Forum Settings
Forums

Warner's Live Action Movie Project of Bleach Surfaced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jul 21, 2010 5:53 PM

Jun 2010
Okay, I'm sorry for calling you out like that, it was uncalled for, my apologies. My point is that I'm hoping Bleach can still be adapted and retain the original spirit, and I'm hoping it isn't Americanized, because I think that'd be pretty hard to do. Maybe I was being a bit too general when I stated the average American who doesn't read manga wouldn't know about this.

At the same time, I'm aware that Fox put out Dragonball Evolution, that's why I keep saying that with WB trying to make it, maybe it'll turn out good. After all, Fox sucks, and Summit Entertainment, who did "Astro Boy," is only standing these days because of Twilight.

So I'm sorry for what I did, we both just want an adaptation that retains the Japanese references and still works well.
"All creatures want to believe in something bigger than themselves. They cannont live without blind obedience. And to escape that pressure of trust, those in whom faith is placed in turn looking for someone higher than themselves. And those people in turn look for someone higher. That is how kings are born. That is how all Gods are born."
-Sosuke Aizen, Bleach
Jul 21, 2010 6:03 PM

Feb 2008
MikamiTeru90 said:
Okay, I'm sorry for calling you out like that, it was uncalled for, my apologies. My point is that I'm hoping Bleach can still be adapted and retain the original spirit, and I'm hoping it isn't Americanized, because I think that'd be pretty hard to do. Maybe I was being a bit too general when I stated the average American who doesn't read manga wouldn't know about this.

At the same time, I'm aware that Fox put out Dragonball Evolution, that's why I keep saying that with WB trying to make it, maybe it'll turn out good. After all, Fox sucks, and Summit Entertainment, who did "Astro Boy," is only standing these days because of Twilight.

So I'm sorry for what I did, we both just want an adaptation that retains the Japanese references and still works well.

No need to apologize. I completely understand where you're coming from. One of the series I'm a fan of had a movie come out last year. I had heard about it when I started reading the books four or so years ago, and I was majorly disappointed when I saw it. The mood was changed, its first three books were crammed into one movie. The trailers went out of their way to spoil, and other things were changed for no apparent reason.

With a track record like that, and I'm sure far more terrible examples. It's perfectly fit to be skeptical of adaptations that hollywood puts out.
Jul 21, 2010 6:16 PM

Jun 2010
Damonashu said:
MikamiTeru90 said:

No need to apologize. I completely understand where you're coming from. One of the series I'm a fan of had a movie come out last year. I had heard about it when I started reading the books four or so years ago, and I was majorly disappointed when I saw it. The mood was changed, its first three books were crammed into one movie. The trailers went out of their way to spoil, and other things were changed for no apparent reason.

With a track record like that, and I'm sure far more terrible examples. It's perfectly fit to be skeptical of adaptations that hollywood puts out.

OT I know, but might I ask what series that was?

Back to topic, with WB being in charge here, I'm hopeful for this. Reasoning?

Over the last few years, they've been putting out some terrific stuff. Read, The Dark Knight.

Arguably Dark Knight doesn't belong here being that it's a non-anime, but did anyone not like that movie? I sure did.

In fact, WB has never, as far as I know, adapted an anime into a live-action film, so maybe I should be a bit more open hearted. At the same time, though, seeing so many anime/manga butchered when adpated by American studios makes it a bit hard to be that way.

Furthermore, WB also did Harry Potter, which involves many aspects from different cultures. Those weren't cut.

Looking at Dragonball: Evolution - well, who made it? Fox. Fox has been releasing one dud (both artistic and usually financial) after another bar Horton Hears a Who since The Simpsons Movie in 2007. And Astro Boy? Summit Entertainment. If it weren't for Twilight, they probably wouldn't be standing.
"All creatures want to believe in something bigger than themselves. They cannont live without blind obedience. And to escape that pressure of trust, those in whom faith is placed in turn looking for someone higher than themselves. And those people in turn look for someone higher. That is how kings are born. That is how all Gods are born."
-Sosuke Aizen, Bleach
Jul 21, 2010 8:29 PM

Feb 2008
MikamiTeru90 said:
Damonashu said:
MikamiTeru90 said:

OT I know, but might I ask what series that was?

Back to topic, with WB being in charge here, I'm hopeful for this. Reasoning?

Over the last few years, they've been putting out some terrific stuff. Read, The Dark Knight.

Arguably Dark Knight doesn't belong here being that it's a non-anime, but did anyone not like that movie? I sure did.

In fact, WB has never, as far as I know, adapted an anime into a live-action film, so maybe I should be a bit more open hearted. At the same time, though, seeing so many anime/manga butchered when adpated by American studios makes it a bit hard to be that way.

Furthermore, WB also did Harry Potter, which involves many aspects from different cultures. Those weren't cut.

Looking at Dragonball: Evolution - well, who made it? Fox. Fox has been releasing one dud (both artistic and usually financial) after another bar Horton Hears a Who since The Simpsons Movie in 2007. And Astro Boy? Summit Entertainment. If it weren't for Twilight, they probably wouldn't be standing.

Cirque Du Freak, or the Darren Shan saga depending where you live. It's a lovely little dark adventure series, and when I say dark I do mean dark. Which compliments the crowning moments of heartwarming when they appear.

On subject, Harry Potter is the main reason I'm optimistic about this. I mean there are things that WB did change but not they weren't plot relevant, and I read somewhere that they possess 50% of Viz media, so I'm willing to believe that they'll respect one of their investments.
Jul 21, 2010 10:21 PM

Jun 2010
Damonashu said:
Cirque Du Freak, or the Darren Shan saga depending where you live. It's a lovely little dark adventure series, and when I say dark I do mean dark. Which compliments the crowning moments of heartwarming when they appear.

On subject, Harry Potter is the main reason I'm optimistic about this. I mean there are things that WB did change but not they weren't plot relevant, and I read somewhere that they possess 50% of Viz media, so I'm willing to believe that they'll respect one of their investments.

Yeah, what was changed in Harry Potter for the first two wasn't that bad, and the reason the fifth sucked so bad (in my opinion) was that it had a crappy script. Additionally, we can't really hold WB responsible for that - hold the screenwriters/directors.

Of course, David Yates, IMHO, is a bad director (though he has mildly made up for that with the sixth), but that's another story. And he's not involved with this.

Back to topic, while the fact that WB made Speed Racer could be used as an argument against them, let's look at the facts: with that movie, they put too much emphasis on special effects and too little on story. But those were different filmmakers, and Speed Racer, arguably, isn't that Japanese - so why should we worry they'll do that to Bleach?
MikamiTeru90Jul 21, 2010 10:25 PM
-Sosuke Aizen, Bleach
Jul 22, 2010 7:14 AM

Mar 2009
........... *sigh*

Jul 25, 2010 5:07 PM
Apr 2010
omg if it turns out to be anything like how bad avatar was or twilight.. im gonna hurt somone....
Jul 25, 2010 5:15 PM

Jul 2007
Well I guess it can't be any worse than the anime. I hope.
Jul 25, 2010 5:28 PM

Sep 2009
I don't get why allmost everyone are against the idea of a live action movie. I'm a true Bleach fan, and I'm reading the manga and watching the anime. I think it would be exciting with a live action movie! Bleach would propably get a lot more fans, and manga and anime would propably get some more attention from people who wants more of Bleach! and maby I could get a version of Grimmjow in 3D to fall in love with, too xD
Jul 25, 2010 5:39 PM

May 2010
Hollywood should just give up on these anime adaptions and ACTUALLY COME UP WITH SOMETHING ORIGINAL!
Aug 2, 2010 1:45 AM

Jan 2010
lol , this will turn out to be shit

like the Dragon ball z movie

and Tekken will be a shit too
Aug 2, 2010 2:01 AM

Apr 2009
rofl this thread is still alive XD

i dotn even think this shit is going to come actually.. they'll probably drop the project
Aug 5, 2010 12:22 PM
Jun 2010
how about no
Aug 6, 2010 8:57 AM
Apr 2010
For something that's not even finalized yet you guys sure do bitch and complain alot.
Aug 6, 2010 11:13 AM
Feb 2010
Just looool.

Some live actions are good. I love the Deathnote ones so much that I even bought them but the majority of them are crap. And this, this will be terrible. But hey, it's bound to make some fans out there happy, right?
Aug 6, 2010 11:48 AM

Mar 2008
Wait... Wat?
Aug 12, 2010 6:14 AM
Sep 2009
Is there any way we can stop this from happening?
Aug 15, 2010 5:45 PM

Oct 2008
togeyanagi said:
Is there any way we can stop this from happening?
after thinking for a few seconds , i've decided that i wanna join you :) bleach live action , is a big NO-NO
Aug 15, 2010 6:32 PM
Jun 2010
giganoBrago said:
oh boy i cant wait *sarcasm*

what is it with hollywood and trying to make live actions for anime and manga? all they do is massacre everything about it

I have to agree with this. I did however enjoy the Sailor Moon Live Action. Of course, it wasn't done by Hollywood either.
Aug 18, 2010 6:08 PM

Jul 2007
Lena_chan said:
chinlamp said:
JePiNaY said:
I can't believe they're doing this...

They're not.

A direct quote from Kubo:

Tite Kubo said:
"If it were possible to do Bleach as a live movie, then I wouldn't have drawn the manga. I want to draw something that can only be done as manga."

phew i hope that's true. They can't do that for christ's sake. it will end up fail like dragonball. i mean it doesn;t fit to be a movie.

Exactly this. Please, no more anime as live-action butchering. The Last Airbender was the last straw.

Aug 19, 2010 12:17 AM

Nov 2008
no no no usuo daru ....! T_T
it will be an other failure ....!

but wait ... maybe it comes out well ...!!!! (just kidding )

Aug 19, 2010 1:20 AM

Feb 2009
Maybe it'll be a 90 minute documentary on innovative uses for Bleach
Aug 21, 2010 2:10 AM

Jul 2010
Jiynnx said:
Just looool.

Some live actions are good. I love the Deathnote ones so much that I even bought them but the majority of them are crap. And this, this will be terrible. But hey, it's bound to make some fans out there happy, right?

I agree that they did a great job with Death Note, but it was made in Japan where Anime has a massive following. The producers know what the real Anime fans want. I think the only way this might work is if they brought in a Japanese Director and maybe a Japanese Executive Producer to oversee the project and try to make a live action Anime. Either that or some really die hard American Anime fans. Otherwise it will be DBZ all over again.
Aug 24, 2010 4:28 AM

Oct 2008
I seriously cannot imagine Aaroniero in live action.

A "human being" with a lava lamp for a head

Just looooooooool
Aug 24, 2010 5:08 AM

Sep 2009
.....its gonna turn out bad -_-"
Aug 24, 2010 5:48 AM

Nov 2009
this news is a joke!
HAHAHAHAHAHA XD

or is it true? 0.o
HAHAHAHAHAHA XD

this movie will be a sure fail to the critics and fans, so i am free to troll^^
HAHAHAHAHAHA XD

just....100% lol *starts giggling* then, HAHAHAHAHAHA XD

Aug 24, 2010 4:01 PM

Aug 2007
SweetlyKaoru said:
Lena_chan said:
chinlamp said:
JePiNaY said:
I can't believe they're doing this...

They're not.

A direct quote from Kubo:

Tite Kubo said:
"If it were possible to do Bleach as a live movie, then I wouldn't have drawn the manga. I want to draw something that can only be done as manga."

phew i hope that's true. They can't do that for christ's sake. it will end up fail like dragonball. i mean it doesn;t fit to be a movie.

Exactly this. Please, no more anime as live-action butchering. The Last Airbender was the last straw.

The Last Airbender isn't anime.

Anyway this shit will be terrible.
Aug 30, 2010 1:40 AM

Nov 2008
HOLY S***!!!! It's confirm?! They're doing it?!
Aug 30, 2010 3:33 AM

Jul 2010
Expecting major "lols" from this project if it is indeed confirmed.
Will you be able to do.... what must be done?

Aug 30, 2010 10:56 PM

Jul 2010
I am wondering... how did we come to this?!

*ponders*

No, really... the thing with live-actions and Hollywood is getting out of hand. These guys are going to butcher everything that can bring ANY income.

Expect Gundam, Code Geass and Gintama with special actors such as: Zac Efron as Lelouch, the Jonas brothers as main characters in Gundam and probably an afro-american actor as Gintoki (last airbender race-bending connection).

Really...

And then there are countries (such as mine) that will make huuugeeeee commercials and ads about the motion picture when they haven't even tried to translate the series (I won't even comment on mangas in here...).

Aug 31, 2010 6:35 AM
Nov 2009
O-Okay. This takes the cake.

*faints*
Aug 31, 2010 9:23 PM

Aug 2010
I'm sensing another dragon ball evolution...
Sep 9, 2010 11:55 AM
Aug 2010
Hmm...the creator and writer of the series did not favor live-action. And I am in agreement that it will most likely be terrible if done by an American company.

That aside, I'd be perfectly willing to let someone work on it...if anything it will increase exposure of this media.

At least let them try...who knows, they may actually get it right. If they never try however, we'll never really know.
Sep 9, 2010 12:31 PM

Oct 2007
Oh boy.

Let's get ready for another Dragonball Evolution
Sep 9, 2010 12:44 PM

Aug 2007
Rerednaw said:
Hmm...the creator and writer of the series did not favor live-action. And I am in agreement that it will most likely be terrible if done by an American company.

That aside, I'd be perfectly willing to let someone work on it...if anything it will increase exposure of this media.

At least let them try...who knows, they may actually get it right. If they never try however, we'll never really know.

They will never get it right.
Sep 12, 2010 7:33 AM

Nov 2009
Ahahah...
I never saw this post. (Never saw) I've never seen this before...
Go to hell Hollywood company who is doing this (Go to hell)

And just when i finally started to like Bleach...(I'm really starting to like it)
=.=
Sep 16, 2010 11:03 AM

Aug 2010
if this movie show up it will end like dragon ball revolution...
Sep 18, 2010 8:51 PM

Jan 2010
my worst dream came true -_-..
Sep 18, 2010 9:09 PM

May 2009
Please Hollywood, stop while you're ahead. Touch an actually good series and I will seriously be mad.
Sep 18, 2010 9:26 PM

Dec 2007
This..will...be...bad...
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Sep 20, 2010 8:42 AM

Jun 2008
LOL!!!
no way!
Sep 21, 2010 2:12 PM

Aug 2010
Sep 21, 2010 8:00 PM

Sep 2009
My face is about to crack with seeing this (putting on mask...)

-.-

Made by me xD

Sep 21, 2010 8:35 PM
May 2009
Sep 21, 2010 9:39 PM

Aug 2010
Oh no, not again. First Dragon Ball, then Avatar, NOW THIS?!? Give me a break Hollywood!
Sep 22, 2010 3:12 PM

Aug 2010
Yes! I love seeing Hollywood screw up anime, with their bad casting, and lame dialogue.
Sep 22, 2010 3:24 PM

Feb 2010
I would totally watch this, turning shit into bigger shit alright!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2010 7:13 PM

Aug 2010
Tch! Even Evolution's special effectcs were awful! Eh, this film I probably wouldn't watch.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Sep 23, 2010 7:49 PM

Nov 2006
Sep 24, 2010 9:29 PM

Aug 2010
Why does hollywood want to ruin everything?

First DBZ, then Avatar: The Last Airbender and now Bleach. What's next? A Naruto or One Piece live action movie?

I am not a fan of any action oriented anime being made into live action, it will never look as good as the actual anime. This is gonna be a major fail.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
7 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
46 minutes ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
3 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
4 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.