Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 11, 2018 12:54 PM
Sep 2017
So first of all, I'd like to tell you that I'm a huge fan of the original Radiant manga, I read all the volumes that came out in France, I waited so much for this animated adaptation, and it's where it gets complicated: this adaptation destroys TOTALLY the manga, its rules and its message. There are 3 things in this first episode which destroy everything that Tony Valente has done in his manga :

Note : all the manga scene i'll show you were translated from the French by myself (it's my mother tongue)

First : THE NEMESIS ATTACK
In the manga, when the Nemesis come in the Pompo Hills, he don't attack Seth or the people, he does nothing, it's Seth who attack the Nemesis and not the opposite, the Nemesis is only defending himself from the Seth's attack. At the end of chapter, the Nemesis looks cute. Tony Valente wanted to say that the Nemesis are not really bad, it's only the people who attack them because they think they are evil. The anime fuck all of that, since it's the Nemesis who attack the first Seth and Tommy.

Second, they remove a VERY IMPORTANT scene from the manga : this scene is
where he realizes that he's done bullshit and that he's starting to understand that acting like a retarded shonen protagonist will not give any results, this scene is really important, she highlights the message from the manga, it's a very important relfexion scene :

And finally, third, i see a lot of people who are saying that Seth is a random shonen MC, but it's all wrong, Seth has a very advanced developpment, compare the Seth of the 1st Volume and the Seth of the 10th volume, they are not the same characters, he has grew up, he had a lot of experience between those 10 volumes, he went through battles, he saw people dying by Nemesis or by the Government, he learnt a lot of things, and he came out matured. The people who compared Seth with characters like Natsu or Asta are all wrong, Seth is a very good, deep and developed character, not just a random shonen MC. Now, i'll show to you a VERY important spoil to prouve you that Seth is not that stupid and naive, you are warn, it's a very important spoiler in the story :

I could still say about things that annoy me in this adaptation, like the fact that Seth can use Fantasia with gloves, whereas he can't use Fantasia with gloves in the manga, but i don't want, i wanna see more episode to see if they have really missed this adaptation or they just missed the 1st episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 12, 2018 2:30 AM
Jun 2014
You say all I wanted to say and I couldn´t say better.
I love you <3
Oct 12, 2018 2:38 AM

Dec 2009
There is already a topic about this : "Disappointing changes from manga", but yeah I agree with this.
Now I think we can just watch this adaptation like the Game Of Thrones adaptation from A Song Of Ice And Fire books, mostly good sometimes, but also have a good amount of shit world breaking removal/addition.
Also all your images are broken to me. I don't see them.
Oct 12, 2018 4:24 AM
Sep 2018
Yeah is sad :( I hope they Will make the good things but later
Oct 12, 2018 10:10 AM
Sep 2017
So, it seems that the pictures doesn't work, so i repost them : i warn you, they are STRONG SPOILER from the 4th first volumes : PS : I've translated myself the scene from the manga from the French (it's my mother tongue)

The Nemesis never ATTACK Seth, he only defends himself :

Why does they remove this VERY IMPORTANT scene ?!

SETH IS NOT A MAINSTREAM AND RANDOM SHOUNEN MC

Oct 12, 2018 9:18 PM

Apr 2018
First: in the anime ,the protagonist attacked the nemesis twice before the nemesis attacked him after being calm during the first or second attacks ,so they clearly were hinting at that and i think it is better to hint at such stuff during the first ep than revealing such important shit during the first ep

Second:so much development from ep one isn't the best thing to do after we just met the character so it is better to make him realise how stupidly he is acting in later episodes
Oct 13, 2018 8:27 AM
Jul 2012
JugoKun said:
So, it seems that the pictures doesn't work, so i repost them : i warn you, they are STRONG SPOILER from the 4th first volumes : PS : I've translated myself the scene from the manga from the French (it's my mother tongue)

pictures still don't work ^^
Oct 13, 2018 8:32 AM

Mar 2016
ugh, no wonder why I felt so unimpressed through just two episodes
Oct 13, 2018 8:55 AM

Dec 2009
Damn the second episode is so awful...
Oct 13, 2018 9:01 AM

Apr 2016
This used to be an english site.
Oct 13, 2018 9:05 AM

Dec 2009

Yeah I know, it don't change the fact the episode is really bad, censored as fuck and destroying pretty much all the interests for characters of the manga so far. Seriously Seth saying he wants to be the "best sorcerer" is so annoying and source material breaking I'm now bald from tearing my hair out.
Also the Quartet not trying to kill Seth and not crippling the town folks will have a huge impact to the following chapters

Also they seriously removed the best scene from chapter 1 : Seth kidnapping a girl and her brother to save them from the nemesis. That was so unexpected and funny in the manga while also making the point that Seth is no better than the Quartet/Nemeses that it was absolutely a must have to put on a Radiant adaptation... yet it's not here and Seth is just another fucking generic shonen hero... FUCK THAT.
Batora07Oct 13, 2018 9:10 AM
Oct 13, 2018 9:22 AM

Sep 2017
I completely agree with you! I was never able to finish the manga because of life but I do remember the first bunch of chapters.... I was annoyed.... However from the start I honestly had low expectations for the anime as I didn't want to disappoint myself so it wasn't a giant shock for me...

My List
Hall Of Quotes
Set By Transience
Oct 13, 2018 9:36 AM
Sep 2017
anilandrot said:
JugoKun said:

pictures still don't work ^^
AH ! That's a problem :/
I fixed this, now there's no probleme

The Nemesis don't attack Seth, he only defends himself :

Why they delete this scene ? :

SETH IS NOT A RANDOM MC, HE HAS A STRONG DEVELOPEMENT (strong spoil, you are warn) :

JugoKunOct 13, 2018 9:43 AM
Oct 13, 2018 9:50 AM

Dec 2009
@JugoKun : Thank you ! Just seeing this reminds me how bad the anime is... I just want to cry despair tears... TT^TT
Oct 13, 2018 9:53 AM
Sep 2017
Batora07 said:
@JugoKun : Thank you ! Just seeing this reminds me how bad the anime is... I just want to cry despair tears... TT^TT
I really hope that the 2nd part of the anime (Rumble Town) will be better :/
Oct 13, 2018 10:42 AM

Dec 2009
Not having much hope for this sadly seeing how badly they failed the introduction.
Oct 13, 2018 3:31 PM
Jul 2012
@JugoKun thanks for reuploading the images. I was interested in this show after the introduction, however after the 2nd episode it was kind of boring. Might check out the manga though, it looks pretty good actually.
Oct 14, 2018 12:13 AM
Sep 2017
anilandrot said:
@JugoKun thanks for reuploading the images. I was interested in this show after the introduction, however after the 2nd episode it was kind of boring. Might check out the manga though, it looks pretty good actually.
It's a good thing if you want to read the manga, actually, to comparate him with the anime, it's like Tokyo Ghoul manga and Tokyo ghoul anime, the manga is 100× better, more interresting themes, more characters development and more feelings, more humor and more sirousness
Oct 14, 2018 1:31 AM
Jul 2018
Good thing I skimmed the whole page so I found this thread. It said the manga is way so much better than the anime, haha...no wonder....I thought that this is just another under-average shounen anime after watching EPs 1. Seems it's not. I think I will read the manga, then. Wait, just realized it is published in France. Guess I will just stuck with the anime...
Oct 14, 2018 2:13 AM

Dec 2009
Kaith_Zith said:
Good thing I skimmed the whole page so I found this thread. It said the manga is way so much better than the anime, haha...no wonder....I thought that this is just another under-average shounen anime after watching EPs 1. Seems it's not. I think I will read the manga, then. Wait, just realized it is published in France. Guess I will just stuck with the anime...

It has been released in english too.
Oct 14, 2018 3:01 AM
Sep 2017
Kaith_Zith said:
I'm really glad to hear this ^^, yeah, the anime REALLY suck, in the manga, a lot of actual themes are discussed (racism, islamophobia, xenephonia, capitalism, ecology, ...) the autor saw a lot of racism and islamophobia when he was joung, as he has grew up in a unfavored neighborhood where there was a lot of cultural and ethnic diversity (we call that a "banlieue" in french). The anime make my really sad, since he remove all the good stuff from the manga, all the touching scenes are gone, for example, in the manga, when Seth reallizes that he is the one who allowed the Bravery Quartet to put their plan into action and that in the end, he is responsible for everything , it's really more touching in the original source :

They make Seth look like a stupid generic MC with no depth, but he is really well developed in the manga, he is touching, friendly and he is far away from this shit Seth anime character who just want to be the best sorcere, in the manga, Seth say HIMSELF that he never wanted to be the best sorcerer !

as i've already said, the anime is like the Tokyo Ghoul adaptation : the manga is 100 times better
Oct 14, 2018 3:13 AM
Jul 2018
Batora07 said:
Kaith_Zith said:

It has been released in english too.

Really? Thank you! I will try to find one.
Oct 14, 2018 3:16 AM
Jul 2018
JugoKun said:
Kaith_Zith said:
I'm really glad to hear this ^^, yeah, the anime REALLY suck, in the manga, a lot of actual themes are discussed (racism, islamophobia, xenephonia, capitalism, ecology, ...) the autor saw a lot of racism and islamophobia when he was joung, as he has grew up in a unfavored neighborhood where there was a lot of cultural and ethnic diversity (we call that a "banlieue" in french). The anime make my really sad, since he remove all the good stuff from the manga, all the touching scenes are gone, for example, in the manga, when Seth reallizes that he is the one who allowed the Bravery Quartet to put their plan into action and that in the end, he is responsible for everything , it's really more touching in the original source :

They make Seth look like a stupid generic MC with no depth, but he is really well developed in the manga, he is touching, friendly and he is far away from this shit Seth anime character who just want to be the best sorcere, in the manga, Seth say HIMSELF that he never wanted to be the best sorcerer !

as i've already said, the anime is like the Tokyo Ghoul adaptation : the manga is 100 times better

Wow... I can't wait to read the manga! Just finished EPs 2 and I am looking forward reading the manga. Thank you so much for the explanation!
Oct 14, 2018 3:23 AM
Sep 2017
Kaith_Zith said:
JugoKun said:

Wow... I can't wait to read the manga! Just finished EPs 2 and I am looking forward reading the manga. Thank you so much for the explanation!
You'll see, the 1st volume is good, but the best is yet to come ! For the first arc, the action will reach its peak in the volume 3 and 4
Oct 14, 2018 5:39 AM

Dec 2009
JugoKun said:
Kaith_Zith said:

You'll see, the 1st volume is good, but the best is yet to come ! For the first arc, the action will reach its peak in the volume 3 and 4

I agree wholeheartedly with what JugoKun said.
Also this :
JugoKun said:

This is also 100% true, I felt the same disappointment when I watched Tokyo Ghoul season 2 after reading the manga just before the released of second season than I felt watching those 2 first episodes. They're basically destroying the background and consistency of the source material by removing important and well crafted details that helped to introduce the reader to the Radiant universe as well as breaking simple logic and destroying future character developpement that has already been released in Japan in the first manga volumes (so they really don't know where they're going with this adapatation), so the added material is completely the opposite of what is supposed to be shown in future episode... I don"t understand what the hell they were thinking with these changes for this adaptation.
Oct 14, 2018 6:44 AM

May 2017
now I know why the anime score is low
thx man....
Oct 14, 2018 8:28 AM
Jul 2018
JugoKun said:

So I finally read vol. 1 and you are right, they didn't put the details on anime, and there was differences. O_O

Vol 3 & 4? Still have to wait for months then. Can't wait to read more! And I love what Alma said: " You don't born as a human, you become one." I mean physically we are, but what she means is beyond physical thing.
Oct 14, 2018 9:31 AM
Sep 2017
Kaith_Zith said:
JugoKun said:

So I finally read vol. 1 and you are right, they didn't put the details on anime, and there was differences. O_O

Vol 3 & 4? Still have to wait for months then. Can't wait to read more! And I love what Alma said: " You don't born as a human, you become one." I mean physically we are, but what she means is beyond physical thing.
Yeah, keep this sentence in mind, because she'll be reused in a very badass scene in the vol. 4, i thikn the manga is really more developed than the anime, there are more deep scene like when Seth reallizes his mistakes, even the manipulation and the mind of the Bravery Quartet is better, in the manga, it's dramatic, nothing indicated their manipulation, so in the anime, it was predicable as fuck.
Oct 14, 2018 9:33 AM
Sep 2017
Kaith_Zith said:
JugoKun said:

Also, i saw that the 4th volume will be released in USA the 12th March 2019 and the 4th April 2019 in UK
Oct 15, 2018 12:17 PM

Mar 2013
japan shit in every people face when they adapt something from other country, after all they KNOW better how to make a good story /s

don't know what people expected tbh
Oct 16, 2018 9:49 PM

Apr 2018
Just read this new interview with the author https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2018-10-16/new-york-comic-con-2018-interview-tony-valente-creator-of-radiant/.138241

In the anime, will there be some differences from your manga?
"Some of the episodes are completely original. The first half of the season is a rewrite of the first volume, so it's not an exact adaptation of what I wrote. However, the second arc sticks closer to the story. The major plot points and lines are the same, but some details may be different. Characters don't always come out in the same way and don't interact the same way as the manga. Dragunov also has an entire episode for himself, and it seems that his voice actor is quite popular. The staff tried to build the universe and the characters for a younger audience."

How have your French fans felt about your success?
"They're very supportive and excited. I hope they'll enjoy it even if it's not the same as the manga. People don't like when it's different, but I did let them know that the anime will be different and some will probably just stick with the manga."

TL:DR the anime is different cuz is for a younger audience, stick with the manga if you don't like it lol
killuaxgonOct 17, 2018 11:08 AM
Oct 17, 2018 4:44 AM

Aug 2017

For those who can't read french it says that ep 1 to 5 will adapt the first manga volume and that there will be some differences in some scenes like the order of introduction of the differents characters, then there will be a few original episodes adapting the training of Seth with Yaga on Artémis and also the development of Mélie doc and Seth as a trio. Finnaly, the second half of the anime will precisely adapt the Rumble Town arc. The author also said that it will be a shame to keep pointing differences between the anime and the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2018 5:23 AM
Sep 2017
A-K-A said:

For those who can't read french it says that ep 1 to 5 will adapt the first manga volume and that there will be some differences in some scenes like the order of introduction of the differents characters, then there will be a few original episodes adapting the training of Seth with Yaga on Artémis and also the development of Mélie doc and Seth as a trio. Finnaly, the second half of the anime will precisely adapt the Rumble Town arc. The author also said that it will be a shame to keep pointing differences between the anime and the manga.
Nope, in fact, he said "I wanted to share that with you because I know how we can all focus on the differences between manga and animated ... It would be sad to keep a list of all that is not in one where is in the other ^ ^ " He not said it's a SHAME (:o) to see the differences between manga and anime, he only said it would be sad (¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
And here, it's not like we yell at the minor differences like Tommy or something else ... Here, we are pissed because a big part of the message from the original manga is gone, i don't mind about changes between manga and anime, as long as the original message is not deteriorated by those differences. For example, Tommy could be a good character, because he brings innocence to the anime, he looks the world with his child eyes, he don't understand the hate against the sorcerers etc ... ^^

Oct 17, 2018 5:31 AM

Dec 2009
JugoKun said:
A-K-A said:

Nope, in fact, he said "I wanted to share that with you because I know how we can all focus on the differences between manga and animated ... It would be sad to keep a list of all that is not in one where is in the other ^ ^ " He not said it's a SHAME (:o) to see the differences between manga and anime, he only said it would be sad (¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
And here, it's not like we yell at the minor differences like Tommy or something else ... Here, we are pissed because a big part of the message from the original manga is gone, i don't mind about changes between manga and anime, as long as the original message is not deteriorated by those differences. For example, Tommy could be a good character, because he brings innocence to the anime, he looks the world with his child eyes, he don't understand the hate against the sorcerers etc ... ^^

^This. Also those "minor changes" are actually huge changes (Seth's gloves, Bravery Quartet's behaviour, Seth having a friend) since they are changes that completely destroys the universe of the manga since all those elements are importants later in the plot. I don't mind Tommy that much, but since his appearance destroys the fact that Seth struggled all of his life to get friends until he met Doc and Mélie this is not a "minor change" at all. Same with the way he uses the Fantasia, the fact that he can use it with his bare hands is what makes him special even to other sorcerers and is the reason why he and Alma have to be cautious when he's using Fantasia so that the Inquisition won't chase them because someone saw him using it without using "feather-gear".
Batora07Oct 17, 2018 8:56 AM
Oct 17, 2018 10:09 AM

Aug 2017
Batora07 said:
JugoKun said:

^This. Also those "minor changes" are actually huge changes (Seth's gloves, Bravery Quartet's behaviour, Seth having a friend) since they are changes that completely destroys the universe of the manga since all those elements are importants later in the plot. I don't mind Tommy that much, but since his appearance destroys the fact that Seth struggled all of his life to get friends until he met Doc and Mélie this is not a "minor change" at all. Same with the way he uses the Fantasia, the fact that he can use it with his bare hands is what makes him special even to other sorcerers and is the reason why he and Alma have to be cautious when he's using Fantasia so that the Inquisition won't chase them because someone saw him using it without using "feather-gear".

I didn't say those where minors changes (since I didn't read the manga) I just translated what the author said (and since the changes you're talking about seems to be that big of a deal I don't think the author was refering to these ones)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2018 10:14 AM

Aug 2017
Batora07 said:
JugoKun said:

I didn't mean to make it sound like a reproach but he did say "ce serait dommage" wich litterally mean that it would be a shame ^^
Oct 17, 2018 11:05 AM
Sep 2017
A-K-A said:
Batora07 said:

I didn't mean to make it sound like a reproach but he did say "ce serait dommage" wich litterally mean that it would be a shame ^^
Oh, so excuse me ^^
Oct 17, 2018 12:16 PM
Sep 2017
@Batora07 @Kaith_Zith Who, guys, i just realized something which will a VERY important impact on the following episode (Rumble town arc). In the next episode (episode 3), we'll see the first meet between Seth and Alma, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to recount, because, in the manga, Alma has a loss of memory of her first encounter with Seth, and the bandage which Seth has on his face has a link with the encounter between Seth and Alma and with the main antogonist of the series whose we don't know anything ! It's a mystery on the Seth's past and what happened before the time during which Seth and Alma are together. It will be a strong problem for the next of the series :

So, what do you think about that ? :/
Oct 17, 2018 12:41 PM

Dec 2009
JugoKun said:
@Batora07 @Kaith_Zith Who, guys, i just realized something which will a VERY important impact on the following episode (Rumble town arc). In the next episode (episode 3), we'll see the first meet between Seth and Alma, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to recount, because, in the manga, Alma has a loss of memory of her first encounter with Seth, and the bandage which Seth has on his face has a link with the encounter between Seth and Alma and with the main antogonist of the series whose we don't know anything ! It's a mystery on the Seth's past and what happened before the time during which Seth and Alma are together. It will be a strong problem for the next of the series :

Since we don't know yet what'll be shown in the next episode which seems to be a flashback episode (they seriously dragged too much the show on the pompo hills at this point), I don't think we can already state that this part is impossible. For example if we see only the lynching from his childhood it will still be ok (even if it's way too soon to see such thing regarding the plot).

But yeah, if they show us how Alma and Seth met this will be a huge "WTF? moment" since we still don't know atm with the source material + the facts you mentionned that I completely agree with.

Also what bothered me at the end of the episode (lol ok they destroyed the gloves haha, but he still casted spells before they were destroyed which is impossible with Seth in the source material) it's the change of colors in his eyes.

Also WTF Lerche :

Lerche seriously tried way too much to get his own "Naruto" that it copied almost every goddamn things from it even if the source material don't... :/
Oct 17, 2018 1:14 PM

Dec 2009
killuaxgon said:
Just read this new interview with the author https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2018-10-16/new-york-comic-con-2018-interview-tony-valente-creator-of-radiant/.138241
[...]
Characters don't always come out in the same way and don't interact the same way as the manga. Dragunov also has an entire episode for himself, and it seems that his voice actor is quite popular.

Actually what he said is good filler by my book, and developping characters and switch the way they appears is the kind of things I like in anime adaptation as long as the importants bits are still there. So far it has been terrible because it removed completely the sense of danger emanating from the Bravery Quartet (they definitely want Seth to die, as well as the town's folks), and Tommy is a pure incoherence for Seth's character development. Also they completely failed to show to the viewer the IMPORTANT details that Tony thought about the use of Fantasia by Seth in the 1st volume (EVERY time he uses fantasia he removes a glove off his hands or don't wear one). It's really important for his reasons to
as well as for
But a full episode on Dragunov is the kind of thing I look forward because he's a character I'm really liking, as well as more scenes with Mélie and Doc on Artémis.

killuaxgon said:
The staff tried to build the universe and the characters for a younger audience.

I seriously don't get this sentence... How can he says that the Rumble Town Arc will be close to source material when he then says that's a show for kids. Because from the parts that have been heavily censored from the manga that have been adapted right now it really don't feel like it will be as faithful as he says.
Also I've already read that statement on facebook a few weeks before the anime aired, but recently he definitely said that the show was aimed for "young audience" in this interview
And to me it's really like trying to adapt "Jojo" or "HunterxHunter" to younger audience, it won't work because what makes them so likeable is the way they don't mind killing off characters in brutal ways (and also the bizarre mix between adventure, action and the way the characters are interacting with each others).
And I found that Radiant was also really closer to these mangas than it was with Naruto or even One Piece. There are some brutal death in Radiant (and by brutal I don't say they are graphically violent but just happens in such a fast way that we sometimes don't even have the time to fully grasp what the hell happened) and that's something I'm really fond of.

Because this is so rare to see an author being bold enough to kill off characters like this and don't make their death in a theatrical way where the Main Character holds the dying character and where he ask to the MC to take care of his children,dogs, mom, wife/sister and to remember the MC to turn off the oven he forget... Seriously EVERY GODDAMN manga/movie/book on earth uses this "death trope" and it's time we move on, and see death as it is really, either brutal or either way too long and painful. Jojo, HunterxHunter and Radiant are three mangas I can always quote as the best in the way they remove characters from the story.

So when I read that the anime will be aimed for young viewers I seriously thought (and that was also the proof) that the guys at Lerche definitely haven't read the manga.

killuaxgon said:
TL:DR the anime is different cuz is for a younger audience, stick with the manga if you don't like it lol

But I really want to like it TT__TT
Batora07Oct 17, 2018 1:38 PM
Oct 19, 2018 5:48 AM
Jul 2018
JugoKun said:

Uh...I don't know what to say since I'm more interested with the manga route... x_x I don't think I will follow the anime anymore...
Oct 19, 2018 7:53 AM

Jun 2014
As someone who has never read the Manga, I'm actually really enjoying this Anime, so I don't see the problem.

Oct 19, 2018 1:32 PM
Sep 2017
Seiya said:
As someone who has never read the Manga, I'm actually really enjoying this Anime, so I don't see the problem.
So, i'll do a synthesis of what pissed the manga reader :

1 : Important scenes for the development of Seth which are gone or less good than in the manga : This scene will be very important for the Seth's development in the next of the series, and in the anime, it is nowhere

And this scene in the bank which is in the anime, but which is VERY stronger in the manga, she had a role in the Seth's development too

2 : In the manga, the Nemesis NEVER attack Seth or the villagers, he only defend himself of the Seth's attacks, or, in the anime, he attack Tommy first. Even in the manga, Seth is supprised of the docility of the Nemesis when he captures it

3 : In the anime, for the moment (it can change in the following episodes and we hope that), they make Seth look like a random shonen MC who want to be the best Sorcerer, but in the manga, Seth is a really deep character, with a strong psychological development and background

4 : In the next episode, they will show a flashback of Alma which show us her first encounter with Seth ect ... But it's impossible, since in the manga, Alma had a loss of memory of that time. If it was only that, there are no problems, but this fact will have an important role in the next of the series, as her loss of memory has a link with the mysterious Seth's pass and with the main antagonist of the series.
I hope they'll not do too much change in this episode

It's nearly all what we are pissed of in this anime
Oct 20, 2018 6:31 AM
May 2015
JugoKun said:
Seiya said:

3 : In the anime, for the moment (it can change in the following episodes and we hope that), they make Seth look like a random shonen MC who want to be the best Sorcerer, but in the manga, Seth is a really deep character, with a strong psychological development and background

Ok that was good....but what chapter is that? All I can find are the first 4 chapters.......
Oct 20, 2018 6:50 AM
Sep 2017
SovereignSky said:
JugoKun said:

Ok that was good....but what chapter is that? All I can find are the first 4 chapters.......
Chapter 28 (vol 4)
Oct 20, 2018 8:17 AM

Aug 2015
not all manga are 100% faithfully followed or more less its nearly all anime that don't add completely everything from its source.. i think you shouldn't let these things destroy your enjoyment of the adaptation because we re only 3 episodes in..but then again if you want to completely shit on the adaptation its up to you and you don't have to watch it.
Oct 20, 2018 8:41 AM

Dec 2009
ZephenX said:
not all manga are 100% faithfully followed or more less its nearly all anime that don't add completely everything from its source.. i think you shouldn't let these things destroy your enjoyment of the adaptation because we re only 3 episodes in..but then again if you want to completely shit on the adaptation its up to you and you don't have to watch it.

We're shitting on it because filler material they put on these 3 episodes destroy some important scenes in later volumes as well as not making any sense with the plot so far in the manga.
Oct 20, 2018 9:08 AM

Jan 2017
Batora07 said:
We're shitting on it because filler material they put on these 3 episodes destroy some important scenes in later volumes as well as not making any sense with the plot so far in the manga.

I think at this point you'll have to distance yourself from the manga and look at it only as an anime. Even the author said it right? That the adaptation will be more aimed for kids, so you can't expect it to be the way you know the manga is, and it will most likely not ruin the plot cause that will be changed to be for kids too.
Oct 20, 2018 4:22 PM

Dec 2009
holiday498 said:
Batora07 said:

I think at this point you'll have to distance yourself from the manga and look at it only as an anime. Even the author said it right? That the adaptation will be more aimed for kids, so you can't expect it to be the way you know the manga is, and it will most likely not ruin the plot cause that will be changed to be for kids too.

Even looking at it only as an anime, the plot don't even make any sense and Lerche don't even want to. Seth looking for the Radiant , ok... but he just go without even knowing where to start ? Seriously...
Alma let him go away even if he's not even able to take off a nemesis all alone ?
Seth just pass out after using fantasia for like 10 seconds ? He's supposed to be tracked down by the Inquisition because he's OVERPOWERED AS FUCK (using fantasia with almost no limitations with bare hands)... Also because he's already that much overpowered he don't even need to be "the best sorcerer evaaaar"-kind of shit the show rubs to the viewer's face every goddamn minute... In the manga if he passed out it's because he withstood the nemesis explosion right in his face.
Also Lerche legit didn't get what magic using fantasia is in Radiant, it's the power of imagination, there is absolutely no need to have "magic books" in the Radiant universe because all of the magic powers comes from the imagination from the sorcerers. They don't have to use books at all to learn about magic spells. So the scene with Seth at the beginning of first episode makes no sense at all.
That doesn't make any sense. Not talking about the bravery Quartet that just gets captured for no reasons by Alma (Alma don't give a shit about the peasants/town folk, she captured them in the manga because they tried to kill Seth), she has no valid reason to capture them in the anime since she despise as much the town folk as the Bravery Quartet.

"Adapting a manga to a younger audience" is a poor justification to fuck up the plot and don't even wanting to pretend having a consistent story or even don't wanting to give a fuck about the universe, background and setup from the material you're adapting. That's pretty much like if in a japanese adaptation of Harry Potter people used guns to kill people instead of the Avada kedavra spell, ok you can definitely do that but can we still call this adaptation a fair use of the Harry Potter intellectual property in this case ?

Also the scene at the end with the Inquisitors while entertaining has no fucking sense plot-wise since they said they "learned about a horned sorcerer in the pompo hills" but who told them about this ? In the manga it's Dragunov who inform them about Seth, but Dragunov will only appear on the next episode... no one could have possibly told them about Seth so far in the anime adaptation.

They just cut/pasted some cool scenes from the manga, put some non-sense filler material to make up for all the other scenes they removed and to validate their point in the "adaptation for kids" nonsense.

Also quick example of an anime show aimed for kids : One Piece. Even if kids can watch this show and if the anime adaptation is aimed at them, there is definitely bits of the show that couldn't be censored, I have few spoiler-ish examples but I'll just elaborate on this one I've seen recently in the earlier episodes (60~). In one of them Zorro is trapped in a way that the only escape for him is to cut his feet to get away. He starts to deeply cut his feet when Luffy comes to save him... but he already cut a fair amount and there is a pool of blood at his feet. The manga just uses 2 or 3 panels to show this to us, but the anime while not showing directly to the viewer that Zorro was cutting his feet and instead shows the entrance of Luffy they definitely shows the pool of blood at his feet. What was the point of this scene ? Show to the viewer/reader that Zorro can do anything if it means survive to save his comrades (that were also trapped) as well as to show to the viewer the huge amount of dedication and will power he has.
I'm using this scene as a comparison because everyone knows that One Piece is watched by a younger audience and can still be enjoyed later on, also because this episode aired almost 20 years ago, and because in just those 3 episodes Radiant already failed and censored as fuck 3 important scenes with some violence in them that should have been impactful to the viewers (Seth's lynch, Bravery Quartet crippling town's folks and trying to kill Seth, Seth kidnapping kids to save them) and we can't use the "oh this is not appropriate to show things like that to kids" when even 20 years ago there was really worse things kids have watched.
Batora07Oct 20, 2018 5:22 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Radiant Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

33 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 7, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

37 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 5, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2018

29 by dark_spirit010 »»
Mar 12, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2018

52 by FedeMetal »»
Oct 25, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2018

71 by FedeMetal »»
Oct 25, 2023 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.