Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 20, 2018 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, the training and seeing Climb working hard is almost inspiring.

Not bad for a buildup episode. There wasn't much action but it did give more insight for the people inside the empire and the Eight Fingers. Plus, we got to see a lot of personality from the princess too. Climb is also such a good guy :o

Sebas has also grown quite close to Tuare...
Stark700Feb 20, 2018 7:22 AM
Feb 20, 2018 7:38 AM

Jan 2012
Wait, what? Holy shit, that episode felt 2 minutes long like...holy shit. Well uhhhh, alright. More setup and that annoying Solution girl with the big, beautiful tits going behind Sebas' back to contact Ainz. She deserves death for that. Hopefully Ainz is smart enough to set her straight. My goodness though, so many obnoxious blonde haired characters I'd love to see Sebas brutally murder in this arc. Along with a few who seem okay. XD Seriously like 95% of people have blonde hair apparently. Not much else to say really, still blown away by how little it felt happened but I'm sure the setup will lead us places. It's like I said last week about viewing this all at once vs weekly.
Feb 20, 2018 8:00 AM

Mar 2012
Another day another Episode to watch on Tuesday.

Pretty much alright but they seem to have skipped quite a bit of dialouge and background info in this one..to bad some of them were my fav, other ln readers would guess why.

At least their is nothing major that would effect the story.

As for how next week it will play out, it should be like this

Feb 20, 2018 8:15 AM
Jan 2016
Ainz just can't catch a break in this episode, starts the day worrying about money, ends it with a bombshell that manages to override the undead status effect that keeps him calm.
Feb 20, 2018 8:18 AM

Nov 2014
I can't believe they cut it in that moment. Starting next season I'm waiting for anime to finish airing before starting it (who am I kidding, it won't work).

Ainz really went out of character after that call from Solution. For some reason I really like those moments.

animefan8800 said:
Wait, what? Holy shit, that episode felt 2 minutes long like...holy shit. Well uhhhh, alright.

Exactly my reaction lol
Feb 20, 2018 8:20 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm super into how they slowly move the pieces together here.

Renner gave me a crazy vibe for a bit but i'm not convinced just yet that she might be off. People refer to her as a monster for a reason then apparently?

Will Climb have a big role in this arc? I'm a sucker for underdog stories like that, i need him to do sth great.

Sebas is not fucking around anymore when it comes to Tuare. In before havoc.
Feb 20, 2018 8:22 AM

Dec 2010
Sooo princess Renner is friend with Blue Rose members and the boss who order them to burn the drug field, good to know, Climb is a crap but i expect this, the last part was a masterpiece, Sebas will surely kick some ass very soon now that he learned who is behind that slavery holding and do these things to Tsuare, lol at Solution, she is a evil slime, she think that Sebas want to betray Ainz. :D

This episode is just more an introduction of fanctions, evil and good side, next one will be amazing.

5/5

ps: Oh, this episode felt like it last 5 minutes, the time i start the vision it was already gone in blink of a eye. Good job Mad House, good job.
Fn76Feb 20, 2018 8:29 AM
Feb 20, 2018 8:31 AM
Mar 2017
Good episode! :3
17:34 Sebas.
My most sincere respects gentleman representative of elegance and chivalry
-
That princess being very kind, it scared me. 15:26 I had a bad feeling

FireCrauterFeb 20, 2018 8:34 AM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Feb 20, 2018 8:35 AM
May 2014
In this episode we got introduced to the most noble, alturistic and down-to-earth character in the Kingdom

Feb 20, 2018 8:38 AM

May 2017
What's up with the ridiculous amounts of blondes? lol I've noticed this since season 1
Feb 20, 2018 8:52 AM

Aug 2014
I miss the Lizards =/
Feb 20, 2018 8:56 AM

Dec 2015
More than half the episode wasted on some Princess bullshit...and Solution needs to find a solution for her shitty and annoying personality, I'm really getting tired of her.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 20, 2018 9:05 AM
Nov 2017
yuriski said:
In this episode we got introduced to the most noble, alturistic and down-to-earth character in the Kingdom

Feb 20, 2018 9:12 AM

Apr 2008
Ugh here comes the worst part of Overlord. The human trash known as Climb. Thankfully he didn't get that much screentime at least.
Feb 20, 2018 9:16 AM

Mar 2017
All I have to say really is:

MAQUIS MOTHERFUCKING RAEVEN IS HERE.

Can we have Charles Dance voice him in the dub? Okay, that's reaching too far but can we have the dub VA channel his inner Charles Dance?

Two of my favorite characters down. One more character to adapt, Raymond Zarg Lauransan, which will hopefully be the Davos Seaworth/Captain Faramir of this largely eh tale.

Darklight0303 said:
Ugh here comes the worst part of Overlord.

What are you talking about. Albedo's always been there.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Feb 20, 2018 9:20 AM

Apr 2008
le_halfhand_easy said:
All I have to say really is:

MAQUIS MOTHERFUCKING RAEVEN IS HERE.

Can we have Charles Dance voice him in the dub? Okay, that's reaching too far but can we have the dub VA channel his inner Charles Dance?

Two of my favorite characters down. One more character to adapt, Raymond Zarg Lauransan, which will hopefully be the Davos Seaworth/Captain Faramir of this largely eh tale.

Darklight0303 said:
Ugh here comes the worst part of Overlord.

What are you talking about. Albedo's always been there.

Nope it's Climb and his sickeningly shounen protagonist nature.
Feb 20, 2018 9:23 AM

Mar 2017
Darklight0303 said:

Huh, I was always pretty sure it's Ms. I'm-a-yandere-bitch-because-it-sells-and-everyone's-gonna-love-me-anyway.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Feb 20, 2018 9:24 AM

Apr 2008
le_halfhand_easy said:
Darklight0303 said:

Huh, I was always pretty sure it's Ms. I'm-a-yandere-bitch-because-it-sells-and-everyone's-gonna-love-me-anyway.

No that's just you having tunnel vision.
Feb 20, 2018 9:28 AM

Oct 2013
Yo man just kill those nobles and have Solution eat them to get rid of the evidence
Feb 20, 2018 9:28 AM

Sep 2011
Interesting, they moved Solution's message to Lord Ainz forward, and I actually think that was probably a good decision because of the difference in format from the LNs to the anime, and the fact that it doesn't really change anything significant anyways. I'm excited to see some of the fights from volume 6 that were a little rough in the LNs... Just writing about a fight's not easy, but animating it should come off a lot more fluid.

The differences between how Yen Press and Crunchyroll have translated some of the names in the past couple episodes (Tsuare vs Tuare, Succuronte vs Succulent) is a little strange and annoying though...
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Feb 20, 2018 9:31 AM

Feb 2018
What's up with all the hate for Renner???

I really don't understand it... O.o o.O O.o o.O O.o
Feb 20, 2018 9:32 AM

Apr 2008
MistLiigh said:
Interesting, they moved Solution's message to Lord Ainz forward, and I actually think that was probably a good decision because of the difference in format from the LNs to the anime, and the fact that it doesn't really change anything significant anyways. I'm excited to see some of the fights from volume 6 that were a little rough in the LNs... Just writing about a fight's not easy, but animating it should come off a lot more fluid.

The differences between how Yen Press and Crunchyroll have translated some of the names in the past couple episodes (Tsuare vs Tuare, Succuronte vs Succulent) is a little strange and annoying though...

Yen press is trash so what do you expect
Feb 20, 2018 9:38 AM

May 2017
I liked this episode but it was short as hell

I had to smile when momonga mentioned that hes short on money and then theres Sebas giving that thug a bag full of plat coins ^^

Btw Momonga, his reaction to Sebas possible betrayel was funny as hell

Renner seems to be a great character, Im curious if she really has a dark side (judging from the ed song)

So both Sebas and those chick adventures(+Renner) have a quarrel with the Eight Fingers, wanna know how this will play out
Feb 20, 2018 9:39 AM
Aug 2016
TheInspiredConj said:

She's a sociopath, hiding her true nature behind a façade of kindness.
Feb 20, 2018 9:43 AM

Feb 2009
This episode felt quite rushed. Like, they skipped a lot of lines in the conversations between Sebas and other characters. The whole blackmail scene felt so generic due to that...
Anime ga daaaai suki!!! Computer Engineering. Japan is awesome!!!
Feb 20, 2018 9:46 AM
May 2015
animefan8800 said:
Wait, what? Holy shit, that episode felt 2 minutes long like...holy shit. Well uhhhh, alright. More setup and that annoying Solution girl with the big, beautiful tits going behind Sebas' back to contact Ainz. She deserves death for that. Hopefully Ainz is smart enough to set her straight. My goodness though, so many obnoxious blonde haired characters I'd love to see Sebas brutally murder in this arc. Along with a few who seem okay. XD Seriously like 95% of people have blonde hair apparently. Not much else to say really, still blown away by how little it felt happened but I'm sure the setup will lead us places. It's like I said last week about viewing this all at once vs weekly.

No she's not wrong at all. Anyone not from Nazarick should be treated with lots of suspicion. They are an outsider. Especially a weak human. Why is Sebas spending so much time and resources on a weak human instead of furthering the cause of Nazarick? This is what's going on in her head. Sebas is not being forthcoming and he is not telling Ainz anything so of course she should be suspicious.

It works out to benefit Nazarick as we will see in the next few episodes but she did the right thing. I like Solution and she is only thinking about serving Ainz and benefitting Nazarick.

Also Renner is not what she seems...
pleasebekindFeb 20, 2018 9:50 AM
Feb 20, 2018 9:55 AM

Apr 2008
pleasebekind said:
animefan8800 said:

No she's not wrong at all. Anyone not from Nazarick should be treated with lots of suspicion. They are an outsider. Especially a weak human. Why is Sebas spending so much time and resources on a weak human instead of furthering the cause of Nazarick? This is what's going on in her head. Sebas is not being forthcoming and he is not telling Ainz anything so of course she should be suspicious.

It works out to benefit Nazarick as we will see in the next few episodes but she did the right thing. I like Solution and she is only thinking about serving Ainz and benefitting Nazarick.

THANK YOU! Someone FINALLY gets it. Sollution did nothing wrong from the point of view of someone LOYAL to Nazarick. Hell the fact that Sebas is making up excuses to avoid informing Ainz is the biggest mistake here.
Feb 20, 2018 9:57 AM

Sep 2015
I know the LN fans will be annoyed by this, and tell me Overlord is about world building, but I live for moments in Overlord like when Ainz and the gang are on the giant cube and the lizard people are pissing themselves.

Badass shit like that has me on the edge of my seat. I didn't start this show with the impression that I'd be spending 10 minutes per episode wondering who the fuck these irrelevant characters are and how I'm going to go about remembering their names.

Call me ignorant, but it is my personal opinion that this show was more enjoyable, if only for me personally, when stuff like liberating Carne Village was the highlight, and not going off on tangents with 10 new characters each episode.
Feb 20, 2018 10:09 AM

Jan 2017
"She's doing it off and on...it has become what I can only describe as a verbal tic."

^^ that killed me

May 2015
Darklight0303 said:
pleasebekind said:

THANK YOU! Someone FINALLY gets it. Sollution did nothing wrong from the point of view of someone LOYAL to Nazarick. Hell the fact that Sebas is making up excuses to avoid informing Ainz is the biggest mistake here.

Hey I got you. And yeah you are totally correct.

Also the characters that everyone hates are being introduced right now because it is "soooo boring". These characters are going to be crucial players for the next few story arcs.

Don't worry anime watchers, there's a storm a brewin'... and i don't mean with Eight Fingers...
pleasebekindFeb 20, 2018 10:18 AM

Dec 2014
Lakyus is really pretty, and I mean way prettier than Renner.

Ayyy Marquis Raeven, he looks like everything I imagined him to be. He's one noble I don't seem to hate for some reason.
Feb 20, 2018 10:18 AM
Aug 2016
LeMasta said:
Lakyus is really pretty, and I mean way prettier than Renner.

Ayyy Marquis Raeven, he looks like everything I imagined him to be. He's one noble I don't seem to hate for some reason.

It's probably because he's the most down-to-earth person in the kingdom.
Feb 20, 2018 10:20 AM

Dec 2014
Interesting episode, lot of setup.

I do get the feeling that there's more to Renner that what she seems but let's wait and see. I did like Lakyus and Climb is decent too.

I sorta get why Solution is suspicious of Sebas but I can't really see Sebas doing things that would inherently harm Nazarick but informing Ainz is not a bad idea and it's definitely good to let him know of the situation since Sebas for some reason didn't want too.

I hope Sebas wrecks those goons that were trying to extort money from him.
Feb 20, 2018 10:27 AM

Jul 2013
Ainz's reaction to the possible treachery of Sebas was fucking hilarious, tbh.
Feb 20, 2018 10:31 AM

Sep 2013
I know they have to cut things to fit the screentime but cutting away all the limb moments like him doing his morning routine and thoughts at the meeting makes me sad :'(
Atleast they shortened the sebas getting put in a bad spot by the bad guys since that was a mess.
Feb 20, 2018 10:40 AM
May 2013
animefan8800 said:
More setup and that annoying Solution girl with the big, beautiful tits going behind Sebas' back to contact Ainz. She deserves death for that. Hopefully Ainz is smart enough to set her straight.

joe_g7 said:
Solution needs to find a solution for her shitty and annoying personality, I'm really getting tired of her.

Actually, Solution did the right thing, its Sebas who went out with his own decision and not telling Ainz(whether Ainz will approve it later or not). Remember, he had to report everything that happens everyday. Solution even warned him beforehand. And looking at how things went with Shalltear before, she had every reason to be suspicious. For her, its simple, Ainz > Sebas .

Darklight0303 said:
Ugh here comes the worst part of Overlord. The human trash known as Climb. Thankfully he didn't get that much screentime at least.

I agree with you wholeheartedly... Reading about him in the LNs was the most annoying part of the whole series (so far)

TheInspiredConj said:

Don't worry, you will be enlightened soon enough...
I also feel sorry for those (anime only watchers) who are fascinated by Renner and Climb...lol

Feb 20, 2018 11:08 AM

Jun 2015
Renner is not what she seems... Ainz's reaction to the possible betrayal of Sebas was funny.
Feb 20, 2018 11:14 AM

Oct 2013
Haven't read the novel.
But, let me guess how this will play out

Ainz: Sebas, did you betrayed us for real?!
Sebas: No, my Lord, I only got a human gf
Ainz: Oh...I see, good for you, guess all this chat was for nothing...
Sebas: And it seems like the Top Mafia from this kingdom is after me now
Ainz: Then just beat them to the ground. Have a good day.
Sebas: It shall be done Ainz-sama

Feb 20, 2018 11:16 AM
May 2015
Zahylon said:
Haven't read the novel.
But, let me guess how this will play out

Ainz: Sebas, did you betrayed us for real?!
Sebas: No, my Lord, I only got a human gf
Ainz: Oh...I see, good for you, guess all this chat was for nothing...
Sebas: And it seems like the Top Mafia from this kingdom is after me now
Ainz: Then just beat them to the ground. Have a good day.
Sebas: It shall be done Ainz-sama

Come on...this is Overlord...It's going to be way darker than that
Feb 20, 2018 11:23 AM

Dec 2017
Sebas is a natural lady-killer damn, i like his personality, the most human than any other Ainz guardian, of course Solution will get suspicious seeing Sebas doing so much for a girl.

after read the manga, there are so many converstion being left out, Climb suppose to be eavesdropping and talked a lot more, and the discussion about allegedly human trafficking is just too short.

still cant wait for more though, the manga ends here, shit i have to wait a week again:(
Feb 20, 2018 11:28 AM

Dec 2017
Kin088 said:
Don't worry, you will be enlightened soon enough...
I also feel sorry for those (anime only watchers) who are fascinated by Renner and Climb...lol

you got me intrigued very much sir, can you tell me a sneek peek what kind of bad stuff they planning??, you make me want to read the LN. reading the manga, i can see that Renner are planning in some bad shit.
Feb 20, 2018 11:32 AM

Jul 2014
This was a slower episode again, and if I'm honest pretty much all I got out of it is that Solution is being a bit ridiculous (really, to waste Ains' time and call Sebas' actions a betrayal is nonsensical) and that Tuare looks a lot like the Princess (don't know if anything will come of that, but it was very easily noticeable this episode).
Feb 20, 2018 11:32 AM

Mar 2010
Ainz wanting a sponsor & the princess thats gonna get in big trouble, they are obviously are the answer for each other
Sebas won't be reprimed of course he will be complimented, not only he saved a person in need but also made one of the novilities expose himself, secured an info source & a bait that will lure the rats from their holes. Probably Solution will be scolded and maybe even punished.

PS
it really felt short
Feb 20, 2018 11:49 AM

Apr 2008
LOL people expecting or hoping Solution will be punished. Your naivety is adorable.
Feb 20, 2018 11:54 AM

Jun 2014
Mostly a setup episode for future events, but the most interesting part (for me at least) was Solution telling Ainz about Sebas' possible betrayal behind his back. I'm interested in seeing how that will develop.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 20, 2018 12:05 PM
Varangian Guard

Mar 2015
Aaaaaand here comes Sebas in his Hokuto no Ken mode in next ep. I'm so hyped.
Feb 20, 2018 12:34 PM

Apr 2017
Even if there was no action in this episode, I didn't notice 20 minutes were over that fast.

The episode name says "Blue Roses" but we didn't actually get to see much Blue Roses.
Feb 20, 2018 12:36 PM

Mar 2010
Darklight0303 said:
LOL people expecting or hoping Solution will be punished. Your naivety is adorable.

only bought it up as a possibility but you surely confirmed it as a negative
Feb 20, 2018 1:16 PM
Feb 2018
Solution's great.

Love Lakyus!
Feb 20, 2018 1:16 PM

Aug 2012
I love Ainz reaction at the end. Huh?Eh?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2018

197 by RayousSR »»
Apr 24, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

254 by WienGirl »»
Apr 21, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2018

174 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 25, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

354 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2018

206 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 2:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.