Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2018 11:10 PM

Oct 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the invaders or whatever had Sepia take over in place of Cobalt. Her character is changing from being timid to assertive. They made another Iczer (whatever an Iczer is) and are now having Sepia and Iczer 2 fight Nagisa and Iczer-1.

That's what I could pull from what's going on. I often wonder who comes up with these ideas. I feel like whoever came up with this one envisioned a sprawling sci-fi epic, but because of budgeting, had to condense it down into a 1.5 hour OVA series. It's sad, but this anime is just... not that good.

Jan 22, 2019 4:58 PM

Feb 2013
Awe... I wanted to see Cobolt's mangled-by-a-giant-mech-hand body. They give me all sorts of gore but not that?
May 14, 2021 1:41 PM

Aug 2017
Iczer Sigma had...funnels? Like in Gundam? Or is it the other way round? That's a cute detail. I actually thought that maybe this idea was borrowed from training droids in Star Wars, the ones used by the Jedi for training.

BurntJelly said:
Awe... I wanted to see Cobolt's mangled-by-a-giant-mech-hand body. They give me all sorts of gore but not that?

I had the impression that Cobalt reverted to her "original form" after dying, that is, to a green Ctulhu mess.
St0rmbladeMay 14, 2021 1:58 PM
Dec 15, 2021 1:51 PM

Oct 2018
The directing of this episode was really good, A lot of cool shots and the animation quality vastly improved over the first one. Incredible attention to detail with the buildings crumbling, the aircraft taking off and heavy use of black to depict shadows with eye-popping effects animation over the dense saturated backgrounds. Now, we have another modified Iczer. As expected the next battle is against Sepia but didn't expect the battle to not start in this episode. Kinda funny how they only show Nagisa's right nipple and always try to hide the left one in the position of her synchronizing inside the Iczer robo. Not as much as body horror in this episode with only one or two scenes. A bit disappointed they didn't show Cobalt's disfigured face. The use of music was also surprisingly good. One more episode to go and looks like it's a fat one.
Nov 5, 2022 5:02 AM
Jul 2020
Can't say enough of how beautiful the animation for this classic OVA and the story continues to deliver on its horror/action genre in this second act. Truly scary moments really mirror well the fluid animation that gives the show a distinct flavor that is common among the golden era of 80s anime. Gotta say though Nagisa was getting on my nerves, glad to see her attitude rounding into form and really rooting for poor Sepia-knowing oh too well her inevitable demise will be as tragic as watching poor Cobalt die. Hate the alien forces, but I have huge crush on those two tragic lovers- Cobalt & Sepia.
Jul 3, 2023 11:48 AM

Nov 2012
I'm convinced the entire plot/story was an afterthought, they did these really impressive designs and visuals (which are admittedly completely gorgeous) and then came up with everything else on the fly
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Oct 2, 2023 9:02 PM

Oct 2021
The scale of the attack went way up! Lots of cool scenes, but I need more boobs, lol.

No wonder this was made by the same studio as Bubblegum Crisis. I could feel it on the backgrounds, that actually got better in the second episode.

Mar 21, 8:11 PM

Oct 2023
Almost an entire episode dedicated to the characters and world destroying building, and the action didn't let up a bit!

I'm getting the impression that this OVA is tokusatsu influenced to its core. The music in this episode, more so than the first, really came across like it could've been ripped right out of a Toei joint releasing at the same time. The visual style and overall design was strongly indicative of this already, but now it's almost impossible to ignore.

Great stuff!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tatakae!! Iczer-1 Episode 3 Discussion

N3rdieBirdie - Oct 29, 2018

9 by PlasticRobot »»
Mar 21, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Tatakae!! Iczer-1 Episode 1 Discussion

N3rdieBirdie - Oct 29, 2018

24 by PlasticRobot »»
Mar 21, 7:36 PM

» First gore anime?

AtomicWeed - May 28, 2017

5 by AtomicWeed »»
Jun 24, 2017 10:08 AM

» Is Iczer supposed to such an unlikable person? (spoilers)

Fronzel - Feb 8, 2011

2 by shakeyourpup45 »»
Jun 23, 2017 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.