Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2010 11:17 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
so, a-tan gave up and that marks the end of the a-tan arc

looks like things will be "normal" for a while
I only read chinese translated manga
Mar 24, 2010 10:33 AM

Mar 2010
I took a look at the raws. Idk what they are saying but it seems like Hayate says something very emotional before a-tan leaves. I hope its a confession!. but sadly its probably only an emotional 'thank you'. Damn it! I am going crazy over this! Somebody translate it! I cannot convert from Hayate x A-tan to Hayate x Nagi!
Captain Soap Mactavish doesn't die. Not even a knife to the heart can stop him. *insert Chuck Norris joke here*
Mar 24, 2010 12:04 PM

Mar 2010
Translation just came out....I seriously hope its wrong. Everybody vote 1 out of 5 for this chapter! T.T
I will probably stop reading this for a while.
Captain Soap Mactavish doesn't die. Not even a knife to the heart can stop him. *insert Chuck Norris joke here*
Mar 24, 2010 1:55 PM

Nov 2007
While its sad to see Athena go, im not just gonna stop reading now....I welcome back w/e sort of comedy Hata wants to bring for another 30 or so chapters, lets just hope this doesnt turn to pure comedy for 100+ chapters again since last time that caused me to lose interest in the manga.

As for Athena....well even though we know she'll show up again I doubt it will be anytime soon, and the way they ended this arc somehow satisfied me...its almost like she won the harem, but wanted to leave the price for whoever comes in 2nd lol
Mar 24, 2010 11:01 PM

Aug 2008
game8910 said:

As for Athena....well even though we know she'll show up again I doubt it will be anytime soon, and the way they ended this arc somehow satisfied me...its almost like she won the harem, but wanted to leave the price for whoever comes in 2nd lol

ya almost exactly like that.

great chapter it made me sad a bit them saying they loved each other. but even with that, thats gotta be the best way to end love relationship between main character and late coming Major character.

at least Hayate leaves off with thinking if he ever will have a chance again to say he loves someone deeply again. and at this point its pointed at Nagi, but it can still be anyone.
Mar 24, 2010 11:20 PM

Aug 2009
Well thats that. Hayate can move on from this and start to love nagi.

http://jedikieth.mybrute.com/ -Fight MyBrute! Be my Pupil!
Mar 24, 2010 11:33 PM

Oct 2007
Athena...
):
Mar 24, 2010 11:48 PM

Aug 2009
Athena already won. but she gave up the prize.

She won from the beginning of the series.

http://jedikieth.mybrute.com/ -Fight MyBrute! Be my Pupil!
Mar 25, 2010 12:51 AM

Sep 2007
Why ? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ?! :(
I don't want to be separated of A-tan ...
Mar 25, 2010 1:09 AM

Nov 2007
I really do hope Hata doesnt drive away from the main plot again TOO much, as much as I want some comedy as well...I really wanna know what happens now

http://gamesmind.wordpress.com/2010/03/25/hayate-no-gotoku-ch265-goodnight-sweet-goddess/

my thoughts on this chapter....excuse while I go weep in my corner now
Mar 25, 2010 1:42 AM

Jan 2009
nooo there going to make the best girl in the series a side character... nooooo how could they! I guess she just came in to late for her to be apart of the main girls :(. It's not fair :(
Mar 25, 2010 2:27 AM

Nov 2007
Awww ... having A-tan around would have made Hayate so much better T_T oh well Hinagiku is good enough xD
Mar 25, 2010 4:36 AM

Feb 2008
so that's what they went with? she and he gave up too easily. i have a feeling that isn't the end of that, but there are more pressing matters to attend to.
Mar 25, 2010 8:34 AM
Mar 2010
*sigh* A-tan quickly became my favourite character in the series. Nagi is getting way too annoying.
Mar 25, 2010 12:37 PM
Apr 2009
:( a-tannnnn
why
why why why why hwyhywhywhwywhy wywhwyhwywyhwyh
fml.

now what next -.-
Mar 25, 2010 1:23 PM

Sep 2008
uh oh....hopefully not random crap again -_-

great arc.
Mar 25, 2010 1:35 PM

Dec 2007
And so it ends. Hayate lost his loved one yet was finally lifted from a huge weight on his shoulders. A great chapter despite the sad environment.
Mar 25, 2010 3:52 PM

Jun 2008
I hate to discuss this, but in the end the only thing that most Hayate no Gotoku fans are waiting to see is "who will Hayate choose, if anybody", and with this chapter, A-tan is probably out, our only remaining hope is Hinagiku.

Unfortunately like most manga, they can't help but pair up the main male and female characters. It's a trend that has to STOP. Not every main male and female characters should be paired, This is a perfect example.

I don't hate Nagi, but she's not the right choice. It's not because she's loli, or tsundere, or annoying, but because the other two female characters are SO MUCH BETTER THAN HER, and most of the fans AGREE.

Other HORRIBLE main male and female pairings:

Souske and Chidori (better choice: Tessa)
Negi and Asuna (better choice: ANYONE ELSE)
Harima and Tenma (oh wait, in the end Eri won, THANK GOD)
Mar 25, 2010 4:01 PM

Oct 2008
Why?
Mar 25, 2010 4:53 PM

Feb 2010
WONDERFUL chapter, was taking a while to move on but it finally ends. Time to move on... but come on its gonna be a while till Hinagiku tries to confess again :( I guess that means this manga has a long way to go which is great!
Mar 25, 2010 6:29 PM
Jan 2009
I have a feeling theres going to be another time-warp thing where Hayate travels into the FUTURE this time.. and Nagi is going to be all grown up. And then boom, main pairing there. done. sigh. -_-;
Mar 26, 2010 2:34 AM

Nov 2008
And so ends the Athena Arc / Rescue Athena Arc - good chapter - and the ship seems to have sunk for now anyways - it seems like hes finally moving on from the past - and as is she though - I honestly highly* doubt this is the last weve seen of Athena. (not sure of the capacity well see her in again but we will)

Though just a side note but the way the question of "Will I ever say I love someone" etc again with Nagi right in the panel? I could be taking that wrong but seems like a hint , though to me the end pairing has seemed most likely to be Nagi or ! No end pairing lol With Athena and Hina always right behind- onto the next arc!
Mar 26, 2010 9:22 AM

Sep 2008
kpax12 said:
I have a feeling theres going to be another time-warp thing where Hayate travels into the FUTURE this time.. and Nagi is going to be all grown up. And then boom, main pairing there. done. sigh. -_-;

The purpose of the time-warp thing was to show that Hayate and Nagi's butler-master relationship transcends through time. Hayate is such a dedicated butler to Nagi that he manages to go to the past in order to save his lady who was in trouble at the time. It is really a sweet and powerful part of their character development. I don't know if traveling to the future has any ulterior implications like that, then for the sake of traveling to the future.

alexcampos said:
I hate to discuss this, but in the end the only thing that most Hayate no Gotoku fans are waiting to see is "who will Hayate choose, if anybody", and with this chapter, A-tan is probably out, our only remaining hope is Hinagiku.

Unfortunately like most manga, they can't help but pair up the main male and female characters. It's a trend that has to STOP. Not every main male and female characters should be paired, This is a perfect example.

I don't hate Nagi, but she's not the right choice. It's not because she's loli, or tsundere, or annoying, but because the other two female characters are SO MUCH BETTER THAN HER, and most of the fans AGREE.

Other HORRIBLE main male and female pairings:

Souske and Chidori (better choice: Tessa)
Negi and Asuna (better choice: ANYONE ELSE)
Harima and Tenma (oh wait, in the end Eri won, THANK GOD)

Don't impose yourself onto others. And don't think you're speaking for the majority of HnG fans out there. Its obvious that you have strong feelings towards specific anime couplings, but the way you state your opinions as facts, and try to force your opinions onto others is annoying.
My favorite pairing is Hayate x Nagi. I'll admit Hata's too cruel in terms of giving Hayate so many likable candidates. (Most other shows like this usually only has one reasonable/likable candidate, and the protagonists usually picks her anyway. With the rest being drivel)
I honestly would be satisfied if Hayate ends up with any of them, they would all be potentially cute and interesting couples. Hina, Ayumu, Maria, they are all great. But Nagi and Hayate would still be the best imo. And from the looks of it, Nagi has been really maturing these past few chapters, by breaking the jewel, accepting that Hayate has other girls who hold meaning for him (allowing him to eat dinner with Hina, allowing him to meet with A-tan), and hopefully Hayate will see that and start looking at Nagi differently. Hata-sensei sure alludes to it in this chapter :D
Mar 26, 2010 2:45 PM
Jun 2007
Ouch, my arms and legs hurt from being in a fetal position for way too long.

Like most people in this thread, I'm a bit saddened at this conclusion of this arc. I've liked the HayatexA-tan pairing and jumped on the bandwagon after the EoTW arc. Personal feelings aside, this parting makes perfect sense to focuse on the aftermath of what Nagi did to the jewel. A-Tan would just be, er, a distraction in a story arc that will be important to Nagi's development....character development, I mean. She'll probably stay a surfboard forever. lol
Mar 26, 2010 6:38 PM

Apr 2008
alexcampos said:

Isn't it sad, Ayumu-tan? D;
Mar 28, 2010 7:34 AM

Nov 2009

This is all a matter of opinion which should be obvious, but it must be stated. I actually agree there could have been better pairings, although i still like most of those to some extent, (^.^) but when the mangaka creates the characters he prob has the general idea of his pairing ( I would guess they don't Wing whole arcs and stories). He/she is going to make said person the lead character so we learn more about her, have her be more unique... etc.
That being said i would appreciate a pairing that is not tsundere... Please?
Mar 28, 2010 8:35 PM
Nov 2009
NAGI FTW
Sep 30, 2010 10:40 AM
Oct 2009
Perfectttttttttt. GO GO Hina!

Oct 5, 2014 4:28 PM

Jan 2013
Disappointed... at least bring A-tan with you.

What next? Ruining my Sakuya X Koutaro ship?
Apr 13, 2017 1:53 PM

Mar 2014
No A-Tan come back!
Jun 12, 2021 7:33 PM

Jan 2011
goddamn ginturd on OP

I got tons of history with this arc so let me blog
2008/9: a mutual friend of mine and cousin talk to me about Hayate series. I can only imagine. Few months later I sleepover in cousin house and he bought Hayate. I read them
2010, March. I read Athena’s past volume (the golden one I believe?)

2010/1 moving school, got animax there. Watch Hayate to season 2 (or the one with Konomekaze)
2011 make MAL account, continue reading Hayate in cousin’s place. Finding THIS chapter titled KONOMEKAZE

1 decade later. . (imagine stuck in this site for a decade)
March
Reread that Athena volume. Their story is sweeter than I remembered. Why they make that season 3 instead of adapting Athena’s volume?
Nvm that, season 2 skip huge portion of manga to end with Hayate time traveling to kid-Nagi then end on Greece (the hat chase scene). What happen few chapters ago? Wataru’s mother’s flashback. (I swear I ranted about this before). What’s the problem? It drop a BIG revelation connected to Greece and Nagi’s mom from years ago and yet this isn’t what got adapted.
May
Rereading this make me realize how Nagi is a valid competitor in the race instead of looking at her as another entitled main heroines who do nothing

June
Finally arrive on this chapter again. Final rant, the fan translation of this chapter title it “leaf breeze”. Like I’m sure people making official license here watch it less than fans but how could they not catch on the Konomekaze reference? 1 job and you screw it
but other than that Konomekaze, I see Athena’s word to Hayate from flashback. Now that I learn more Japanese than 2011 she said Konomekaze lyric to Hayate. So Konomekaze link isn’t simply singular song made for Hayate in general, the lyric was then taken to wrote Athena’s line from her volume all this time.
Also how King Midas tale end allow me to see how Athena and Hayate story wrap up here.
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 517 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

6 by TheLostLight »»
Feb 15, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 569 Discussion

Icedout15 - Apr 5, 2018

3 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 568 (Final Chapter) Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishkoten - Apr 9, 2017

77 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 567 Discussion

Ishkoten - Apr 6, 2017

8 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 566 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2017

2 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 3:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.