Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School Rumble
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2008 8:06 PM
Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ahh, pity Tsukamoto didnt realise fully what Harima's intentions were...
Still, towards the end you feel pity for him.. Alone in his birthday, ahh dude...

Hehe, Sawachika being nice... kawaii
Ahh well, we'll see how it goes in the next episodes...
May 2, 2008 5:10 PM

Jul 2007
haaa, yaya poor Harima...
Aug 21, 2008 6:54 AM

Jan 2008
More Sawachika!
Poor Harima :/
Aug 24, 2008 5:36 AM

May 2008
Well nice like always, especially since eri-chan without pigtails although it was only short
Sep 7, 2008 7:41 AM

Sep 2008
Tsukamoto is so dumb,lol, poor Harima...

Sep 11, 2008 3:46 PM

May 2008
poor harima.
xP

Oct 2, 2008 4:13 PM

Nov 2007
lol I love the clown horn sound effect XD

Nov 10, 2008 11:58 PM

May 2008
I'm not sure if I missed something, but why did Sawachika say idiot near the end of the episode? It's right after the dinner is over and Harima tries to tell about his birthday.
In the End, was it worth it?
Apr 7, 2009 12:51 PM

Aug 2007
Mmm. Brains.

And I feel sorry for Harima. :(

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jul 6, 2009 5:06 PM
Jul 2018
Tenma is so fucking annoying.... even in my country its rude to behave like that when someone else is paying the bill.

She isnt dumb, she is a retard. I dont get why he doesnt choose eri or yakumo...
Jul 27, 2009 4:22 AM

Dec 2008
That dinner scene was great...glad we got to see Eri.
Oct 14, 2009 1:36 AM

Oct 2008
I found this episode only ok in comparison to the other episodes. Didn't find the earlier part of the episode funny.

Also, I know this is part and parcel of her character, but I found Tenma really annoying at the dinner scene with her behavior, especially since she is not the one paying for it. Having the guts to ask for more and more servings when the restaurant is already so expensive. Not to mention suggesting that eating contest to Harima's younger brother. She's just so damn thickheaded that it turns me off at times like this.
Nov 6, 2009 7:22 PM
Apr 2009
Fun ep, exemplified kenji's desperation and tenma's idiocy

Interesting that sawachika seemed to notice kenji liked tenma at the end, so far it's the first time anyone's noticed in the whole series
Jan 7, 2010 4:02 AM

Nov 2009
leondunkleyclark said:
Fun ep, exemplified kenji's desperation and tenma's idiocy

Interesting that sawachika seemed to notice kenji liked tenma at the end, so far it's the first time anyone's noticed in the whole series

No im pretty sure akira noticed awhile ago, in the first season i think it was when both hanai and harima's spirits were down and she said she'd have a way to make them regain them. She used tenma for harima and yukamoto-kun to make them regain their enthiusiasm
Jul 12, 2010 7:09 PM

May 2010
Haha, I liked when Harima's sister was singing the OP of the first season in her sleep, and I heard in English because I watch SR in dub version.. nice reference to the first season :P

Haha, "Can you afford a place that has a dress code?" Akira is the best :D

Poor Harima.. also, I wasn't expecting Eri to pay!
Aug 30, 2010 10:40 PM
Jun 2010
So confused....early in the episode he had the money to pay...then all of a sudden he didn't, kinda strange. Oh well, and yeah, Tenma needs to gtfo. Go Eri.
Oct 18, 2010 10:17 PM

Dec 2009
Hageshiikaze said:
So confused....early in the episode he had the money to pay...then all of a sudden he didn't, kinda strange. Oh well, and yeah, Tenma needs to gtfo. Go Eri.
I thought he had like 40,000 yen on him. I don't think that was even enough for one person.
I really couldn't be bothered to come up with a clever signature at this time. So right now I will go ahead and say nay and move on with my business
Feb 1, 2011 5:23 AM
Dec 2010
Harima under-comes one sad unlucky experience after another. Poor being.
Eri-chan is suprisely good girl time to time :)
Tanma-chan is dense as usually hehe :P
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Sep 11, 2012 11:43 PM

Nov 2007
poor Harima they were going to put him in a huge debt till predictably Rich Girl was there.

then he's alone on his birthday. no luck that guy.
Sep 13, 2012 12:54 AM

Apr 2009
carnivorous said:
I'm not sure if I missed something, but why did Sawachika say idiot near the end of the episode? It's right after the dinner is over and Harima tries to tell about his birthday.

I'm a little late to the party and don't know if you still care but... By now the show has hinted strongly that Eri may have feelings for Harima. Eri notices that Harima is trying to get together with Tenma by trying to mention its his birthday tomorrow. Since she kind of has feelings for him, she is somewhat upset by that. A subtle jealous response.

The fact that she takes care of the bill for Harima is also a small sign that she wants to help Harima out perhaps out of her true feelings for him. She does this under the guise that she wants to help Tenma though to mask her true feelings.

All in all. I loved the video game style parody in the first half haha I appreciated that. Visual novel game style. The way Eri handled the bill. LIKE A BOSS. GO SAWACHIKA~
Recruit of Buddha Nishimoto's Secret Meetings.
May 2, 2013 12:08 AM

Aug 2012
I don't think Tenma's annoying. She is funny and awesome.
Poor Harima, alone on his birthday....
I honestly don't like Eri ever since the first season. I just don't like her... >.>
Nov 9, 2013 2:29 PM

Mar 2010
I laughed so hard, excellent episode

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 19, 2015 7:22 PM

Feb 2013
I lost it when Harima was looking at the prices. I was cringing! That's way too expensive! Good thing Eri was there to save the day. Good on her. Harima definitely owes her.
Dec 27, 2015 2:18 PM

Jul 2014
I was genuinely scared for Harima there, haha.

4/5
Apr 26, 2016 5:40 PM

Jul 2015
I think Eri figure out that harima love tenma, it make me sad since i ship EriXHarima so much !
Nov 20, 2016 7:25 AM

Mar 2015
Eri paying the bill is yet another reason why she's BEST GRILL. And should end up with Harima, though that probably won't happen.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
May 25, 2017 10:51 AM

Aug 2014
Damn! Eri-chan is the best!
Poor Harima is too shy with Tenma :(
Tenma still too dense ;/

The first part with dreams was also great, so was the small part with traps in Itoko room but too cruel ;/

Great episode, not the best but great!
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 20, 2017 10:37 AM

Feb 2012
Harima just can't say no to Tenma lol
poor guy

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jun 9, 2019 9:31 AM

Jan 2013
Rasco said:
I laughed so hard, excellent episode

lol so you like these kind of shows huh? as for me this was one of the most painful and uncomfortable ride to go through. this is why i hate restaurants. smh sunglasses.
Jun 28, 2019 12:58 PM

Apr 2013
Aww Harima is all alone on his birthday? That's kinda sad. He should've invited Eri, I still think that's the best pairing.
Jul 7, 2019 8:58 PM
May 2016
Incredibly cringy episode :(
Dec 1, 2019 7:41 AM

Nov 2016
Tenma as the perfect heroine, tho.

Really laughed my ass off with this episode. The part with Osakabe-senseis traps was especially good.

Too bad that Harima's effort or true intention wasn't recognized, but at least his ass was saved by Eri-chan xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 22, 2023 3:04 AM

Aug 2014
Another garbage episode (since episode 7 of season 2, all have been bad).

HOWEVER, it got some HArima-Eri moment in this episode, so that made it worthwhile
Aug 1, 2023 12:20 PM

Nov 2010
In the beginning, that Tenma x Harima scene is such a tease!

Holy moly! The price of that food is as much or more than what I pay for anime figures. Spending so much on food that you'll shit out, in the end, is never worth it for me.

Harima trying to act "rich" by talking about autumn leaves was so funny. It's been a while since this show made me laugh this much!
Eri is hands down the top waifu of this show!
Sleeping Itoko is so sexy and vulnerable. I want to screw her!
Dec 10, 2023 3:23 PM

Jun 2021
165, 165 everywhere. But still, it was a funny short sequence.

YES! YES! STOP BEING A DREAM AND JUST BECOME TRUE, HARIMA X TENMA COUPLE. But... no, "Only In Dreams", literally. Weezer would be proud. No, seriously, that school confession scene at the sunset was so beautiful i actually dared to think it was actually happening during my first watch in 2008, but it was just too good to be true.

Itoko, all those traps aren't... a little... too... an excess?

Harima and his brother reunion had an actually pretty funny moment, the older one looked not so glad of the offer but then accepted and gave a thumbs up along with him to... the audience?

why bringing akira, of all people? WHY? Always a contender with anegasaki for the title of worst School Rumble character, and i'm not changing my mind anytime soon. i remembered a restaurant awkward subplot and in fact, it happened here. Poor Harima (pun intended). Luckily Sawachika was there and saved the situation, a class act for once. But absolutely not ship material with him, sorry. Even i won't defend Tenma here for ordering unaffordable food to oblivion, but i'd still choose her clumsiness and weirdness included.
Feb 17, 4:35 PM

Jul 2022
lmao I felt bros pain when they kept ordering more food. It would've been nice if they celebrated his birthday in the end, poor Harima T-T

More topics from this board

» how annoying (the show i mean)

kisami - Jul 8, 2008

6 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Yesterday, 11:50 AM

Poll: » School Rumble Ni Gakki Episode 24 Discussion

Zerachroma - Mar 25, 2008

30 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 18, 6:01 AM

Poll: » School Rumble Ni Gakki Episode 21 Discussion

43 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 17, 3:28 AM

Poll: » School Rumble Ni Gakki Episode 20 Discussion

33 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 17, 2:13 AM

Poll: » School Rumble Ni Gakki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - May 20, 2008

51 by Internextion »»
Apr 12, 9:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.