regards to Namek and the underworld, the former is composed of only a few dozen people, maybe a hundred, they are not even close to the population of a small human city(wich is understandable since they almost went extinct a few hundred years ago), and in the underworld we only see Enma and his "underlings" giving their energy, not the entirety of the dimension(heaven and hell combined) and we dont know how many employees he has, so yeah that genkidama was nowhere near universal level, it was planetary+/solar system at best. Also your powerscaling is pretty off, Kid buu was, at worst, equal to SS3 Goku, thats is pretty clear for how evenly matched they were but while Goku was getting tired and hur Kid buu was still treating the fight as a joke. Now to finish it all, you are jumping into conclusions in regards to how powerful the Grand kai was, it's stated that he SACRIFICED his power to seal Molo's magic, so most of his powers was permanently lost and never came back. We dont know how poweful he was, hell he could be the most powerful Kai ever and be equal to SSG Goku, and even then he says that they could not win agains Molo, thats why he needed to sacrifice his Godly powers to defeat him. Tl;dr there is no reason to belive Molo to be weaker than Buu or evem Weaker to Zamasu given how he uses magic and only a handful of people have defenses against that

Okay first off: the last volume of DB is the only one I own and in that translation there is no mention of Vegeta refusing.

Second: Goku himself stated that he needed a minute to gather enough energy to obliterate Kid Buu, the only reason he didn't was the issue with how much energy it takes to maintain SSJ3

Third: there is literally no mention that sacrifice means that his godly ki is gone for good. This is purely your own headcanon. Ki DOES NOT work that way.

Fourth: we don't know how powerful he was that is true. However we know that after 9 milion years to recuperate his ass was handed to him by Kid Buu. As we have no reason to think that his strength was gone for good. Again : ki doesn't work that way. Well, the conclusion is pretty obvious.
Jan 15, 2019 9:07 AM

Nov 2018
Buu backstory was good cause it makes sense why he's a fat nigga lol. Merus is cool. I wouldn't of minded Broly arc adapted though.
Jul 14, 2019 7:21 PM

Oct 2013
This seems to be a very good Arc! We also have old Grand Supreme Kai's backstory included. Good to know his character is most likely gonna be used in Dragon Ball Super.
Moro seems to be interesting as well. And powerful.

Merus is strong for real. His former actions were not based on pure luck and surprising his targets. Jaco had his moment as well.

I liked how this fight had vibes of a classic western, lol.
Jul 3, 2020 11:35 PM

Aug 2012
I'm glad that we're getting a Galactic Patrol arc, after how often Jaco has shown up since Super started it's only fair that we'd get some more insight into them, and they're a pretty good source for a new big bad. I like Moro's design a lot and it's cool to see Merus being portrayed as strong too, considering Jaco has great vision but not much else.
Jun 19, 2021 3:55 AM

Jun 2019
So... Goku has found Moro. Merus is pretty strong. This arc looks promising.
Oct 18, 2021 7:22 AM
Sep 2020
Moro is kinda trash
Aug 31, 2022 1:20 AM

Sep 2009
I didn't remember this part of the Grand Supreme Kai, but it is nice to see Super being connected to more things that happen in the past.

It is a nice change of scenery to see more of the Galatic Patrol, sadly it seems the new arc will revolve, once again, around Goku and Vegeta, although with the most welcome addition of Boo at some point.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Chapter 90 Discussion

FMmatron - Feb 20, 2023

18 by Marloges »»
Apr 16, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Chapter 89 Discussion

krejola - Jan 19, 2023

18 by Marloges »»
Apr 15, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Chapter 88 Discussion

deg - Dec 20, 2022

28 by Marloges »»
Apr 15, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Chapter 87 Discussion

Silvering - Aug 19, 2022

38 by Marloges »»
Apr 12, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Chapter 86 Discussion

IrishCoffee_01 - Jul 20, 2022

30 by Marloges »»
Apr 12, 11:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.