Forum Settings
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2018 9:16 AM

Jun 2012
I'm pretty sure everyone else of you guys are suspecting Reine too as Phantom. Seems clear as of this volume now. So her reason for disseminating her spirit power isn't something for grand reasons huh, more of a selfish wish if you ask me but it's adorable.

Anyway, Eliot and Karen's chemistry is the MVP of this show.

Apr 19, 2018 4:18 PM
May 2013
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
I'm pretty sure everyone else of you guys are suspecting Reine too as Phantom. Seems clear as of this volume now. So her reason for disseminating her spirit power isn't something for grand reasons huh, more of a selfish wish if you ask me but it's adorable.

Anyway, Eliot and Karen's chemistry is the MVP of this show.

Vol 17 already Translated like a week ago and origins of shido also revealed , but the truth is far from what is in this volume unless none mind to get spoiled XD i spoil u guys ..btw vol 18 already out and author went full Sauron Mode in this one xD
Apr 28, 2018 2:50 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Finally caught up with the translation yesterday, I started reading DAL from volume 1 15th of March, and it was surely a very surprising experience I would say.

Alot of built I didnt expect that is paying off in huge ways here which finally volume 17, Kurumi Ragnarok.

Now before I go focus on that matter, I do think this volume started rather more weakly vs last one, except the prologue, that come out of nowhere and paves the way for the plot revelations during this whole volume! The Spirit Formula, Wescott is fucked up, and dare to say that with the whole past unvealed Woodman's past seems alot more forgiving now, he was never aware of the full extent of the consequences Wescott's plan to made a world for Magicians would bring out, and seems like he was pretty OP back in the day! I m just confused on why does he look so old now unlike Ike, and why can he suddently power up like that and look young again (fight vs Ellen at the end), hope it is explained on the next volume, alot of stuff on this beg you to just go a read 18, but sadly it only be out probably in 6-7 months at the earliest. ;(

Talking about stuff I didnt comprehend, this whole past with Mio, Mana and Shidou... how far back are talking about, a bit before those 5 years ago with Kotori? Because if not, the implications means that Shidou is way much older than we thought and that can be explained since he was on Mio's womb all this time (that was strangely hot and weird) O.O

But what about Mana?
This was probably the biggest plot revelation in the whole series, the reason behind spirits existing, and I can digest, but that just means Mio's personality is in some serious need of fixing, like all that shit she made Kurumi, Tohka and the others go through, ALL time sacrifices she had to make to purify a bit more each sephira crystals, just because she wanted to Shidou to also take from her power and reach an status of eternal life with her... her motivations are twisted.
But the whole concept behind the existence of the spirits is pretty clever and I was not expecting it to make this much sense when I starting to read the series.
It was ingenous from the writter to have all of this, along with the Kurumi's plotline in mind from the start, and it is really making DAL break of from just being that very enjoyable harem with deeply enjoyable, if silly at times, main harem cast.

I cant possibly look toward this series as I did at first anymore, neither expect so little of the plot, also I m pretty sure we are reaching some sort of climax since the solution Shidou proposed could very well be the last arc type for the series.
I mean what can be developed after that?! It was all for this moment.

Time to go random.
Forgot to mention in previous volumes, but the not new now MARIA (AI) is surely a very bossy existence for sure...
Anyone noticed but it seems like Mana's way of treating Shidou on the past surely was different from now, she was way more violent while now onii-chan is her life and all, weird.
The way to deal with Nibelcol was surely a very lewd one, I wouldnt mind seeing it getting animated, not gonna lie, her design looks very sexy and showy for sure.

As of now more than never, it is clear that Reine is part of Mio (when Mio, that is all I can say, since Kurumi still swallowed her in the very beggining, yet there was some minutes later, and like she was aware that something had phantom to her other part, hmm...
That cliffhanger at the end of the plot, I m expecting it to be Mio, if so, she is trying to discard of Kurumi?! Well then go fuck yourself, leave best girl alone! I hope Shidou gives her some nice spanking on the next volume, she is lacking on maners, to me she seems like a wiser version of Mukuro right now, sensei will need to punish her good!

I could go on rambling, there were alot of stuff to talk about, but I will just leave this with a short review for Ragnarok...
Needed more Kurumi's at the start, it was too slow at some scenes whereas in previous volume there was alot of cuteness and charm with Kurumi, Kotori and the rest of the harem.
With that said there are many moments of brilliance and the later half of the volume with the battle starting is a really exciting read that feels like a battle of huge proportions, culminating with Kurumi's clone sacrifice (such a good girl T_T), the whole reveal of Mio's goals and Shidou past, and that last cliffhanger with probably what can be called Mio's hand, appearing from Kurumi!
Not as amazing as the previous one, but almost there, fucking amazing later half.

(PS: That afterword with how they come with the name for the volume got me good xD)
Aug 11, 2018 2:52 AM

Jan 2018
Well, let me say this first this is definitely not as good as the previous one but is still good and about the Reine well we've already come to know that she's going to be a phantom or the 1st spirit well this vol is confusing for me though all that about Shido and Mio and the most important question for me is that if shido was alive when 1st spirit was born then how old would be Shido and Mana at this point and last thing that after coming so far I don't want to see Kurumi die because she become my 2nd favorite girl in the series.

Also, the more I read about DEM the more I hate them especially that Ellen and Elliot or whatever.
Mar 20, 2019 6:40 PM

Feb 2018
Shido uses Michael to remember his past memories as Shinji Takamiya.

More topics from this board

» Date A Live Volume 22 Discussion (Beware of spoilers)

WaterLord - Jul 28, 2020

15 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Oct 19, 2023 1:57 PM

» Why does this have a higher score than the anime (no spoilers)

BigBowlNoodleBoi - Sep 19, 2021

12 by icefirestone23 »»
Aug 19, 2023 7:58 AM

» Date a live LN

ShadowOnyx01 - Jun 20, 2022

8 by mizunos404 »»
May 14, 2023 8:15 AM

» Last Day Alive

Syureria - Mar 20, 2019

4 by Roch2001 »»
Jun 24, 2022 7:04 AM

» Is there a Sequel to this novel?

SuzukiAkeno - Oct 25, 2021

1 by DeMarcK »»
Apr 9, 2022 7:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.