Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 25, 2018 12:33 AM

Sep 2017
Please suggest me some good mystery thriller filled with suspense and must have satisfactory ending instead of leaving you in dark
Aug 25, 2018 12:44 AM
Aug 2018
Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e is one i could think of the protagonist is really smart but kind of have a dark past ( idk i dont actually remember )
Phi Brain this is about something like solving puzzles or something
hope this is of use
If you only face forward, there is something you will miss seeing
Aug 25, 2018 12:46 AM
Jul 2018
try serial experiments lain
Aug 25, 2018 12:48 AM

Sep 2017
blank002 said:
Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e is one i could think of the protagonist is really smart but kind of have a dark past ( idk i dont actually remember )
Phi Brain this is about something like solving puzzles or something
hope this is of use

Thanks for the suggestion, is it mystery thriller??? I mean knowing only the truth at the end
Aug 25, 2018 12:49 AM

May 2013
Right off the bat I can think of : Subete ga F ni Naru.

The plot twist or mystery reveal was quite logical but it was something I would have never imagined in my life. I am still unable to get over the uncomfortable mind-fuck, but it was decent overall.

I am not sure if you will find it satisfactory or not but it was a nice mystery with suspense under 12 episodes, so doesn't hurt to try. It's a slow paced in the first few episodes and then ramps up the pace.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Aug 25, 2018 12:49 AM

Sep 2017
JustMonikaXx said:

Serial experiment lain is one of the many recommendation Ive recived, but the art feels kinda odd, would I able to understand the story as people say it is very confusing?
Aug 25, 2018 12:52 AM

Sep 2017
KreatorX said:
Right off the bat I can think of : Subete ga F ni Naru.

The plot twist or mystery reveal was quite logical but it was something I would have never imagined in my life. I am still unable to get over the uncomfortable mind-fuck, but it was decent overall.

I am not sure if you will find it satisfactory or not but it was a nice mystery with suspense under 12 episodes, so doesn't hurt to try. It's a slow paced in the first few episodes and then ramps up the pace.

Perfect!!! this is what I've been looking for short and mysterious
Aug 25, 2018 12:58 AM
Jul 2018
Ankithadam said:
JustMonikaXx said:

Serial experiment lain is one of the many recommendation Ive recived, but the art feels kinda odd, would I able to understand the story as people say it is very confusing?

The anime is very complex, i kinda understood it when i finished but i still was a bit confused at parts, its definitely not an anime for everyone. I would also recommend shinsekai yori, it starts slow but it starts to pick up a little after episode 5.
Aug 25, 2018 1:03 AM

Jan 2013
Alien 9 (useful link - spoilers, only read after finishing)
Aug 25, 2018 6:28 AM

May 2012
"Bake Neko," the final three-epiisode arc of Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales and its continuation Mononoke. Short stories about a traveling medicine seller who slays demons. To do so he must act like a detective to determine what act of human evil brought forth the mononoke. One of my top shows with very distinctive artwork.

Aug 25, 2018 7:26 AM

Sep 2017
SeijiSensei said:
"Bake Neko," the final three-epiisode arc of Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales and its continuation Mononoke. Short stories about a traveling medicine seller who slays demons. To do so he must act like a detective to determine what act of human evil brought forth the mononoke. One of my top shows with very distinctive artwork.

I see Im not much fan of such animation style...Sorry, If you know any other anime please suggest them
Aug 25, 2018 7:41 AM

May 2012
Ankithadam said:
I see Im not much fan of such animation style...Sorry, If you know any other anime please suggest them

That's too bad, since it's such a fascinating show. I find that I can accept pretty much any style of animation after an episode or two.

How about Gatchaman Crowds and Gatchaman Crowds Insight? It's a remake of an older superhero story, but it's largely a commentary on the role of social media and, in Insight, it's potential for "soft fascism."

Same director, Nakamura Kenji, but a very different style.
SeijiSenseiAug 25, 2018 7:45 AM
Aug 25, 2018 10:53 AM

Sep 2017
SeijiSensei said:
Ankithadam said:

That's too bad, since it's such a fascinating show. I find that I can accept pretty much any style of animation after an episode or two.

How about Gatchaman Crowds and Gatchaman Crowds Insight? It's a remake of an older superhero story, but it's largely a commentary on the role of social media and, in Insight, it's potential for "soft fascism."

Same director, Nakamura Kenji, but a very different style.

kk thanks, ill put them in watchlist!!!
Aug 25, 2018 11:02 AM

Oct 2015
Try One Outs. It's made by the same guy that made Liar Game. Don't be fooled by the sports tag. It focuses more on its battle of wits and not the sport itself. (I'm surprised you dropped it early on, the mind games start at around the third episode or so. )

Another one is Kaiji, very similar to Liar Game
Aug 25, 2018 11:09 AM

Sep 2017
EGOIST said:
Try One Outs. It's made by the same guy that made Liar Game. Don't be fooled by the sports tag. It focuses more on its battle of wits and not the sport itself. (I'm surprised you dropped it early on, the mind games start at around the third episode or so. )

Another one is Kaiji, very similar to Liar Game

So it starts from 3rd episode eh? Well I love mind games, but the art seemed kinda old, also the reviews changed my mind...anyways ill watch it sometime :)

same problem with Kaiji too
Aug 25, 2018 1:25 PM
Feb 2018
Everybody is going to tell you "watch serial experiments lain" but that shit SUCKS.Unless you are a snob , i dont think you are going to enjoy it . I recommend you to watch "RahXephon" that anime is fucking GREAT and a true hidden gem
Aug 25, 2018 8:16 PM

Sep 2017
TheAnimeVillain said:
Everybody is going to tell you "watch serial experiments lain" but that shit SUCKS.Unless you are a snob , i dont think you are going to enjoy it . I recommend you to watch "RahXephon" that anime is fucking GREAT and a true hidden gem
looks like Neon Genesis Evangelion???
Aug 26, 2018 11:44 AM
Feb 2018
Lol , just because Rahxephon has some similarities with Evangelion it DOES NOT mean it is just a copy,Rahxephon has its own style , its own story , its own characters , its own development and its own ending , completely different from Evangelion
Sources:Im a fan of both Rahxephon and Evangelion.
Aug 26, 2018 8:38 PM

Sep 2017
TheAnimeVillain said:
Lol , just because Rahxephon has some similarities with Evangelion it DOES NOT mean it is just a copy,Rahxephon has its own style , its own story , its own characters , its own development and its own ending , completely different from Evangelion
Sources:Im a fan of both Rahxephon and Evangelion.

Sure no problem...I've put it in watchlist..đź‘Ť

More topics from this board

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

8 by duchessliz87 »»
21 minutes ago

» Battle romance manhwa/manga/manhua

NaTsu879 - 40 minutes ago

0 by NaTsu879 »»
40 minutes ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Apr 24

3 by Dariat »»
3 hours ago

» Any anime with a despicable/contemptible villain?

Gfralp - Today

7 by H_Castaigne »»
3 hours ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

22 by windyshadow »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.