Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 17, 2021 8:47 PM

Nov 2013
This anime hits like a truck. I'm not a girl but I can relate to it.
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Oct 24, 2021 8:40 PM

Jan 2016
Bruh I thought Megumi was only jealous but she actually went and started some terrible rumors. What???? "I didn't want you to have anything because I am nothing". Bruh still not a good reason to start terrible rumors. Kimari sure is forgiving.
Nov 7, 2021 2:38 PM

Nov 2013
Now i feel stupid.
I didn't figure out that Megumi was a snitch all this time.
But i like her anyway. I cried like a bitch, because she just loves her gurl and doesn't want her to go.
Jan 4, 2022 1:42 AM

May 2009
Gvendoline said:
Now i feel stupid.
I didn't figure out that Megumi was a snitch all this time.
But i like her anyway. I cried like a bitch, because she just loves her gurl and doesn't want her to go.
I saw Megumi being noticeably unsatisfied with how Mari was treating her this episode, but I didn't think she'd actually be the "villain".

Though I did notice that she started acting odd this episode and even in the previous episode's preview for this one.

Heck, I thought that this was gonna end in Megumi getting angry at Mari, telling Mari to pay more attention to others' feelings -- kinda like the revelation that Shirase underwent a couple episodes prior, on the subway, when she realized she hadn't been caring about others' feelings and Hinata basically said "You're just now realizing that?".

Looking back at previous episodes, I think it's only in the previous episodes where Megumi starts acting a bit weird, and it's rather subtle. There is one scene leading up to that in episode 3, but that's still more Megumi behaving rather normally then reacting to Mari's actions. I wouldn't have suspected her to be behind this stuff from the getgo. The only way that'd make sense, in my opinion, is to have the understanding that Megumi was (consciously or subconsciously) trying to keep Mari around because it gave her a purpose in life, but this wasn't clear at all. I also figured that someone had just overheard them to know about the money, so I think this subplot would have worked better had that been sus in the first place.

I agree with @MasterGhost and @Tarotist that this plot line was handled rather abruptly and with @HerrSaitamaX's take in that I think this subplot seemed somewhat overly dramatic in what Megu did. And I agree with SeaJaeger that this might have been averted if there was more screentime to show her thoughts.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
May 19, 2022 11:52 AM
Nov 2020
i already thought that there were something wrong with megu. she seems jealous,I think she enjoy being like a mommy around kimari. why cant megu go with them.
Jun 4, 2022 7:22 AM

Feb 2020
Poor Megumi.. :( I'm really glad they made up. <3

Well, the girls are ready to go. Let the adventure begin!
Jun 19, 2022 9:34 AM
Jan 2018
She only left with a backpack and the others had suitcases is there going to be a gag where she notices she forgot something or did she ship her clothes etc in the box’s.
Aug 13, 2022 1:51 AM

May 2020
Well hints were always there, and this episode just confirmed the obvious. Megumi being no longer able to carry that feeling of casting aside did something so unfriendly, well jealousy is a dangerous thing for a reason. Though that didn't stop the girls and more specifically Mari with her determination, so better forget about this 180 seconds of drama.

Journey started finally.
Nov 21, 2022 6:19 PM

Dec 2018
i'm not even sure what to say; that was really moving.
Nov 25, 2022 8:44 PM

Oct 2022
In a way, I guess I can see where Megumi's coming from. It's understandable to feel that way, and it was better that she talked to Kimari about it. It sucks when friends move on without you, but I really hope they remain friends at the end of everything.
Jan 29, 2023 12:50 PM
Jan 2023
Good thing Megu was honest. I like that her antics didn't break up their friendship.

Mar 20, 2023 6:36 AM
Dec 2013
D1tchd1gger said:
-Selling seashells on the seafloor would be hard 😂
-Was that the actual tongue twister in Japanese or did the subtitles pick one that worked better in English?

The Japanese tongue twister that Shirase was butchering is a poem about a red pond skater.

Instead of "The red pond skater A - I - U - E - O" she says "The pond skater is red because of love."
Jul 29, 2023 10:19 AM
Jan 2023
Mari and Megumi's friendship seems to have been a toxic one all this time. Surprised I didn't notice her behaving strangely, but now that I look back on it, she had been.

Seems the journey really begins, can't wait to see what happens.
Jul 31, 2023 5:32 PM

Feb 2018
Loved how Megu-chan found the courage to admit her doings. After all we're only human. ''Breakup rejected'' aww :')
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

383 by hhnnoovvaa »»
Apr 1, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2018

399 by ReyanshManta »»
Mar 29, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2018

165 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Feb 25, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2018

158 by X_Lynn_X »»
Feb 14, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2017

305 by Vosson12564_cool »»
Feb 13, 4:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.