Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2018 5:50 PM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It feels like they copy paste Lala's face directly to that pink hair girl.
Less flashy, square face Meganechan and mascot removed probably due to Paku's incident :D

Pri Para -> Elementary school
Pri Chan -> Middle school

Apr 8, 2018 6:20 PM

Feb 2017
where did you watch it?
with english subs
Apr 9, 2018 7:35 AM
Nov 2017
I couldn't find this one with eng subs so I had to watch it with French subs (for once it comes in handy to be born French).

I liked this episode, the whole setting and the way it goes change quite a lot from Pripara (I was expecting a cyalume change halfway through the song) but in a nice way. Looking forward to this concept developing.

PS: I loved the references to Primitive technology and that one Japanese video where the guy blows up a watermelon with molten aluminium
Apr 10, 2018 2:40 PM

Nov 2011
mirai design reminds me of the angel from pripara. especially when she's younger.
actually, many characters were clearly inspired by pripara. i think i also saw someone that looked like Reina from Dear my Future.
so essentially, they upload their videos on a service for the entire world to see. literally youtube anime version.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Apr 12, 2018 11:27 AM

May 2013
more like this mc than new aikatsu.

and the format maybe like hugto too. each episode focused on different topic/job and coicentally their debut is working on flower shop ww.
Apr 12, 2018 10:07 PM

Aug 2014
good start apart from the many many cliches

no mascots is cool

passing stranger my ass..

and hopefully this one wont take a millennia to translate

Apr 13, 2018 8:55 AM

Apr 2008
So far it was okay-ish. I don't plan on dropping it, but I don't feel making it a high priority following. It'll probably gets better later. At least I liked how Emo picked a fight with the celebrity girl right off the bat: no special treatment just because you're famous. On the other hand, getting an ID so you can open a channel in the first place... Youtube would be better off with that for sure :D
gomennasaiApr 13, 2018 9:09 AM
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Apr 13, 2018 9:55 AM

Jul 2015
When they first announced Pri chan i was worried, No more Lala, No more Garumageddon and no more Shuuka
I couldn't handle it
but the first episode was actually really good and promising, Mirai a cute! cute!!!
Lala still best though
SUPER CUTIE SUPER STAR
Apr 13, 2018 11:57 AM

Nov 2011
spumante said:
I know it's the first episode and all but I would like to ask of anyone in this thread about their experience with PriPara and whether you found it enjoyable as I have yet to see it. I would like an opinion in order to know what it is that I am missing out on.

It's a cute girls doing cute things type of show, except the girls are doing idol stuff. you'll hear the phrase "everyone's a friend, everyone's an idol" pretty much all the time. in almost every episode, you'll see a CG performance. many of the songs are repeated, much like in Aikatsu. the performances are fun to watch imo, though they're not as exciting as the superior pretty rhythm series.

the sequel idol time overuses memes to the point even a die-hard pripara fan would probably find it a little annoying at times.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

Apr 13, 2018 9:51 PM

Nov 2011
spumante said:
Thanks for the reply and do you have any songs from PriPara you personally enjoy hearing ?

i think the opening themes were rather catchy. Make it!, Pretty Prism Parade!, Realize, Dream Parade, Ready Smile!!, Brand New Dreamer all were nice in my book. not as catchy as the openings from Dear My Future and Rainbow Live, but
catchy nonetheless.

Dressing Pafe's "No D&D code" and "Change My World" were pretty great.
same with Falala's 0-Week-Old (this is before she officially joins an idol group).
July (or Jury? i haven't checked the official romanization)'s "Girl's Fantasy" was very melodic and somewhat comparable to June's nth color from Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live (a song which i consider one of the most well done in the entire pretty rhythm series, if not the most well done). nth color is still better in my book though by a mile or two.

Apr 13, 2018 11:55 PM

Nov 2012
Wait, so it's an Idol anime except everyone is basically trying to become Mahou Shoujo Youtube star-chan?

Sure, I can get behind this idea. Also, it did a better job at being accessible to me, never having seen another series in this franchise, than Aikatsu Friends did.
Apr 24, 2018 5:43 AM

Jul 2015
Never watched a PriPara entry but that was a neat start, Mirai and Emo look very likeable.

Idol youtubers sounds like an interesting idea, I'm curious to see how much variety with that will have.
Mar 20, 2019 4:22 PM
Jul 2018
FUCKEN YOUTUBE AIDORUS

I like Mirai and Emo. Overall a nice start.
What the hell happened to Meganee tho?
Dec 14, 2019 10:16 PM

Nov 2014
so it's basically youtube?
and why did the glasses lady choose them as the new debut and not anyone else visiting that store? just cause they're the main characters? or cause they're cute? how do they know their childhood song? they never talked about it. and how does she know they wanna be the idol kind of "youtuber"? and now the other kind, like that guy streaming gaming, and their "rival" tsundere girl talking about tea and shit
Oct 9, 2021 3:11 AM

Feb 2020
It was an okay start. Mirai and Emo are cute together. :3

Jan 3, 2023 10:41 AM

Dec 2012
As soon as I saw Stephen Queen's "TI", I knew I was getting a proper ex-PRI-rience. PriPara really sparked my interest in this franchise and I'm glad to see my next taste of it isn't disappointing. I like how it's keeping the idol performances while playing with some more innovative aspects of social media & content creation.

Now it's time to update my mental firmware and get hooked to Pri-chan's catchphrases & sentence enders.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiratto Pri☆chan Episode 7 Discussion

rikunandakedo - Jun 23, 2019

3 by Pipimin »»
Nov 3, 2023 2:36 PM

Poll: » Kiratto Pri☆chan Episode 51 Discussion

VanishingKira - May 23, 2022

1 by Destroyer31 »»
Aug 5, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Kiratto Pri☆chan Episode 50 Discussion

DreamingBeats - Mar 23, 2019

4 by Destroyer31 »»
Aug 5, 2023 10:48 AM

Poll: » Kiratto Pri☆chan Episode 4 Discussion

kamil88 - May 18, 2018

2 by Pipimin »»
Apr 16, 2023 3:27 PM

Poll: » Kiratto Pri☆chan Episode 46 Discussion

VanishingKira - May 21, 2022

0 by VanishingKira »»
May 21, 2022 2:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.