Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 6:29 AM

Feb 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, that's what a liberation army does?
Wtf is Falk doing there if he is mentally ill?
Aug 9, 2018 10:41 AM

Sep 2011
It's a pity they skipped Kesler's role and his background, but I loved the episode. Falk is as insufferable as ever and the Alliance is going to be devastated.

I also loved and was shocked with the imagery of the child holding a gun against the soldier and his inner turmoil stamped on his face as he pulled the trigger, at least I think he did, if they needed a scene to convey one of the worst things of war, they nailed it. I can't wait for the conclusion!
Aug 9, 2018 8:40 PM

May 2012
Great buildup, really wonderful pacing and I now really wonder how they'll finish this revision of this series!
Aug 22, 2018 3:00 AM

May 2018
Great episode, though I wish they hadn't cut out the Kesler subplot.
Oct 9, 2018 7:36 PM

Jan 2013
I'm so pissed off, this is just stupid. And i'm not talking about invading with 30 million soldiers. This is just ridiculous, how a mentally ill guy can control such a big army and "you must do as he says" wtffff, i'm so mad omg.

On the last episode i was expecting peace but forget about it, i noticed that there are already 3 movies confirmed...

Oh and... how the hell they can't contact the supreme commander while he is resting? Wtf bullsiht is this? This can't be real...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 9, 2019 8:07 PM

Jun 2014
AivanK said:
I'm so pissed off, this is just stupid. And i'm not talking about invading with 30 million soldiers. This is just ridiculous, how a mentally ill guy can control such a big army and "you must do as he says" wtffff, i'm so mad omg.

On the last episode i was expecting peace but forget about it, i noticed that there are already 3 movies confirmed...

Oh and... how the hell they can't contact the supreme commander while he is resting? Wtf bullsiht is this? This can't be real...

I feel you on this and let me add this.
Why the hell is the whole entire planet starving? You telling me 50 million people cannot find any kind of food on the planet? Did the empire take all the food away?
Jan 10, 2019 6:02 PM

Jan 2013
GrimorumInvoke said:

Why the hell is the whole entire planet starving? You telling me 50 million people cannot find any kind of food on the planet? Did the empire take all the food away?

Dude after reading my own comment and yours it made me so mad because i remembered why i commented that, i got the whole episode in my head xD
Probably 50 million people of that planet just sit and wait for food, because that's the only reason xD
I feel so bad, i was loving this anime so much :(
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 19, 2019 4:05 PM

Aug 2018
Awesome! Episode..
Oct 1, 2020 10:36 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Falk and the incompetent leaders

If I recall, the empire did take all the food away. They intentionally left the citizens to starve knowing the FPA, if they wanna be the liberators would have to feed them, it's part of the scorched earth strategy.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 1, 2021 11:35 AM

Jan 2009
lol that Flak is mentally ill then damn how did he pass the psychological test of an advance science like that

ye this is like soft science fiction at best and not hard science fiction because if it is then there is no way they do not have better treatments heck even cures for mental disorders

"the enemies plan is to put massive strain to our supplies"
"a failed supply plan is the first step towards defeat"
well said lol
Dec 26, 2021 9:10 AM
Nov 2020
Another solid episode. Looks like Season 1 will end with the Battle at the Amritsar Starzone.
Nov 1, 2022 1:17 PM
Feb 2022
I just finished this season of the remake and i want to start watching the original version, at what episode should i start
May 8, 2023 12:24 AM
Apr 2023
This was the first episode to have a super goofy moment, where the dude from the Free Worlds Alliance suddenly grabbed his face and reinacted Munch's The Scream before falling off camera.

At first I thought it was him doing it facetiously to make fun of the Admiral, but apparently he genuinely was that anguished...? and then also apparently the Navy just kinda goes along with this and lets him have command over 30 million people despite being a mental health time-bomb...? 🙃

Showing all of the Empire ships ascending at the end was pretty cool though, so at least it ended on a high.
Jun 30, 2023 11:18 AM

Aug 2019
What the hell just happened? He had a seizure because he felt frustrated.

Falk is hilarious
Oct 1, 2023 4:00 AM

Jul 2009
Reply to AivanK
GrimorumInvoke said:

Dude after reading my own comment and yours it made me so mad because i remembered why i commented that, i got the whole episode in my head xD
Probably 50 million people of that planet just sit and wait for food, because that's the only reason xD
I feel so bad, i was loving this anime so much :(
@AivanK It wasn't 50 million on one planet, it was 50 million across all the planets all the fleets reached.

They were expecting to arrive to a people in need of liberation.
Swooping in , defeating the villains and letting them govern themselves.

There was never any mention of actually feeding them, because none of them mentioned the empire removing all edibles.

'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

More topics from this board

» Should I watch the old/original series?

monad04 - May 12, 2018

23 by Brightless »»
Dec 16, 2023 11:15 AM

» Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These is the 3rd best profit maker for IG Port for 2023

deg - Jul 15, 2023

15 by TRC_Randy »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 10 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

12 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 3:28 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 12 Discussion

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

33 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 30, 2023 11:48 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 9 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

9 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 30, 2023 10:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.