Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 22, 2008 3:11 PM

Feb 2008
i dunno, i like the dango song hahaha
Mar 22, 2008 3:12 PM
Cool Story Bro

Dec 2007
Damn this episode was beyond perfect.
Akio/Sanae/Okazaki's speech was really touching.
First time I drew a tear...Akio's encouragement and speech about family love.
Ending I believe was really awesome, too.
Love how Okazaki finally made a move and how happy Nagisa was.
Too perfect, love Key.
10/10 excellent!
Mar 22, 2008 3:25 PM
Aug 2007
Good final episode, and nice to see a happy (albeit predictable) resolution. However, definitely not tear jerking for me, merely slightly emotional. GAR Akio was awesome though. This definitely needs a season 2 but the Haruhi fanboy inside me can't wait much longer.
Mar 22, 2008 3:40 PM

Aug 2007
Not a bad episode. It may of ended in a predictable way, but it lives up to what the show is called. Well, it looks like I might have to wait till the OVA to see the conclusion of all the characters.
Mar 22, 2008 4:22 PM

Feb 2008
meh 22 episodes to finaly ask her out...gah

i suppose with all the stuff done and over with that was all that was left. finaly the others can put it all to rest, although it seems they already have.
Mar 22, 2008 4:49 PM

Sep 2007
I found it kinda cheesy, to be honest...but I've had issues with Clannad for about a month now. I enjoyed the series as a whole, and will probably drop my rating down to 8.
Mar 22, 2008 5:08 PM

Jun 2007
Yeah, it was a little rushed -- it could have very well been two episodes, with 23 as an extra OVA -- but I loved it.

Akio's speech was... amazing. Goodness. It really made the episode, IMO, and yes, I did cry. XD

Tomoya's confession was adorable! It was cute to see him so nervous. I think I would have liked more closure with his father, but whatever. Nothing to do about it now.

Anyway. Despite an emo Nagisa, this is probably one of my favorite episodes of Clannad. <3
Mar 22, 2008 5:25 PM

Feb 2008
Quite frankly, I think this was a pretty poor ending to the series, there again, I've only likes two endings to a series ever, so it might just be me...

Akio was awesome, as expected, but I really disliked Nagisa in this episode, she just cries too much...
Mar 22, 2008 5:32 PM

Oct 2007
Is it strange that I was laughing/crying all through the scene where Akio was yelling at Nagisa? XD (So fierce!) I just love him!

Emo!Nagisa is no fun, but the ending was overall pretty adorable<3 (No kiss though!!! >.<)
The party/date sequence was awesome, imo. And Tomoya is so much cuter when he's blushing♥ XP
As someone else said, it'd unfortunate he didn't receive any resolution for himself :/

I was hoping it would be a bit more emotional though...I cried a million times more at the end of the Fuuko arc, which reminds me - she never showed! She'll prolly pop up in the extra episode and/or the OVA XD

I think it would be great if there was second season! ^o^ Although I kinda doubt there will be...

Time for me to watch the movie~~
Mar 22, 2008 5:33 PM

Sep 2007
cyruz said:
Very nice final story episode. It didn't feel as emotional as I expected, ...

Yeah, I thought that too...wasn't even on the emotional level as the end of Fuko's Arc.

Emo-Nagisa was getting on my nerves... and Akio was the best part of this episode <3

All in all I'm a little dissapointed of the end... but it was an totally awesome Series and it will stay in my favourites for a while <3

End: 8/10
All in all: 10/10
cyruzMar 22, 2008 5:54 PM

Mar 22, 2008 6:12 PM

May 2007
Killer ending! Just brilliant...
Mar 22, 2008 6:19 PM

Jan 2008
I enjoyed the episode but I also felt like the ending was rushed and I wanted to see a kiss as well. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed his confession to her, but that was definitely a kissing moment, I mean it wasn't just I like you and want to date but I love you and want to be with you forever.

While I don't like seeing Nagisa crying and down it was to be expected since she loves her parents and thinking she killed their dreams would tear her apart. I was practically ready to yell at Tomoya to hug her when she was feeling so bad, but I guess they wanted to save that for his actual confession. Nagisa must not have read the part where Sanae mentioned how they never would have experienced the happiness they have with her if they hadn't given up their dreams (as was shown in the previous episode).

I also would have liked to have seen some of the other issues dealt with but since we have the next episode and the OVA yet we might get some more resolution.
Mar 22, 2008 6:59 PM

Nov 2007
NOOOO Clannad's over! I liked it but it was predictable.
Mar 22, 2008 7:27 PM

Dec 2007
I think the ending butchered a great 21 episodes. So much plot build up, for it to end so simply. Disgusting. At least, take from Kanon 2006's book, or even it's movie counterpart, in which had lousier graphics, but had far better storyline.
Mar 22, 2008 7:40 PM

Nov 2007
i found this series to be Disapointing, and Dull comparing it to kanon 2006 and AIR.
the Mystery, excitement, magic and above all, emotion in kanon 2006 and AIR was what i was expecting in Clannad, but i could not find any of those elements
i want to give clannad a 9, because i love key and kyoto animation's works and im nice, but considering THAT was the ending, im giving it a 8.5 ... which rounds up to a 9 o.O

i was really expecting more.. this is the first time kyoto animation Failed me
yuichii2Mar 23, 2008 12:08 AM

Mar 22, 2008 8:00 PM
Sep 2007
I think the whole Akio speech and Tomoya speech was awesome and they should've made them longe. Nagisa should've like answered back and then ad lib it from there. it would've been an awesome play if everyone in the room knew what was goin on lol
Mar 22, 2008 8:30 PM

Mar 2008
Great Episode it feel a bit rushed...
Mar 22, 2008 8:51 PM

May 2007
There is 1 more episode and an ova people. I thought the series was fine and I was satisfied with ep 22. A second season probably wouldn't work like you people want it to.
Mar 22, 2008 9:32 PM

Jul 2007
even if you could smell the ending miles away, that last scene with the song was powerful(the scenes with tomoyo and nagisa and finally the fade in with their names on the board)

damn. that was just perfect. especially with those drum beats.

FiiFO said:
off to watch the movie now ^_^

nearly forgot about that XD okay ima gonna watch it too
Mar 22, 2008 9:43 PM

Jan 2008
I saw the movie last week or somewhere around there... please don't tell me this is going to end just like that...
Mar 22, 2008 9:51 PM

Sep 2007
This entire episode made me go "meh." Akio's dialogue was probably the best thing ever, but other then that... I'm disappointed. Maybe it's because Kyou did not get enough screen time. Maybe

Overall, I'm disappointed.
Mar 22, 2008 10:13 PM

Jul 2007
awesome episode, I demand 11/10 for clannad
Mar 22, 2008 10:32 PM
Jan 2008
I saw someone post that they were so glad it ended up like this and not the movie/game... what did they mean? How did they end up differently?
Mar 22, 2008 10:36 PM

Jul 2007
You need to see the movie.. don't get it spoiled (you might actually regret it though, it's.. very sad)
Mar 22, 2008 10:43 PM
Dec 2007
restivesilence said:
I did like this episode, but I wished they hadn't rushed Tomoya's confession so much. They kind of just through it in at the end. Actually, this whole episode seemed rushed. Ah well, I shouldn't be suprised. :D

Yeah it seemed very rushed, i want more Clannad! I'm not satisfied with only that extra episode left =(
Mar 22, 2008 11:22 PM
Oct 2007
Good ending, wish they had a little bit more build up to the confession so that it would be a little bit more impactful.
Mar 23, 2008 1:23 AM

Oct 2007
Meh, could really see what was going happen, ended up with too much going on at once.

Mar 23, 2008 1:59 AM

Jan 2008
After watching this ep, I feel somehow dissapointed. The first half of this episode was just angst. It's not like that I don't like it, but... it didn't suit Nagisa well. Anyway, I don't get it why Nagisa can't perform just because (in her opinion) her parents gave up on their dreams. For me it was obvious that Akio and Sanae stopped acting and raised her, because parents always love their child and they'll do anything for their child's happiness. Why she didn't understand this? I thought she knew it from very begining.
And I hoped that Nagisa and Tomoya will kiss each other ;__; Uwa, I just waited for it... And I didn't get more than confession (Though I liked how Tomoya confessed XD For me it was the funniest part of this episode.).

Now I'm waiting for the summer vacation special and oav.

Mar 23, 2008 3:37 AM
Feb 2008
last episode was def. very well done, completely predictable but they wern't really going for a twist ending. i thought the way they did the scenes at the end to the music was done really well as well, was almost like a AMV =p
Mar 23, 2008 6:48 AM

Jul 2007
Well plz dont get mad cause this is only my opinion. :D
I really didnt enjoyed this episode and it really ruined my whole image for Clannad.Despite i voted it was an OK ep it wasnt but since i love Clannad i couldnt rate more down -.-
Anyways this ep was really rushed and so predictale omg. I hated it so much when everything i was expecting to happen just happened.In addition to that The whole Fuko Arc and the Alone girl seem like a lie now.I mean what was thw point of Fuko being a ghost etc when she healed after a few months and no1 remebered her neither did she?It like never happened... Also even if u bring the wedding as an excuse (which isnt) the random appearances are even more pointless... Same goes for the Girl.From the 1st ep we were w8ing to see what she was how she will find salvation or something and we treated her like a character that existed somewhere and will have a role in the story.In the end it was just the story itself... Also Tomoya still doesnt accept his father and hes confension was sooo rushed.That was also a big disapointment... I imagined it so different but that was just... normal? i guess... My english arent that good so i might confuse u sorry :(
Well all in all i enjoyed Clannad and i will enjoy it more with the extra the movie and the ova that i havent seen yet but i really believe that a last ep from an anime which showed as great things should be a loooooot better.
Oh and finally i can clearly say this: Kanon2006>Clannad>Air
Mar 23, 2008 8:10 AM

Jan 2008
you're not the only one cloud1234, maybe i was expecting too much, i like the jokes and stuff alot but the plot of the story isn't that interesting.

as for the last episode, i wouldn't blame them as we all know the episodes are limited. but nagisa is crying too much, the story about the 'girl alone' is abit dull. and alot of things are left hanging, tomoya and his dad for example.

6/10

edit: 4/5 for the final episode
idMar 23, 2008 11:14 PM
Mar 23, 2008 10:11 AM

Apr 2007
Err I didn't think it was that emotional. Dunno, it just didn't hit me that way. When Akio came up, and all of them started cheering her on, it was too awkward, I just couldn't cheer them on and feel all warm inside. It was cute, but it didn't move me.

All in all, a simple ending. I'm curious as to what the next episode will bring.

I loved Tomoya's confession though. When she started crying and smiled, she didn't even have to say "Yes". ^^

I wonder why the hell we didn't get a kiss though. In Kanon, it was too abrupt. This time, it would be perfectly timed, and still, a disappointment.
MaxwellLilyMar 23, 2008 10:14 AM
Mar 23, 2008 10:21 AM

Oct 2007
Nice episode. Good ending. More Tomoyo with glasses and Tomoya finally sayd it. Felt a bit rushed thou, but thats probaply because this was such a good show you didnt want it to end to early ><

5/5

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Mar 23, 2008 11:46 AM

Sep 2007
Eh. Is all I have to say. Since I was late in watching this, a lot of people have already said what I was going to say - like AngelLily. I didn't think it was that emotional. I still think Fuko's arc was more emotional than Nagisa's arc or Kotomi's arc or Kyou/Tomoyo's lack of arc.

Would be 7/10 if not for the fantastic humor so --> keeping my score of 8/10. Let's see about this extra episode..
Mar 23, 2008 1:16 PM

Feb 2008
I found that both Kotomi's and Fuko's arc had much more build up and emotion than Nagisa's. I really don't know what to score it, I've still got it as a 10 but I'm thinking of dropping it to as low as 8 if it doesn't pick up for the next episode and OVA.
Mar 23, 2008 1:45 PM

Oct 2007
wow it only took 7 people to get nagisa to do exactly what she's wanted since episode 1

shows technically over so I'm gonna say with the pacing issues that occured because of the episode drop makes this a 7/10
Mar 23, 2008 3:26 PM

Jan 2008
I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but I was reading on other sites that there's going to be some sort of special next week... after going to Wikipedia to find the episode listing it turns out that this episode is the last one and then the one upcomming is the special?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Clannad_episodes#Episodes

So the story ends like this?!?
Mar 23, 2008 3:29 PM

Apr 2007
If you check the episode title screen of episode 22, it says "Final Episode".

Don't forget that episode 24, the "OVA", is still yet to be released.
Mar 23, 2008 4:22 PM
Sep 2007
So the play only had a metaphorical sense, huh. I was hoping that it would be connected to something supernatural. Well, it was still pretty good though. Loved Akios speech when he barged into the room. <3
Mar 23, 2008 4:39 PM

Sep 2007
Good episode. It raised my overall rating for Clannad from 8 to 9.
I just hope they will make After Story into OVA, it would be just great!
Mar 23, 2008 5:54 PM

Nov 2007
It was too predictable for me and I think Tomoya's confession was too rushed. It was sort of disappointing but I'm leaving my rating for the series at 9/10. I voted 4/5 for this episode which was rounded up from 3.5/5.
Mar 23, 2008 9:31 PM

Feb 2008
Predictable, but I loved it. Fitting ending. Tomoya blushing and FINALLY confessing was a nice scene. I liked the song. I loved the way he put it too. So true to his character. "Wouldn't it be interesting to say that we're dating when we wake up tomorrow?" Also, Kyou why do you always seem to walk in on Nagisa and Tomoya when they're talking?

Akio was awesome as ever. I was starting to cry a bit when he comes in and yells at Nagisa. I thought that picture of the play in his old album from ep.21 had something to do with the End of the World play, since it kinda looked like that house in the illusionary realm, but guess I was wrong.

Something strange to me that I thought of. I never really particularly liked any of the girls more than the others, with the exception of Fuko, I liked the other 4 better (I know Tomoyo's in my sig, but that's just cause it was a cool render >>; ). In Kanon I took to Shiori right away. Oh well, I just like them all :)

...wait, what happened to Fuko? Is she gonna wake up from her coma or what?

So, it didn't beat Kanon for me in the end in terms of all-time favorite show (except Tomoya > Yuuichi), but I love this series so much. Definitely one of my favorites. Can't wait for the next two eps.

Err, what's with the cat in the preview?
Mar 23, 2008 10:02 PM

Jul 2007
I liked this series over all, but like others, I thought Nagisa's arc was lacking in drama/emotion, especially compared to Fuko or Kotomi. It's hard not to compare this to Air or Kanon, which IMO had a greater impact.

That said, I liked that this series, unlike the others, emphasized the family (dare I say 'clan') structures, both of actual families (like Nagisa's) and the 'family' that consists of friends for those who don't have functional families. I liked that all the characters, even the girls who didn't "win", remained friends even at the end.

Overall, it's hard not to like this series... it did so much right in terms of combining drama and humor. I'm glad there's still a couple of episodes remaining, and I will definitely miss waiting for this show once it's over.
Mar 23, 2008 10:15 PM

Aug 2007
how can it not end with a kiss......rofl
Mar 24, 2008 12:12 AM

Dec 2007
Great ending no matter how predictable it was.

Hoping ep. 23 will just be all comedy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2008 10:56 AM

Feb 2008
I liked the episode I guess...
Don't get me wrong, it was good. But I preferred the approach that the movie took to the Nagisa's play scene and Tomoya's confession. It was more dramatic.
Mar 24, 2008 8:22 PM

Nov 2007
Well, it wasn't as good as Kanon's last episode, but it was good nonetheless. I didn't start crying, though I have to admit that Akio's speech was really touching. Anyway, I hope that Tomoya and Nagisa's relationship will develop during the remaining two episodes and a S2 would be awesome.

A great series -- 8/10.
Mar 25, 2008 8:42 AM

Jan 2008
Against all odds huh? ^^
Everyone kept sayin' it's gonna and sad heh and I guess it's better to be wrong sometimes =)
Mar 25, 2008 6:38 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, what a great episode... even if I do agree that it felt a bit rushed... at the end I just felt like "omg it's over already?"

The Akio/Tomoya speech was awesome and made me cry... and Tomoya's confession at the end was great... and yeah, a kiss would've been nice.

9/10 from me, I love it.

BTW, anyone else think Nagisa will still be calling Tomoya "Okazaki-san"? lol :)
Mar 26, 2008 12:55 AM
Nov 2007
I wasn't happy with the second half of Clannad. They butchered up Tomoyo's and Kyou's part just so they could spend time on Fuko and Kotomi. I didn't even enjoy those two. <_<

7/10
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How many episodes

Hickykissy - May 2

5 by Swagotically »»
Yesterday, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Faust721 - Dec 13, 2007

206 by CalmTeaTime »»
May 1, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nodoka-koi - Nov 29, 2007

446 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 1, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Oct 19, 2007

137 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 1, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Oct 12, 2007

194 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 1, 6:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.