Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A.I.C.O. Incarnation
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2018 12:47 AM

Sep 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the Burst is due to the surgery performed on her, huh. Sounds kinda stupid, but I wasn't expecting much. Man, those Matter human-like things are creepy.
Mar 9, 2018 8:45 AM

Jan 2012
OMG, so much talking. i barely could end this epi... horrible and boring
Mar 9, 2018 10:53 AM

May 2016
I feel like they should’ve taken a different type of route with this anime. I.E they have no idea where the Burst came from.
Mar 10, 2018 7:17 AM
Oct 2011
A lot of talking this episode, so I'm hoping the next one will be full of action! ٩(◕‿◕。)۶
The first episode was quite a teaser, so many questions. This episode we get a lot of answers. We're lucky we get the whole series in one go. Perhaps that advantage was used by the producers instead of rushing with too much exposition in the beginning.

Looks like we've got a love triangle already too lol
And the concept of immortality with artificial bodies.... Looks like it comes with a cost if it causes the Burst... Sometimes I wonder if we'll get to that stage with science irl. I hear we are in the process of making an artificial brain already!
Mar 11, 2018 3:30 PM

Sep 2011

That was very bad in the first half, just jumping straight into it with info dumping terms, characters, and their roles. It was painful to sit through due to how fucking boring it was that they couldnt come up with even the slightest interesting way to tell us any of this, nope just sit down in a room for 12 minutes and have character drone on and on and on. I understood all they had to say but it was really hard to hold any interest and I think its safe to say, these 10 minutes might be the sole reason the show is getting bad reception cause it essentially just fucked up its entire groundwork in no time flat. People are likely going to zone out on alot of what they introduced here cause of how uninteresting it is and as a result get lost later on when the show is trying to be more complex than it can handle.

2nd half was alot better cause it wasnt paint drying boring. as i said in episode 1 i found these characters to be quite annoying so im not looking foreword to them being the bulk of the support cast, and i also question why the hell these people are being chosen cause episode 1 showed them being incompetent if anything with how their 2 teams nearly got the other killed at multiple points. Making it a competition is moronic as well cause they just increases the risk of them screwing up and compromising the whole thing, if the show was going to do this type of plot point it should of been revealed well into the mission near the end to guarantee theyd at least get to that point.

The brief scene of the 2 guys getting wrecked by matter was pretty cool, im at least somewhat hopeful even if this show is badly written that these sections could be fun cause of the monster designs and potential oppressive atmosphere. I am a sucker for these type of survival tones so if the show couldn't have more of a handicap from me in this place.

last stray note, the flashback of the obvious villain doctor guy's daughter dying was unintentionally hilarious, the way it just zooms in on a happy face then shows her immediately eat shit in an avalanche felt like a gag from gintama showing hasegawa about to be put into a deadly situation abruptly.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 11, 2018 4:52 PM

Sep 2016
Amazing second episode, Great OP and Visuals, great character designs

Will continue. 9/10
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Mar 14, 2018 3:41 AM

Nov 2013
Aiko was heavily injured in a car accident and to save her they transferred her brain to an artificial body and vice versa, which caused the matter to uncontrollable multiply and run amok. Interesting. I guess, that the artificial organisms are able to communicate with each other and the surgery triggered the Burst as some kind of defense mechanism. Maybe the brain, which was created using the artificial organisms and is residing in her original body, is controlling the matter.

That the matter can create human forms suggests that there is some level of intelligence. It reminds me of a movie, that I watched right before, Annihilation.

Just as the plan stands, she's taken by the hospital. The scientist is most likely planning to use her to cure his daughter.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 16, 2018 1:45 AM
Mar 2012
Cool OP, a bit like Kado's. Besides the two, the others don't really stand out.
Very dense infodump, but the brain body separation & artificial life pretty cool premise.
Those 2 cought divers & doctors talk seemed random, then the surprise lolwut daughter just coma from an avalanche? Sounds like this Yura doc is important.
Mar 18, 2018 2:08 PM

May 2012
While a bit slower paced as it had LOTS of information in this episode, I still quite liked it and looking forwards to learn more about what actually happened!
Mar 18, 2018 10:02 PM

Oct 2012
Gee, kids these days have no attention span. I can see how it could have been seen as a bit of an information dump but I thought it was quite fascinating with interesting sci-fi concepts and reveals.
Apr 30, 2018 12:24 PM

Jun 2010
Still liking it. Also I like the art and characters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2019 7:10 AM

Jun 2014
I'm bored and I'm giving this one another shot after dropping it after the first two episodes.
:3
Feb 4, 2020 11:05 AM

Nov 2015
who are these people in suits, living in that industrial area? neat a bunch are introduced at the same time.
damn it mystery guy is not revealed who is him yet, onto the next ep!
Berry-VodkaJun 25, 2020 11:54 PM

💢

Jun 25, 2020 12:57 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Interesting explenations, but I am sure we will find out way more stuff in the next episodes.

Feb 3, 2023 11:33 AM

Sep 2014
this story seems to be far more plot than character driven, not that that is wrong but the characters are the main reason I watch anime so I don't particularly feel like continuing
Jul 25, 2023 7:54 PM
Dec 2017
ta piola el anime la vdd

More topics from this board

Poll: » A.I.C.O.: Incarnation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tyrel - Mar 9, 2018

87 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 23, 11:56 AM

Poll: » A.I.C.O.: Incarnation Episode 1 Discussion

Tyrel - Mar 9, 2018

37 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Aug 17, 2023 8:06 AM

Poll: » A.I.C.O.: Incarnation Episode 6 Discussion

Tyrel - Mar 9, 2018

9 by OgregO »»
Jul 24, 2023 3:35 PM

» The Dub is Garbage

demision - Apr 11, 2018

8 by sometaters »»
Dec 5, 2022 4:15 PM

Poll: » A.I.C.O.: Incarnation Episode 4 Discussion

Tyrel - Mar 9, 2018

9 by AzureAshida »»
Nov 5, 2022 2:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.