Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
#1
Aug 16, 2018 12:32 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 19
My Dear friends, can you guys please suggest me some anime which can change my life. My life is fills with depression because I've no family and friends. And I want to be happy like before. I hope that you guys will help me. 😞😞😞
 
#2
Aug 16, 2018 12:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 1320
"I'm an Otaku and I love my friends very much 😊😊😊"
 
 
#4
Aug 16, 2018 12:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 2713
Shitcom will change your life forever. Whether it is for the better or worse is another matter though...
 
#5
Aug 16, 2018 12:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 17549
Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. If you are lucky, your killer instinct will be awoken.



insert cool edgy lines
shameless self promote
lame poet and quote
 
#6
Aug 16, 2018 12:40 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 100
You must remember that in a conflict there are at least two opposing sides.
 
#7
Aug 16, 2018 12:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 3590
I was also badly depressed in around end of the 2011, along with therapist help, anime was one of my salvation, one of the anime I did watch those times, was this:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/2926/Myself__Yourself

But I would also recommend these ones (watched these later):

https://myanimelist.net/anime/28851/Koe_no_Katachi
https://myanimelist.net/anime/4224/Toradora
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9989/Ano_Hi_Mita_Hana_no_Namae_wo_Bokutachi_wa_Mada_Shiranai
Modified by Gaichi, Aug 16, 2018 12:53 AM

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…"
 
#8
Aug 16, 2018 12:42 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 140
Orange, welcome to the nhk and your lie in april all have characters with deep personal struggles that they try to overcome.

But if you want something simple, happy and funny try school rumble, my ordinary life or Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun.
 
#9
Aug 16, 2018 12:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 2596
Arunava_Ghosh said:
My Dear friends, can you guys please suggest me some anime which can change my life. My life is fills with depression because I've no family and friends. And I want to be happy like before. I hope that you guys will help me. 😞😞😞


I think you need to specify if you want your life changed for the better or for the worse..


 
Aug 16, 2018 12:57 AM
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 1320
Arunava_Ghosh said:
-Everlasting- said:
"I'm an Otaku and I love my friends very much 😊😊😊"


Dear Everlasting, I wrote that bio because I was thinking about bright future with my friends. Thinking about positive is a good thing, won't it? 😭😭😭

Nothing wrong with that

I recommend these:
Colorful (Movie)
Koe no Katachi
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Tsumiki no Ie (Short)
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 488
For a friend, you need to keep trying until you find someone you have chemistry with

If you mean inspiring anime:
1. Barakamon
2. Sket dance-
Half the episodes in Sket dance are sub par and skipable while other half are really great. Episodes to watch are:
3,15,18-25,27,29,30,35,38-43,45-52,55-58,60-65,70,77
Don't worry about missing character introductions. Each side character just has some unique quirks that you can understand in few minutes
Modified by Zeruk, Aug 16, 2018 1:22 AM
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:08 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 19
-Everlasting- said:
Arunava_Ghosh said:


Dear Everlasting, I wrote that bio because I was thinking about bright future with my friends. Thinking about positive is a good thing, won't it? 😭😭😭

Nothing wrong with that

I recommend these:
Colorful (Movie)
Koe no Katachi
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Tsumiki no Ie (Short)
-Everlasting- said:
Arunava_Ghosh said:


Dear Everlasting, I wrote that bio because I was thinking about bright future with my friends. Thinking about positive is a good thing, won't it? 😭😭😭

Nothing wrong with that

I recommend these:
Colorful (Movie)
Koe no Katachi
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Tsumiki no Ie (Short)


Oh my God, I got Scared for a while. Thanks a lot for suggest me.
 
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 48
1) Clannad & Clannad-After story (47eps-discarding OVAs/filler)
2) Neon Genesis Evangelion(skip the last 2 eps and see the movie " The End of evangelion " )
Ultimately NGE has a very hopeful message.
3) A Silent voice (2 hr movie)
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 658
I suggest Usagi Drop if you want a heartwarming anime that will restore your faith in humanity.

But depending on how old you are and what your situation in life is, you may find Welcome to the NHK very relatable as it deals with a college dropout who is basically a shut in who lives away from his family and also has no friends at first.
It has many comedic moments although it's very serious at other times with valuable life lessons so you may find it useful if your situation is similar. If you're really young, then maybe not. Try Rozen Maiden in that case (middle school protagonist in similar situation).
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:11 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 19
Mirai said:
Shitcom will change your life forever. Whether it is for the better or worse is another matter though...


Thanks a lot for helping me. 😊😊😊
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:11 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 19
Onii-chan said:
Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. If you are lucky, your killer instinct will be awoken.


Thanks a lot for helping me. 😊😊😊
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:11 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 19


Thanks a lot for helping me. 😊😊😊
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:12 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 19
Gaichi said:
I was also badly depressed in around end of the 2011, along with therapist help, anime was one of my salvation, one of the anime I did watch those times, was this:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/2926/Myself__Yourself

But I would also recommend these ones (watched these later):

https://myanimelist.net/anime/28851/Koe_no_Katachi
https://myanimelist.net/anime/4224/Toradora
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9989/Ano_Hi_Mita_Hana_no_Namae_wo_Bokutachi_wa_Mada_Shiranai


Thanks a lot for helping me. 😊😊😊
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:13 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 19
Benpai-Senpai said:
Orange, welcome to the nhk and your lie in april all have characters with deep personal struggles that they try to overcome.

But if you want something simple, happy and funny try school rumble, my ordinary life or Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun.

Thanks a lot for helping me. 😊😊😊
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:13 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 100
Neon Genesis Evangelion(skip the last 2 eps and see the movie " The End of evangelion " )

Don't skip the last two episodes
You must remember that in a conflict there are at least two opposing sides.
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:13 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 19
J_LEE_C said:
Arunava_Ghosh said:
My Dear friends, can you guys please suggest me some anime which can change my life. My life is fills with depression because I've no family and friends. And I want to be happy like before. I hope that you guys will help me. 😞😞😞


I think you need to specify if you want your life changed for the better or for the worse..


I see, Thanks a lot for helping me. 😊😊😊
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:14 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 19


Thanks a lot for helping me. 😊😊😊
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:14 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 19
Zeruk said:
For a friend, you need to keep trying until you find someone you have chemistry with

If you mean inspiring anime:
1. Barakamon
2. Sket dance-
Half the episodes in Sket dance are sub par and skipable while other half are really great. Episodes to watch are:
3,15,18-25,27,29,30,35,38-43,45-52,55-58,60-65,70,77


Thanks a lot for helping me. 😊😊😊
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:15 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 19
MdotO said:
1) Clannad & Clannad-After story (47eps-discarding OVAs/filler)
2) Neon Genesis Evangelion(skip the last 2 eps and see the movie " The End of evangelion " )
Ultimately NGE has a very hopeful message.
3) A Silent voice (2 hr movie)


Thanks a lot for helping me. 😊😊😊
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:15 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 19
vegeta8639 said:
I suggest Usagi Drop if you want a heartwarming anime that will restore your faith in humanity.

But depending on how old you are and what your situation in life is, you may find Welcome to the NHK very relatable as it deals with a college dropout who is basically a shut in who lives away from his family and also has no friends at first.
It has many comedic moments although it's very serious at other times with valuable life lessons so you may find it useful if your situation is similar. If you're really young, then maybe not. Try Rozen Maiden in that case (middle school protagonist in similar situation).


Thanks a lot for helping me. 😊😊😊
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:16 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 19
MountainOfIron said:
Neon Genesis Evangelion(skip the last 2 eps and see the movie " The End of evangelion " )

Don't skip the last two episodes

Thanks a lot for helping me. 😊😊😊
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 48
MountainOfIron said:
Neon Genesis Evangelion(skip the last 2 eps and see the movie " The End of evangelion " )

Don't skip the last two episodes

I mean I did watch those eps ,just that even though the final message was about the same but the deconstruction approach in the series was rather lackluster,compared to the more bombastic , artistic movie counterpart
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:21 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 19
MdotO said:
MountainOfIron said:
Neon Genesis Evangelion(skip the last 2 eps and see the movie " The End of evangelion " )

Don't skip the last two episodes

I mean I did watch those eps ,just that even though the final message was about the same but the deconstruction approach in the series was rather lackluster,compared to the more bombastic , artistic movie counterpart


I see, thanks a lot again for helping me.
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:23 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 100
Are you kidding me the massage are completely different
You must remember that in a conflict there are at least two opposing sides.
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:30 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 100
MdotO said:
MountainOfIron said:
Neon Genesis Evangelion(skip the last 2 eps and see the movie " The End of evangelion " )

Don't skip the last two episodes

I mean I did watch those eps ,just that even though the final message was about the same but the deconstruction approach in the series was rather lackluster,compared to the more bombastic , artistic movie counterpart


Just remember what happened in the end of the series and then the movie after that youll see that they have different message s
You must remember that in a conflict there are at least two opposing sides.
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 48
MountainOfIron said:


Just remember what happened in the end of the series and then the movie after that youll see that they have different message s


Very simplistically, both endings were about the instrumentality,one inside shinjis head and one where instrumentality is realized.
It's been some time since I watched the series so I might miss fine details but I think that was pretty much the main direction both endings veered off to
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 658
Arunava_Ghosh said:
vegeta8639 said:
I suggest Usagi Drop if you want a heartwarming anime that will restore your faith in humanity.

But depending on how old you are and what your situation in life is, you may find Welcome to the NHK very relatable as it deals with a college dropout who is basically a shut in who lives away from his family and also has no friends at first.
It has many comedic moments although it's very serious at other times with valuable life lessons so you may find it useful if your situation is similar. If you're really young, then maybe not. Try Rozen Maiden in that case (middle school protagonist in similar situation).


Thanks a lot for helping me. 😊😊😊


No problem but you should know that double posting is generally not allowed on MAL and posting 6 times in a row is definitely not allowed.
If you have to reply to everyone, do it in one post or wait for somebody else to post before posting again.
Here's the forum rules if you want to read them https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516059
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 3506
Violet evergarden, it will surely changed your life in a way ^^

In this anime, it s all about changing her life for violet
“Forgetting is like a wound. The wound may heal but it has already left a scar.” - Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
“Being alone is more painful than getting hurt.” - Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
“You want to keep everyone from dying? That’s naive. It’s war. People die.” - Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)


 
Aug 16, 2018 1:47 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 100
MountainOfIron said:
MdotO said:

I mean I did watch those eps ,just that even though the final message was about the same but the deconstruction approach in the series was rather lackluster,compared to the more bombastic , artistic movie counterpart


Just remember what happened in the end of the series and then the movie after that youll see that they have different message s

I disagree one where shinji move on and acceptes the wrold and the other one is the opposite
You must remember that in a conflict there are at least two opposing sides.
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 812
If your life is filled with sadness then watching something happy/carefree like K-ON! maybe?
β €β €β €β €
"Very lazy. Just eats and sleeps."
 
Aug 16, 2018 1:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 5182
Watch Saiki Kusuo no psi nan once you recognize the greatness that is Teruhashi sama you won't be able to feel sad anymore.
Go read the One Punch Man manga please, this awful adaptation by JC Staff is a disgrace.
 
Aug 16, 2018 2:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 411
clannad after story

one room seasons 1&2
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Aug 16, 2018 2:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 48
MountainOfIron said:

I disagree one where shinji move on and acceptes the wrold and the other one is the opposite

In EoE, it's true that barring shinjis traumatic past and the recent events, it was his selfishness that doomed humanity to be merged as a combined conscious(sth like that) but in the end he DOES REJECT instrumentality ,though not without the repercussions of his decision. Eoe is definitely more cynical and darker but again the message involving the rejection of instrumentality is there in both versions

If you would like ,let,s PM from now since the conversation is completely irrelevant to the thread topic
 
Aug 16, 2018 2:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 152
Haikyuu, makes you insecure about ur jump height
 
Aug 16, 2018 2:27 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 100
If you would like ,let,s PM from now since the conversation is completely irrelevant to the thread topic[/quote]
How do you PM
You must remember that in a conflict there are at least two opposing sides.
 
Aug 16, 2018 2:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 1682
Watch some cute girls show and your life will change
 
Aug 16, 2018 3:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 4550
an anime won't change your life m8..
 
Aug 16, 2018 3:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 127
I don't think anime will change your life, but it may help you realizing that you can change it yourself ! Most shounen manga and anime are about working hard to change yourself and the world around you, but they are sometimes pretty badly written which can negate the positive effects of their messages. Bakuman, however, is a decently written though still pretty typical and very uplifting shounen than you might want to check out. Ping Pong is also full of energy and passion, though it is more nuanced than a typical sports anime. Cute romances or touching slice-of-life like Clannad, Usagi Drop and Rec may also help you by making you identify with the characters and presenting you with a hopeful view of life.
 
Aug 16, 2018 3:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 30422
if something as simple entertainment medium can change your life, i think you need to reconsider your life choices.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
 
Aug 16, 2018 3:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 976
I am sorry, but there's none. You should get some help from psychiatrist or psychologist to treat your depression.
 
Aug 16, 2018 4:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 54
I've yet to meet anyone who's life has actually really changed because of an anime but good luck anyway I guess. I recommend something lighthearted and funny. You can never go wrong with Great Teacher Onizuka and Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun. Also, if you're really depressed, go see a therapist to talk it out. That will really help you. (make some friends too)
 
Aug 16, 2018 4:04 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 228
3 Gatsu no Lion
Relife
Hachimitsu to Clover
Violet Evergarden
Kuragehime
 
Aug 16, 2018 4:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 16278
The answer is always Legend of the Galactic Heroes
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »