Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 19, 2018 9:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lacia really looks human this episode with her personality and role. I think she' make a good wife

The OP song is alright (fits for this show) by the theme of it. (very sci-fi flicky with the action elements) I think this episode is still trying to build more into the relationship between Arato and Lacia.

Lacia also looked really good with her clothes this episode, like a fashion model.
Jan 19, 2018 10:25 AM
Jan 2012
kind of slow and boring. first ep was better. I hope the show doesn't keep this pace.
Jan 19, 2018 10:32 AM

Apr 2016
Chris_Pirtle said:
kind of slow and boring. first ep was better. I hope the show doesn't keep this pace.
well I guess since it’s 24 episodes we can expect that kinda pace.
2D > 3D
Jan 19, 2018 10:47 AM

Nov 2016
I enjoyed the interaction between Arato and Lacia,looking forward to more of that and how things between humans and hIEs are going to develop.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 19, 2018 10:49 AM

Jul 2014
A lot slower than the first episode, but if this really is gonna be 2-cour then I can live with that. Not really sure where it's gonna go from here, but it looks like the redhead at the end is planning to cause some trouble for Arato and Lacia, if nothing else.
Jan 19, 2018 11:01 AM

Sep 2016
Did they seriously just have a conversation in the subway about how she couldn't bring her monolith thingy along because it would be too conspicuous only for her to somehow have it with her during the next scene? This sort of plothole really makes it hard to take a show seriously. How did those scenes happen in the LNs?
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Jan 19, 2018 11:01 AM
Nov 2011
I'm actually glad they decided to take things slow. While not the best episode overall, I much rather they take the time to build a world, characters, and story, than just action action action. Kouka makes an appearance after the ending as well which was nice, next episode should be more exciting
Jan 19, 2018 11:04 AM

Jun 2015
Not as good as the first episode. It's just Lacia participating in a boring, fashion show. It can be quite dangerous. Kouka is going to cause some trouble.
Jan 19, 2018 11:15 AM
Jul 2017
Hey does anyone know what the Songname is, which is playing at the middle of the episode ?
Jan 19, 2018 11:32 AM

Apr 2008
This was much better than the first episode, which was kind of a confusing mess. So it looks like humans can be "hacked" by AIs? That has some interesting impications. Maybe AIs have already taken over and humans haven't even noticed it?
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Jan 19, 2018 12:00 PM
Aug 2017
RAYZEN1337 said:
Hey does anyone know what the Songname is, which is playing at the middle of the episode ?

I'm trying to figure this out. It sounded a lot like the Shelter music (from Porter Robinson & Madeon), although remixed. Unfortunately, I'm not sure there is a track for this (yet?). I'll keep looking for it a bit more though.
Jan 19, 2018 12:03 PM
Jul 2017
I contacted a japenese friend and he´ll give me the lyrics maybe I´ll find it. When I do I will let you know.
Jan 19, 2018 12:06 PM

Jun 2015
Very slow, barely made it through so boring, I seriously dislike this kind of pacing
Jan 19, 2018 12:08 PM

Sep 2015
I’m calling it. Lacia is gonna die in the future after Ofc falling in Love with Arato
Jan 19, 2018 12:14 PM
Feb 2015
I must admit, the music is surprisingly good
Jan 19, 2018 12:21 PM
Sep 2016
Can't explain why shows with 6 this season are way more entertaining and fun to watch than the higher rated ones XD
(OK.. That OP.. Dayum!)

I know despite a lot of world building and character development someone's gonna say it's slow (because..no fight scene)
1.1.Six
Jan 19, 2018 12:22 PM
Sep 2016
Chris_Pirtle said:
24...for real?!
OK.. I gotta check on that
1.1.Six
Jan 19, 2018 12:40 PM

Feb 2015
Nice soundtrack but this episode was pointless nonsense. 15 mins of Lacia walking round in fancy dresses. Wasted episode especially if its one cour
Jan 19, 2018 1:22 PM
Dec 2017
Crashmatt said:
... this episode was pointless nonsense. 15 mins of Lacia walking round in fancy dresses. Wasted episode especially if its one cour

Apparently it'll be 24eps and it was worth showing us that our future world is a totally shallow, mindless consumer society utopia/dystopia worthy of utter destruction. Thus we won't mind if Mega-Tokyo is hit by a Shelter-grade asteroid or rogue HIEs wreak havoc.

By the way, are all HIEs gynoids (female form androids) in-world? Is there a law against creating male robots, cause they would be more dangerous, if going rogue (thinking of Roy Batty)?
Tacsk0Jan 19, 2018 1:35 PM
Jan 19, 2018 1:23 PM

Apr 2016
That OP is super nice sounding as well as visually appealing. Lacia is hot nuff said and she looks fine đź‘Ś
2D > 3D
Jan 19, 2018 1:27 PM
Dec 2017
nerdokingoftrash said:
Did they seriously just have a conversation in the subway about how she couldn't bring her monolith thingy along because it would be too conspicuous only for her to somehow have it with her during the next scene? This sort of plothole really makes it hard to take a show seriously. How did those scenes happen in the LNs?

I hope that wasn't sloppy QC, just the boy MC got a micro-sleep while on commuter train and it was his dream sequence.
(After all, Japan is the place of QC maniacs, where the anime director personally reviewed every single frame of Garupan to make sure there weren't any no pantsu flash hidden in it, despite the best effort of animators.)
Jan 19, 2018 1:27 PM
Jul 2017
JudoJD said:
Chris_Pirtle said:
24...for real?!
OK.. I gotta check on that
It says 24 on livechart.
Thats really weird to me, usualy these kinds of anime adaptions only get 12 episodes to lure people into the source material wich makes more money and costs less to produce. But with 24 episodes studios seems to care more about presenting a good product to the fans. Instead of your typical adaptions that just serve as glorified advertising. These kinds of adaptations have a bigger chance for a sequel as well, although it is very early to even think that at this point in time.
Jan 19, 2018 1:34 PM
Dec 2017
Hinata said:
I’m calling it. Lacia is gonna die in the future after Ofc falling in Love with Arato

If so, then we've already seen that series past spring, though their artificial warrior girl was a Leprechaun rather than Lacia. It's conclusion reminded people of a russian expletive.
Jan 19, 2018 1:41 PM
Dec 2017
That petite loli fashion designer diva, she's an expy from Paradise Kiss anime if I remember correctly.
Jan 19, 2018 1:50 PM

Aug 2014
gomennasai said:
This was much better than the first episode, which was kind of a confusing mess. So it looks like humans can be "hacked" by AIs? That has some interesting impications. Maybe AIs have already taken over and humans haven't even noticed it?

By the looks of the preview that seem like where it's heading. Also besides the beginning there really doesn't seem to be any emphasis on retrieving the hiE's kinda foreshadowing like this is a test of sorts.
Jan 19, 2018 1:51 PM

Mar 2016
nerdokingoftrash said:

Look closely at the scene again. The monolith is placed upright near their seat in the subway train. I had to rewatch that part too because I had the same question.

Anyway, this episode was still a bunch of nonsense. I mean, Lacia is supposed to be a high-end, runaway hIE that the Memeframe Corporation is undoubtedly seeking to recapture. You'd think that parading her like that for the entire world to see would be the LAST thing one would do.
Jan 19, 2018 2:05 PM

Feb 2014
Modelling eh? hiE sure is a handful. Btw tracks in this show are really a beat!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 19, 2018 2:10 PM
Feb 2015
2nd episode and I was right to hate MCs sister, and really, a fashion show? Does the writers are just putting what ever the bs idea they have into the anime?

If they want to so desperately introduce a concept to us, they should not have taken this long, we already are aware of the hatred towards hIE from the first episode.

They wanted some chill time but I dont expect any decent, mind-blowing fights. The first episode was like "ok there is going to be robot wars, and these badass ladies are the ones behind it". (I wont say how ambiguous is the relation ship of these hIEs)

Oh and guess what, a friend of MC is against hIEs... what a mind blowing turn of events! did not call it, but was not all that surprised. he new far too much about hIEs.

plot holes... yada yada yada...

i dont know, the only characters i see depth in are the robot chicks... why am i even expecting some ideological, psychological depth in this anime!?

i give up, i will watch it for the plot i guess...
Jan 19, 2018 2:22 PM

Aug 2013
Damn another 2-cour show on Fridays? This, Toji no Miko and Grancrest Senki? Wow that's weird. So not a whole lot happened but it was kinda nice to have some chill time even though I was expecting some legal issues to pop up. World building occurred but I'm interested to see what the Red-haired chick is gonna do. Also, out of the three shows that I mentioned before, this is probably the one I'll stick with.
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 19, 2018 2:47 PM

Aug 2017
With the ending scene here, cue first arc for you "this is too slow" people. Pacing's quite fine at this point given its 2-cour status. Good world-building occurring here, and a relatively upbeat tone for this episode with some dark tones lurking in the background. Consumerist society with a very standoffish attitude towards hIE. Also, to further clarify analog hacks, it's basically when a human mistakes an hIE for another human, acting accordingly.

Some interesting new stuff added with the rooftop scene, but I felt that it was a good touch to expand on the dynamic between Lacia and Arato. With Kouka's appearance, I'm ready to see another flip between the two halves of this show's genre composition.

Good stuff so far, soundtracks are pretty solid too.
Jan 19, 2018 3:05 PM

Dec 2016
Found some of the ost from the mid section, and it was 3 years old already...

https://soundcloud.com/lowkeytamale/beatless-pas-lam-systemtrust
Jan 19, 2018 3:07 PM
Oct 2017
there is nothing complain about the anime itself. since it is adapting 1 novel chapter per episode.

1 thing i concern about : those EDM music, i kinda heard some NCS music or Alan's xD
Jan 19, 2018 3:15 PM
Oct 2017
HiddenArmy said:
Found some of the ost from the mid section, and it was 3 years old already...

https://soundcloud.com/lowkeytamale/beatless-pas-lam-systemtrust

thank you very much indeed!
Jan 19, 2018 5:05 PM

Jun 2017
I liked the opening, it fits the show.

Am I the only one thinking that Lacia is acting extremely weird? I kinda got the vibes that she is baiting Arato to do lewd stuff or something, could be some kind of "are you a good owner?" test too lol.

Things are also starting to get more interesting but yeah, showing off Lacia to the world wasn't the brightest idea when they barely know anything about her. Yuka seems to treat her like a machine not a person, I wonder if that will cause some conflicts in the future.

Jan 19, 2018 5:37 PM

Dec 2016
Ultimate waifu mode initiated.

Wow that was very awkward for him, having everyone on that train stare at him, was funny though.

Lacia has had a very good start as a model, she drew quite a lot of people.

Analog hack seems like it could be dangerous at times, might see something big happen of it sometime.

Oh no it's that red one again, so Kouka is her name and she called Lacia her sister, I sense big trouble.
LukesYGO_WSonYTJan 19, 2018 5:42 PM
Jan 19, 2018 5:44 PM

Dec 2015
Summary: robot anime girl is hot and does stuff.

You would think that the people who developed Lacia would instantly have a lead to her when they live streamed her doing her fashion thing. Are they just not looking at all? The one kid said not to get involved, so he knows something, shouldn't they go collect their stuff, yeh? Wouldn't you want your hot robot ass back right away?? I guess we'll see what happens next episode.
Jan 19, 2018 5:59 PM
Jan 2015
I had to laugh out loud when I realized they were going to have a corny robot fashion show for almost the entire second episode.

I really want to like this show, especially hopeful for a more science fiction based world (as opposed to fantasy), but not sure we’ll get one.

The MC takes ownership of a rare and valuable robot girl who he randomly meets and not only doesn’t question her or the situation but allows her to get huge publicity in a fashion show. Huh? I guess all his friends will get free robot girls too?
Jan 19, 2018 6:41 PM
Jul 2018
The fashion bullshit was horrid and unnecessary. I also don't understand the point of having a submissive heroine alongside a pathetic protagonist like him. Only a moron would let their qt android become a fashion model.
Jan 19, 2018 6:46 PM
Jul 2011
Someone have the song at 15mn pls ? :d
DjemsJan 19, 2018 6:50 PM
Jan 19, 2018 6:51 PM

Aug 2012
Don't have much sense. But I don't know why the people complain about unnecessary dialogues when series like bakemonogatari and nisemonotagatari have a lot of unnecessary and useless dialogue and the people love it.
Jan 19, 2018 6:56 PM

Apr 2008
Kuinshi said:
gomennasai said:

By the looks of the preview that seem like where it's heading. Also besides the beginning there really doesn't seem to be any emphasis on retrieving the hiE's kinda foreshadowing like this is a test of sorts.

Yeah, it's awfully convenient for them to just let a rogue AI which is basically a one-man army to get all the media attention in the middle of Shibuya. It's probably no coincidence Lacia just bumped into the MC like nothing: he's implied to be the son of an important figure.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Jan 19, 2018 8:19 PM

Dec 2016
i have plenty reasons to watch beatless, I would be the 1st one standing for it if needed.. but what is to be done here really? a whole episode just for the modeling stuff.. seriously?? -_- as soon as i saw that character from the fashion company i knew i wasn't going to like it... but wtv hopefully we're done with all this fashion stuff already.

On a side note: i love the opening theme ever since i listened to it on the 2nd PV <3 i was so looking forward for its release!
-_Shiro_-Jan 19, 2018 8:22 PM

Jan 19, 2018 8:27 PM

Jan 2018
This was the weirdest anime episode I've watched in a while.
Jan 19, 2018 8:38 PM
Jan 2017
The episode takes its sweet time to develop Arato and Lacia's relationship at the same time it shows how humans handle society's widespread use of robots. I'm interested to see what role will the escaped robots play in future episodes and how are Arato's friends involved. So far, this show shapes up to be more than just a romance story.
Jan 19, 2018 9:28 PM
Jan 2009
I think this may actually be the worst show I've seen in a very long time

shitty art
shitty animation
shitty directing
shitty op/ed
shitty characters with no personalities
shitty music
no real plot, just this dumb fucking copypaste main character who has a subserviant waifu, and they do stuff
complete waste of all sci-fi elements in favor of waifu shit

i seriously can't sit through 15 consecutive seconds of this garbage and have no idea how anyone else would be able to either

all light novels should be eliminated from existence. they are a blight and none of them have writing above a fourth grade level.
Jan 19, 2018 9:35 PM

Jan 2015
Aside from OP and ED, this show not have any redeeming factors that keep me glued. The MC is the most generic as you possible can get from light novel. Even Shuu from Guilty Crown is alright compared to this.
Rance X is A GOAT.
Jan 19, 2018 9:37 PM
May 2017
Only reason I’m watching Beatless is because the Reverse Flash’s little sister is in it. Lol
Jan 19, 2018 10:12 PM

Mar 2010
Honestly, while I understand what the term is intended to mean, I tried rewatching the related scene several times and I still don't have clue one about what the initial analog hack was. :/

Also, WTF at his face in last second of the episode. LMAO
Jan 19, 2018 10:52 PM

Feb 2014
Well, that was ironic. The main reason a lot of people (myself included) watched the first episode is for the Redjuice character designs. Now the second episode was like the creators saying "yeah, we know." Literally showcasing it as part of the plot. Brilliant!

So far we're 2 for 2 with this show causing me to laugh AT it, but at the same time, some promising concepts were introduced. Correlating social manipulation with "analog hacking" is surprisingly apt and thought provoking, as was Lacia's comment about data/connectivity being analogous to human sight.

There's potential here yet.
Jan 20, 2018 1:32 AM
Jul 2015
kageromero said:
I'm actually glad they decided to take things slow. While not the best episode overall, I much rather they take the time to build a world, characters, and story, than just action action action. Kouka makes an appearance after the ending as well which was nice, next episode should be more exciting

Why did Kouka went to the other glasses boy's house ? Did she came on her own or someone bought them that robot for their house ? Can Kouka get along well with glasses-kun's imouto ?
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beatless Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

12 by SWtaervdesn »»
Dec 30, 2023 5:16 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 19 Discussion

tidoesstuff - Aug 9, 2018

5 by SWtaervdesn »»
Dec 30, 2023 4:31 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 18 Discussion

8 by SWtaervdesn »»
Dec 23, 2023 4:19 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 17 Discussion

4 by SWtaervdesn »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:26 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2018

40 by bakakisima »»
Jun 17, 2023 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.