Forum Settings
Forums

Long animes, short animes, or season animes: Which one do you perffer ?

New
Apr 16, 2018 4:02 AM
Jun 2014
Hi guys :)

My name is Ace_Z and I have been away for 3 years since the last time I came back due to
family problems. Please excuse not hearing from me for a long time and I intend to stick around
as much as possible. Now to my topic:

Which animes do you prefer:

Animes that run for a long period of time non-stop and thus have a big number of
episodes, animes that have a short number of episodes, or animes that have multiple
seasons ?

Personally, I prefer animes that run for a long number of episodes or are divided into seasons
because I feel that I will get the most out of the anime while animes with short episodes tend
to make me want more of the anime.

Ace_ZApr 16, 2018 5:06 AM
Apr 16, 2018 4:12 AM

Aug 2012
That's some weird formatting. Anyway, the good executed ones. Lenght doesn't really matter because it's relative to the story. Not every anime is able to be long-running. I don't have any problems with single-cour series if they're good. Although series that are very long leaves me intimidated to watch or read it.
Apr 16, 2018 4:22 AM

Oct 2016
Personally, I prefer animes that run for a long number of episodes or are divided into seasons gen FairyTail,Naruto..etc. More episodes,more nights,right?:))
I don't fucking care!

You left me here...†

Alone...♫
Apr 16, 2018 4:24 AM

Feb 2016
i like long animes like kaleido star (51 ep) but i wish it had more
Apr 16, 2018 4:26 AM

Jan 2018
I prefer animes which have at least 24 to 26 episodes or have many sequels.

I can also watch long animes if they keep me interested.
Apr 16, 2018 4:26 AM

Sep 2016
Ace_Z said:
Hi guys :)

My name is Ace_Z and I have been away for 3 years since the last time I came back due to

family problems. Please excuse not hearing from me for a long time and I intend to stick around

as much as possible.

Now to my topic:

Which anime do you prefer:

Anime that run for a long period of time non-stop and thus have a big number of

episodes, anime that have a short number of episodes, or animes that have multiple

seasons ?

Personally, I prefer animes that run for a long number of episodes or are divided into seasons

because I feel that I will get the most out of the anime while animes with short episodes tend

to make me want more of the anime.

Here's my 2 cents on the three:

1. Non-stop (Naruto,One Piece,etc.)

I personally do not like these kind of shows mainly due to fillers (anime catching up too fast with manga), plus the fact that they're aired every week means the staff can BS all they want one the next episode.

Also these kind of shows garner an impressive fan count, and too many cooks spoil the broth. Just look at what happened to the SAO fanbase.

2. Short number of episodes (here I'm assuming one cour or less)

This is pretty much every LN adaptation ever. Pacing is what most one-cour anime fail at.
Rushing towards the conclusion in the last 2 episodes while leaving a lot of stones unturned is something common.

These can be really good or really bad, again, it depends on the quality of the anime itself.

3. Multiple seasons (maybe 2 seasons+?)

3 is somewhat better than 1 because the off-season time can be wholly allocated to making a better sequel, while reflecting on the mistakes made in the prequel and fixing them.

The waiting game can also be a good bait for attracting more viewers, since the general opinion of the prequel will change over time.

So I think 3 is the best option out there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2018 4:29 AM

Aug 2017
I prefer multiple season, simply because I will have something to looking forward for.

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Apr 16, 2018 4:30 AM

Feb 2016
Probably would have to go with multiple seasons. Long/non-stop or multiple seasons.

Short number of episodes (Like a standard 12-13) is fine, but It does kinda suck when you really were enjoying the story. Especially if they kinda rushed through the plot.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Apr 16, 2018 4:33 AM

Aug 2017
learn to spell before making a thread please
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2018 4:49 AM

Feb 2013
i prefer my anime to be thicc regardless of season and height
Apr 16, 2018 5:10 AM
Jun 2014
assyrian said:
learn to spell before making a thread please

My apologies, my spell checker fixed my spelling without me knowing. I hope you won't find any more mistakes.
Apr 16, 2018 5:12 AM
Jun 2014
YayaChibi said:
Whatever is good

Also format your thread in a way that doesn't make me dyslexic

My apologies, I fixed the formatting. I apologize for making you sick.
Apr 16, 2018 5:18 AM

Feb 2018
I usually prefer longer shows because I sometimes need a while to get attached to characters and I don't like it that the show ends quickly when I am already in love with the characters/world/and story I even prefer mediocre arcs over ending a show quickly. As long as the ending is satisfying.
Apr 16, 2018 5:24 AM

Oct 2017
I prefer anime with multiple seasons, since anime which are released like every week are mostly filler and lack quality.
Apr 16, 2018 5:44 AM
Jul 2018
I prefer anime with about 12/26 episodes or short anime. Unfortunately most 12 episodes anime are just an advertisement for the manga.

Non-stop long anime usually (if not always) have fillers. For this reason alone they should have a break from time to time and be divided by multiple seasons. I also think that if you have to take forever to finish your story, probably at some point, you are going to make it inconsistent.

Apr 16, 2018 5:59 AM

Sep 2017
25-26 episodes. Just the right number for me.
Apr 16, 2018 6:04 AM

Jan 2018
It's like saying how you don't want to eat cakes or chocolate because it will get you fat. Someone will offer you a slice of cake and believe me, you are going to eat it. It's not like we are a group of producer that wants to give the best for anime fans :p
Apr 16, 2018 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
I prefer 1-cour anime (13-14 episodes),2-cour anime (24-26 episodes) as well as seasonal anime.

Why?

For the former: It's because it gives me the chance to see if I want to go out and buy the manga/Light Novel from which it's adapted.

For the middle: It's because a lot of plot, worldbuilding, character development, et cetera, can happen throughout the show and there's a chance of a satisfying ending - be it original or not.

For the latter: I just can't seem to get into old/non-airing/non-seasonal anime anymore. I mean, I used to, but...I guess it doesn't "hook" me the way new/airing/seasonal anime does?
Apr 16, 2018 8:42 AM

Oct 2016
Usually 24 is best for great shows. Though I do love longer runs for shows I like a lot like DBZ, JJBA(marathoned Part 4), FMA, etc. For great shows the 1 cour format feels way too short like Attack on Titan season 2, MHA season 1, etc. With MHA I'm glad I was a latecomer and only started when season 2 was more than halfway done already.

But 1 cour format sometimes is ideal for shows that are just okay, where if it were longer I may lose interest.

Stuff like Naruto I just read filler guides to avoid all filler since it's so excessive. Part 1 was good but feel burned out so going to probably wait a year or more before watching more of part 2.
Apr 16, 2018 5:11 PM

Jun 2017
As someone who hasn't had much spare time recently, I personally prefer seasonals.
I'm a shitposter for fun
Apr 16, 2018 5:23 PM
Mar 2018
I dunno. I watch Anime cause it's entertaining. Don't really think about technical aspects.
Apr 16, 2018 5:27 PM
Jan 2016
I prefer 12 episode anime since they're easier to follow
Apr 16, 2018 5:49 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I'm not particular. I do like the immersion of longer series and having the time to explore a world with characters if it's done correctly. But I've been hardcore binge short 12-24 episodes series a lot lately.

The problem is when the fuck do I have time to sit and watch a 50-100+ episode anime. And I avoid seasonal when possible. I'm probably doing my max right now aka 3.
Apr 16, 2018 6:03 PM

Dec 2012
Short series, the longer something runs the higher the chances it will suck.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Apr 16, 2018 10:35 PM

Oct 2017
My favorites list is saying I like seasonal anime with multiple seasons more. Which is fair enough because splitting a longish anime will maintain a better and more consistent quality while also having an advantage to becoming more invested to the story and characters. As for how long each season, 24 episodes is my preference.
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

239 by TitanOfPlasma »»
58 seconds ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

60 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
3 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

14 by billybub »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 2 hours ago

9 by Rhaelynne »»
7 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

54 by L1feHasNoMeaning »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.