Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 8, 2018 12:28 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL

May 8, 2018 1:05 PM
Nov 2014
Huge disappointment honestly. While being a step up from the original SAO, it still suffers from a lot of the poor character development, droning on simple issues for padding and ESPECIALLY the dumb fights. Watching the final fight in episode 5 actually made me angry.
May 8, 2018 1:07 PM

Jul 2015
I never understood the point of a recap in a 12 episode series. Some series do it, some not, but frankly it just feels like a waste of time. Honestly if there are some studio issues they could just delay the episode.
May 8, 2018 2:19 PM
Jan 2017
WHY do we even need a recap to begin with? Why do all anime have recaps!? Just make it into a movie why don't cha!?

(Thinking about Code Geass)

...Nevermind.
May 8, 2018 3:12 PM

Aug 2013
So wasting a week of air time for a pointless recap. Yare Yare Daze
Don't believe the hype.
May 8, 2018 3:12 PM
Jun 2017
Will this replace episode 6 this week?
May 8, 2018 3:21 PM

Mar 2018
Is anyone's memory really so poor as to necessitate a recap episode after five episodes?? I'd rather they just took an off week and used those resources toward the actual show, assuming this is replacing the episode this week.
May 8, 2018 3:28 PM

Jun 2010
Does the full 125 minutes really need to be condensed to one single 25 minute episode? XD
May 8, 2018 4:43 PM

May 2009
Rezu55 said:
Huge disappointment honestly. While being a step up from the original SAO, it still suffers from a lot of the poor character development, droning on simple issues for padding and ESPECIALLY the dumb fights. Watching the final fight in episode 5 actually made me angry.

Recap is not padding but production issue.
May 8, 2018 5:48 PM

Sep 2014
I never had any kind of expectations for this anime and they manage to still outplay me. A recap episode after 5 eps in an anime with 0 plot. GG

Ps: quick reminder that this gets added to the database but the JoJo movies dont.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 8, 2018 5:53 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
PinkieBarto said:
I never understood the point of a recap in a 12 episode series. Some series do it, some not, but frankly it just feels like a waste of time. Honestly if there are some studio issues they could just delay the episode.
llamathrust109 said:
Is anyone's memory really so poor as to necessitate a recap episode after five episodes?? I'd rather they just took an off week and used those resources toward the actual show, assuming this is replacing the episode this week.
GoddessofMayhem said:
WHY do we even need a recap to begin with? Why do all anime have recaps!? Just make it into a movie why don't cha!?

(Thinking about Code Geass)

...Nevermind.

Its not like they want to do a recap. They have production issues and they cant just put nothing in their airtime, it would be a waste, so they do a recap.

Its not for nothing a fair amount of anime has 12 episodes instead of 13, its in case problems like that happens. (anyway most of the time)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 8, 2018 8:40 PM
Nov 2014
bastek66 said:
Rezu55 said:

Recap is not padding but production issue.

I didn't say it was. I was talking about the actual show.
May 8, 2018 8:41 PM

Mar 2017
Honestly I've been really disappointed with how the show has panned out. Episode 2 was actually great and made me excited for the rest of the series, but everything else has ranged from okay to awful. The entire first episode could have been cut and was pointless. Spending three entire episodes on the Squad Jam with little to no character development (and no Pitohui tf?) just feels way too superfluous. They could have done this in an episode and a half, but here we are almost half way through the season with very little progress character and story wise.

The biggest problem so far is how the action episodes sorely lack interesting things going on with the characters and are just 30 mins of fights with mediocre directing and animation that only acts as padding in the end.
May 8, 2018 9:25 PM

Oct 2015
Totally uncalled for recap. As if the show is hard to understand lol. I get it if they do it for a 24 episode series but for 12? Are you kidding me? I'm guessing it has something to do on the studio's end. The quality has been dropping quite lately
May 12, 2018 2:21 PM
Mar 2018
Rezu55 said:

My exact feelings. It's a small step up from SAO at best right now.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online - Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2018

58 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jan 25, 2023 4:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.