Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 15, 2018 6:55 AM

Nov 2015
I have a pc now.

But also a ps3 still.

I have this want to buy a console, yet my other side is telling me no.

If so, which console to buy?
Near is far superior to you!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 15, 2018 7:00 AM

Apr 2016
Invest more in PC, invest to the future.
Jan 15, 2018 7:02 AM

Jun 2011
It pretty much always comes down to the game library.

In my opinion I think either the 3DS or PS4 to be the best bet at this point in time.
3DS because it's pretty cheap and has a pretty extensive library of games (though it most likely won't see many new games from now on).
PS4 because it has the best mix of multi-platform and exclusive games (so you miss out on the least amount of games) while also getting all updated versions of the consoles it will possibly get (slim and pro).

The reason why I don't recommend the Switch is because I think it's better to wait for updated hardware and a better library of games. It's just better to wait a bit with the Switch.

But in the end it's all up to you and what games you like. So look at the games each system has on offer and see if there's enough to justify a purchase for you.
Jan 15, 2018 7:11 AM
Jul 2018
depends what games you wont to play really i buy the console that has more games you wont to play since i dont know what you like i just gonna list some i play

Nintedo has some grate exculives like Zelda Bayonetta Bayonetta 2 and the up comeing 3rd you can the 1st on xbox 1 360 and PS3 Pokemon ect if you wont those get a Switch

PlayStation and Xbox both have grate games as well and xbox has the whole backwards compatible thing so you can play 360 games as well

but i own a Switch and PS4 because they have more games i wont to play but ive played all 3 because my brothers owns all 3 and personly i say the PlayStation or Switch are the better ones i only use my brothers Xbox for one game witch is Bayonetta

but choose what ever its your choice at the end of the day =)
Jan 15, 2018 7:37 AM

Nov 2015
Shadow_Link said:
depends what games you wont to play really i buy the console that has more games you wont to play since i dont know what you like i just gonna list some i play

Nintedo has some grate exculives like Zelda Bayonetta Bayonetta 2 and the up comeing 3rd you can the 1st on xbox 1 360 and PS3 Pokemon ect if you wont those get a Switch

PlayStation and Xbox both have grate games as well and xbox has the whole backwards compatible thing so you can play 360 games as well

but i own a Switch and PS4 because they have more games i wont to play but ive played all 3 because my brothers owns all 3 and personly i say the PlayStation or Switch are the better ones i only use my brothers Xbox for one game witch is Bayonetta

So which is better between the 2, switch or ps4?

I also want to play fighting games like BlazBlue or street fighta!

I will use pc for fps!

Jan 15, 2018 7:42 AM
Jul 2018
Error_inscript said:
Shadow_Link said:

So which is better between the 2, switch or ps4?

I also want to play fighting games like BlazBlue or street fighta!

I will use pc for fps!

PS4 is better for Fighting Games they have more where as Switch only has a few like Pokken Torment Arms with isnt very good and a Dragon ball fighting game but Swich is mostly likely to get Smash 5 at some point so if you wont fighting games i go for a PS4
Jan 15, 2018 7:45 AM

Jun 2014
PS4 is definitely the best console out right now, and it has the largest library of games.

Jan 15, 2018 11:49 AM

Jul 2015
Seeing as you already have a PS3, your options are:
A. Upgrade existing PC.
B. Xbox 360 / One.
C. Nintendo (3DS, Wii U, Switch)
D. PS4

I would personally go with A unless my computer was good enough to run any game I want at max settings already.
My next choice would be C. Nintendo offers a lot more exclusives than any other console. You wont see hardly any of these for PC. A Switch is still kinda overpriced, imo. Odyssey is good, but not good enough to buy a console for. Wii U still has Breath of the Wild, so I'd go with that if not a 3DS.
B and D are pretty much just spare choices that you shouldn't take.
Jan 15, 2018 4:30 PM

Nov 2012
Id say PC even though I'm biased. At one point in 2015 I had a ps2, ps3, ps4, xbox, xbox 360,xbox one, wiiu , 3dsxl, vita . I just had way too much hardware and nowhere near enough time to support all of them.

I think its best to have 1 console or 2 at the most. If money is the issue I'd say overall Ps4 best value. But if you have decent bit to spend then I'd go PC or PC+Switch route.

Having a Ps4, PC, Switch is already sounding like overboard to me , at least 1 of your systems is going to mostly be a paperweight unless your a NEET.
Jan 15, 2018 4:39 PM

Apr 2015
You should keep investing in PC but, if you really need to buy a console then it should be the PS4.
Jan 16, 2018 2:51 AM

Aug 2012
If you really want a console, go for a PS4. It's much better than the Xbox and I have no opinions on Nintendo's Switch. Plus, PS4 has great exclusives.
Jan 16, 2018 3:13 AM

Sep 2007
Yeah invest in a PC. If I had money to blow I'd get myself a powerful rig for gaming + other activities.
Jan 16, 2018 3:19 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I'd say a PC if you like playing on PC the best (personally I'm not all about it). If not probably a PS4 or the Switch. Check titles coming out later this year especially.
Jan 16, 2018 4:27 AM

Nov 2011
I bought a PS4 because the games I want to play are released on that platform. Do you have any game you're looking forward to? If there is nothing particularly interesting, see if there are any good ones for the current consoles you have. Otherwise, you can save up the money for now. Who knows maybe in a few months a game you really want to play comes out and you can make a better decision by then.

Jan 16, 2018 7:45 AM

Feb 2015
Yes, you should buy a Sega Dreamcast.
Jan 16, 2018 7:50 AM

Jun 2014
JonasTheJay said:

If this was 5 or 6 years ago, I'd agree, but the prices of Dreamcast games have really gone through the roof.

Skies of Arcadia and Power Stone 2 only cost me around $20 a piece 5 years ago, but if you look on eBay, they're a lot more expensive than that now.

Jan 16, 2018 8:09 AM

Feb 2015
Seiya said:
JonasTheJay said:

If this was 5 or 6 years ago, I'd agree, but the prices of Dreamcast games have really gone through the roof.

Skies of Arcadia and Power Stone 2 only cost me around $20 a piece 5 years ago, but if you look on eBay, they're a lot more expensive than that now.

Yeah, maybe you're right.

I bought a DC a few years ago (or actually I traded it for some old DS and GBA games), but I only bought 3 games since then, because most games I'm interested are really just too expensive for me (especially the European PAL versions). I can barely find Shenmue 2 for under 100€ online.
Jan 16, 2018 8:14 AM

Jun 2014
JonasTheJay said:
Seiya said:

I bought a DC a few years ago (or actually I traded it for some old DS and GBA games), but I only bought 3 games since then, because most games I'm interested are really just too expensive for me (especially the European PAL versions). I can barely find Shenmue 2 for under 100€ online.

I have over 1000 games, and over 50 consoles, but I recently gave up on collecting retro games, because they're just too expensive these days. I recently bought a Raspberry Pi, and now I just emulate the older games.

Jan 17, 2018 2:33 AM

Nov 2015
Seiya said:
JonasTheJay said:

I have over 1000 games, and over 50 consoles, but I recently gave up on collecting retro games, because they're just too expensive these days. I recently bought a Raspberry Pi, and now I just emulate the older games.

Yeah Conidered rasberry pi.
Though is it hard to set up?

Jan 17, 2018 3:09 AM

Dec 2017
I personally really enjoy my PS4, even though I'm a PC gamer at heart. I enjoy all of the exclusives, and the PSN store does have some great sales. The only thing I dislike is having to pay to play online, but I get around this issue by just playing all of my multiplayer games on PC. Of course this is an issue with all consoles, not just PS4, but the price of PS Plus is quite expensive, especially considering the price of games and the console itself.
Jan 17, 2018 4:01 AM

Nov 2015
yourbraveshine said:
I personally really enjoy my PS4, even though I'm a PC gamer at heart. I enjoy all of the exclusives, and the PSN store does have some great sales. The only thing I dislike is having to pay to play online, but I get around this issue by just playing all of my multiplayer games on PC. Of course this is an issue with all consoles, not just PS4, but the price of PS Plus is quite expensive, especially considering the price of games and the console itself.

I am also a pc gamer at heart.

But right now.

I am not allowed to upgrade my pc so...

I still have a ps3 maybe I will buy cheap games for that then. .

Jan 17, 2018 4:32 AM

Jul 2013
If its between a ps4 and an xbox one its between a console and an "entertainment system". If you've a pc I'd say just get a switch. Most of the good ps4 games are also on pc.
Cept bloodborne tho. Yeah get a ps4. Bloodborne, man
Jan 17, 2018 4:32 AM

Sep 2009
You should get a console that effectively consoles you. Sorry, had to <.<
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 17, 2018 4:51 AM

Nov 2015
MortalMelancholy said:

Huh?

KiKiKi_MaMaMa said:
If its between a ps4 and an xbox one its between a console and an "entertainment system". If you've a pc I'd say just get a switch. Most of the good ps4 games are also on pc.

But I cant play console games on my pc as it sucks...

I can barely play asphalt 8

Jan 17, 2018 4:52 AM

Sep 2009
Error_inscript said:
MortalMelancholy said:

Huh?

KiKiKi_MaMaMa said:

Google gets it <.<
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 17, 2018 4:58 AM

Jul 2013
Error_inscript said:
MortalMelancholy said:

Huh?

KiKiKi_MaMaMa said:

Then I'd say get a ps4. It's been out a few years now, you should be able to get one on the cheap.
Jan 17, 2018 5:09 AM

Sep 2008
Yeah dude buy a Switch and waste your life playing Splatoon 2 all day
chill out
Jan 17, 2018 7:07 AM

Jun 2014
Error_inscript said:
Seiya said:

Yeah Conidered rasberry pi.
Though is it hard to set up?

Not at all.

Once you download the Retropie image, you plug the microSD card into your computer, and use a program called "Etcher," which flashes retropie onto the MicroSD card.

Then, you plug the MicroSD card into the Raspberry Pi, turn it on, and Retropie will boot up. The only thing you'll have to do, is configure controller inputs. Once booted into most emulators, you can also change controls and other things by pressing F1, and going through the menus.

Jan 17, 2018 8:58 AM

Mar 2017
ManOfInterest said:
In my opinion PC Master Race is the way to go, just the utility and number of functions they can do blows those overpriced boxes away.

You say "overpriced boxes" and make it sound like some PCs aren't $3,000+. No Xbox or PS was ever that price.

CURRENT OTPS - Kaito Kid x Shinichi Kudou
CURRENT OBSESSION - Detective Conan
CURRENTLY PLAYING - Spyro | Crash Bandicoot
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO - WRLD: By Design
CURRENT HUSBAND - Kaitou Kid
Jan 17, 2018 9:02 AM

Jan 2018
Shadow_Link said:

I agree if you like FPS games go for a PS4 or Xbox. If you want awesome creative RPGs to go buy a switch for the likes of Breath of the Wild, though bear in mind not a lot of games have released as of yet so you might be waiting a bit if you're quick, however, they're releasing Dark Souls remastered soon enough so I'm sure you will be entertained!
Jan 17, 2018 9:29 AM

Oct 2016
-Melancholy- said:
ManOfInterest said:
In my opinion PC Master Race is the way to go, just the utility and number of functions they can do blows those overpriced boxes away.

You say "overpriced boxes" and make it sound like some PCs aren't $3,000+. No Xbox or PS was ever that price.
A PC comparable to the graphics of PS4 can be built under $500.
Jan 17, 2018 9:33 AM

Mar 2017
Yanri said:
-Melancholy- said:

Sure, it can be. But with the 4k and everything else, I highly doubt you'll be finding a price below $500. And these days, Xbox Ones and PS4's don't price at $500 so I hardly see the price margin comparable.

Jan 17, 2018 10:57 AM

Oct 2016
-Melancholy- said:
Yanri said:

Sure, it can be. But with the 4k and everything else, I highly doubt you'll be finding a price below $500. And these days, Xbox Ones and PS4's don't price at $500 so I hardly see the price margin comparable.
That's because a PC is much more than just a gaming machine. But it has its benefits. Unlike consoles, you don't need to buy another PC to play previous generation games. PC gets Xbox and PS ports (and vice versa), which means you can play many games of both console lineups with only a single PC. For example, you can play Tales of Berseria and Halo Wars 2 on PC. To play these on consoles, you'd need a PS3/PS4 and an Xbox One. The combined price of an Xbox One and a PS3/PS4 is higher than an equivalently powerful PC. PC games are also cheaper than their console counterparts. Over the years, it can really add up. And a PC only costs that much if you're building from the scratch. If you're upgrading a component, it would cost less than a console and it's good to go another 2/3 years.

Also, many reportedly 4k Xbox One X and PS4 games are just 1080p/2k upscaled to 4k.
Jan 17, 2018 12:39 PM
Jul 2018
Chalty said:
Shadow_Link said:

I agree if you like FPS games go for a PS4 or Xbox. If you want awesome creative RPGs to go buy a switch for the likes of Breath of the Wild, though bear in mind not a lot of games have released as of yet so you might be waiting a bit if you're quick, however, they're releasing Dark Souls remastered soon enough so I'm sure you will be entertained!

yeah im waiting on more games hopefully smash 5 will be a thing

yeah i herd about Dark Souls i dont really that interested in buying it and i most likely wont buy it

im more intrested in buying Bayonetta 1 and 2 and soon to be 3rd and Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
Jan 17, 2018 12:41 PM

Jan 2013
Ps4 is the only one worth buying imo
If Bloodborne seems like your thing go for it.
Jan 17, 2018 1:00 PM

Mar 2017
Yanri said:
-Melancholy- said:

That's because a PC is much more than just a gaming machine. But it has its benefits. Unlike consoles, you don't need to buy another PC to play previous generation games. PC gets Xbox and PS ports (and vice versa), which means you can play many games of both console lineups with only a single PC. For example, you can play Tales of Berseria and Halo Wars 2 on PC. To play these on consoles, you'd need a PS3/PS4 and an Xbox One. The combined price of an Xbox One and a PS3/PS4 is higher than an equivalently powerful PC. PC games are also cheaper than their console counterparts. Over the years, it can really add up. And a PC only costs that much if you're building from the scratch. If you're upgrading a component, it would cost less than a console and it's good to go another 2/3 years.

Also, many reportedly 4k Xbox One X and PS4 games are just 1080p/2k upscaled to 4k.

As I own a PS4, an Xbox One, and a PC, I very well am aware about the pros and cons of each of them. I never said that the benefits of a PC were less than that of an Xbox or a Playstation, just simply that they can hardly be called overpriced when gaming computers can go for much higher prices. You can do more than just game on an Xbox and PS as well, so pointing that out seems completely irrelevant in my opinion.

Each comes with it's own benefits and withdraws. There are some things that are Xbox and PS exclusive which makes it worth owning each. Gaming is an expensive hobby regardless, so one shouldn't try going into it if they don't have a stable amount of income.

Jan 17, 2018 1:07 PM

Jan 2018
Shadow_Link said:
Chalty said:

yeah i herd about Dark Souls i dont really that interested in buying it and i most likely wont buy it

im more intrested in buying Bayonetta 1 and 2 and soon to be 3rd and Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition

Oh yeah a new smash game for the switch is definitely on the top of what I want.
I've never played Bayonetta though, and I had Hyrule warriors on the WiiU so again not too interested. Recently finished Mario Odyssey which was great, would recommend (Not as good as Breath of the Wild I must add)
Jan 17, 2018 1:17 PM
Jul 2018
Chalty said:
Shadow_Link said:

Oh yeah a new smash game for the switch is definitely on the top of what I want.
I've never played Bayonetta though, and I had Hyrule warriors on the WiiU so again not too interested. Recently finished Mario Odyssey which was great, would recommend (Not as good as Breath of the Wild I must add)

yeah i knida wont a better roster though

Bayonetta really good it quilte a hard game as well witch is fun and i own Hyrule Warriors on 3DS im pritty much going to get the switch version becuase it has all the DLC

yeah i played Breath of the Wild a amazing game one of my favorites but i dont like Mario though i played one of his games when i was younger and wasnt a fan of it
Jan 17, 2018 1:29 PM
Dec 2017
So many reasons to stay pc master race that one post can not contain it. But if you have to get one for some reason. You might want to consider how many of your friends have Xbox vs PlayStation. Also if compare the subscription cost for server game play.
Jan 17, 2018 1:41 PM

Jan 2018
Shadow_Link said:
Chalty said:

Bayonetta really good it quilte a hard game as well witch is fun and i own Hyrule Warriors on 3DS im pritty much going to get the switch version becuase it has all the DLC

yeah i played Breath of the Wild a amazing game one of my favorites but i dont like Mario though i played one of his games when i was younger and wasnt a fan of it

Yeah I'm not a huge mario fan either but this was good fun actually. tbf I loved the theme song which was a bit of incentive for me to buy it. Maybe I'll check out Bayonetta
Jan 17, 2018 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
Chalty said:
Shadow_Link said:

Yeah I'm not a huge mario fan either but this was good fun actually. tbf I loved the theme song which was a bit of incentive for me to buy it. Maybe I'll check out Bayonetta

ah i see i wasnt a fan of the song

you should Bayonetta a really fun game its has a really solid and fun combat system and the soundtrack is amazing
Jan 17, 2018 2:08 PM

May 2009
MrTea said:
Pretty much this.

I'm interested in the Wii U and the Switch because I'm interested in Splatoon and maybe some of the Mario games, while all PS4 would offer me are some JRPGs I might be able to get eventually on PC, while the XBone is...pretty much a barren landscape as far as games I want go.

Switch is particularly nice because it seems I'd be able to play with or without a TV. But this is a secondary feature assuming that I want to play it in the first place, which depends on the games.

I'm also interested in some older systems, but presumably you're not asking about those. Unless you are in which case I can comment there, but it'll be pretty much entirely through the lens of my personal taste.

-Melancholy- said:
ManOfInterest said:

To be fair, mine cost a few hundred dollars.
GlennMagusHarveyJan 17, 2018 2:11 PM
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jan 17, 2018 3:00 PM

Mar 2017
GlennMagusHarvey said:
MrTea said:
Pretty much this.

I'm interested in the Wii U and the Switch because I'm interested in Splatoon and maybe some of the Mario games, while all PS4 would offer me are some JRPGs I might be able to get eventually on PC, while the XBone is...pretty much a barren landscape as far as games I want go.

Switch is particularly nice because it seems I'd be able to play with or without a TV. But this is a secondary feature assuming that I want to play it in the first place, which depends on the games.

I'm also interested in some older systems, but presumably you're not asking about those. Unless you are in which case I can comment there, but it'll be pretty much entirely through the lens of my personal taste.

-Melancholy- said:

To be fair, mine cost a few hundred dollars.

I never said it couldn't be a few hundred. I am well aware that some PCs are cheaper than others. Just depends on how much you are willing to invest on it.

Jan 17, 2018 4:10 PM

May 2009
-Melancholy- said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:
mine cost a few hundred dollars.

I never said it couldn't be a few hundred. I am well aware that some PCs are cheaper than others. Just depends on how much you are willing to invest on it.
Yea, basically that too. Which, in turn, depends on what you want to do with that PC.

I'm not going to be playing the latest AAA games on a 144 Hz 4K monitor, using this computer, but that's not what I'm interested in doing, so I can be content with a cheaper system. Is it perfect? Nope. But then again, no system is perfect, and we just gotta work with tradeoffs.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jan 17, 2018 5:09 PM

Mar 2017
GlennMagusHarvey said:
-Melancholy- said:

Yea, basically that too. Which, in turn, depends on what you want to do with that PC.

I'm not going to be playing the latest AAA games on a 144 Hz 4K monitor, using this computer, but that's not what I'm interested in doing, so I can be content with a cheaper system. Is it perfect? Nope. But then again, no system is perfect, and we just gotta work with tradeoffs.

Couldn't have said it better myself, pal. Gotta make do with what we get.

Jan 17, 2018 5:12 PM

Jun 2015
A lot of people were impressed with the Nintendo Switch, if you're into their games and characters I'd go with that.
Jan 17, 2018 8:54 PM

Mar 2014
Out of all the consoles newer than the PS3... I enjoyed the new 3DS XL the most. Though, the new 2DS is just as good and cheaper. After that I'd say it would be the PS4 and then the switch, which will probably climb higher on this list as newer games get added.
Jan 19, 2018 1:05 PM
Jul 2018
Well it all depends on your personal taste and games you're looking forward to, but I'd definitely recommend you to buy a console! Either PS4 or Nintendo Switch because:

I don't recommend you to buy an Xbox One because all of its exclusives are on pc too, so you'd waste your money.

Hope this will help you!
removed-userJan 19, 2018 1:21 PM
Jan 19, 2018 1:08 PM

Oct 2014
Maybe a PS4 or Switch? It depends on what you want man.
Jan 20, 2018 8:14 AM
Jun 2017
If you have a PS3, then you'll love the PS4, which has just as much exclusive, niche content.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Do you still use ur disc drive to play games ?

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 4

14 by juanlqr »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Between these two franchises ,which do you think has the better soundtracks?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

0 by Thy-Veseveia »»
Yesterday, 5:46 PM

» Online games in your life ( 1 2 )

OlliFill - Oct 7, 2021

53 by FanofAction »»
Yesterday, 3:05 PM

» For the people who have played odin sphere leifthrasir, who is ur fav character to use?

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 4

2 by Thy-Veseveia »»
Yesterday, 10:47 AM

» Wuthering Waves

ashisland - May 20

24 by SaltyCookie »»
Yesterday, 12:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.