Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 7, 2018 8:11 AM

Mar 2016
I am currently on episode 3 but i am having a super hard time finishing the episode.

There are just too many characters for me to remember and honestly i dont care much about them.

I started watching it because it thought it would be much like Bakuman. But so far it has been nothing like it.

Granted Bakuman was slow AF in the beginning and season 1 kinda blows but the other 2 seasons are fucking awesome.

So what i am asking is does Shirobako change much over time like Bakuman did? Will there be alot more drama or any romance as time goes on?

Or are the first 3 eps more or less a fair presentation of what the entire show is like?

May 7, 2018 8:24 AM

Dec 2015
I summon you, Arch- @CodeBlazeFate of the almighty whatever LV2!
May 7, 2018 8:46 AM

Apr 2016
It sure as hell gets better. I think that they do a superb job keeping track of each character and making us care about them. The exploits of the main 5, most of them anyway, are especially charming, both in terms of their personal journey, and their interactions with the industry at large.

Thanks for summoning me Arch- @Rei366 of our clan
May 7, 2018 10:03 AM

Mar 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
It sure as hell gets better. I think that they do a superb job keeping track of each character and making us care about them. The exploits of the main 5, most of them anyway, are especially charming, both in terms of their personal journey, and their interactions with the industry at large.

So in other words nothing like Bakuman then?
May 7, 2018 10:17 AM

Apr 2016
terryacer said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

Haven't seen Bakuman, so I can't comment on that.
May 7, 2018 10:24 AM

Mar 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
terryacer said:

Haven't seen Bakuman, so I can't comment on that.

I see. Well thank you for your input.
May 17, 2018 7:15 AM

Sep 2014
It definitely get better. The first few episodes are merely introduction for the whole show.

I don't encourage you to compare it with Bakuman. Those two shows are completely different and imo, bakuman is nothing as good as shirobako.
May 17, 2018 7:20 AM

Apr 2012
Yes, it does. It's the very definition of a slow-burner, it starts off seeming rather pointless, but every episode that comes is just a little bit better than the previous one, until everything is working brilliantly.
Aug 17, 2018 5:34 AM
Feb 2016
Its fun to watch altho at first ep i was like tf im watchin and then it kept getting me into the anime for the next few episodes
Aug 17, 2018 5:37 AM

Jan 2013
Nope.
It's just as boring all the way through.
Aug 18, 2018 2:28 AM

Mar 2016
CondemneDio said:
Nope.

Yeah thats what i thought. I dropped it a while ago. Just didnt catch my interest.

Nice to see a fellow northerner here on MAL btw. It is not often that i meet one.
Aug 18, 2018 3:25 AM

Jan 2013
terryacer said:
CondemneDio said:
Nope.

Yeah thats what i thought. I dropped it a while ago. Just didnt catch my interest.

Nice to see a fellow northerner here on MAL btw. It is not often that i meet one.

Better to use your time for something that is worth it, really.
Aug 18, 2018 3:35 AM

May 2015
It's not boring in the slightest. Like wat.

Oct 13, 2018 8:30 AM
Jul 2018
No. It's not boring. The shoes immerses you in their world you will laugh with them and cry with them and somewhat relatable characters. Don't see this just at 3. The best scenes are yet to come
Mar 10, 2020 10:06 PM

Sep 2018
I love Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! and Bakuman, I'm not sure if I gonna like this.. the rating is so high though.
Apr 22, 2021 11:57 AM

May 2008
I loved Bakuman and started watching this. I also watched 3 episodes and started looking if people have same problems as me, lol. To me it was just exhausting to watch, constant deadlines imposed upon characters and tight schedule, I felt like doing overtime at work watching this. I will continue though, maybe it will chill a little.
Apr 22, 2021 12:01 PM

Apr 2020
Topics like this cringe the life out of my Body.

I don't know this anime but it has a high overall Raiting, so maybe it just doesn't hit your taste. Or maybe this show is really bad, but who can actually give a real answer to this?

Half of people will Say NO, the other half Yes.
Sep 21, 2021 1:04 PM

Aug 2014
CondemneDio said:
terryacer said:

Like spending your time posting on the forums of shows you obviously don't like? :)
Sep 21, 2021 1:12 PM

Aug 2014
celebes said:
I loved Bakuman and started watching this. I also watched 3 episodes and started looking if people have same problems as me, lol. To me it was just exhausting to watch, constant deadlines imposed upon characters and tight schedule, I felt like doing overtime at work watching this. I will continue though, maybe it will chill a little.

I had maybe the same problem. I don't dislike it and for the few eps I've seen it seems like a really well made show, I refuse to drop it cause I think I'll be rewarded by watching it to the end.

But at the time I was often looking for pretty much contrary soothing anime to help me wind down, not anime filled with worklife stress and deadlines that remind me of work and stress me out. I could just go back to work for that.
I loved Bakuman too and didn't feel the same thing from that show.
Sep 21, 2021 4:01 PM

Jan 2013
sockerdricka said:
CondemneDio said:

Like spending your time posting on the forums of shows you obviously don't like? :)

It's a good way to get some interaction on this otherwise dead forum, lol
Nov 14, 2021 4:25 AM

Jan 2020
sockerdricka said:
celebes said:

I had maybe the same problem. I don't dislike it and for the few eps I've seen it seems like a really well made show, I refuse to drop it cause I think I'll be rewarded by watching it to the end.

But at the time I was often looking for pretty much contrary soothing anime to help me wind down, not anime filled with worklife stress and deadlines that remind me of work and stress me out. I could just go back to work for that.
I loved Bakuman too and didn't feel the same thing from that show.

Wait what? Shirobako has plenty of soothing and light-hearted moments, especially in the later episodes. It's definitely not all about the stress-inducing worklife as you seem to be implying. And even the rather serious and dramatic scenes have an underlying sense of optimism.
Nov 14, 2021 4:26 AM

Jan 2020
CondemneDio said:
sockerdricka said:

It's a good way to get some interaction on this otherwise dead forum, lol

Can't deny that I guess. Shirobako is sadly pretty underrated here. :(
Feb 8, 2022 12:32 PM

Jul 2011
celebes said:

I too came to this one from Bakuman.
Dropped after 2 eps.. It's simply bad imo :(

Feb 12, 2022 9:19 AM
May 2020
I have watched until episode 12. it doesn't get any better than what it is. 7/10 and dropped.
Feb 23, 2022 12:53 PM
Feb 2021
it's just going on and on with how anime production works that's all. the tag "drama" is misleading in 15th episode i feel like the show is bit overrated to be at 8's maybe a solid 7.5 show nothing dramatic and didn't saw much comedy either :) it's my opinion anyways
Jul 27, 2022 3:07 AM
Sep 2021
bezardo said:
it's just going on and on with how anime production works that's all. the tag "drama" is misleading in 15th episode i feel like the show is bit overrated to be at 8's maybe a solid 7.5 show nothing dramatic and didn't saw much comedy either :) it's my opinion anyways

Well, MAL forgot to add Seinen tag on this anime, I can feel the drama and depressing feels of this anime. The show had bunch of dramatic moment IMO.
Mar 25, 1:49 PM

Aug 2014
What ive noticed with Shirobako with viewers is that if you like the anime, then youll LOVE the anime

While the other thing ive noticed with Shirobako is that if you dont love the anime, then youll simply not care at all about what is happening in the anime and be bored and uninterested. This is where I feel that I am with this anime.

Dont get me wrong, Shirobako had its positive moments that even I cared for = There were some sentimental moments that were nice, like the drawing girl MC and her struggles, and the redhair girl finally getting a voice acting job near the end of the anime, and I also liked the episode where they were picking voice actors for each character role. But asides from this, nothing ever hooked me in about this anime.

If I had to reason why Shirobako cant connect with many viewers its that its a bunch of pointless and unimportant side characters (not even uniimportant side characters in anime, more like background characters / NPC), all of them getting together and all of them acting like the main characters, and that can turn many viewers off as the anime progresses.

This anime should have been 10-13 episodes, instead of two-cours. Or do two seasons of 10-13 episodes.
oooo3333Mar 25, 1:58 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

286 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2014

138 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 12, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

115 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 11, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

165 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:57 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2014

250 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.