Forum Settings
Forums

Specifically, Anime or Manga that changed your outlook in life

New
Jan 26, 2018 2:44 AM

Jul 2013
In any way shape or form, negative or positive, small or significant impact.

For me, it was Shinsekai Yori. Made me hate sniveling brats, but encouraged me to show a little more compassion to the people around me in spite of their personalities.
"I've always seen failure as a possibility, but never as an option."
vndb||Serumeito Twitter||Discord: Bunny of Wrath#3201
Jan 26, 2018 5:27 AM

Sep 2017
Gurren Lagann.

I saw myself in Simon so much. I kinda grew with him, in a way. I felt like Kamina was talking to me as well. TTGL taught me to be brave and confident, to blaze my own trail and be my own hero. :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2018 6:08 AM

Sep 2011
Hmm, I'm not sure an anime would ever have that kinda affect on me.. can't really think of one off the top of my head.

They're just cartoons, wouldn't really think something you watch when your drunk for entertainment is gonna change your life. Maybe I'm going into this all wrong?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Jan 27, 2018 1:48 PM

Nov 2017
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica

One of the most amazing anime of its decade.
Jan 27, 2018 2:43 PM

May 2016
Pupa changed my outlook in life. It made me realise I don't condone cannibalism
but i'm not mad at it if it happens
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Jan 27, 2018 4:30 PM
Jun 2017
Jigoku Shoujo because I learned that something that I may think is really minor could actually impact someone else a lot. But even so, I'm still a terrible person.
Jan 28, 2018 12:45 AM

Apr 2016
Angel Beats and Anohana are two anime that have left a impact on me.

Very recently I watched A Silent Voice which might be my favorite movie ever. That one is definitely going to stay with me for a long long while
--------------------
soundcloud.com/dnaha

Jan 28, 2018 2:24 AM

Jan 2017
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge, made me more lazy.
F
Jan 28, 2018 4:05 AM

Jun 2014
Bakemonogatari pretty much shaped my entire perception of the world. It has had a great influence on my train of thought and outlook on life.

Jan 28, 2018 5:51 AM

Jul 2017
Assassination Classroom. Koro-sensei is one of the best teachers I've ever had.
Those who can't do what they have to when the time comes for action will find their presence fading in our classroom. An assassin who neglects to sharpen his blade is no assassin at all. He's just a boastful brat swinging around a rusty sword.
Jan 28, 2018 6:01 PM

Jun 2017
Madoka magica, specifically the last 15-20 minutes of the rebellion movie.

I'm Baby
Jan 28, 2018 7:21 PM

Feb 2017
Quite a lot of anime have done that to me. After Ping Pong I get real serious about fencing.
Jan 28, 2018 7:50 PM
Jan 2018
FantasticFufu said:
Gurren Lagann.

I saw myself in Simon so much. I kinda grew with him, in a way. I felt like Kamina was talking to me as well. TTGL taught me to be brave and confident, to blaze my own trail and be my own hero. :)

I second this heavy. Gurren Lagann has been pushing me through adolescence every step of this long, depressing way. I can't express how much it means to me in words at the moment, but it has affected me greatly and truly changed me, my attitude, how I interact with others, how I deal with loss, and my motivation.

The Monogatari series as well, because in Senjougahara it has provided the only fictional character I actually might be in fucking love with. Every time I see her on screen my eyes light up and I feel warm inside.

I think early on Naruto and Dragon Ball changed me, but not because it changed my outlook on life. They have led me to some of my closest relationships and to explore anime, a creative medium I love.

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you engage or ignore what you hate?

deg - Yesterday

17 by LightWorker »»
4 minutes ago

» Has anyone ever told you in real life that "You are enough"?

LenRea - Apr 30

43 by Eleben »»
5 minutes ago

» why are the nordic countries so happy? ( 1 2 )

deg - Mar 29

83 by LoveYourEyes »»
5 minutes ago

» I got a girlfriend recently and she gets really emotional when i pay for things for her. Why do you think that is?

TheBlockernator - 4 hours ago

12 by _Nette_ »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Bear or Man?

_Nette_ - 10 hours ago

15 by KitsuFrost »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.