Forum Settings
Forums

Toei Animation Announces 'Dragon Ball Super Movie' for December 2018

New
Mar 12, 2018 9:30 PM

Jul 2009
Toei Animation announced on Tuesday that its milestone 20th Dragon Ball anime movie will be tentatively titled Dragon Ball Super Movie, a sequel to the Dragon Ball Super television anime series which is scheduled to complete its nearly three-year broadcast run on March 25.

Dragon Ball Super Movie, directed by Tatsuya Nagamine (One Piece Film: Z) and written by Dragon Ball series mangaka Akira Toriyama, will open in theaters in Japan on December 14, 2018. In a prepared statement, Toriyama said the movie "will shed a little light on previously unexplored topics having to do with Frieza and the Saiyans."

This will the first Dragon Ball movie to be released by Toei Animation in more than three years. The previous title, Dragon Ball Z Movie 15: Fukkatsu no F earned 3.74 billion yen in the Japanese box office to become the sixth highest-grossing domestic film in 2015. It was also nominated for the Animation of the Year award of the Japan Academy Prize.

Official site: http://www.dbmovie-20th.com/

Source: Moca News
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Mar 12, 2018 9:56 PM
Jul 2015
They said they will announce about it on 25 march, but they did it early.

And how can it be a sequel? The movie is about Saiyans and their past.

But I'm happy about it, hope they would release it in India.
Mar 12, 2018 9:59 PM
Jul 2018
Welp time to catch up with Super.

But in all honesty I don't thin Super is that bad, maybe underwhelming but will see.

But hey that's nice for those that likes it so.
Mar 12, 2018 10:08 PM

Jan 2009
there is a comment section by Akira Toriyama on the main site in the lower left side and it has an english version, i copy and pasted it here
Toriyama said:

The Dragon Ball Super movie this time aroundwill be the next story that takes place after the anime that's currently on TV.The content will shed a little light on previously unexplored topics having to do with Frieza and the Saiyans, and I think it will be a very enjoyable story that serves up a long-awaited formidable opponent!

With 2013's Battle of Gods, the previous installment Resurrection 'F', and now this time too, I've been the one writing the stories. I've also been drawing quite a few things for them, like design illustrations.I'm actually as busy as ever, and if I wasn't serializing anything, I'd have time to think about the anime with which I used to not have enough time to be involved.(laugh) So on that note, I very much hope you look forward to it!

By the way, I think the highly popular Dragon Ball Super manga, drawn by Toyotaro,is going to see some developments different from the TV anime or movies, so please look forward to that. Be sure to check it out, too!

i am more hype that the Dragonball Super manga will still continue after the anime version of Universe Survival Arc ends
Mar 12, 2018 10:25 PM

Feb 2013
This is the staff, btw. The news for some reason only mentioned the director

Original Author, Script, & Character Design: Akira Toriyama
Director: Tatsuya Nagamine
Animation Supervisor: Naohiro Shintani
Art Director: Kazuo Ogura
Mar 12, 2018 10:45 PM
Mar 2018
KYAH ITS COMING OUT A WEEK AFTER MY BIRTHDAY!!!! I don't mind the wait.
Theres so many possibilities to do with the story,like Goku and especially Vegeta finding out that Beerus had some involvement with the destruction of Planet Vegeta, despite Frieza committing the attack. Or even Goku's parents (both, not just Bardock) making an appearance.
OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!!!
Mar 12, 2018 10:55 PM
Mar 2018
It will be a great movie

edit: yeah... I was right
DanidevilXDApr 12, 2019 11:53 PM
Mar 13, 2018 3:02 AM

Oct 2016
I wonder if that the character design for the movie
Mar 13, 2018 4:36 AM

Feb 2012
Very nice, looking forward to this big time.

Just the wait will be quite long heh.
Mar 13, 2018 11:22 AM
Aug 2012
I hope it will be better than the DBS anime adaptation. Sucks that the anime will never live up to Z.
Mar 13, 2018 3:41 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Welp. Another cog in the machine.
Mar 14, 2018 11:49 AM
May 2015
Can't wait to see what it's about. I'm a bit burnt out on Super, but I hope this will have a great story.
Mar 14, 2018 4:25 PM

Aug 2010
Aw yeah. I'm always hyped for more Dragon Ball regardless, but it seemed more and more likely that Super would end on a cliffhanger, or at least with loose ends.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Mar 15, 2018 1:46 PM
Jan 2015
Can't wait, glad its a sequel too.
My Queens

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

8 by kataneer »»
21 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

4 by nec0_0 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
5 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no RozĂ©' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.