Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 13, 2018 3:03 AM

Jan 2017
Alright so there has been some reviews rating this anime below 10 and some even to a ridiculous low rating, but in case you've come to this thread looking for a reason to watch it, I'll just say that every single piece of this anime: from characters, to character development, to story, to nostalgia, to soundtrack, to OST, everything in this show is the best quality there can be for an anime of these specific Genres (Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Magic, Romance, Shoujo)

Another very important thing to note is that this anime also makes up for all the expectations I had from it and surpasses every single one of them. I don't usually praise anime despite having rated quite a few 10/10, I think the only anime I have ever praised was Monster, but this anime deserves it.

SO GOOD!
Apr 18, 2018 7:10 AM

May 2012
You are exaggerating waaaaaaaaaay too much. You didn't even saw the original CCS which is still much better than this one. You have watched very few animes (according to your list) which means you are still very new to this. You have so many 10 on your list...it's crazy.

I understanding you liking the anime and it's fine and good for you if you like it. I'm not going to comment anything about characters, character development, but...

Nostalgia. How can you talk about nostalgia when you don't even have the original CCS on your list? Also soundtrack and OST are the same thing. OST means original soundtrack. Were you just adding as much words as you could to praise the anime? It's ok if you want to praise it, but at least don't write random things.

Story...the anime BARELY have any story so how can you say "is the best quality there can be for an anime of these specific Genres (Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Magic, Romance, Shoujo)"?

This is the story we got on the first 3 or so episodes...Sakura got a new staff from her dreams and her cards became transparent. New powers appeared around her and she was able to turn these into new cards. A new girl (Akiho) appeared. Eriol knows something, but doesn't say anything to Sakura. Syaoran is keeping a secret from her.

After 13 episodes we now got the above plus...Akiho and her butler Kaito (or whatever he is for her) are clearly related to everything that is happening, but Akiho is clearly unaware. Whether Kaito is direct responsible or not for the incidents is still a mystery. Toya is getting a new power and he is hiding this from everyone and it seems to be something important.

That's it. In 13 episodes we barely have any story development if at all. I can guarantee that the story will end with something like "Kaito was pulling the strings to help Akiho with something she needs. He may be causing everything to help her or he just new it would happen and brought her along".

So no the story is not "the best quality there can be for an anime of these specific Genres (Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Magic, Romance, Shoujo)" as we don't have much story to talk about here.

Maybe by the end things will change and we may be able to praise the story, but in 13 episodes nothing was developed and i'm sure it will be something very predictable.
I despise woke people.
Apr 19, 2018 1:11 PM

Apr 2016
can't say I agree. For me, even the original Cardcaptor Sakura wasn't a prefect 10/10, and this is just an inferior reboot to it.
Apr 19, 2018 1:26 PM

Sep 2017
it may not be a masterpiece,but it does make me happy and that is enough.
Apr 20, 2018 6:03 PM

Apr 2012
I can say that it's getting there for being a masterpiece but the series is not done yet. For those downplaying the new series in favor of the classic really need to be objective and not be such a purest. The classic had its fair share of flaws being too campy and slow paced because of the repetitive "monster of the week" episodes. I welcome the new series with its fresh approach to character development over action because now we get to see Sakura dealing with various interactions and relationships with almost the entire cast. I know for a fact the actual fights that would matter would come later on so it's good to see Sakura form deeper meaningful relationships because that would setup more emotional tension and impact when things get critical.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Apr 22, 2018 1:15 PM

May 2012
Janethan23 said:
I can say that it's getting there for being a masterpiece but the series is not done yet. For those downplaying the new series in favor of the classic really need to be objective and not be such a purest. The classic had its fair share of flaws being too campy and slow paced because of the repetitive "monster of the week" episodes. I welcome the new series with its fresh approach to character development over action because now we get to see Sakura dealing with various interactions and relationships with almost the entire cast. I know for a fact the actual fights that would matter would come later on so it's good to see Sakura form deeper meaningful relationships because that would setup more emotional tension and impact when things get critical.

I Found it funny you asking people to be objective while you are not.

Sakura does here the same thing she did in the CCS, the only difference is Syaoran being her BF, but everything she does here is a watered down version compared to CCS.

Sakura friendship with her classmates is still the same here and it's also the same with Tomoyo which is a character that doesn't develop at all. We got only Sakura's relationship with Syaoran developing, but at a very veeeeeery slow pace. We also have Sakura and Akiho becoming better friends, but we don't need 20 episodes for that to happen.

At least in CCS we got to know all these characters (Sakura classmates and some other people) and learn about them, but here we already know them so there is nothing new to see about them. We had things developing with Yukito and Sakura, Syaoran and Toya. Here things are already set and nothing is developing.

The character development here is very shallow so far and he have basically no story development. You said that the CCS was slow paced, but here we have 13 episodes of basically slice of life and nothing else. CCS had that, but it also had comedy and better fights.

I know that there are a lot of people linking the slice of life here, but it doesn't change the fact that this anime is very very slow paced. I personally think that the slice of life here is extremely boring and is a downgrade from what we had in CCS, but i know other people may like this more.

There is nothing happening here that will make later fights feel more impactful other than Sakura getting friends with Akiho simply because the rest of cast were already her friends and nothing have changed between them at all.
KaeUBWApr 22, 2018 1:25 PM
I despise woke people.
Apr 22, 2018 2:01 PM

Jan 2016
pretty cool. Is it me or did they delete a kiss between Sakura & Shaoran? It was in the last chapter of the original and I do not see it in this anime...

Cool thou. Hope to get a s2 in the future
Apr 22, 2018 2:19 PM

Nov 2013
I agree just for the original
with the original episodes ,there was a great balance between ( magic ,adventures ,slice of life , also a little mystery in most episodes !)
which was always fun to watch
Apr 22, 2018 2:26 PM

May 2012
The anime is boring, no good plot. Just bunch of children doing stupid things.

Fantasy, magic ?! There are good shows that has fantasy and magic like Magi, Seven Deadly sins, Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, Trinity Seven, Mahou Shoujo Site etc. What is the point of having magic if there is no real villians to hit them with magic

Comedy ?! I don't see any funny comedy in this show. I rather watch something like Prison School and even Mahou Shoujo Ore for comedy

I'm struggling to believe how anyone could even consider this anime to be good nevermind being masterpiece ?! I mean what exactly it have that make it masterpiece ?! All I'm seeing is some kids going to school and talking...... A Masterpiece is something like death note for example.
Apr 22, 2018 6:17 PM

Apr 2012
Kaetokiha said:
...I Found it funny you asking people to be objective while you are not.
How bout you back off and stop being critical of other people's opinions. I knew I'd attract your kind that treat other people's view with contempt. I never made claims that this series was better nor did I say the original failed in comparison. I just pointed out my opinions and what I found to be flaws. I stated that I welcome this series with an open mind and not dismissive like most purists would do so if that doesn't pass for being objective then you need to work on your reading comprehension. And all things aside, You invalidated whatever points you've made with your condescending and pompous approach so I couldn't care less for whatever you'll say to me from this point on. Good day.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Apr 22, 2018 8:31 PM

May 2012
Janethan23 said:
Kaetokiha said:
...I Found it funny you asking people to be objective while you are not.
How bout you back off and stop being critical of other people's opinions. I knew I'd attract your kind that treat other people's view with contempt. I never made claims that this series was better nor did I say the original failed in comparison. I just pointed out my opinions and what I found to be flaws. I stated that I welcome this series with an open mind and not dismissive like most purists would do so if that doesn't pass for being objective then you need to work on your reading comprehension. And all things aside, You invalidated whatever points you've made with your condescending and pompous approach so I couldn't care less for whatever you'll say to me from this point on. Good day.

Great i stated some facts and you instead decided to victimize yourself and make everything personal.

I love snowflakes like you.

I despise woke people.
Apr 23, 2018 4:32 AM

Dec 2017
You have a lot to learn.

This anime will make CLAMP buckets of money on nostalgia alone. Characters are as flat as can be, animation is mediocre, plot and character development are mediocre. If I wasn't a fan of the series (manga & anime) I'd just throw this into the "Children's Anime" bin and move on. I'm still hoping that they will redeem themselves later in the series, when the obvious plot twist is revealed and we find out what Kaito is about.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2018 6:39 AM

Dec 2015
thepath said:
Magic ?! What is the point of having magic if there is no real villians to hit them with magic?

I didn't try this TV series and I stopped reading the manga (thanks to its apparent vacuity, at the time I stopped at least). But this sounds like you fully ignore how magic is supposed to be implemented in this kind of story (that exists since dozens of years): we are supposed to follow the "dsaily" life of a young girl who owns/accidentally received magical powers (more or less limited/useful) and see the rezsulting problems or how she can exploit this power in her life.
May 4, 2018 3:54 AM

Jan 2017
Kaetokiha said:
Janethan23 said:

Great i stated some facts and you instead decided to victimize yourself and make everything personal.

what the fuck, you didn't stated facts, you stated your opinions.
you criticized my 10s in grade as if they're not my opinion and mine alone.
for some reason a shitty person like yourself thinks that you have some superior anime opinion than other people because god even knows what reason, come here in the forums and wtf you went in to stalk the list I made of animes I watched 4 months ago like what the fuck.
honestly, people like you disgust me.
May 4, 2018 8:25 PM

May 2012
Nuba said:
Kaetokiha said:

what the fuck, you didn't stated facts, you stated your opinions.
you criticized my 10s in grade as if they're not my opinion and mine alone.
for some reason a shitty person like yourself thinks that you have some superior anime opinion than other people because god even knows what reason, come here in the forums and wtf you went in to stalk the list I made of animes I watched 4 months ago like what the fuck.
honestly, people like you disgust me.

That's it? All you had to say to me was that? You didn't refute anything i said, instead you just attacked me like a dumbass.

What i said are FACTS. Everything i said is what happened in the anime.

I didn't stalk anything. I just took a look at your listings cause your first post was basically saying "i don't know what i'm talking about" so i went to look at your profile. That's it.

You don't need to get so butthurt because of what i posted. I don't mind people saying shit to me cause i say shit to other too so it's fine, but you could have at least put some effort in your reply.

You said that your post were for those who wanted a reason to watch this anime, but your post was just ridiculous even for someone who is loving the anime so don't blame me for pointing out its flaws.
KaeUBWMay 4, 2018 8:32 PM
I despise woke people.
May 6, 2018 3:38 AM

Jan 2016
Correct me if I'm wrong, but have a lot of people skipped the original Cardcaptor Sakura and just jumped into this? I hope that's not the case

Anyways it's inferior to the OG, but it's still darn good. CLAMP and madhouse are capitalizing on nostalgia yes but are still making this show a very worthwhile watch
May 20, 2018 1:18 PM

Aug 2012
I don't think this series compares poorly to the original. The slice of life is more entertaining and the characters feel more dynamic in their day-to-day chatting. The series has its problems, but so did the original. Only the second season of og ccs was better about excessive filler and then dumping plot on you in the last couple episodes. Meiling's arc was very good. The main case developed nicely depending on your interpretation of things. So far, I'd rather watch this show spin its wheels than the original even if the original still has more high-points. Also this series' kero-chan check >>> og
FiendishJZAMay 20, 2018 1:40 PM
May 23, 2018 2:12 PM
Nov 2011
FiendishJZA said:
I don't think this series compares poorly to the original. The slice of life is more entertaining and the characters feel more dynamic in their day-to-day chatting. The series has its problems, but so did the original. Only the second season of og ccs was better about excessive filler and then dumping plot on you in the last couple episodes. Meiling's arc was very good. The main case developed nicely depending on your interpretation of things. So far, I'd rather watch this show spin its wheels than the original even if the original still has more high-points. Also this series' kero-chan check >>> og

There's no comparison between this slice of life and the original CCS's slice of life, in original CCS you had Sakura and her friends sliding through water slides and learning to sweim, skiing at the mountain, going to a summer festival where they participated in lots of activities, doing a courage test at the beach...

But in Clear Card all we have is Sakura and her friends... Talking and drinking tea!!!
May 26, 2018 1:43 AM
Jul 2018
This new anime makes me doubt about my memories of the old one.
It is really mediocre at best, and boring that's for sure. Not cute, not funny, not very mysterious.
Aug 24, 2018 10:16 PM

Jan 2017
just a quick reply as this was posted mid season and after it....

well I guess I ate my words: the development that I expected to happen in the last 10 to 12 episodes just wasnt there, it didnt happen.

I really thought this series was going to develop after the first 12 episodes but it turned out that all episodes were the same and no development happened.

well, feelsbadman, to a point I stopped at ep 20 because it was just the same thing over and over again.

Credit where its due though, 8/10 because it really made me chill

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

38 by Serhiyko »»
Apr 10, 1:31 PM

» Am I the only one who is a little disappointed with the new series so far? ( 1 2 )

blissful_Harmony - Feb 14, 2018

67 by Arichan66 »»
Jan 31, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Episode 22 Discussion

Fayrin - Aug 9, 2018

36 by glowings »»
Jan 3, 4:20 PM

» How much of the manga does this adapt?

GrayZStars - Nov 12, 2023

2 by GrayZStars »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » With who will Daidouji Tomoyo and Li Mei Ling end up or will they end up single ?

KingSunWukong - Nov 11, 2023

7 by KingSunWukong »»
Nov 12, 2023 10:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.