Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2018 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, this sequel felt very much like the previous season. Lighthearted OP song, character personalities, etc.

First episode is okay. It reintroduced the main characters properly and it had the storytelling style I had expected. I really hope they give Kashuu Kiyomitsu a prominent role this season though as he's the guy that has my attention the most so far.

The action was okay so far, wasn't that impressive but got its point across.
Jan 7, 2018 8:43 PM

Jun 2015
This second season feels pretty much the same as the first season. Seeing everyone interact with each other was nice. It's good to see them again. The action was okay. Those two brothers are quite strong.
Jan 8, 2018 1:32 AM
Jun 2017
I loved the 1st season and this season feels exactly like the 1st season which was exactly what I wanted it to be. I just loved seeing all of my fave characters again. Although I hope they bring Yamato back soon :)
Jan 8, 2018 8:56 AM

Dec 2016
It's nice to see all of them again ^^ More new characters to introduce like it shows in the opening. Hizamaru and Higekiri are not new since they already appeared in Katsugeki, but it's nice to see the brothers again in this new season :)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 8, 2018 2:49 PM
Aug 2017
Is it only me that I like Hanamaru than Katsugeki? The Honmaru and the swords' interaction in Hanamaru is closer to my mental image than in Katsugeki.
Jan 8, 2018 5:34 PM

Jul 2015
Himawari9 said:
Is it only me that I like Hanamaru than Katsugeki? The Honmaru and the swords' interaction in Hanamaru is closer to my mental image than in Katsugeki.
No, I much prefer Hanamaru over Katsugeki too. I've watched season 1 several times, it's just the type of SoL I had been hoping for. If season 2 manages to stay somewhat similar (with new swords and Yasusada's personal growth included of course) then I'm happy.
Jan 9, 2018 2:39 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I think I'll like this season more than the first, primarily because it seems like it's no longer (semi) focused on Yamatonokami, who I don't really care for as a character, although I like his chara design and his relationship with Kashuu.

And so the cast becomes even bigger, must be fun for the animators to be drawing so many characters XD Higekiri and Hizamaru look perfectly beautiful no matter which anime they're in (Katsugeki or Hanamaru). Some character designs in Hanamaru don't look as polished imo, but the character designer did a great job with the brothers here. Couldn't stop looking at them ^^ I also liked the ED song they sang.

I found the scene where KAKAKA and Doudanuki were beating mochi funny because they're voiced by the same VA haha.
Jan 10, 2018 12:58 PM

Jul 2012
I'm glad this is back! First season was pretty cool and also surprisingly funny XD
I'm expecting more heartwarming and absurd moments \o/

Jan 15, 2018 8:14 PM

Oct 2008
Here we go S2!
OMG! 1st episode of Season 2 was focused on Higekiri & Hizamaru!
OMG! when I see those 2 and as well as Yamanbagiri & Izuminokami, I always remember Katsugeki! especially Mikazuki Munechika! as well as Mutsunokami.
5/5.

Jan 16, 2018 6:49 AM

May 2013
Nice first episode. A good touch to have Mutsunokami playing around with the cameras since if the show is less focused on the time travel aspect, it gives him something to do with his fascination with technology outside of his own era (they did this in Katsugeki with boats and firearms but I would hope he wouldn't bring those home).

I will echo what other people said about preferring Hanamaru - I'm not sure what the overall perception of Katsugeki was but I was very disappointed. It was quite boring, and worse than that it was an eyesore. Every episode was so dark it got painful to watch - when it wasn't dark it was oversaturated with orange and blue. And the forced drama...

I will take Hanamaru over that every time, even if it is a bit overly fluffy - fine with me.
Jan 22, 2018 8:10 AM
Sep 2017
Why did Yamatonokami go??
Jan 26, 2018 5:54 AM

May 2016
Season 2 yay! It was nice seeing the two brothers again, and their ED song was pretty good.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zoku Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2018

13 by Konani »»
Jan 21, 2019 12:24 PM

Poll: » Zoku Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2018

9 by Konani »»
Jan 21, 2019 10:42 AM

Poll: » Zoku Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2018

11 by Konani »»
Jan 20, 2019 10:38 PM

Poll: » Zoku Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2018

8 by maigyo »»
Dec 13, 2018 1:04 PM

Poll: » Zoku Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2018

7 by Ittan_Momen »»
Oct 31, 2018 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.