Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jan 14, 2019 8:13 PM

Jun 2015
so far it just gets straight to business
Jan 17, 2019 7:13 AM
Apr 2016
Damn the Cow Girl at the beginning.. Less gore, less *darkness* I think I prefer it this way.
Feb 5, 2019 12:18 PM

Jun 2011
so they really did skip over the team building/character bonding between healer girl and goblin slayer.. like wtf when did they team up?

more girls incoming, 1 busty red haired who sleeps naked, and new elf girl.. why am i not surprised.

naise 10min (obv exaggeration) of narration of your backstory, goblin slayer-san.

dropping.

also reading some of the reviews, do people really think this is some kind of masterpiece..

nippon desperately need to make a great fantasy series, they haven't done so in decades.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 8, 2019 4:33 AM

Mar 2015
The farmer girl is cute!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 16, 2019 9:04 AM

Sep 2012
ToG25thBaam said:
so they really did skip over the team building/character bonding between healer girl and goblin slayer.. like wtf when did they team up?

more girls incoming, 1 busty red haired who sleeps naked, and new elf girl.. why am i not surprised.

naise 10min (obv exaggeration) of narration of your backstory, goblin slayer-san.

dropping.

also reading some of the reviews, do people really think this is some kind of masterpiece..

nippon desperately need to make a great fantasy series, they haven't done so in decades.

always expect rushing in short series like 10ep-13ep
Aug 17, 2019 7:24 PM

Jun 2011
Sugram22 said:
Yeah I know.. it sucks that most anime nowadays are just promotional sub-piece for the original source. Even 26 episodes series like Toaru Majutsu no Index s3 was being rushed from what I heard. Don't get why anime studios think it actually helps the series by rushing it like that.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 18, 2019 2:12 AM

Sep 2012
ToG25thBaam said:
Sugram22 said:
Yeah I know.. it sucks that most anime nowadays are just promotional sub-piece for the original source. Even 26 episodes series like Toaru Majutsu no Index s3 was being rushed from what I heard. Don't get why anime studios think it actually helps the series by rushing it like that.

i think they think this parts they leave out is boring to some and then ppl complain ho things get dragged 2long, or they just want to save money hopefully they do better with s2, but this series got 8/10 from me
Sugram22May 22, 2022 10:30 AM
Feb 12, 2020 2:07 PM

Apr 2013
So even Goblin Slayer has a childhood friend, huh? A much tamer episode than the first one, looks like soon their group will get a lot bigger. Wonder if those three new characters have a quest for him.
Mar 31, 2020 10:09 AM

Aug 2018
Witch is soo sexyyyyyyyyy also Cow girl too.
Apr 26, 2020 6:45 AM

Jul 2013
I definitely would've shown the sister being tortured. I mean, we're probably supposed to care about her more than random adventurer girls in episode 1. In the previous ep, GS sees the tortured girls and is like "business as usual, gotta kill goblins," but we don't see his reaction when he was a kid and his sister was raped and tortured to death in front of him? The first time he saw a horrific scene like that, with his own family, too?

And why the hell isn't the Priestess more affected by what she's seen? She seems pretty chill about the whole thing. I mean, she didn't know them very well, but after seeing the Warrior guy ripped apart, the Fighter raped and brutalized, and the Wizard stabbed in the gut, poisoned, and euthanized, she's just like, "okay, let's go slay some goblins now." Isn't she having nightmares? Is she not traumatized? She's a 15-year-old girl who can do 3 miracle spells before she's useless in a fight. She's a prime target for rape goblins. Goblin Slayer will protect her, but it's hard for me to believe she'd willingly go near goblins again.
May 9, 2020 4:36 AM
Oct 2016
towelgirl21 said:
I definitely would've shown the sister being tortured. I mean, we're probably supposed to care about her more than random adventurer girls in episode 1. In the previous ep, GS sees the tortured girls and is like "business as usual, gotta kill goblins," but we don't see his reaction when he was a kid and his sister was raped and tortured to death in front of him? The first time he saw a horrific scene like that, with his own family, too?

And why the hell isn't the Priestess more affected by what she's seen? She seems pretty chill about the whole thing. I mean, she didn't know them very well, but after seeing the Warrior guy ripped apart, the Fighter raped and brutalized, and the Wizard stabbed in the gut, poisoned, and euthanized, she's just like, "okay, let's go slay some goblins now." Isn't she having nightmares? Is she not traumatized? She's a 15-year-old girl who can do 3 miracle spells before she's useless in a fight. She's a prime target for rape goblins. Goblin Slayer will protect her, but it's hard for me to believe she'd willingly go near goblins again.

She is very affected. Maybe you should continue watching the show or reading the rest of the story.
May 9, 2020 11:11 AM

Jul 2013
UTJeff316 said:
towelgirl21 said:

She is very affected. Maybe you should continue watching the show or reading the rest of the story.

I will. I haven't dropped it or anything. I just know I'm not nearly as tough as she is.
Aug 28, 2020 9:54 AM

Jul 2015
Infamous legacy among fellow adventurers, lot of stacks, great armor, a big tiddy childhood friend, inducing fear in the eyes of every goblin whose fate is certain death when your eyes meets him...Goblin slayer you lucky bastard.

He got quite the dark past, no wonder he's so obsessed with goblins.

Mar 22, 2021 4:21 AM

Oct 2020
Man this was an ok episode

He's childhood friend is introduce in this one
Mar 28, 2021 11:44 PM

Jun 2020
The unease continues

now the OP is revealed which is that I'm ngl a fit for the series they made the OP like agitating to compliment the series itself which was a perfect touch.

and the ED as well a nice metal band feel which is a fit for Goblin Slayer of how tough-looking he is and I liked it as well still no name for the priestess (might edit this If I'm wrong) but all in all I was excited for the OP and ED and it did not disappoint.

and my anxiety continues further to the 3rd episode
Jul 9, 2021 5:45 PM

Jul 2019
That hot waifu is a childhood friend of the Slayer?? Well, what a guy to think about. And he really hates goblins given his lil monologue on them. A bit too much really. Must have some real beef with goblins.

As for the new Link looking dudes. Let's see what's in store.
Oct 15, 2021 7:10 PM

Apr 2020
Goblin Slayer's monologue is kinda deep
Mar 11, 2022 9:19 PM

May 2020
That red-haired chick hot af, or more so every other girl in this series. Though Goblin slayer's backstory did justify his rage against goblins.

More partners incoming I guess.
Apr 21, 2022 3:54 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So far so good. It feels like a movie. The fantasy rpg whatever aspect is there, but the focus is not "let's level up and get stronger!" There's an actual story here to tell about a messed up dude who was severely traumatized in his childhood and is now heavily driven by mindless revenge. As long as it keeps up this tone, I think we're in for something good.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 5, 2022 11:51 AM
Nov 2020
"Imagination is a weapon" "Those who lack it are first to die" I have never heard such accurate facts until now.. Goblin Slayer BIG BRAIN MOMENTS
May 22, 2022 10:34 AM

Sep 2012
not only the newbies but all adventurer's are morons there don't see the need to kill goblins and they say slayer gives bad name for silver rank, they give silver rank a bad name well not only silver rank but to all adventurer's
Aug 31, 2022 11:55 AM

Nov 2010
I thought the goblins were using human females to breed. I guess not. It's just r*pe & murder. At least they eat them in the end. The nice meat wasn't put to waste! I would love to indulge in it if given the chance.
Sep 5, 2022 12:26 PM
Sep 2020
Why are people watching this ???
Mar 31, 2023 4:56 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
The fan service is top tier!!
May 6, 2023 6:17 AM
Dec 2022
pretty noice, I'm still watching it but the vibe and dark moments are more than enough to make me like it
Jul 24, 2023 11:46 PM
Feb 2022
man this show is cheesy
Aug 2, 2023 4:56 AM
May 2021
I had a vibe his village was ravaged by goblins for sure and it is true. Loving this dark isekai
Sep 18, 2023 12:35 PM

Jul 2016
"Welcome back."
"Ah."
"Are you hungry? Want me to make you something?"
"Ah."
"I'll make you something delicious!"
"Ah."
*Roll ED*
Intentional or not, that was gold.

Man was rocking the most badass armor in the room and he still got his getup dissed smh. Kinda love how he's so specialized in goblincide that he immediately uses a priestess spell to make a goblin gas chamber of all things.
Nov 9, 2023 8:28 AM
Nov 2023
Gud, too much temptation though lol
Dec 4, 2023 7:17 AM

Nov 2023
I like that cow girl, very yummy tasty woman
Dec 16, 2023 8:04 AM
Jun 2022
Ed Theme Is Nice But Other Than That , What The Shit Am I Watching ?
Feb 26, 8:15 AM
Dec 2020
too graphic. not for me. Didn't sign up for this pfft, death is fine but harming women is not.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2018

197 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 10, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.