Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 11, 2018 2:12 AM

Aug 2015
So far Tensei Shitara Slime seems the most popular anime of the season and one of the most renowed series in general. Its light novels and manga went amongst the best selling in Japan. On some of the most used streaming websites for watching anime such as KissAnime and 9Anime the first seaason has more than 20 million users and considering that it is 24 episodes it still has a long future. On other various sources it also appears to be currently the most viewed seasonal anime and with very active communities. The recent characters that were added in the main cast played an important part in this and considering that it gets the most praise it shows a lot about the franchise.
ElfezenFeb 23, 2020 7:51 AM
Dec 11, 2018 2:16 AM

Dec 2013
On MAL it’s the 4th most popular.
Dec 11, 2018 2:27 AM

Apr 2017
Elfezen said:
[

The ''top'' listings in MAL are based on ratings and not on popularity. 1) You can see that Golden Wind has way less members than the ones below it and less people have acctualy seen its anime, and on KissAnime Golden Wind is barely at 1/6 of Slime's members. 2) Pingu is not even an anime and used as a meme here thus going that high. 3) One Piece isn't even a seasonal anime and only reason its there is because it has been running for 20 years. So yea even on MyAnimeList it proves that Tensei Slime is the top.

That may be so, but in members it's still 4th here, if you look at fall show list . In the end I don't see why popularity matters much though. It does not correlate with quality. Slime isn't bad however, and I think it's popularity is relatively deserved.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Dec 11, 2018 2:37 AM

Nov 2014
MrZawa said:
That may be so, but in members it's still 4th here, if you look at fall show list . In the end I don't see why popularity matters much though. It does not correlate with quality. Slime isn't bad however, and I think it's popularity is relatively deserved.

Imo popularity matters the most in case of anime, as it's the thing that makes money, not quality. Of course, that is if we were Japanese and didn't stream it lol.

But yeah, Slime deserves every bit of popularity it gets.
Dec 11, 2018 2:43 AM

Apr 2017
Terkhev said:

Imo popularity matters the most in case of anime, as it's the thing that makes money, not quality. Of course, that is if we were Japanese and didn't stream it lol.

But yeah, Slime deserves every bit of popularity it gets.

Yes, from business perspective it matters, but that's clearly not what OP was attempting to say. I think shows should be compared by quality, because that's what's most important for consumer, not popularity, that only matters to whoever creates it. And as you mentioned, our views do not translate into profits anyways, unless we buy merch or something. OP was also comparing pirate sites. And OP was attempting to imply that it's popularity implies it's quality, or so did I understand the last sentence.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Dec 11, 2018 3:04 AM

Dec 2013
Elfezen said:
G_Spark233 said:
On MAL it’s the 4th most popular.

The ''top'' listings in MAL are based on ratings and not on popularity. You can see that Golden Wind has way less members than the ones below it and less people have acctualy seen its anime, and on KissAnime Golden Wind is barely at 1/6 of Slime's members. Pingu is not even an anime and it is used as a sarcastic joke here thus having that score. One Piece isn't a seasonal anime and the only reason its there is because it has been running for 20 years. So yeah even on MyAnimeList it proves that Tensei Slime is the top.

No this is the 4th most popular based on members. It’s the 3rd highest score of the season.
Dec 11, 2018 5:12 AM
Jan 2018
It's doing great in Japan to manga sales and light novel sales have increased alot.

The manga is the 9th most sold series in Japan this year.

And the light novel is 5th or 6th

Anime network has the chart somewhere
Dec 11, 2018 5:15 AM
Mar 2018
Guys I wanna.ask something this is a 2 cour right? That means it will continue in next season right?

Usually does that mean the popularity of the show will started to go down or something? Cause next season a lot of high profile show like kakegurui and mob psycho is coming, not to mention if my prediction is correct the 2nd coming of another re:zero in term of popularity AKA the shield hero will aired right?

Does that mean a continuous series like slime won't get the same level of exposure like as much as this season is?
Dec 11, 2018 9:55 AM
Nov 2018
Briandias said:
Guys I wanna.ask something this is a 2 cour right? That means it will continue in next season right?

Usually does that mean the popularity of the show will started to go down or something? Cause next season a lot of high profile show like kakegurui and mob psycho is coming, not to mention if my prediction is correct the 2nd coming of another re:zero in term of popularity AKA the shield hero will aired right?

Does that mean a continuous series like slime won't get the same level of exposure like as much as this season is?

But one can see it in another way because having aired this season means that slime will have a fan foundation already and a great head start compared to the shows that will air next season.
Dec 11, 2018 10:26 AM

Mar 2017
Goblin Slayer and Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai is more popular at this point. But who cares!
Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken is undoubtedly one of the best and unique isekai anime out there.
One of isekai anime that I actually enjoyed including Konosuba, Rezero and Grimgar.
Dec 11, 2018 3:46 PM
Mar 2018
LiedElfen said:
Briandias said:

But one can see it in another way because having aired this season means that slime will have a fan foundation already and a great head start compared to the shows that will air next season.

I see that's another way to see it huh
Dec 11, 2018 10:44 PM
Jan 2018
Minar-kyun said:
Goblin Slayer and Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai is more popular at this point. But who cares!
Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken is undoubtedly one of the best and unique isekai anime out there.
One of isekai anime that I actually enjoyed including Konosuba, Rezero and Grimgar.

You are a man of culture.
Dec 11, 2018 11:01 PM

Jun 2012
It doesn't surprise me.

This anime is REALLY fucking good.
Dec 12, 2018 1:23 AM
Dec 2018
Exactly,This Isekai Anime Best For Watching..
Dec 12, 2018 8:11 AM

Oct 2014
It's the most popular two-cour show both in popularity and in score, at least, no matter whether they are currently in their first half or second half. That includes any split cours that are now in their first or second cour.

Bunny Girl Senpai has both a higher score and is more popular, but it's only one-cour.

Goblin Slayer has a higher popularity but a lower score, but it's only one-cour.

Jojo 5 is a sequel that has higher score but a lower popularity and it's a three-cour series

SAO:Alicisation is a sequel that has higher popularity but a lower score and it's a four-cour series (though I heard rumors that it will be a "dual split cour", as in two two-cours with a break in-between).

The thing with Slime is that it takes its time, or more precisely takes twice as much time in comparison to other LN adaptations, with 8 episodes per volume as opposed to the standard 4 episodes per volume. So it feels like despite being at episode 11 it feels more like it's at episode 5 or 6 right now. It basically covers in two cours what other LN adaptations would cover in one cour.
Grey-ZoneDec 12, 2018 8:18 AM
Dec 12, 2018 8:43 AM

Oct 2013
Like, how my exam is over, I think it is time to give this series a try, I read about 10 pages of the manga and stop, simple because the overall premise didn't sound interesting.

I will give the anime a shot, and also Goblin slayer which I have heard a lot of controversy about and sao new season.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

290 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Apr 21, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Jiharo - Feb 11, 2019

227 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 19, 5:17 AM

» rimuru is the bad guy

Rukasumi - Apr 11

2 by felixsifuri »»
Apr 12, 11:53 AM

» Help my fellow weebs

Lonely_kun - Apr 5

27 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 7, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

287 by iggggi »»
Apr 7, 5:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.