Forum Settings
Forums
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 18, 2018 5:54 AM

Feb 2010
ch.1~ch.19: The most depressing and embarrassing part, Tomoko screw up almost everything.

ch.20~ch.45: still depressing, but not as depressing as the previous part, Tomoko has more bizarre experience, such as doing a part-time job in the cake factory, or watching anime with a office clerk in the coffee shop, and hugged by Imae senpai.

ch.46~ch.68: after Komiyama shows up again, most of the story during this period take place around Tomoko, Yuu, and Komiyama, about how they get along with each other, as a result, the main theme of Watamote has change gradually, unlike the first period, a period that most story only take place around one character, Tomoko.

ch.69~ch.96: the period that Watamote change a lot. With many characters show up during the field trip, such as Yuri, Yoshida, Mako. Tomoko has to learning to get along with people, and get over from sociophobia, finally, Tomoko get some friends.

ch.97~ch.123:Many character who used to stay in the background get more screen time, such as Nemoto Hina, Tanaka Mako, Katou Asuka, and Okada Akane. The reader get most of these character's personality and backstory during this period, on the other hand, Tomoko's screen time has decreased.

ch.124~now: Watamote has become a yuri harem series. It looks like everyone loves Tomoko, and Tamura Yuri went Yandere, so does many others.
Nov 18, 2022 10:05 AM

Aug 2016
Watamote should have ended in chapter 123 then. Up till that period, it used to be one of the best slice of life.
:v
Nov 30, 2022 5:42 PM

Mar 2021
MichaelJackson said:
Watamote should have ended in chapter 123 then. Up till that period, it used to be one of the best slice of life.

agreed, i used to love this series but dropped it once koharu started getting more pagetime than tomoko. like? i came here for tomoko, not some rando in another class who isn't even in her harem
Apr 10, 2023 9:41 PM

Jul 2008
Wow. I dropped the series years ago at chapter 123, so your period breakdown seems spot on. 
Apr 13, 2023 2:27 AM

Sep 2013
Considering how many years the school festival/movie arc is taking, that's going to be an era all on its own.
Apr 16, 2023 11:57 AM

Sep 2017
Retolee said:
Considering how many years the school festival/movie arc is taking, that's going to be an era all on its own.

Couldn't agree more. It's a shame too, as I stopped reading manga for a bit, and coming back to Watamote a few months back, and seeing over 50 new chapters I was stoked.

And after what feels like 30 chapters on this bloody school festival/movie, I don't know how much more I can take. This is the sort of story that spans 2-3 chapters, at most, in any other manga I've read.

It's at a point now that whatever happens with it, story-wise, it'll be a disappointment.
Jun 7, 2023 3:59 PM

Dec 2009
I don't clearly remember the plots, but I remember the first quarter feeling lackluster and dull, then after that it was hysterical, and near the last long quarter it's expanded more into friendship dynamics which I'm enjoying.

It isn't as hilarious, but still entertaining.
Aug 19, 2023 9:57 AM

Nov 2016
I pretty much love all periods equally for obviously different reasons. The one thing I dislike about the yuri harem era is that I don't have much to binge anymore lol

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 6, 2023 12:09 PM

Dec 2009
Looking back on it, I don't remember how bad in realistic progress Tomoko's growth has been...
I think the pacing from the plots is mostly awkward due to the random direction of focusing on some supporting characters for whatever reason that are unrelated to Tomoko, because they're not friends.

The worst that I hate now is Tomoki's undeserved harem arc. What the fuck is up with that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Chapter 222 Discussion

waalex11 - Mar 27

6 by ReaperCreeper »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Chapter 220 Discussion

waalex11 - Feb 21

1 by ReaperCreeper »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Chapter 218 Discussion

fluffycow17 - Dec 6, 2023

6 by waalex11 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Chapter 217 Discussion

waalex11 - Sep 20, 2023

4 by ReaperCreeper »»
Yesterday, 6:46 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Chapter 221 Discussion

fluffycow17 - Mar 6

3 by bboy_OatsnRice »»
Mar 6, 10:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.